2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he had that awful touch in the box 1st half, I thought to myself that he looked like a random fan had been selected to play. He went on to get even worse. We are starting each game with an immediate disadvantage with such a useless player, I would rather have Ngog or Voronin really. The men upstairs should be hanging their heads in shame right now, we knew for a long time that we needed a striker, they had plenty of time to find one better than this. Even Torres or 34 year old Robbbie keane over what we aee seeing currently. The worst thing is we will never be able to sell him, no one will ever sign him so we are bound to 95k a week for 5 years no matter what he does. Pathetic work there from the management.

Torrres was at one time world class, Balotelli is just an average striker who has somehow live off hype for the last 7 years.

Cannot think of a player who has had such unwarranted hype and a reputation as being great in recent memory.

Torrres was at one time world class, Balotelli is just an average striker who has somehow live off hype for the last 7 years.

Cannot think of a player who has had such unwarranted hype and a reputation as being great in recent memory.
I think Hulk comes pretty damn close to be honest.
There have been magical performances on occasion from Balotelli so he lives of the hype of those. For example, the EURO 2012 semi final against Germany, he was incredible, and he wasn't half bad against England in the WC. However, he doesn't have the ability nor the mentality to provide this spark on a regular basis

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I think Hulk comes pretty damn close to be honest.
Disagreed. Hulk is a bit overrated, but he has always played well in European competitions for Porto and Zenit (basically carried them last year), and superbly at domestic competitions (though it can be argued that the level is lower in Portugal and Russia, fine). He wasn't bad at the world cup either, he was played out of position and still had good performances in the knockout round.

Disagreed. Hulk is a bit overrated, but he has always played well in European competitions for Porto and Zenit (basically carried them last year), and superbly at domestic competitions (though it can be argued that the level is lower in Portugal and Russia, fine). He wasn't bad at the world cup either, he was played out of position and still had good performances in the knockout round.
I've only ever seen Hulk during his Brazil games and the odd Europa League/UCL game. However, i've seen people comparing him to great wingers like Di Maria and Bale (This might be just the ignorant crowd i've talked to) but he's not even close. The FIFA bandwagoners also don't help, as he's always rated quite highly so people think he's so much better than he actually is.

Reactions: tml

scene

Banned deucer.
absolutely cracking goal though, admirable to come on and immediately do that considering the flack he's taken. still questioning how he fits into the united system as anything other than an impact sub though.

Hulk is incredible
If Hulk was incredible, i'm pretty sure he'd be playing for a top European club by now :P He may have been linked with almost every club in Europe, but he's never made the jump he should have done post-Porto to further his career playing for a big club, rather than bathing himself in money in Russia

absolutely cracking goal though, admirable to come on and immediately do that considering the flack he's taken. still questioning how he fits into the united system as anything other than an impact sub though.
In my opinion, he's a fantastic option as an impact sub, but also to play basically as the physical lump that United need against lesser opposition/Chelsea who dominate with their size and power which the rest of the United side lacks. I've always liked Fellaini, bit disappointed he took that step down to United

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
If Hulk was incredible, i'm pretty sure he'd be playing for a top European club by now :P He may have been linked with almost every club in Europe, but he's never made the jump he should have done post-Porto to further his career playing for a big club, rather than bathing himself in money in Russia
I'm just saying that comparing him to such an irregular player as Balotelli is unfair, Hulk might not have made the jump to a great club but has performed superbly everywhere he has been, including the Champions League (which gives him credit). The same cannot be said of Balotelli, who has never played well consistenly, only a few bright moments here and there. That doesn't mean I think he's on the level of players like Ribery, Robben or Bale, but he's still very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)