XY OU [11:48:12 AM] WEPWN: hory is ur name supposed to be horizons

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Introduction

Hey frens, this is my second, somewhat fancier RMT and also my 750th post; hopefully it's better than my first one which was actually pretty terrible now that I look back at it. I was growing kinda bored of playing balance, and I can't be bothered playing out fifty turns of stall, so I turned to hyperoffense, which has been really fun with its balls-to-the-wall, zero fucks given, risk it for the biscuit playstyle. I didn't really expect to get too far with the team, only getting to around the 1700s with it before I ran into better stall teams, better players, and irl stuff like exams, but anyways, here's the team, enj :]

Team Preview

The forgotten threat CB Dragonite's not as common anymore, but nice bulk with access to ESpeed is pretty gr8 on HO, so I really have no idea why I don't see this thing around much

Latios is probably the best offensive Defogger in the tier rn, and has brilliant STAB moves

Mega Manectric works as a great scout, Greninja / Thundy check, and has Volt Switch to get teammates in on forced switches

Landorus fits nicely as a special nuke, chunking almost everything with its nice coverage and LO Sheer Force attacks

Bisharp's DOUBLE INCURSIO's Knock Off threatens stall and Iron Head donks Fairies nicely, also plays Sucker Punch mindgames if I can catch their Intimidate / Defogger on a switch

Azumarill's a great glue for pretty much any team, including HO ones, and provides a valuable Dragon immunity and resistances to Fighting and Dark

As you can kinda tell, there is no real structure for this team, it's literally just powerful threat after powerful threat, which somehow formed a somewhat nice combination of coverage and typing. This team works primarily by chunking and wearing down the opponent before allowing Dragonite to clean up with Extreme Speed, and in the process, don't be hesitant to make risky plays or sacrifice one team member to allow another to revenge kill or weaken something. Obviously Dragonite doesn't need to be the win condition, so just use it as you would normally use a HO team in that case. Prioritize threats such as Healing Wish Latias, pink blobs, Ghost-types, Intimidate users, and defensive / bulky mons in general, as this team can tear through many balance and opposing HO teams with the correct plays, although it's somewhat reliant on matchup.

The Crew

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory

AV Raikou serves as a better check to Greninja and most special attackers in general, despite the lack of power and Speed when compared to Mega Manectric. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch are standard STAB moves, hitting hard and allowing Raikou to pivot out to gain momentum. Hidden Power Ice smacks Gliscor, Landorus-T, and other Ground-types for nice damage, while Extrasensory allows Raikou to be an offensive check to Mega Venusaur.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod -> Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Nothing much to really say, this is just your standard Mega Manectric fast pivot set; pivot in and out with Intimidate and Volt Switch or smack something hard with Thunderbolt. I prefer using Overheat over Flamethrower, as it guarantees OHKOs on all variants of Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Excadrill. Hidden Power Ice donks Gliscor and Landorus(-T), while also weakening the Lati twins if they choose to switch in. This is usually played as a lead, even against opponents with Landorus-T. Most Scarf Lando-Ts won't go straight for the Earthquake, fearing the Latios / Landorus / Dragonite switch-in, and I can get a free HP Ice on whatever they bring in on the -1 U-turn. If real, I Volt Switch. Sometimes they bluff the Scarf and try to set up Stealth Rock, only to be OHKOed. Even in the rare case that Lando-T goes for Earthquake, it's a free switch into the aforementioned threats. Also affectionately known as 'sac this you piece of shit'.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Latios is one of the more important members of the team, although it becomes just as expendable as the others once the opponent's hazard setter gets KOed. The set's quite standard, although I use Recover over a coverage move. Draco Meteor is a great nuke and Psyshock hits annoying threats such as Chansey and Azumarill. HP Fire is used to kill Ferrothorn and Scizor. Defog is pretty crucial to prevent team members from being worn down and keep Dragonite's Multiscale intact.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

Landorus is the secondary special nuke of the team, providing great Sheer Force boosted coverage to hit most of the tier pretty damn hard, and a neat revenge killer for common base 100s. Earth Power is the obvious STAB move to dent anything that doesn't resist it, Focus Blast donks Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Tyranitar, and Sludge Wave bops Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill. Stealth Rock is great to wear stuff down and break Focus Sashes, although it could cost the team some valuable momentum.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal -> Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Roost

Mega Scizor makes for a great switch-in to non-WoW Mega Gardevoir, Azumarill, and many other physical attackers. Mega Scizor still hits decently hard without investment, and also serves as a neat revenge killer. Bullet Punch is the obvious STAB priority which is boosted by Technician, U-turn is used to gain more momentum and form a decent VoltTurn core with Raikou, and Superpower smacks Ferrothorn and Bisharp, which are major threats to this team. Roost is used to keep Mega Scizor healthy, stall, or scout for an opponent's move.

