Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if this has been suggested, but is there any chance we can get to look at older replays wheen looking for them? For example, when i look for my name for replays, a lot of good ones have been left behind by the newer ones :[ so being able to look further would be cool
You can just save them on your bookmarks bar in a replay folder if you'd wish for them to never disappear

Can we get a filter for the word Ebola that has been of large use in the Lobby these days (like, changing it to -snip- or something)? I feel like that would be helpful in preventing a lot of spam that occurs in the lobby, because it's a sensitive topic in reality and filtering it would be really, really helpful.

Last edited:
Could you make it so that in the teambuilder, when you choose a Pokemon it automatically chooses the required item (like if choose Gengar-Mega, item will be automatically set to Gengarite)
Well its set that way so that you can start with the Mega Pokemon itself and use another item in hackmons and customs.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
didn't know the name of a virus would be censored and instead "e-word" would be used lol, that's kinda funny.

On a more serious note, I'm bringing up the suggestion of having an animation for Sticky Web, same as stealth rock/spikes etc.

Also, if /away could be programmed or at least if it could offer the option of being permanent that would be rad. I often always want to be on /away so I dont get a crapton of random challenges (i get a lot), so that would really help. I know someone would reply, "but just do /away every time you log in!", I always forget until I get like 5 challenegs at once and its annoying.

I agree with arikado and unfixable, it would be great if something would show you what you have on when you log in though, otherwise you might forget after a while and then you'll think "why don't people ever ask me things anymore?" or "why don't people challenge me anymore?" and that would get kinda annoying.

Can we get a filter for the word Ebola that has been of large use in the Lobby these days (like, changing it to -snip- or something)? I feel like that would be helpful in preventing a lot of spam that occurs in the lobby, because it's a sensitive topic in reality and filtering it would be really, really helpful.
I don't think you should suggest filters for certain words. The lobby auth no their stuff and they can and will act to that whenever and however they want to. Besides it's only a name of a virus... so you think we should filter every well-known virus in world? Nope.

I don't think you should suggest filters for certain words. The lobby auth no their stuff and they can and will act to that whenever and however they want to. Besides it's only a name of a virus... so you think we should filter every well-known virus in world? Nope.
Hmm that makes sense. Thanks =)

Hey, kind of a random idea. As of now, the teambuilder itself is a tad disorganized, it's really just a long list of teams. This isn't so bad when you have 5 or 6 teams, but when you get to like 400 it's really hard to keep them all organized and such. I think it would be nice to have "boxes" were you could store teams for a certain format (or they could be customizable) so that is would be easier to keep track when you have a lot.

On another note, it might be nice to be able to customize the pick a tier screen. A lot of people don't like certain formats at the top left, and could save time by having their favorite tiers there. In addition, changing the name of the categories could be nice as well. Also, this could change the default tier from randbats to something else. Personally, I'd like to move some other metagames in place of NU and custom, and move randbats to a different place. I'm not saying this should be universal, but people should be able to change it around maybe.

I'm not sure how hard these are to implement, but I think they'd be pretty well received.

Hi. Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but I've looked around for ages and haven't found anywhere else to post something like this so yeah.

basically I've been thinking about how tiers work and I think it'd be better if pokémon were tiered based on their viability ranking rather than they're useage. This would allow several things such as a seperation between mega evolved pokémon and their counter parts, the useage of a pokémon that has a banned ability to be used else where(i.e. gothitelle), something to be banned in one tier but not another (e.g. drizzle banned in uu due to the number of fire scarfers and not in ru where there are several grass and water types) and a lot more control of the community to balance the meta. Additionally I think there should be a clear definition of op, meaning that a pokemon would need to have a certain number of checks and counters on viable sets for each type of play.

if you are unable to help me I'd appreciate it if you could direct me to someone who can.
thank you for your time.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi. Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but I've looked around for ages and haven't found anywhere else to post something like this so yeah.

basically I've been thinking about how tiers work and I think it'd be better if pokémon were tiered based on their viability ranking rather than they're useage. This would allow several things such as a seperation between mega evolved pokémon and their counter parts, the useage of a pokémon that has a banned ability to be used else where(i.e. gothitelle), something to be banned in one tier but not another (e.g. drizzle banned in uu due to the number of fire scarfers and not in ru where there are several grass and water types) and a lot more control of the community to balance the meta. Additionally I think there should be a clear definition of op, meaning that a pokemon would need to have a certain number of checks and counters on viable sets for each type of play.

if you are unable to help me I'd appreciate it if you could direct me to someone who can.
thank you for your time.
This isn't the right place but maybe Aldaron can respond to this well.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
How about a mod command that allows them to remove a message from the chat. (like a button on the right of the message or something, instead of some complicated command). It would make chats cleaner without having to /clear, and it would be undo-able.It'd probably be mostly for long links, spam, and doritos.

What about an option to be able to choose the background music for battles? I'd suggest having a selection of Mp3 files with user recommended songs, though the default battle music is fine (as long as I don't have to hear that damn Gen 4 soundfront again).

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'd like to see a calculator build in on Showdown. Maybe with a button like 'Credits, Ladder, Teambuilder' and such that will pop it up. This might be kind of a weird suggestion considering most computers have a calculator build in already. However for me this is not the case. That's why I'd like to see it.

Also a command that will show max stats from a certain pokemon. It'd be a lot quicker than going to the Teambuilder and maxing out their stats. Just showing the stats at 252+ in the stats would be very useful for doing calcs. Some people lose due to the battle timer because they're taking too long with doing such things. I think it'd be a useful command.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, can we please get an ORAS option for challenging and room tournaments? Many people are playing ORAS OU test battles, and in the OU room we've even done a Custom Game tour with stringent rule enforcement, but it would be so much more convenient if there was a challenge option for this. The ORAS Megas would obviously be the main things to add. If tutors would take too long to sift through, Earth Power Diancie, Gunk Shot Greninja, Crunch Gyarados, Drain Punch Chesnaught, and Knock Off Diggersby are really the only competitively relevant ones (for OU challenges at least, the only other thing would really be Ubers though).

Sorta on the same note as Kasumi's post, It would be neat if there was a /command or a link to the usage stats, since pulling up the link everytime someone asks is rather hard.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sorta on the same note as Kasumi's post, It would be neat if there was a /command or a link to the usage stats, since pulling up the link everytime someone asks is rather hard.
Well you can always do '/w boTTT, .usage' and it pops up the message if you're not blocking PM.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What about an option to be able to choose the background music for battles? I'd suggest having a selection of Mp3 files with user recommended songs, though the default battle music is fine (as long as I don't have to hear that damn Gen 4 soundfront again).
It actually costs a lot of money just for the small music selection we already have. This probably isn't happening.
Hi, can we please get an ORAS option for challenging and room tournaments? Many people are playing ORAS OU test battles, and in the OU room we've even done a Custom Game tour with stringent rule enforcement, but it would be so much more convenient if there was a challenge option for this. The ORAS Megas would obviously be the main things to add. If tutors would take too long to sift through, Earth Power Diancie, Gunk Shot Greninja, Crunch Gyarados, Drain Punch Chesnaught, and Knock Off Diggersby are really the only competitively relevant ones (for OU challenges at least, the only other thing would really be Ubers though).
Hollywood and TI may be adding a "ORAS OU" challenge option soon under Other Metas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)