Project Neverused Teambuilding Competition V2 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but anything other than FLCL's team I would be lying. The set is too creative, no matter who made it, it is by far the most creative set and team imho.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yo i don't wanna CAP this but can you guys post some actual reasoning instead of just blindly bandwagoning, at least if you're gonna get people to vote for you so that everyone posting in this thread is contributing a lil bit

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Deleted some of the posts that I think was clearly just some bandwagon. (left some because I couldn't tell if just someone new or not). Please stop trying to ruin this thread by making this a popularity contest where the one with the most friends to vote for him wins. Also agreeing with tennisace that you guys should atleast try to explain why you are voting for a team (and not a shit reason like 'lolz its cos hes my fren and i like his team xD).

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Innovation wins (aka FLCL)

Also as per Soulgazer's request on the last page I've updated the rules. I've removed Slurpuff and added Crustle and Kangaskhan to the list of Pokemon with limits (decided to leave out Missy for now since a lot of teams use Rotom over it too, but it can be revisited if needed). To be clear, you can now only use one of the following when submitting a team: Feraligatr, Mesprit, Crustle, and Kangaskhan.

And with that said the next core is (naturally):

+

Slurpuff (in particular Belly Drum variants) is an extremely powerful sweeper, but it struggles heavily against bulky Steel-types (until Drain Punch :^) ). This is where Probopass comes in, being able to trap Steel-types with Magnet Pull and pave the way for a sweep. In addition to that, Probopass supplies Slurpuff with both a bulky pivot and slow Volt Switch to gain momentum and bring it in safely.

You have one week, I'll update the HoF and rules shortly

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Protect

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 188 HP / 60 Def / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Giga Drain

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

So I'll start off with the core, got standard Belly Drum Slurpuff with Protect cause fuck Fake Out. Then we got trapper Probopass who is there to trap all steel types and open up a hole for Slurpuff to punch through, Hidden Power Fire is specifically for Ferroseed, I added on Stealth Rock over Flash Cannon because not having rocks was not an option. Feraligatr is placed on the team because Probopass makes an excellent partner that is able to take down Ferroseed, it can also wear down similar walls to Slurpuff and allow one or the other to sweep earlier. Uxie is on the team as a late game wincon against unprepared teams and against stall teams, Soulgazer s spread with Giga Drain. Hariyama can be used as a pivot and is there to check fire spam, I decided to go with Earthquake over Fake Out to hit Dragalge harder (testing this out, might go back to dual priority). And specs eggy is supposedly all the rage and after testing out the team I can see why, it destroys a lot of things, like iTeddeh (Brawlfest you better vote for me this time I put eggy on for you!). So thats the team feel free to try it out!

Last edited:

Here's an offensive VoltTurn team based around Belly Drum Slurpuff. Obviously Magnet Pull Probopass is used to trap and take out Steel-types, primarily Ferroseed. It is also great at luring in Fighting-types and then Volt Switching out of them and into Slurpuff to set up. Liepard does the same thing with Fighting-types, but it also Encores things to open up a chance for Slurpuff to set up. Substitute is used on Slurpuff to take full advantage of Liepard's Encore--if I can lock a Pokemon into a status move and then sac something, I can bring Slurpuff in and pop a Sub to dodge the status. Works the same way with weaker attacks like Gurdurr's Mach Punch. Choice Band Sawk can break through problematic Steel-types and Rhydon for Slurpuff, and it can weaken stuff like Weezing. Offensive Seismitoad is a fun Stealth Rock setter that can keep Crustle from getting up lots of hazards and hindering my team's VoltTurn abilities, and it's a nice offensive check to other Feraligatr, Samurott, and other Seismitoad. The EVs outspeed Samurott so that I can finish it off with a Grass Knot, and not many people run enough Speed on Feraligatr to outrun Samurott even though they should, so it usually covers that too. Finally, Scarf Rotom offers added VoltTurn support and is a standard ass revenge killer.

Toxic Spikes are a bitch though. But that's always true.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Substitute

Liepard @ Dread Plate
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hollywood you might want to go with Jolly on Sawk and maybe even Protect > Substitute on Slurpuff as Kangaskhan looks annoying for your team (Jolly Sawk doesn't outspeed Jolly Kangaskhan, but not many run Jolly in XY).

Montsegur try Timid on Exeggutor IMO. It will let Exeggutor outspeed slower variants of Feraligatr (including those running 112 spe for Pawniard (neutral 60s)) or like Swords Dance Samurott since you don't have much for those at the moment. I don't think you will miss the power of Modest too much ;) Nice Sassy Uxie btw.

