Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Beedrill is like the typical RPG character that only increases in two stats while forgetting about everything else. Problem is, that's not enough. As simple as looking at the Deoxys formes, which also have min-maxed stats but they have the movepool to actually take advantage of it.

So what do you guys think about mega gross? Obviously it and salamence will be top tier and probably the most common megas, but if (or when) salamence goes to ubers it will be all about that computer. 145 attack with tough claws, bulky as shit, fast as hell... too much for OU? Or just S tier? Obviously we can't know for sure yet but I'm just curious as to what others think.

I actually think Gross will be more of a threat then M Mence, u can easily bulk him and adamant 252 atk 252 hp (or some defensive stats) and use agility to overcome the lack of speed. Pretty good typing combined with powerfull stabs. Resist to toxic and SR, priority stab + bulkness = deal pretty well with Thunder wave.

so u can switch him in more easily and he deals with status better then Mence, and have a pretty good offensive power too.

Mega Metagross is looking to be a powerhouse once its gets an agility/Rock Polish off, but I still think it suffers from the fact that it can only cover so much without being hard countered by other pokemon. You can't run Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Thunderpunch, Meteor Mash all on the same set, so you have to pick and choose what you lose to.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I was really, really hoping for a wish move tutor, gosh dang it GF, I want wish chansey IRL!

*edit*

Mew has trick now, definitely worth noting
Didn't mew always have trick?

I was hoping for defog tutors but was also expecting tutors for all the silly gimmick moves XY added. Kinda surprised the list is pretty much identical to B2W2's. At least I can get a gen 6 native focus punch mawile now.

If we're talking about shit to take care of beedrill... the list isn't that short. Skarmory, Ferrothron, Scizor-mega are all OU counters to this thing. Aggron-mega shouldn't have an issue with unboosted drill run and recall mega metagross will be just fine taking this thing even as an all out attacker. But that's just steel types... another very good defensive typing takes Beedrill down: Ground/Flying. Landorus, Gliscor both will have their way with Beedrill and we know how good both of them are at taking physical threats. Also to mention, Aerodactyl-mega will resist both stabs as well.

Realistically, Beedrill is getting overhyped... It has so many clearcut checks/counters because bug/poison is still not a fantastic stab combination.
I agree that Mega Beedrill won't be top tier OU, if it even makes OU at all. Its defenses are atrocious and movepool is limited. Also why use Mega Beedrill at all when you can use M Salamence, Pinsir, Metagross, etc.

Regardless of what tier Beedrill does end up in I imagine it to be an incredibly annoying Pokemon to handle. Switch in and eat a Knock Off, try to retaliate only to watch it zip away on a strong U-turn. It is absolutely capable of sweeping too, being practically the only thing in the game capable of defeating Mega Slowbro with a physical move in one hit (... at +2). It can run 4 attacks or even Baton Pass (it gets it from XD iirc) as well as 3 attacks + Defog (it's fast enough). I don't think M Beedrill is being overhyped, I just think it won't be worth using over the other mindlessly powerful Megas that are being introduced. Beedrill's X-scissor hits around as hard as Garchomp's Outrage or Tough Claws Metagross Meteor Mash so it isn't weak by any means but it is fairly one dimensional and insanely frail.

At least Beedrill have a better niche than Pidgeot, who doesnt hit hard, is easly to wall and is just a defogger than cost a mega slot.
Pidgeot is not going to be UU, they have MBlastoise, spin>defog. Im unsure if he can be at least RU, Moltres have STAB in her Fire move and a much more powerfull Hurricane, Pidgeot at least have some defensive uses with Defog, but cannot do much to the likes of Rhyperior, Omastar or Tyramtrum (if than become at least popular with her new STAB Outrage than can be used in a Lead set i guess). Him can run HP Grass, but than mean not running Roost, you dont want to take 25% from SR with a hazard removal than cannot at least run Leftovers. And RU can get some good megas in Steelix, Lopunny and maybe Glalie, so the mega slot is going to be a bit more important. For NU him looks good, i mean, him can end on PU without the risk of a suspect.

Mega PC is an Uber for sure, Zen Heatbutt (2HKO Rotom-W), Meteor Mash and Thunder Punch (2HKO Slowbro after SR damage) hit pretty hard most part of OU, and you can choose between Agillity, SR or a coverage move for the last slot.

The thing is choose the second suspect, but i guess MSlowbro can be less dangerous in practice.

Mega Metagross is looking to be a powerhouse once its gets an agility/Rock Polish off, but I still think it suffers from the fact that it can only cover so much without being hard countered by other pokemon. You can't run Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Thunderpunch, Meteor Mash all on the same set, so you have to pick and choose what you lose to
4 moves sindrome, yeah, Mence can suffer from it too. U can build mixed attacker, total attack or Roost bulk as Zard X, but instead of Zard X, u must use return/hyper voice/double edge to fully use the aerilate ability. U can't cover all the counters from Mence and build it to be OP bulk/roost at the same time.

Didn't mew always have trick?

