ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody find it odd or interesting that the specific BST upgrade they decided to give Hoopa's form gives it a BST equal to a Cover Legendary? It's probably just coincidence or nothing, but... I dunno, I found it a tad interesting.

Just want to point out your forgot Colosseum/XD, and possibly Ranger/Box and such.
I considered them but I wasn't sure what to make of Colo/XD. I figured the hexcodes only applied to main-series handheld games.
~don't judge me, I wasn't going for accuracy ;-;~

I'm 99.6% sure it will be the Strange Souvenir.
Evil Gracidea confirmed?

I wonder if they'll keep the same regional pattern for Vivillion or will that be just an X/Y thing.
Vivillons won't change their pattern when being traded over, if that's what you mean

Didn't even see that! Hopefully people stop going on about Pokemon Z now.
Why would they? This doesn't prove anything. Delta Emerald is a registered trademark, and I know, I know, before people bring up Water Blue and Grey, yes, I do know about them, but I also know that until Gen VI is over, DE is still an option for GF.
At the same time, just cause there is room for X2 and Y2 or Z and Delta Emerald doesn't meant hat there will be two more games this gen. Game Freak could just be giving themselves room so it doesn't matter what they do next. I mean, just look at all the unused ribbons for national championships and the like in the code for Gen III and IV. All the two remaining pentagon slots indicate is that there is a possibility of two more games.

So, I was checking the list of trainers, and I noticed a terrible omission: Juan's gone MIA. This most likely means that they're going down the Ruby/Sapphire path rather than the Emerald one, which might mean no Battle Frontier. icri, Game Freak. icri.

At the same time, just cause there is room for X2 and Y2 or Z and Delta Emerald doesn't meant hat there will be two more games this gen. Game Freak could just be giving themselves room so it doesn't matter what they do next. I mean, just look at all the unused ribbons for national championships and the like in the code for Gen III and IV. All the two remaining pentagon slots indicate is that there is a possibility of two more games.
I kind of doubt they wouldn't make another set of games this gen because if they predict they have the possibility to do it there's no reason not to do it. XY's currently the best selling 3DS game - though Smash 3DS might soon contend for that spot - and I have no doubt ORAS will sell just as if not more than that. Pokémon makes a lot of money for Game Freak, they seem to think they'll be able to make a third set of games if possible, why wouldn't they?

So, I was checking the list of trainers, and I noticed a terrible omission: Juan's gone MIA. This most likely means that they're going down the Ruby/Sapphire path rather than the Emerald one, which might mean no Battle Frontier. icri, Game Freak. icri.
There is the Battle Resort..

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not necessarily. HG/SS had some elements from Crystal like Suicune being "special" (still don't understand why it is in-universe), Eusine running around, and a battle facility northwest of Olivne City.

I kind of doubt they wouldn't make another set of games this gen because if they predict they have the possibility to do it there's no reason not to do it. XY's currently the best selling 3DS game - though Smash 3DS might soon contend for that spot - and I have no doubt ORAS will sell just as if not more than that. Pokémon makes a lot of money for Game Freak, they seem to think they'll be able to make a third set of games if possible, why wouldn't they?
They might decide that one game would do better. You never know with Game Freak. I mean, they never did release the Azure Flute or the Lock Capsule.

There is the Battle Resort..
I know. I hope that's not the name of those Battle Frontier-like buildings you could find around Hoenn in Emerald, but instead a renamed Battle Frontier.

Not necessarily. HG/SS had some elements from Crystal like Suicune being "special" (still don't understand why it is in-universe), Eusine running around, and a battle facility northwest of Olivne City.
But the differences between G/S and Crystal were negligible back then, hence why the stories can overlap in the remakes. In Emerald, they added A LOT of stuff, including both teams being the bad guys instead of one, the Battle Houses, Battle Frontier, and a Champion change. Hard to try to stick to the originals while adding the elements of the third version.

They might decide that one game would do better. You never know with Game Freak. I mean, they never did release the Azure Flute or the Lock Capsule.
Yes, but those are minor events that wouldn't - presumably - require any money. We're talking about a game that would undoubtedly be a big money-raking seller.

My point was that we would get SOME game, even if it was one instead of two. That's inevitable, but I just don't see why they wouldn't make a game if they have the opportunity and resources. At this point I think two games is a lot more likely if they bothered to create and program in two new signature moves for Zygarde but that's just me.

I like the idea of ZDE over just Z/2. Would be a very different spin on the old 'third' installation.

Either way I'm loving Steelix's new design and stats. I think he'll be very potent come Omega/Alpha Leagues. . . and I guess Omega and Alpha are going to be the 'Standard' wifi games until which ever comes next (Z/2/DE or straight to 7).

