Apprentice Program: Round Ninety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Welcome to Round 90 of Battling 101. If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Tiniodfluflu: 90-91
Swiffft: 90-91
Twisted Mind: 90-91

Seismitoad: 89-90
Heaven's Limit: 89-90
Bhunivelze: 89-90
Swanson: 89-90
JuniBoy: 89-90
Professor Ben: 89-90
Assassin Rogue: 89-90
Peef Rimgar: 89-90
SOMALIA: 89-90

Ace Emerald
Aenonar
Arikado
Audiosurfer
BKC
Bluwing
Bouffalant
Caledrith
EonX
FLCL
Funkasaurus
galbia
Giragoomy
Haruno
Hollywood
IronBullt93
Jio
Jirachee
King UU
Laga
Leftiez
macle
Mambo
Metal Sonic
Mizuhime
Molk
namehtmas
Obvious Power
Pearl
Pwnemon
Raseri
Royalty
ShootingStarmie
SnowCristal!
Soulgazer
Starmaster
Subject 18
Sweep
TRC
Trinitrotoluene
Typhlito
Unbirthday
Wepwn
X5Dragon
Yagura
Zamrock

This round will end on November 14th.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: MarkoSeke
PO/PS! Username: MarkoSeke
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 10 pm - 3 am, GMT+1(CET)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: European pokémon enthusiast. This is my first post, but I've been a long time lurker on this site. I want to learn how to teambuild effectively in OU and UU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Edit: I'm also interested in LC.

Last edited:
Fast (edit: ^^^ he's faster)
Username: Behexenhaus
PO/PS! Username: shutstorm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT. All day Sun-Tues. As for Wed-Sat, any time after 6 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: Casual player since the beginning, competitive player since the release of XY. I listen to a lot of metal. I work for Amazon.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep.

Username: quickscopenoscope
PO/PS! Username: quickscopenoscope (PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:30-10:00 PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers, XY OU (in order of which I'd want)
Tell us a little about yourself: My main tier that I play is doubles, and I'm pretty good at it. However, the metagame's a bit stale until the ORAS release and I'm looking to get into a singles metagame, as I haven't played one of those in a while. I'm 14 and a freshman at my high school, and I run cross-country and sail on the weekends.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 89 Tutee Tournament?: Yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I'd prefer IRC

**I was skipped Round 89**

Last edited:

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I was skipped in Round 88!

Username: Exeggutorial
PO/PS! Username:Exeggutor
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; 7 – 9 PM Mondays & Wednesdays,
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU or Doubles, preferably NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in the Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean; I like coding, writing, games, spriting and dogs. I really like dogs.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?
:
Yes

Why should you be tutored?: I'm trying to get more involved with Smogon; I'm currently into PU and I'd like to be tutored in NU or Doubles so I can (hopefully) become more involved with the community.

Username: Empoof
PO/PS! Username: Empoof
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, best time is after 9pm but I'm flexible. I can work with Euro time if necessary
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 22, i play music and work most of the time. Other times I play videogames :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yup
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yup

WAS SKIPPED IN ROUND 89

Username: BlowerEsq
PO/PS! Username: TeamTesterUK (Showdown) (NEW ACCOUNT - Forgotten old one)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (London, Lisbon, Casablanca) Normally after 6PM in same time zone
Tell us a little about yourself: I was an avid battler on Showdown and was high on the ladder in OU but when XY came out, my balance was messed up and I realised my strategy was flawed so I thought I would look to the forums to see if there is a better way to play and I wanted to play against players outside the UK. I saw Battling 101 and thought it would be a great way not only to help me out but to see how other people go about battling. (Times may be variable as I am studying for Accountancy exams)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: horyzhnz
PO/PS! Username: horyzhnz + various alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, very flexible rn
Tell us a little about yourself: Funkasaurus was extremely helpful when I had him, but I still find myself choking away many, many games that could have easily been won, esp. in OU. I have the basics n stuff pat down, just not the mindset (of wepwn), so I should be relatively ez to tutor.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: affirmativo

plus gave me priority b/c snowcristal! had bad timezones with me, so obv don't match me with her (no offence)

Last edited:
Username: Teeks
PO/PS! Username: Teeks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US - Mountain Time zone
What tier do you want to learn?: - LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Highschooler getting ready for college and not ready for growing up
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Either

Mambo has agreed to tutor me

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: hollywood
PO/PS! Username: hollywood
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm cute :D
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Username: Ekans
PO/PS! Username: Ekans647
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I live in a MDT (GMT -6) zone. Available from 1500 (3:00 p.m.) to 1600 (4:00 p.m.)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers or XY UU (Preferably XY Ubers).
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing completive in 2012, but stopped playing in 2013. I tried to get back in to playing competitive with your Apprentice program earlier this year, however my mentor Molk, was inactive. I'm hoping to rejoin the competitive scene again and have fun playing Pokémon!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I am able to use Skype.

