ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been mentioned (As I am not going through 100+ pages) but 4 locations called "A Faraway Place". I'd be thinking Palkia/Dialga/Zekrom/Reshiram in each assuming each one gets one of those dark portals.

Also Battle resort confirmed, however you'd think things like Battle factory would get a drop down name plate thing like the Kalos Elite 4 which are in the map names, however only Battle resort is listed which means we're probably only getting a tower style thing.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So of all the things that were uncovered, what do we still not know much about other than the Battle Resort?
My guess is that they probably hadn't gotten that deep into making the Battle Resort on the build the demo is made with. Games go through hundreds if not thousands of builds before the finals versions, all of them in various phases (and some specifically made to test a feature out).

Why is Wallace suddenly a magical girl.

I honestly love it, but I think I'm gonna be in shock for the next month.
He made a contract with Espurr.

Not sure if it's been mentioned (As I am not going through 100+ pages) but 4 locations called "A Faraway Place". I'd be thinking Palkia/Dialga/Zekrom/Reshiram in each assuming each one gets one of those dark portals.

Also Battle resort confirmed, however you'd think things like Battle factory would get a drop down name plate thing like the Kalos Elite 4 which are in the map names, however only Battle resort is listed which means we're probably only getting a tower style thing.
The Emerald Battle Frontier actually used the same location throughout every area, so that doesn't mean anything.

My guess is that they probably hadn't gotten that deep into making the Battle Resort on the build the demo is made with. Games go through hundreds if not thousands of builds before the finals versions, all of them in various phases (and some specifically made to test a feature out).
Like what I said. This could also explain the Dark Pulse and Sleep Talk tutors, although it is unlikely those will be changed. Edit: Actually now that I think of it it could make sense that they might just not have been changed. Is it possible that the moves were just assigned to certain Pokemon just because they could learn the move by TM or is there no correlation?

And I have one more reason we could get more megas then I'll shut up about it. It's Audino. Why would Audino be the only generation V Pokemon to Mega Evolve? There has to be more.

Last edited:
The Emerald Battle Frontier actually used the same location throughout every area, so that doesn't mean anything.
I do agree with that, and "Resort" does sound like it would have several attractions. Also as said above Could be also not yet in the Build. You'd think after each room in the Kalos Elite four got a specific name, things like the Battle pike would, Only time will tell :P

Its possible that the Battle Resort is just the Battle Frontier, but just renamed to the Battle Resort because a friend pointed it out that it felt more like a resort than anything else.

Its possible that the Battle Resort is just the Battle Frontier, but just renamed to the Battle Resort because a friend pointed it out that it felt more like a resort than anything else.
I think that's what they'd do, Imagine the Giant Seviper :o
Battle resort like the Sinnoh battle resort
That was the Battle Zone (It was my first thought to) it had a resort area and Fight Area however.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looked through the Trainer Battles and found the Winstrates. I then looked for Vito and found something interesting about his team:

Ace Trainer Vito - 346
======
Pokemon: 3
Electrode (Lv. 44)
Swalot (Lv. 44)
Darmanitan (Lv. 44)
In RS/E he was found in Victory Road and used 4 Pokemon: a Swellow/Dodrio, Kadabra, Manectric/Electrode, & Shiftry.

What caught my eye is that he's using a Darmanitan and I doubt that's in the Hoenn Dex (unless they did expand it). I'm not to sure what to think of this, does anyone here have an idea?

Also I looked up the Gym Leaders but could only find one battle with them, their initial Gym Battle.

Looked through the Trainer Battles and found the Winstrates. I then looked for Vito and found something interesting about his team:

In RS/E he was found in Victory Road and used 4 Pokemon: a Swellow/Dodrio, Kadabra, Manectric/Electrode, & Shiftry.

What caught my eye is that he's using a Darmanitan and I doubt that's in the Hoenn Dex (unless they did expand it). I'm not to sure what to think of this, does anyone here have an idea?

Also I looked up the Gym Leaders but could only find one battle with them, their initial Gym Battle.
That's weird but it certainly is possible there are more Pokemon in Hoenn than before. There is some data missing too, so I expect the gym leader rematches to come up at some point.

Youngster Joey - 023
======
Pokemon: 2
Zigzagoon (Lv. 7)
Machop (Lv. 9)

Top percentage of Zigzagoon!

Was mentioned earlier. Believed to be a locked away area of Victory road

Interesting, Especially since lvl. 44 is far to low to be post game, Darmanitan must be in I suppose... Which honestly wouldn't surprise me. I feel there will be a fair few from Unova and Sinnoh added to main Game.

Also make note that many of the trainers in the list still have not been assigned Pokemon (Unless there are 60+ trainers that really like have 1 lvl. 5 Zigzagoon) so I'd imagine even other trainers are not yet assigned all their Pokemon Such as the final battle against the admins (Math and Courtney) they only have lvl 55 Mega-Camerupt/Sharpedo, Which is too high to be Main game, but too low by themselves to be post-game. (Potential double battle?)

Hence for what it's worth :p

Only Normal gem is on a Pokemon trainer's team
Nope, there is a regenerating one in terminus cave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also make note that many of the trainers in the list still have not been assigned Pokemon (Unless there are 60+ trainers that really like have 1 lvl. 5 Zigzagoon) so I'd imagine even other trainers are not yet assigned all their Pokemon Such as the final battle against the admins (Math and Courtney) they only have lvl 55 Mega-Camerupt/Sharpedo, Which is too high to be Main game, but too low by themselves to be post-game.
AZ had 60s, Looker side quest had mid 50s. They could be one-off pot game battles

I wonder if Mega Alakazam still has the same stats (they messed up by having it boost only 90 stats probably due to forgetting that they gave regular Zam a +10 in sp.def)

Also Dustox. Beautifly got an increase in XY, Dustox did not.

It's too bad that there aren't any new tutors for new moves like moon blast or old moves like rapid spin. The tutor list seems like it's hardly changed since bw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)