DOUBLE INCURSIO @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Taunt / Low Kick

Bisharp DOUBLE INCURSIO's role on the team is provide a more solid check to Fairy-types, and remove items from things which want to switch in. Adamant Jolly LO Bisharp DOUBLE INCURSIO chunks pretty much anything slower than it with Iron Head or Knock Off, while Sucker Punch 50/50s or 'mindgames' are always fun to play. Just spam Knock Off on everything you can, unless it's something Iron Head whacks harder. Also kinda fun to play mindgames with birdspam, since it opens up the way for ez revenge kills if done properly. Taunt in the last slot over SD/Low Kick is rather cool for a few different reasons; it stops Skarmory from setting up hazards in Bisharp's DOUBLE INCURSIO's face or Roosting or w/e that metal turkey wants to do, it stops slower Wish users which can usually force Bisharp DOUBLE INCURSIO out such as Alomomola, and it forces set up sweepers such as Mega Charizard X to attack and take Sucker Punch damage. Low Kick can be used however, to smack opposing Bisharp which can be troublesome to this team.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower Knock Off

Azumarill is just such a spectacular Pokemon, taking hits and hitting back hard. The EV spread is tailored to have a better chance of living standard Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice followed up by a Psyshock in a pinch than the standard AV set, allows it to take on Mega Charizard X better, and gives it better overall bulk. Waterfall and Play Rough are obligatory STAB moves, whilst Aqua Jet is great to bring some threats into Extreme Speed range, and Knock Off catches Gengar and the odd Lati twin on the switch / Superpower catches Ferrothorn and the odd Bisharp.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Thunder Fire Punch
- Earthquake Superpower

Dragonite is the primary win condition and revenge killer of this team, with the sheer bulk provided by Multiscale and the power of a +1 Extreme Speed to clean up weakened foes. Outrage is used to chunk slower enemies, Fire Punch is to muscle past things like Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn if Mega Manectric is down, and Superpower / Earthquake pops slower Steel- and Rock-types.

These two were probably the most annoying threats I came across on the ladder, forcing me to either let something go down prematurely or play carefully around it.

Both Mega Charizards are extremely threatening, especially if Azumarill is weakened or gone. Mega Manectric can threaten Mega Charizard Y out, but Mega Charizard X at +1 requires me to play mindgames with Bisharp's DOUBLE INCURSIO's Sucker Punch and finish it off with Extreme Speed if Landorus is down, otherwise I'll just have to sac things until I can finally KO it with priority. Roost variants ;-;

Either risk the speed tie with Latios, wear it down with Raikou, or get kinda smacked if Landorus is down. SubWisp sets are a real pain in the ass too.

Probably a lot more stuff I haven't come across that'll screw me over too, so I'll probably add to this later

Fuck Baton Pass

Also, stall in general is also kind of a problem, but at least it's better than Baton Pass

shout-out to all muh irc, skype, and smogon friends q:^)
Soulgazer Wepwn blunder Omfuga FinalFlash Afro Smash chimpact Goddess Briyella LightningLuxray BLOOD TOTEM Muk Arikado GGamer745 Redew Zodiax Trinitrotoluene Sapphire. Lasagne CrushinDefeat Xylen unfixable fleurdyleurse Calloflochie + fil :] + oh damn i forgot funkasaurus :[

if i forgot someone im sorry

this would also not be complete without a shout-out to the legendary tatsumi
[12:31:01 PM] Soulgazer: DOUBLE INCURSIO

Conclusion
Definitely leaves a lot to be desired as a proper team and has some major flaws, but it's just something fun I've been tinkering with for about a month or so. Hyperoffense is always a really fun playstyle, and for me, there's never been a dull moment using this team, whether it be somehow 6-0ing an opposing HO team or nearly beating a full stall team. Maybe next time I'll try making a proper team. With that said, this is probably my first fully-made team I've actually made an effort to change around and test so extensively, so thanks for taking the time to read this RMT if you did; all constructive criticism is appreciated.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