Last edited:
Username: offler
PO/PS! Username: offler
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+0 between 5pm and 11pm weekdays, all day Thursdays and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:XY Ubers, XY LC, XY OU (in order of most preferable :o)
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing competitively since the end of gen 5, mostly play XY OU, UU and OM's currently. When not on PS i play LoL, console games such as borderlands and practice coding.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both

Transmuter

Banned deucer.
Username: Transmuter
PO/PS! Username: Transmuter
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, I'm flexible but best times are anywhere in between 2pm and 1am.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU or XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 years old, almost 18. My knowledge when it comes to competitive battling is bad and I hope to get more into things with this program. I'm also friendly and easy to work with n_n
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Bean
PO/PS! Username: Bean
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 I'm free in the afternoons/evenings on weekdays (until 10 PM) and for the majority of the day at weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in my last year of school, but thanks to the brilliant school system in my country all of the important exams are in the penultimate year, so I have plenty of free time. I am a mod on PS so I am on there all the time and I am very familiar with all tiers and battling in general (just no good at it). I was actually tutored a few rounds ago by the brilliant Valentine, and this helped a ton, but due to slightly awkward timezones we didn't cover everything. I'd really love to consolidate and further improve my knowledge of the OU meta so I'm signing up again.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, I can use both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep

I was skipped in round 89

Username: fig999
PO/PS! Username: fig999
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, I'm available from 5:00 PM - 2:00 AM on weekdays, and sometimes during the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been in love with pokemon ever since I was 4. I've played every single generation and I still love Gen 2 the most. With the release of X/Y I've become very interested in competitive gaming.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Username: Shyfire
PO/PS Username: Shyfire
Your Timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time, i can do anytime form 2-8 PM everyday. I can shuffle around a bit if needed to
What tier do you want to learn: XY RU
tell us a little bit about yourself: I love pokemon to death. I love to learn about the meta and do lots of thing pokemon related. I have fun playing but really want to get better. I have problems team building but i feel with a little help i can really get better. Friends say i have a lot of Potential. i do a lot of training in karate in some of my spare time.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC
do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Username: esca
PO/PS! Username: escalope
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, after 6 PM usually. I am flexible though
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been varios Tiers until now, mainly OU. The Tier i´ve Set my eyes on now is UU, and i want to keep playing it in the future. And i might need a little help overall in Battling strageties, valuing team members and such. Overall i think im a ok guy and good to deal with as tutee :) Actually my first Post in Smogon, but i have been active in a german Forum until now.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Preferably Skype, but i don´t mind getting IRC as well

Last edited:
Username: Tack
PO/PS! Username: Tack
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT. Wed-Fri after 4pm, Saturdays and Sundays during the day (I usually work the night shift on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am brand new to the Smogon forums but I have been creeping the site for quite some time. It wasn't until the past year or so that I really started to learn about the Competitive scene. I just joined the Pokémon club at my university and I'm super excited to become a part of the Smogon community as well! This is my first post but I am super eager to learn and would love the chance to be able to train under a Pokémon Master! I would really like to learn about effective teambuilding + editing and how to be an overall better trainer in battle. Oh and I'm 20 years old, work at a Bubble Tea Shop and I love Timbits!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I have Skype and have never used IRC but am willing to learn if that is preferred!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yessir!

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Username: slayerx725232
PO/PS! Username: slayerx725232
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (Not sure the GMT of it but UTC -5 iirc if that helps) and am available most days after 4PM up til around 8PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Underused
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm trying to learn the tiers slowly and surely, having no real competitive background, mainly self learning with help from some friends.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I am able to use both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do understand how the blacklist works.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Username: Kit Kasai
PO/PS! Username: Kit Kasai
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, around 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (for reference that's about an hour after this post)
Tell us a little about yourself: I got into OU a bit but I wasn't very good at it, peaked around 1700 elo. I only played stall, so I would like to specifically be tutored in offense
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, prefer skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: GGamer
PO/PS! Username: GGamer745
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, Available 3:30PM and so on.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Ubers is a tier I'd love to get better at in terms of teambuilding and battling and it's my 2nd favorite tier besides OU. Also, I'm Puertorican and speak el español. Not as much as english but yeah haha.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yeah, but prefer Skype.

Last edited:
Username: Gale Wing Srock
PO/PS! Username: Gale Wing Srock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30, after 6 PM usually. I am a little flexible though.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing RU for more than six months now and I want to get better at it, I need advanced tutoring and I had registered last time for XY RU but my Tutor was new to Battling 101. Hoping to learn advanced battling skills this time and the BW RU meta.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Preferably IRC.

Username: EpicDialga
PO/PS! Username: EpicDialga
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Weekends 4-8 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, first off I really enjoy to play Pokemon. I've been playing for a few years and my tier knowledge really stops at Monotype and OU. I'm a really insane person (like scary insane). So, I hope if I get a tutor you'll be able to handle me!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeshhhh!
(P.S. If you're wondering why this account is so new and I said I've been playing for a few years, this is a new screen name for my YouTube account.)

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
PO/PS! Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 afternoons as weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am pretty much active all over the site and I am hoping to pick up OU to be a better contributor to CAP
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes

Username: Poisoned_Melon
PO/PS! Username: couljt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 (Germany). Weekends anytime upon consultation with the mentor. During the week up to 23:00.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU. I mainly want to learn teambuilding. Tier doesn't really matter, but I like NU...
Tell us a little about yourself: I am from northern Germany, 18 years old. Currently studying mathematics. I started playing Pokemon around 2000, but never competitively. I just joined Smogon/Showdown a few weeks ago, started with random battles to get to know the different pokemon in competitive battling and how they are used. Then tried in NU at team building, got my first team and battled a bit.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, but IRC would probably better.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

Explanation why I should be chosen although I have less than 25 posts: Honestly, there is no reason why you should choose me over someone else. I just want to learn/improve mainly team-building, but anything I can learn will be extremely helpful. If I get tutored by someone this turn, it would be great, but I can wait another month for my round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)