ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit:Oh ok sorry didn't see the competitive thread..
anyway I searched most lists and didn't found many useful moves not noted here.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Somebody was kind enough to make an ORAS Mega Evolution thread in the sub-forum conveniently known as "Competitive Discussion". That forum has been named as such for a reason, and I (and the forum rules) think all discussion of new Megas should happen there.

In short:
GO HERE FOR COMPETITIVE DISCUSSION OF ORAS MEGAS, please.
Anybody caught competitively discussing ORAS Megas in this thread (posting sets, damage calcs, and such) below this post, will have their posts summarily deleted.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Just posting something from a DigitalSpy interview.

"Also we have 3D models already, so we were able to focus more of our resources on developing content, and one of those was for the post-game content as well."

Ohmori added: "We can't reveal a lot of things that are post game at this time, but we really did pay attention to that quite a bit, so we came up quite a few new ways for people to enjoy the game after they've finished the story portion of it as well.
Then again, you probably all already know from data-mining.

I personally think that the demo may have been based on an early stage in development, based on the fact that Rayquaza's Mega Stats seem to contradict what has been officially stated about them while the Move Tutors are the exact same as BW2's list with the exception of Water Pulse and Shock Wave; so I'd expect some changes in the actual game.

As for the whole thing about there being no more Megas in ORAS because we couldn't find them in the demo... this reminds me of a certain situation. We at one point believed ORAS would have absolutely no new Megas simply because we couldn't find them in XY's data. Just like we can't find any more new ones in the Demo. This was supported by the fact that there were Mega Latis in the data, and why would they only program them in and not any more ORAS Megas if they did exist. Just like Hoopa in the Demo. Call me crazy, but maybe GF is actually catching onto hackers and getting so worrysome about spoilers that they're intentionally leaving out Megas of future games out of XY and Demo's data - as for why there's so much other data such as Move Tutors and TM Lists, I'm pretty sure a whole new Mega for Flygon, Milotic or Hydreigon is a bit more important to keep under wraps than Hawlucha getting Fire Punch.
I'm not saying that this means it's for definite that we are getting more Megas, but because this is the exact same situation we went through months ago in which we were proven wrong, I wouldn't say it's for definite either that we've seen all the ORAS Megas.

Last edited:
I personally think that the demo may have been based on an early stage in development, based on the fact that Rayquaza's Mega Stats seem to contradict what has been officially stated about them while the Move Tutors are the exact same as BW2's list with the exception of Water Pulse and Shock Wave; so I'd expect some changes in the actual game.

As for the whole thing about there being no more Megas in ORAS because we couldn't find them in the demo... this reminds me of a certain situation. We at one point believed ORAS would have absolutely no new Megas simply because we couldn't find them in XY's data. Just like we can't find any more new ones in the Demo. This was supported by the fact that there were Mega Latis in the data, and why would they only program them in and not any more ORAS Megas if they did exist. Just like Hoopa in the Demo. Call me crazy, but maybe GF is actually catching onto hackers and getting so worrysome about spoilers that they're intentionally leaving out Megas of future games out of XY and Demo's data - as for why there's so much other data such as Move Tutors and TM Lists, I'm pretty sure a whole new Mega for Flygon, Milotic or Hydreigon is a bit more important to keep under wraps than Hawlucha getting Fire Punch.
I'm not saying that this means it's for definite that we aren't getting any more Megas, but because this is the exact same situation we went through months ago in which we were proven wrong, I wouldn't say it's for definite either that we've seen all the ORAS Megas.
Maybe some spy from Game Freak is a user of this thread and is watching us and our reactions as it laughs like the devil and sends countermesures against hackers to the company.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Yes, that's right, make them think Shock Wave and Water Pulse are the only new Move Tutor Moves; we shall dine on their tears this night"
"They think there's no more Mega Evolutions; the fools. It'll be fun to watch they them initially cheer for joy upon the US demo having Mega Braviary, only for them to then panic realizing the code they spent hours analyzing was OBSOLETE and start scurrying around. Then they'll probably dump the US demo and start the process all over again, like self-setting dominoes"

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Actually they do employ people to watch over major sites.

(At least it is known that they have staff watching over Hong Kong Pokemon Alliance. So there should be people watching over major sites of different languages too)

Yep, game developers do have people who browse gaming sites if they don't do it themselves (wouldn't you, if you were part of creating huge games like Pokemon?). Still, have we considered the possibility that they don't care if we datamine the game? Like yeah, they'll try to keep the main games as much a surprise as possible but they could just go 'Meh if they want to go to the trouble, let them get themselves even more hyped'.

Yep, game developers do have people who browse gaming sites if they don't do it themselves (wouldn't you, if you were part of creating huge games like Pokemon?). Still, have we considered the possibility that they don't care if we datamine the game? Like yeah, they'll try to keep the main games as much a surprise as possible but they could just go 'Meh if they want to go to the trouble, let them get themselves even more hyped'.
I have, but again, what I was saying was not definite proof that there will be more Megas - simply that based on XY's datamine and our assumptions from it, the ORAS Demo datamine can therefore not be used as definite proof that there will not be more Megas. Maybe they don't care and yes those are the only new Megas, but we can't know that for sure.

yes I'm late to the party
So I noticed on the ORAS Research thread that Mega Hoopa is a thing... While I'm not against giving legendaries Megas, I am against giving them Megas when they aren't even released.

Still, I'm pretty meh on the matter at hand.

And while I'm here, is MGlalie actually Ice/Ice or is that just an error?
From the Research Thread said:
Index: 809 - Glalie-M Stats: 80/120/80/120/80/100 Type: Ice/Ice Catchrate: 75 Stage: 2

yes I'm late to the party
So I noticed on the ORAS Research thread that Mega Hoopa is a thing... While I'm not against giving legendaries Megas, I am against giving them Megas when they aren't even released.

Still, I'm pretty meh on the matter at hand.

And while I'm here, is MGlalie actually Ice/Ice or is that just an error?
I think it is a form instead of a mega, it has Magician after the stat boost which is a useless and retarded ability for a mega and we know GF is smart which leaves to a form with a new move "Hyperspace Fury".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)