I was hoping for defog tutors but was also expecting tutors for all the silly gimmick moves XY added. Kinda surprised the list is pretty much identical to B2W2's. At least I can get a gen 6 native focus punch mawile now.
derp, my mistake, it was early in the morning, lol

Mega Mence isn't broken... It only has 145 attack...
Mega mence is broken as shit lol. It can set up on so many pokemon in OU thanks to intimidate and the absurd defence boost (can survive outrage from garchomp) and once it sets up it's game over thanks to massive attack, amazing speed and aerilate. Nothing walls it either thanks to it's fantastic special attack stat and move pool This is one pokemon that I am confident will be ubers. I know theorymoning is typically frowned upon but this guy is so obviously busted. It makes mega lucario look bad.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I used the most defensive set with 0 Atk evs just to demonstrate how frail it is. Like Ajwf I believe that it is being overhyped. I'm curious to see some set with Fell Stinger tho.
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (127 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 262-309 (96.6 - 114%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

I used Adamant for Beedrill, Jolly is guaranteed.

Is BlobBro/SloBlob going to be the next meta defensive duo standing in the way of offense? Slowbro eats physical attacks with ease while the blobs do the same with special attacks. the blobs are immune to ghost moves which are typically special based and Slowbro resists fighting moves that are typically physically based. Adamant Mega Heracross can't even OHKO max/max M-Slowbro after SR.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

I have to say, one pokemon whose things doesn't seems so bright for it is zard x. In the current metagame its the best mon around but with new mons giving it hard competition(gross, salamance), new mons countering it(altaria, bro) and the fact the the 110 base speed become the new 100 it will have hard time to perform as good as it is now.

On another note, given the fact that most of those megas seems to be OU viable it seems it gonna be very annoying to choose your mega.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is BlobBro/SloBlob going to be the next meta defensive duo standing in the way of offense? Slowbro eats physical attacks with ease while the blobs do the same with special attacks. the blobs are immune to ghost moves which are typically special based and Slowbro resists fighting moves that are typically physically based. Adamant Mega Heracross can't even OHKO max/max M-Slowbro after SR.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 212-252 (53.8 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 254-302 (64.4 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 145-172 (53.3 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 217-256 (79.7 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If it gets a burn you're just fucked.

Kamikaze bird and scarfers are gonna rise in popularity what with all the speed creeping. Seriously what is up with this shit?
On an unrelated note, mega glalie gets refrigerate super fang which is something i didn't consider before. Although honestly at this point glalie seems to be fated for ru/bl2; all the other megas really overshadow it.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Mence isn't broken... It only has 145 attack...
Nope, I'm nipping this in the bud now before this gets released and people are butthurt about it getting suspected. You honestly thing that Salamence isn't completely broken? Tell me, what is switching into this monster? Flying is easily the most spamable type in the tier, with only Pokemon like Rotom-W, Skarm, and Tyranitar resisting it and being actually decent Pokemon. Now the first and most important thing about Salamence is that it doesn't have to run a setup set. If you want, you go mixed and at least 2HKO everything I just mentioned, and more. But that's certainly not to say that Mence CAN'T run a setup sweeper set too. Get to +1 and what exactly is stopping you? Heatran walls sets of Outrage Thrash Fire Blast DD, but what does it do back? Pray to God it gets a burn or take a huge hit from Thrash and Roar it out? Lando-T can't KO it with Rock Slide because of the massive bulk it has. Rotom-W can only burn it and gets 2HKOed by Outrage. Ferrothorn gets fried by Fire Blast and 2HKOed by Thrash. Slowbro gets 2HKOed and can t-wave I guess, but it will take massive damage in the process (I guess if it has Ice beam it can have a chance to OHKO, but it's not guaranteed, and with only a small amount of prior damage, Mence OHKOs). This is gen IV mence on steroids. You have no idea what it's going to throw at you. What if you switch in your Lando-T on it and suddenly it's a special set with Hyper Voice (yeah it fucking gets that shit. Hurricane, eat your heart out)? That's a fucking dead Lando-T. Actually, now that i think about it, a set of Outrage, Hyper Voice, Fire Blast, EQ doesn't sound half bad. It's bulk, amazing speed, stupid movepool, and obviously it's fantastic ability will make Mence one of the most broken Megas to have ever been in OU. This shit will make Mega Lucario look like a LC mon. Mence is without a doubt broken.

I have to say, one pokemon whose things doesn't seems so bright for it is zard x. In the current metagame its the best mon around but with new mons giving it hard competition(gross, salamance), new mons countering it(altaria, bro) and the fact the the 110 base speed become the new 100 it will have hard time to perform as good as it is now.

On another note, given the fact that most of those megas seems to be OU viable it seems it gonna be very annoying to choose your mega.
Actually he shouldnt have it that hard considering he will still probably be the best DDer in OU because mega Mence is probably going to be way too broken for OU

Mega Metagross will most likely be OU because of its power physically and bulk and speed. However it suffers heavily from 4 move slot syndorme. Mega Metagross does not have the move slots available to run Hone Claws or Agility because it needs some coverage. I have been running calcs with max speed max attack set with Ice Punch, EQ, Meteor Mash, and Zen Headbutt and it checks many things such as landos and latis, but loses to 1v1 to: T-Flame, Scarfed Heatran (not common but viable on some teams), physically defensive Mew with will-o-wisp, Mega Gyarados, Slowbro, and Mega Manectric.

Actually he shouldnt have it that hard considering he will still probably be the best DDer in OU considering that mega Mence is probably going to be way to broken for OU
Yea, but mega gross, diancie, swampert, sceptile gonna give it hard time, and thats just things at the top of my head, there might be more.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I thought it would of been 155 or more. It's weaker than mega Pinsir...
You do know that Aerialate boosts normal-type moves by 30% (and another 50% because of STAB), right?

If it didn't have that ability and kept intimidate or something it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)