DOUBLE INCURSIO (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 10 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Last edited:
p cool team, all the mons are solid together which is gr8, but there's always room for improvement so les see what i have to offer

first thing i can tell is that this team struggles with ferrothorn. azu can't ohko w/ superpower and your only other answer is lando. another thing i notice is that this team is extremely offensive in nature but you have recover on latios, which has its uses and isn't bad by any means but you lost out on some great coverage options. if it were me, i'd scrap recover on latios in exchange for hp fire. or (this option might be better tbh) change our recover on latios for thunderbolt and t-punch on dnite for fire punch. that way latios can murder skarmory and gyarados and dnite doesn't get walled to shit by ferrothorn, scizor, or skarmory. also on lando i'd def go with stealth rock for that last slot and possibly fit knock off on azu over superpower. Sharp is cool. i'd personally run jolly to outspeed and taunt opposing sharp to prevent them from setting up in my face but adamant is fine too.

these are just suggestions so feel free to ignore, but hopefully i had something beneficial to offer here. gl

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Whoa ur names supposed to be horizons :OO

Um also, if u wanted to hurt fairy types with landorus u cud just use sludge wave. Doesn't have an obnoxious 75 acc. Bisharp can hit clefable thru CM, and while sludge wave does do 90% min to mgarde just keep rocks up and you'll be fine >_< better than dealing with 75 acc either way imo tbqh.
Ur team is kinda weak to opposing bisharp so i'd personally run jolly low kick on your own bisharp, keeping LO.
Superpower on AV azu is still too weak imo to really deal with ferrothorn, i'd rather stick with knock off and then slap superpower on your banded dnite over earthquake.
Finally I feel like recovery move on a latios is counterproductive; run hp fire latios cuz ferro is still annoying to this team or just run a latias with the same set.

horyzhnz

made most of these changes because they sound good, ty guys

keep the rates comin guys :]

Last edited:
Thx horyzhnz for shoutout :]

I like this team a lot man. Though yeah, there are some things we could to make it stand even stronger against mons like Ferrothorn (which this team has a hard time beating.) and mons on your threatlist. Let's begin with Landorus. I suggest Sludge Wave over Psychic on Landorus to smack Mega Gardevoir extremely hard landing a guaranteed OHKO on it after rocks. Latios hits Mega Venusaur hard with Psyshock so Psychic on Landorus isn't really necessary.

Speaking of Latios, we can slap Hidden Power Fire over Thunderbolt seeing as your team struggles with Ferrothorn, and Mega Manectric handles everything TBolt Latios does by simply switching in, allowing you to gain momentum with Volt Switch. It also smacks Skarmory and Scizor who dare to U-turn on your "switch" hard. Although Mega Mane can check Scizor, keeping Mane healthy enough to handle it is nice. Plus, it basically means a free turn of Mega Evolution. Mega Manectric also checks +1 Adamant Gyarados and Skarmory which is great.

For Dragonite, I really don't like the idea of Superpower over Earthquake, as lowered attack and the misfortune of being locked into a Fighting move allows sweepers like Mega Pinsir to easily set upon you. Earthquake also does the same, but the lowered attack is the issue, as you Superpower isn't the type of move you want to constantly spam. In a nutshell, I'd go back to using Earthquake on Dragonite over Superpower.

Any other minor changes I'd make would probably be Azumarill's EV Spread. Let's go with 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD, as it allows you to take special hits from the likes of Gengar and retaliate with Knock Off. Scenarios like Latios using Psyshock on Azumarill on the switch seals its fate as Psyshock lands the 2HKO anyways regardless of whichever spread you use.

Sets:
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Hope I helped haha. :]

I agree w/ sludge wave over psychic and eq over superpower, but pls don't use that azu spread... and on lati you can try hp fire but i'd stick w/ tbolt personally

My first request n_n

horyzhnz most of the changes I was going to suggest have pretty much been suggested in the rates above. Although I don't agree with a few after play testing. You should keep Superpower on Azumarill because players love to switch Ferrothorn in on Azumarill forgetting that it can use Superpower. Without Superpower you'll be forfeiting momentum to the opposing team as well as giving them a free turn to setup Stealth Rock. Play Rough KOs Latias and Latios. Knock Off can be great for Gengar but Azumarill's Waterfall already KOs it. Knock Off may also hit Slowbro and Mew but it wouldn't be smart to risk a burn from Will-O-Wisp or Scald. Superpower is more useful on this team than Knock Off. The next thing would be to keep Thunderpunch on Dragonite to hit Azumarill. Azumarill is a huge threat to your team. It can come in on 4/6 of the team and take out a mon' with little prediction. Superpower is also great because it'll still allow you to hit Skarmory supereffectively. Superpower is also great for Dragonite for the same reason it is for Azumarill, to hit Steel-types that threaten the team especially Ferrothorn. Superpower from Dragonite will absolutely smash Ferrothorn and it has a good chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. Earthquake can't do that. Superpower also has the luxury of hitting mon's like Heatran and Excadrill that frequently hold Air Ballloon's. The next thing would be to consider Hidden Power Fighting instead of Hidden Power Fire on Latios. Very few Scizors carry Pursuit and having Hidden Power Fighting allows Latios to 2HKO Tyranitar, and OHKO Bisharp, two of Latios's most popular checks. It still hits Ferrothorn for SE damage although you'll have to get a bit of chip damage before HP Fighting can 2HKO Ferrothorn. Also please don't use Iron Tail on Landorus, definitely use Stealth Rock over it. Sludge Wave will take care of fairy-types. You could also consider Choice Scarf Heatran over Bisharp to help check a few threats such as, M-Char Y, M-Gard, M-Medi, Kyurem-B, and Gengar. Heatran may also give you an advantage at the start of a match since most opponents will think you'll lead with it. That's pretty much it. Good team n_n.