/rating

I am not really a big fan of Probopass since its a bit weak, has massive 4MSS (I want Flash Cannon, Hidden Power Fire, Earth Power, Volt Switch, Stealth Rock, Toxic, etc.), and doesn't really switch on Normal-types as well as other Normal-type resists since its 4x weak to Ground and Fighting :(. Might try to build something later tho.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'll try out Timid, otherwise Probopass does have a 4MSS for the role its trying to fill in this core of being a trapper and still wanting to status and get up rocks.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hollywood you might want to go with Jolly on Sawk and maybe even Protect > Substitute on Slurpuff as Kangaskhan looks annoying for your team (Jolly Sawk doesn't outspeed Jolly Kangaskhan, but not many run Jolly in XY).

Montsegur try Timid on Exeggutor IMO. It will let Exeggutor outspeed slower variants of Feraligatr (including those running 112 spe for Pawniard (neutral 60s)) or like Swords Dance Samurott since you don't have much for those at the moment. I don't think you will miss the power of Modest too much ;) Nice Sassy Uxie btw.

/rating

I am not really a big fan of Probopass since its a bit weak, has massive 4MSS (I want Flash Cannon, Hidden Power Fire, Earth Power, Volt Switch, Stealth Rock, Toxic, etc.), and doesn't really switch on Normal-types as well as other Normal-type resists since its 4x weak to Ground and Fighting :(. Might try to build something later tho.
Only probopass is LO toxic probopass

upload_2014-10-20_21-49-55.png
upload_2014-10-20_21-50-27.png
upload_2014-10-20_21-52-5.png
upload_2014-10-20_21-52-42.png
upload_2014-10-20_21-53-2.png
upload_2014-10-20_22-0-34.png

This is an updated version of my RMT with Slurpuff over Kadabra and Swanna > Samurott. This team works really well in supporting a sweep with either Sceptile or Calm Mind Slurpuff, who have excellent offensive synergy together. CM + 3 Attacks Slurpuff is a beast and catches a lot of it's usual checks like Steelix or Garbodor off guard. Taunt Trapper Probo was no longer as efficient as it was when Kadabra was on the team, so I went with a more defensive set to allow myself to check more threats throughout the match. Bulky SD Sceptile is a god that iplaytennislol got me hooked on as it still outspeeds Gatr with no investment while still being able to clean late game. Defog Swanna helps keep hazards off the field for both Sceptile and Slurpuff who hate T-Spikes. Hariyama is easiest mon to slap onto any team as it fills so many roles on Bulky Offense. Mesprit was added over Uxie due to Probopass being able to get up rocks which allowed me to take a more offensive look on the team. Physical Scarf Mesprit is used to get Soulgazer's vote add some more speed to the team as well as some Healing Wish support to help Sceptile and Slurpuff late game. P.S these nicknames are 10x better than anything tennis could come up with js imo tbh.

Phat cake thing (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Happiness: 0
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

S++ imo (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Healing Wish

RIP-tile (Sceptile) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics

Yom Kipper (Probopass) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Earth Power

BT (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Ban Lava Plume (Swanna) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
View attachment 28436View attachment 28437View attachment 28441View attachment 28442View attachment 28443 View attachment 28444

This is an updated version of my RMT with Slurpuff over Kadabra and Swanna > Samurott. This team works really well in supporting a sweep with either Sceptile or Calm Mind Slurpuff, who have excellent offensive synergy together. CM + 3 Attacks Slurpuff is a beast and catches a lot of it's usual checks like Steelix or Garbodor off guard. Taunt Trapper Probo was no longer as efficient as it was when Kadabra was on the team, so I went with a more defensive set to allow myself to check more threats throughout the match. Bulky SD Sceptile is a god that iplaytennislol got me hooked on as it still outspeeds Gatr with no investment while still being able to clean late game. Defog Swanna helps keep hazards off the field for both Sceptile and Slurpuff who hate T-Spikes. Hariyama is easiest mon to slap onto any team as it fills so many roles on Bulky Offense. Mesprit was added over Uxie due to Probopass being able to get up rocks which allowed me to take a more offensive look on the team. Physical Scarf Mesprit is used to get Soulgazer's vote add some more speed to the team as well as some Healing Wish support to help Sceptile and Slurpuff late game. P.S these nicknames are 10x better than anything tennis could come up with js imo tbh.

Phat cake thing (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Happiness: 0
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

S++ imo (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Healing Wish

RIP-tile (Sceptile) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics

Yom Kipper (Probopass) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Earthquake

BT (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Ban Lava Plume (Swanna) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
Your earthquake probopass looks powerful.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Thought I'd try to build a more defensive team for this, and if Probopass can't wear down the Slurpuff checks, I can weaken them via hazards and general chip damage. I've always wanted to build around this core for a while, so this comp also gave me the opportunity to do so. Like most stall, keep everything healthy, blah blah blah, prevents hazards with xatu and make way for slurpuff to sweep/clean up late game.
http://pastebin.com/aNbGCfif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)