ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
How so? ORAS was developed at the same time as XY. If they wanted to put in the ORAS Megas into XY, they could have, but decided to leave them out.
Likewise, they could have out all the ORAS megas into the demo, but they could also have decided to leave them out.
There's no way of really telling which way they went with it, and a quick browse through this thread and the one that came before shows just how successful people here are at predicting what Game Freak will do. Of course, all the Megas could have been revealed by now and the ones in the demo could be all the ones we're getting. But we can't use the Demo as a definite because we have no idea if Game Freak does have more Megas and simply took them out for the Demo. We've had a lengthy discussion of it and it could really go either way.
I highly doubt there'll be any new megas, unless it's built on an old build or they're still making new megas. If they have megas that aren't used in the demos, then they probably have all of them

I highly doubt there'll be any new megas, unless it's built on an old build or they're still making new megas. If they have megas that aren't used in the demos, then they probably have all of them
Doesn't it kind of have to be an old build? The demo was announced two months ago, and it was probably well completed by then. I know as a fact the game was not completely finished at that time.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't it kind of have to be an old build? The demo was announced two months ago, and it was probably well completed by then. I know as a fact the game was not completely finished at that time.
They announce games before they're completed, they could also do that for demos too

On the other hand I'm getting tired of seeing absolute denials of it every few posts. There's no reason to absolutely believe or absolutely deny that what's in the demo is all we're getting in the full game.
That is true and I can understand how it is frustrating. But from an argument standpoint it's full of circular logic that gets everyone nowhere. People hopeful for Mega-Flygon (for example) have open possibility as there shield, but lack of counter-evidence isn't the same as evidence. Proof by testing as they say in science, not proof by being untestable or possible. While yes the denial side can't predict the future, but for the present they are 100% correct so you can't really refute them either.

If and when we get Mega-Flygon or Frontier brains or extreme-speed Zigzagoon we'll all have a hearty laugh and you can say "I TOLD YOU SO!" and we'll all enjoy our new flying antlion dragon thing. We'll all be glad and happy. But for now it doesn't exist. What does is exist is crunch Gyarados and tegen-toppa Beedrill lagan. And a second chance to get helping hand on meh cresslias (why did I transfer it with icy wind only? WHY?!).

That is true and I can understand how it is frustrating. But from an argument standpoint it's full of circular logic that gets everyone nowhere. People hopeful for Mega-Flygon (for example) have open possibility as there shield, but lack of counter-evidence isn't the same as evidence. Proof by testing as they say in science, not proof by being untestable or possible. While yes the denial side can't predict the future, but for the present they are 100% correct so you can't really refute them either.
Which is exactly what I'm saying. You can't prove or disprove it.

Which is exactly what I'm saying. You can't prove or disprove it.
Right now you can. "We have no evidence to prove that it exists, therefore it doesn't exist. Yet."

Sorry, but in these cases, burden of proof falls on existence side. Denial side just has to sit on their hands.

But to move the conversation forward, I'm really excited to soar through the sky over Honen and actually be flying over Honen (and not just some bubbly cloud area). Get Brendan and May some aviators and set the radio to Kenny Loggins, pokemon is going into the DANGER ZONE!

Incidentally, prior to the release of the demo we were promised that we would get "Something Special" for playing the Demo every day. Anything on that from the datamine?

Wait there are no Gym Leader rematches in the trainer data?

Brb pre-ordering the game again only to cancel it
Only e4 rematches (they get megas!), Wally rematches, and a mysterious Wallace (+ another Steven) rematch

Incidentally, prior to the release of the demo we were promised that we would get "Something Special" for playing the Demo every day. Anything on that from the datamine?
in a stunning twist it's flygonite

"Shigeru Ohmori : I can not give a specific number, but I can say that with X / Y and Omega Ruby / Sapphire Alpha you can catch all the Pokémon and complete the National Dex, just to give you an idea of how many Pokémon available."

Does this mean that every legendary Pokemon not in XY is in ORAS? Even the event ones?
Please let this mean I can get Hidden Ability Feraligatr and Infernape (two of my favorite starters).

Iron Fist Infernape is already available but man I'd love to get my paws on a Sheer Force Feraligatr. I'd be pretty upset if they decided not to release these abilities once again.
Yes but Infernape's only breedable in a standard Pokeball, if they are available in a similar manner that the Gen I and VI starters were in XY then we could finally breed HA Johto/Sinnoh starters in interesting balls.

People are excited that the Elite Four get mega evolutions in the rematches? The fact that they don't get them (while the player obviously gets the option) in the initial battles is pretty screwed up.

People are excited that the Elite Four get mega evolutions in the rematches? The fact that they don't get them (while the player obviously gets the option) in the initial battles is pretty screwed up.
presumably they want the champion to stand out against the e4 on the first go around.

Flygon getting Bug Buzz. And people still doubt a bug-type mega Flygon...
Boomburst & Uproar, too

this can only mean one thing

Normal/Bug Mega Flygon

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but any word on Battle Frontier based on datamined trainer data? Or is the Battle Maison just getting a rehash? I will sit in my sad corner if the latter is the case :(

This is Portuguese -.-

The interview took place in early October, when the mega-evolution of Rayquaza was still secret (ie to justify the first question that has now become irrelevant).

So, as others has said, this happened before we got the new mega.
The only Megas we've gotten since early October are Rayquaza, Beedrill, and Pidgeot, one of which was a given. Seeing as they said "there are still many Megas left for the player to discover," I could see people holding out for more of them despite the demo data. I imagine they would have made this demo a while ago as well.

That said, don't be too optimistic.

EDIT: Flygon has been getting progressively more Bug moves since Gen...4? It's like GF just doesn't want to admit that they wanted to make it Bug / Dragon from the start but its so obvious.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but any word on Battle Frontier based on datamined trainer data? Or is the Battle Maison just getting a rehash? I will sit in my sad corner if the latter is the case :(
No reference to the Battle Frontier has been found
We do see references to "Battle Resort" but we haven't found any trainer data for the facility. The Maison bosses are probably back, they're listed as BHBOSS1,2, etc in XY and now we see BHBOSS1_RS for them

Why would that be? Phoebe doesn't even have a Dusknoir on her initial team, but instead two Dusclops, Drake still has a Shelgon, Glacea has two Sealeo, and they all (barring Steven) have only five pokemon. From their perspective, they're purposely holding themselves back against a kid who has barely just proven themselves by gathering the eight badges, and who shouldn't have near the level experience that they do. I think this can apply to almost every major rematch, from the Gym Leaders, to the E4, to the various Frontier Bosses.

A Mega may be strong, but without actual experience, especially against an experienced trainer, it can still be weak. Very weak. We just happen to be possessing these kids, Yu-Gi-Oh style, and we (might) provide the experience needed; our opponents just don't know it.

NO, IT MEANS THAT FLYGON GETS THREE NEW MOVES!!! (And will still suck)
I think he meant a Bug version of Pixilate...

The fact it's called battle resort and not tower/maison is a good sign. The fact the maison bosses are back is an awful sign though.

I'm really going to miss the frontier and its brains. I really hope the resort will just be the frontier under a different name, but hey, I'm the guy who believes in mega Flygon :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)