Optional: I really didn't want to rip the team up or change to many mon's to cover a few threats. But you can consider using Raikou and Mega-Scizor over Mega Manetric and Bisharp to help deal with the teams biggest threats.

ALTHOUGH

<Ether> i think hed benefit from the m scizor>sharp although raikou is kind of poverty to replace manec with
<Ether> since m zor helps a little with azu, bisharp, garde

change hp fire to hp fighting
change knock off to superpower
change fire punch to thunderpunch and earthquake to superpower

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi there horyzhnz, amazing team n_n Like every other HO it has some pokes who trouble it, and the likes Azumarill, Mega Gardevoir and opposing Bisharp look kind of annoying to yours. However, most of the changes I was going to suggest have already been mentioned, so I'll just roll with those I support. First off, Jolly Bisharp with Low Kick seems like a good addition to the team as it's one of the better offesnive checks to opposing Bisharp. At +1, opposing Bisharp basically OHKOs every poke on your team bar your own Bisharp, and Dragonite if Multiscale is intact, but it's not intact on every occacion. You need a good check, and Manetric already takes advantage of Skarmory / Alomomola, so yeah Low Kick is an option I support. Superpower on Azumarill is the superior option for the last moveslot, becuase as Rob said; you forfeit momentum to the opposing team and give them a free turn to set Stealth Rock if running Knock Off. Focus Punch is also an option, and while it may look gimmicky, it has its merits. After SR and damage from Focus Punch, Ferrothorn is in KO range from Play Rough, so you force the Protect which can be used to your advantage. You also gain the ability to play mind games with Skarmory using Roost, as you do ~70 % on average with Focus Punch.

As for Landorus, the optimal moveset for your team is Earth Power | Focus Blast | Sludge Wave | Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is a must on every team, especially HO, as breaking bulkier cores becomes so much easier. You won't be staying in against Keldeo anyways, and Earth Power does a ton to Mega Venusaur and Amoongus. Lastly, Dragonite's moveset is somewhat debatable. I'm supporting Rob here as well though, and think that Superpower | Thunder Punch are the best options for the last two moveslots. Thunder Punch is really important to hit Suicune, Azumarill and Skarmory, while Superpower hits Heatran, Excadrill and Ferrothorn. The reason I prefer this over Earthquake and Fire Punch is the utility Thunder Punch gives you, and the ability Superpower has, which is taking on Chansey without getting locked in. While you miss out on hitting Mega Scizor, you have Manetric for that purpose.

The idea of running Raikou over Mega Manetric and Mega Scizor over Bisharp is really interesting; you gain some and you lose some. I suggest that you try it though, to see how it would work. A 3 Attakcs + Roost set on Mega Scizor seems to work really well with your team, as you draw in Magnezone, Heatran and Ferrothorn, and U-Turn out to gain momentum. That was all I had to say, good luck with your team n_n

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

Optional:

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yea I came to the same conclusion as TheEnder when i was helping rob. rate the team [i am ether], raikou isnt the same caliber of a pokemon as manectric but i think the overall benefits of making the swap [av raikou>manec, m scizor>bisharp] is overall a beneficial change, as it provides better insurance vs garde and azum and still preserves the identity of the team [i also think manectric is a luxury in some regards, such as being a 2nd option for gren on offense with av azumarill]. I think that the m-scizor should definitely have superpower on whatever set you choose to run however, should you choose to put it on your legion, since sd bisharp is a decent threat to this team.

Hello, this is definitely a very nice team, you covered most of the offensive threats and defensive threats quite well, as such, nice job!