With the datadump revealing so much I think its safe to say there wont be much hidden come release.

I like the idea of ZDE over just Z/2. Would be a very different spin on the old 'third' installation.

Either way I'm loving Steelix's new design and stats. I think he'll be very potent come Omega/Alpha Leagues. . . and I guess Omega and Alpha are going to be the 'Standard' wifi games until which ever comes next (Z/2/DE or straight to 7).

With the datadump revealing so much I think its safe to say there wont be much hidden come release.
If anything, come release we will probably just be able to fill in the blanks such as item names, TM/HM list, the Battle Resort, in-game events and trades, etc.

Something that caught my eye with the 'compatibility' update that was given:

ΩR/αS League: Open only for players of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This league lets you only use Pokémon that were caught, hatched or distributed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Nothing about Black 2 and White 2 transferred Pokémon, further confirming the move tutor's move list. :)

ΩR/αS League: Open only for players of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This league lets you only use Pokémon that were caught, hatched or distributed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Nothing about Black 2 and White 2 transferred Pokémon, further confirming the move tutor's move list. :)
So do we know if X and Y pokemon will be allowed in VGC too, or is it only going to be ORAS pokemon? I want to make a Mega Audino team as funny as it sounds.

About the whole card Shaymin deal, has the Gracidea been found as a key item in oras or no?
Key items such as the Gracidea are more than likely in the game. There is no reason to exclude them.

So do we know if X and Y pokemon will be allowed in VGC too, or is it only going to be ORAS pokemon? I want to make a Mega Audino team as funny as it sounds.
VGC will probably make use of ORAS next year. Also, depending on the restrictions of VGC next year (EX. Hoenn Regional Pokédex only), Mega Lopunny won't be VGC. <_<

But I have a feeling that ORAS' VGC may make use of the National Pokédex.

MOD EDIT: Continue to double post and you will be infracted.

As I suggested before, it's like when TCG cards or mechanics get 'remade' after a rotation

Hey guys, something that caught my atention is the fact that there are no pokemon above level 46 in the encouter tables. Don't you think that is too low?

As I suggested before, it's like when TCG cards or mechanics get 'remade' after a rotation
Yeah, it basically means that Generation V games are getting phased out of ORAS because ORAS allows access to things obtained within Generation V games (Example: Move Tutor moves).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Let's be honest, here. Who else was running Sing Marowwak and Morning Sun Scizor?

The ORAS League is GF's attempt to kill off genning pokemon for good, which is in itself is a very bittersweet bag, but it also means that top players have to work and grind for their mons to prove hey are the best.
How does hoping the RNG gives you the Hidden Power you want have anything to do with skill?

Seriously, stuff like Hidden Power and IV spreads are the main reason people gen/hack stuff in the first place, and will continue to do so if/when the means to do so are created (I sure as hell will for in-game OU matches with my friends). If GF wanted to stop it they'd make getting good IV spreads on VGC-Legal mons less of a pain.

Let's be honest, here. Who else was running Sing Marowwak and Morning Sun Scizor?

The ORAS League is GF's attempt to kill off genning pokemon for good, which is in itself is a very bittersweet bag, but it also means that top players have to work and grind for their mons to prove hey are the best.
I will say though, it at least showed me that shift didn't get sucker punch normally, as I always thought it had.

At least I still can transfer all my old favs (and my first starter still) even if I cant use em competitively and all.

I guess they want to increase variety (On the same trainer), since you cannot use the same Pokemon over and over again from a few generations ago (Some viable movesets have changed little in many years) in standard leagues.

Hm but it's quite easy to breed hp pokes in X Y once you have a decent father or set of dittos. The issue is getting them shiny with gen tutor moves unless you already know the shiny tsv in XY in which case it's easy and probably less effort than rng method...

How does hoping the RNG gives you the Hidden Power you want have anything to do with skill?

Seriously, stuff like Hidden Power and IV spreads are the main reason people gen/hack stuff in the first place, and will continue to do so if/when the means to do so are created (I sure as hell will for in-game OU matches with my friends). If GF wanted to stop it they'd make getting good IV spreads on VGC-Legal mons less of a pain.
Getting good IV's and HP in Gen VI is piss easy. There is no excuse to be use Pokegen'd Pokemon nowadays and ORAS is only going to underline that point.

GF started the process in XY and ORAS will be its' conclusion.

Karxrida said:
Just because it's easy doesn't mean it isn't fucking tedious and extremely time consuming if the RNG decides to not give you want you want even with two 5 IV parents, especially if you want Hidden Power (which is required for some Pokemon to be competitively viable).
The message written on my profile. Pretty sure my response is clear enough. GF have put a process in place that means breeding is simple and straight forward. If it is not then time machine breeding is something that you need to look into.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)