ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Something confusing me a little tho; assuming that we have seen every mega so far... what on earth would they cover in next month's corocoro? glalie and steelix maybe????
Remaining Gym Leaders & Elite Four, Battle Resort, how to Primal Revert/Mega Evolve Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, Move Tutors.

Just because we now know about it from hacking the game demo doesn't mean they need to acknowledge it. Also there might be younger players who don't know about the hacks as Serebii and Bulbapedia aren't covering it. I only found out about the leaks on here.

Remaining Gym Leaders & Elite Four, Battle Resort, how to Primal Revert/Mega Evolve Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, Move Tutors.

Just because we now know about it from hacking the game demo doesn't mean they need to acknowledge it. Also there might be younger players who don't know about the hacks as Serebii and Bulbapedia aren't covering it. I only found out about the leaks on here.
Yeah I know that, but surely just showing battle frontier and whatnot after your last issues have had completely new megas seems a bit lame and hype-killing?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Yeah I know that, but surely just showing battle frontier and whatnot after your last issues have had completely new megas seems a bit lame and hype-killing?
Hmm, maybe also feature Mega Steelix and Glalie and mention a way for players to get the one they didn't from the demo?

Hey, did the data mining uncover the trick house in the location data? I can't find it, and it may be hidden under route 110 anyway.

I might be looking forward to a revamped trick house WAY more then necessary. Really hope they go all Layton-style on it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hey, did the data mining uncover the trick house in the location data? I can't find it, and it may be hidden under route 110 anyway.

I might be looking forward to a revamped trick house WAY more then necessary. Really hope they go all Layton-style on it.
Well there is text mentioning the Trick House and the Trick Master.

Having played the demo tonight, I'm not a fan of the sharp straight line UI. I prefer more rounded edges I guess or maybe they could have made it look better somehow.

Coil Milotic seems interesting with Marvel Scale and Scald/Dragon Tail or possibly Rest.
Sleeping with a Coil under its belt it would be about as physically bulky as MegaBro with much higher SpD and no Dark/Bug/Ghost weaknesses.
Unfortunately the wrong offensive stat is boosted. Milotic would really prefer boosted SpA for Scald.

I've gone through the Wild Encounters listings, and while I could recognize the placement of most of the maps, there were a few that are new, which straight up include several non-Hoenn Dex pokemon. I've made a listing of them here:

• Ariados
  • Audino
  • Cherrim
  • Cofagrigus
  • Darmanitan
  • Ditto
  • Elekid
  • Excadrill
  • Forretress
  • Glameow
  • Happiny
  • Klink
  • Kricketune
  • Magby
  • Mantine
  • Mantyke
  • Maractus
  • Minccino
  • Munna
  • Octillery
  • Persian
  • Petilil
  • Purugly
  • Remoraid
  • Rufflet
  • Slowpoke
  • Stantler
  • Sunkern
  • Tangela
  • Tynamo
  • Venomoth
  • Zebstrika

1. There was no map that had a combination of Ditto/Whismur/Loudred, so I think The Underground Pass was cut (not that it was in RS, anyway).

2. One map of note that I found is:

MapID: 204
Grass: Audino(38)/Audino(37)/Audino(36)/Audino(38)/Audino(37)/Audino(36)/Audino(38)/Audino(37)/Audino(36)/Xatu(36)/Xatu(37)/Xatu(38)​

This looks like it will be a popular location. There's another map like it, but the Xatu are replaced by Tangela, and about a third of the Audio are replaced by Happiny.

-

This list contains new pokemon who can be found in existing routes. However, the method for finding them is noted as "???", rather than Grass, Surfing, Hordes, or Fishing.

• Aipom
  • Alomomola
  • Axew
  • Bouffalant
  • Bronzor
  • Buneary
  • Chatot
  • Clauncher
  • Clefairy
  • Cottonee
  • Cubchoo
  • Deerling
  • Deino
  • Delibird
  • Dewgong
  • Druddigon
  • Dwebble
  • Eevee
  • Elgyem
  • Finneon
  • Frillish
  • Gible
  • Gothita
  • Growlithe
  • Hypno
  • Joltik
  • Kakuna
  • Klefki
  • Krabby
  • Lillipup
  • Luxio
  • Mankey
  • Misdreavus
  • Onix
  • Paras
  • Phantump
  • Pidgeotto
  • Pidove
  • Ponyta
  • Raticate
  • Rattata
  • Roggenrola
  • Sandile
  • Sawk
  • Scraggy
  • Seel
  • Sewaddle
  • Shellos
  • Skorupi
  • Timburr
  • Trubbish
  • Tympole
  • Tyrogue
  • Zorua

I should note, that although Ariados seems to be found in the Sky Pillar (which seems to indicate the Sky Pillar's inaccessibility before the end of the game), it is found as a standard wild encounter, unlike the pokemon in this list.

