ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, and...

Why would they? This doesn't prove anything. Delta Emerald is a registered trademark, and I know, I know, before people bring up Water Blue and Grey, yes, I do know about them, but I also know that until Gen VI is over, DE is still an option for GF.

Look, Yellow was a ploy designed to mimic the anime, and could not have been remade and still be relevant; therefore, WB would have likely just ended up being a clone of FRLG, which would have been a waste. Crystal was a basic rewrite of the Gold and Silver plot, whose crowning difference was the use of Suicune as the cover legend, and very little major differences elsewhere. Emerald, on the other hand, wasn't a ploy, and it wasn't a minor rewrite. It was a fusion of its predecessors, and it received a full plot upgrade on top of that. This is an upgrade that ORAS, by all indications, seems to be ignoring. Therefore, it is a plot that will go unused, and that leaves room for GF to actually use it later on, if they so choose.

My point is, just because there are apparently two main series games left for Gen VI, does not mean that they have to be XY2. They could just as easily be ZDE, and to be quite frank, if we don't get an epic cutscene of a 3D Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon going at it and decimating Sootopolis, then I, for one, am most certainly going to be praying for Delta Emerald's production over XY2's. Double that if the Battle Frontier, or some equivalent, is not put into play.
... you're... kidding, right? The fact we've gotten a Mega Rayquaza with a prominent story role means nothing here?
Rayquaza and it's main story role was what set Emerald apart from Ruby Sapphire. Without that what on earth would they do for a Delta Emerald? Base the whole game on Battle Frontier island? Focus on the Battle Tents? Put the bulk of the story in Mirage Tower, the Underground Path and upgraded Safari Zone?

ORAS has already taken Emerald's main story mechanic and integrated it into themselves. Without that, a possible Delta Emerald would either have no reason to exist or would have to have a completely different story, and which point it's no longer a remake of Emerald.

04 -left unused, 4 is an unlocky number in Japan
I lel'd

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Man, talk about lazy. They could have at least made a compatibility patch, if only so XY players could battle ORAS Megas/items.

The origin codes are probably something like:
Just want to point out your forgot Colosseum/XD, and possibly Ranger/Box and such.

It was just confirmed that you change Hoopa's form through...an ITEM

~dun dun duuuuuun~

I'm a little bugged by that, but hopefully they have an exciting post-game plot for obtaining it. Event legends that require some journeying makes it all the more fun. (hi Darkrai, hi Shaymin, hi Victini)
I'm 99.6% sure it will be the Strange Souvenir.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Except they said last year that XY would not get rebalancing patches (And including ORAS megas and moves does indeed rebalance things)
I said compatibility patch. XY could still not be allowed to use the new Megas/items, but they could battle opponents using them. It wouldn't be difficult to do.

Well, the compatibility reveal was certainly interesting. Bad news is no sort of things between different version Pokemon. The good news? Trading items from XY to ORAS. Thank goodness. I do not want to hunt for those Mega Stones and such again.

Matter of opinion. Imo this in by far the best UI I have ever seen in pokemon. I'm liking the straigh line style.
Hmm I'm not sure, it's straight line but really jaggedly due to resolution or something on the bottom screen I'm not sure. It doesn't feel as good or clean as Y to me. I don't p hate the style, but it could have been better executed. I think.

Has anyone noticed that Vibrava (and therefore Flygon as well) learns Boomburst at level 47?
Yup, it's been discussed. Though Flygon doesn't get Boomburst by level-up; it's only way of getting it is to evolve from a Vibrava that knows it. Weird.

Talking of compatibility... the XY league would still be different, wouldn't it? Aside from the possibility of Mega Latis, you could, for instance, trade your Shiftry to ORAS, get Leaf Blade, then trade back to XY.

I wonder if they'll keep the same regional pattern for Vivillion or will that be just an X/Y thing.
Imagine if they became like Deerlings are now - Deerlings can no longer change form so when you breed a form, that's the form you'll get. Would be neat to finally be able to breed other region patterns, but you'd have to go back to XY to obtain them. Which would really neat.

Imagine if they became like Deerlings are now - Deerlings can no longer change form so when you breed a form, that's the form you'll get. Would be neat to finally be able to breed other region patterns, but you'd have to go back to XY to obtain them. Which would really neat.
I doubt it till next gen.

Please
No more looking for people to trade me flawless eggs just so I can have my own OT/ID on them.

Are the new move tutors confirmed? Don't see them in the OP. It's really cool if the Hyper Voice and Knock Off move tutors are true, as it gives people who don't have access to Gen 5 tutors like myself way to get those two moves.
Yes, it's only been pointed out every page. Past evolution-exclusive move. It learns Bug Buzz too now.
Would be cool if it learned Quiver Dance too lmao

Are the new move tutors confirmed? Don't see them in the OP. It's really cool if the Hyper Voice and Knock Off move tutors are true, as it gives people who don't have access to Gen 5 tutors like myself way to get those two moves.

Move tutors are on the research thread directly below this one. Knock off is one btw :D

The BW2 move tutors - the exact same list - was found in the Demo Datamine, alongside Water Pulse and Shock Wave as tutor moves.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm going to be updating the 2nd post of the research thread a bit more. If you know of anything from days 1/2 that should be added (i.e., it's something very important), leave me a visitor message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)