However, I definitely see Mixed Thundurus as a problem to you, he can easily outspeed every team members of your team and threat them with its great coverage of Knock Off, Thunderbolt, Superpower and HP Ice, if he has Defiant it's even worse, but that's a rare set.
At first glance Manectric should check him easily, however one wrong move ( eg: switching manectric predicting Thunderbolt, only to get rekt destroyed by Superpower/HP Ice or even Knock Off, Manectric also needs to mega evolve before facing Thundurus, which can be quite troublesome for you), Greninja is also another problem for you, faster than everyone in your team, except Manectric AFTER mega evolving, and capable to threaten all of them with its coverage, he also resists Bisharp's STABs, and can give Azumarill problems too, since he doesn't have any solid recoveries, some Greninja's also use HP Grass or Grass Knot especially for Azumarill, as such I would suggest you Mixed Defensive Clefable over your current Azumarill.
Mixed defensive Clefable has the bulk to withstand both Thundurus and Greninja's rampage, while also giving you an immunity to Burn and poison (especially useful against Stall Teams), it doesn't end here, however, Clefable also gives you Stealth Rocks on the field, this mean that you can give Landorus Knock Off in order to have higher chances against Stall Teams.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Hope it helped, good luck!

Last edited:

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I dont get iron tail when you already have sludge wave. you just need a lil bit of residual to deal with fairies like av azu n gard.

you dont really need defog to protect dnite's multiscale since he's banded. Banded dragonite is just a heavy hitter/ revenge killer. you could easily replace it with a ditto to savage HO teams and it also wrecks baton pass. your team had one pokemon to really beat bisharp and that was your own bisharp. by replacing the one pokemon that allowed it to set up an SD, it's not as much of a problem.

horyzhnz

Hello, this is definitely a very nice team, you covered most of the offensive threats and defensive threats quite well, as such, nice job!

However, I definitely see Mixed Thundurus as a problem to you, he can easily outspeed every team members of your team and threat them with its great coverage of Knock Off, Thunderbolt, Superpower and HP Ice, if he has Defiant it's even worse, but that's a rare set.
At first glance Manectric should check him easily, however one wrong move ( eg: switching manectric predicting Thunderbolt, only to get rekt destroyed by Superpower/HP Ice or even Knock Off, Manectric also needs to mega evolve before facing Thundurus, which can be quite troublesome for you), Greninja is also another problem for you, faster than everyone in your team, except Manectric AFTER mega evolving, and capable to threaten all of them with its coverage, he also resists Bisharp's STABs, and can give Azumarill problems too, since he doesn't have any solid recoveries, some Greninja's also use HP Grass or Grass Knot especially for Azumarill, as such I would suggest you Mixed Defensive Clefable over your current Azumarill.
Mixed defensive Clefable has the bulk to withstand both Thundurus and Greninja's rampage, while also giving you an immunity to Burn and poison (especially useful against Stall Teams), it doesn't end here, however, Clefable also gives you Stealth Rocks on the field, this mean that you can give Landorus Knock Off in order to have higher chances against Stall Teams.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Hope it helped, good luck!
thanks for the rate, enki! it kinda does seem like mixed thundurus would pose a problem, but as you say, it's kinda rare. however, i don't really like the idea of using clefable, as it simply can't replace azumarill's role in the team and it forfeits momentum in a way. simply put, I need azumarill for aqua jet and for its raw offensive presence, but clefable makes the bisharp weakness even more apparent. i've opted for stealth rock on landorus and replaced av raikou > megaman to better handle greninja and standard thundurus, and megazor > bisharp to check opposing bisharp + form a decent voltturn core. i've also tried using knock off on landorus, but half the time i felt like SR was needed more.

I dont get iron tail when you already have sludge wave. you just need a lil bit of residual to deal with fairies like av azu n gard.

you dont really need defog to protect dnite's multiscale since he's banded. Banded dragonite is just a heavy hitter/ revenge killer. you could easily replace it with a ditto to savage HO teams and it also wrecks baton pass. your team had one pokemon to really beat bisharp and that was your own bisharp. by replacing the one pokemon that allowed it to set up an SD, it's not as much of a problem.
yeah, now that i look back maybe it wasn't such a bright idea. originally i had iron tail on just to ohko the standard offensive mega-garde, but now that i can ohko after sr damage from lando, it just looks really pointless, haha. :[
after replacing bisharp with megazor with superpower, opposing bisharp isn't much of a problem now either. unfortunately, raikou kinda feels like a poor man's manectric, but at least it's a better switch-in for greninja. :]

thx lads, this is what the team looks like right now
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)