I should also note that the Safari Zone seems to be rather large, and there are an ungodly number of maps which contain nothing but Zubat, Golbat, and Sableye, around two hundred of them, which leads me to believe that there can be multiple maps to a given area (not that I explicitly know if this is the case or not). And, given that this is based off of the Alpha Sapphire files (according to Sableye), then it can likely be assumed that Throh and Metapod, and possibly Stunky and Ledian, as stand outs, will be in Omega Ruby instead.

There is not, however, a map on this list that includes either the Unown (although I'm sure that I've seen the listings for one sometime in the last few days), nor is there any indication of Porygon that I noticed; I may have missed it, but I think it will end up as a gift pokemon.

All told, these games will include at least eighty new families of pokemon, not including Flocks, Swarms, Gifts, and so on, which were not originally available in Hoenn, about thirty of which actually existed in 2002.

There is one notable, however. There is no listing for a map that includes Wynaut, whatsoever. Whether this means that Mirage Island was cut or not, I don't know, but I think we can add it to the list of irregularities, at least for now.

Judging by the encounter table, it looks like Growlithe is a swarming Pokemon. So much for using one in my main play-through.. Gonna have to trade one over.

I wonder how swarms will work. I wonder if swarm Pokemon will be able to have their hidden ability?

Judging by the encounter table, it looks like Growlithe is a swarming Pokemon. So much for using one in my main play-through.. Gonna have to trade one over.

I wonder how swarms will work. I wonder if swarm Pokemon will be able to have their hidden ability?
Best guess, either your neighbor's little sister will tell you (like the original games) or the TV feature of the new Pokenav will do it (like the reader boards in Black and White).

Best guess, either your neighbor's little sister will tell you (like the original games) or the TV feature of the new Pokenav will do it (like the reader boards in Black and White).
Yeah. I figured that would be the case. Here's hoping the swarming Pokemon get access to their hidden abilities.

The sister acting as the vehicle for swarms was in Sinnoh, and she lived in the next town over at any rate. Hoenn didn't have swarms as we know them now, although they did exist. They were swarms of things like Seedot and Skitty, pokemon who could already be found in a given area, but were typically rare. We were notified of swarms in Hoenn through the television, so when swarms are active in ORAS, we'll probably learn about them through the TVNav, as you said.

Without reading 122 pages is super training confirmed to be in oras?
Yes, through the PlayNav, alongside Amie and the PSS.

This pleases me:

MapID: 046

Old Rod: Magikarp(10)/Tentacool(5)/Feebas(15)
Good Rod: Magikarp(25)/Carvanha(25)/Feebas(25)
Super Rod: Carvanha(35)/Sharpedo(40)/Feebas(35)

I wonder if this is Route 119?

This pleases me:

MapID: 046

Old Rod: Magikarp(10)/Tentacool(5)/Feebas(15)
Good Rod: Magikarp(25)/Carvanha(25)/Feebas(25)
Super Rod: Carvanha(35)/Sharpedo(40)/Feebas(35)

I wonder if this is Route 119?
But this does not rule out the "fish at 6 random tiles out of 300" mechanic back in RSE
(or does it? I don't know coding / programming well enough to tell)

But this does not rule out the "fish at 6 random tiles out of 300" mechanic back in RSE
(or does it? I don't know coding / programming well enough to tell)
In each of the six fishing tiles you didn't have a certainty of finding Feebas; you only had a chance to find Feebas in said tiles. So depending on what context this in, this may not deny the random fishing tiles rule.
The lowered percentages may be a ray of hope that it is ruled out tho.

Having played the demo tonight, I'm not a fan of the sharp straight line UI. I prefer more rounded edges I guess or maybe they could have made it look better somehow.
Matter of opinion. Imo this in by far the best UI I have ever seen in pokemon. I'm liking the straigh line style.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I hope so. I still haven't given up any hope on there being a few more Mega Evolutions we don't know of yet.
Speaking of which, seems like Prism Scales can't be found using Pickup anymore, probably trying to encourage evolution via maxing Beauty condition.

Without reading 122 pages is super training confirmed to be in oras?
yes, along with amie and other features on the PokeNav
EDIT: answered already whoops

Speaking of which, seems like Prism Scales can't be found using Pickup anymore, probably trying to encourage evolution via maxing Beauty condition.
they said something about encouraging evolution through beauty somewhere, I forgot where exactly so I can't show you. Someone probably has it. So evolving Feebas is going to be a pain again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)