Tutor Shoutouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, one of the new things we're (myself along with Plus and Steven Snype ) introducing to the program is Tutor Shoutouts. The purpose of this is to highlight the great work of a specific tutor after each round, as well as to announce when a tutor has earned the Tutor Badge or if there is a change when it comes to Moderators for Battling 101.

For Round 88, it's twofold. Not only was Laga deemed the Tutor of Round 88 thanks to a great review from his tutee by the Battling 101 Staff, but he was also awarded the Tutor badge for all of his great work in previous rounds as well. For those not familiar with him, Laga is very active in the Doubles Community here on Smogon and has proven over time to be one of the best contributors / players the tier has. Thanks for all the great work you do as a Tutor Laga, and we hope that you'll continue to be one of the best Tutors the program has.

That's all for now!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to Soulgazer, macle, Jio, and King UU for earning their tutor badge! These four individuals have been anchoring Battling 101 in their respective tiers and have shown nothing but dedication to the program. Keep up the good work!

It was really hard to pick the tutor for Round 89. I'd like to give special shoutouts to IronBullet93, Audiosurfer, Steve Angello, Yagura, Ace Emerald, and macle for really going above and beyond this round. It's very encouraging to see this many positive evaluations from our tutors.

For this round though, I'd like to congratulate Soulgazer on being the Tutor of Round 89. He's been an active force in nearly every facet of the NU community and always encourages his tutees to get involved with anything NU. I've heard nothing but great reviews and I hope that he continues to contribute to Battling 101 for the forseeable future!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Props to Yagura for getting the tutor badge, he's been a tremendous asset to Battling 101 and I'm happy that he's rewarded for the work he's put in to the program.

A lot of tutors put in quite the extensive amount of work this round, so I'd like to thank Lord Moet II, Leftiez, Zamrock, Pearl., Typhlito, and macle for being nothing short of amazing this round.

Congratulations to galbia for being the Tutor of Round 90, though. galbia's put in a ton of work this round and he's always building strong relationships with his tutees that last even after the rounds end, which is something that we always like to see. Nice work!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Congratulations to the following people on getting their Tutor Badges from Round 91: Bluwing galbia IronBullet93 Steve Angello Zamrock and we'd also like to recognize dice for re-earning this badge.

We'd also like to recognize Audiosurfer RiCH HOMiE CHRiS Serapis Arikado and Goddess Briyella for their performances this round.

For Round 91's Tutor of the Round, we'd like to acknowledge one of our newest tutors: HellPowna. HellPowna has not just taken on two tutees for the round, but he has taken such care for his tutees because "he's the kind of person who really makes you feel good about yourself and your abilities." "He has put a lot of effort in our sessions and has been so helpful" in making sure each tutee gets the attention they need, spending over 12 hours with each of them. If someone signs up for Battling 101 and HellPowna is available, that person will certainly take something from their journey to the Temple of Battling.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Time for Tutor Shoutouts!

Round 92 saw some tutors perform exceptionally well. In particular, we'd like to recognize: Ajna Typhlito Jukain Zamrock Bluwing and Audiosurfer for their outstanding performances this round!

We'd also like to honor Mizuhime for Round 92's Tutor of the Round! Mizuhime's tutoring has inspired her tutees to appreciate the metagame because of her "amazing advice and encouragement." Her tutee now actively tries to experiment new types of teams and ladders with them during his spare time. This is a quality that very few possess. The power to inspire is something amazing as we hope that through the confidence she inspires in her tutees, we help improve this growing playerbase.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
There were a lot of great tutors for this round: Bluwing, fatty, Gizmo, GiraGoomy, Jio, Laga, Mambo, macle, Raseri, steelphoenix, Tokyo Tom, Yagura, and Zamrock all had amazing rounds. That's a lot of names, and there were still other great tutors this round that we haven't even named.

Tutor of Round 95 goes to Reymedy though! He's put in a lot of effort this round and there are results to show for it: his tutee (and Bluwing's btw) GeeMick won the Tutee Tournament for Rounds 94-5. Reymedy's also helped his tutees become more integrated into the tournament and forum communities - the first step of building a BATTLING 101 DYNASTY.

Pairings for Round 96 will be posted later tonight or tomorrow.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think you forgot me, but it doesnt matter! Id like to do my shoutouts now :)
I wanna thank smogon for givin me the opportunity to tutor.
Thanks to Plus Leftiez Steve Angello for everything they do for b101 and inspirin me to work better for it! Thanks to Taylor for inspiring me as well :)
Thanks to lord sama Yoshimitsux my italian best friend :3
Im really Honored to earn that badge, and honestly..this badge is more important than my trophy. This is a great success for me; it means that im givin something to smogon and my tutees, and this is important for myself.
Im really happy to see that lots of tutees want me like tutor. Im actually busy, but i'll back soon. I wanna honor that badge, and being more than a tutor. Thanks!

hellpowna

Last edited:
Congratulations to -Clone-, Bouffalant, Christo The Gr8, fatty, Genesis7, Kiyo, and Krauersaut for earning their Tutor badge! They've been dedicated to the program for a long time and it's great to see them rewarded for their huge efforts.

Also shoutouts to metaphysical, Genesis7, iplaytennislol, Mambo, ABR, Luigi., and kamikaze17 for the huge amount of effort they put into this round, it's very nice to see a lot of people contributing to the program ^_^

The tutor of this round is Snowy., even though he and his tutee had problems scheduling because of their different timezones he was able to help his tutee improve and was accommodating and friendly in his sessions, keep it up!

Last edited:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Time for the last series of Tutor Shoutouts for 2015!

Major props to Lord Outrage, Astounded, badabing, Typhlito, m00ns, JohnYiu, Zamrock, Aurious, njnp, Jio, and Level 56 for showing great attention to their tutees and going above and beyond in terms of the time and effort they put in this round.

Our tutor of the round though is Shiba once again, who not only took up two tutees but also dedicated plenty of time for both and received glowing reviews as a result. Excellent job guys, keep it up!

I'd just like to finish off by saying that it's wonderful to see the growing number of tutors who are passionate and willing to put in an extensive amount of work; it's really amazing for the programme and we'd like to thank each one of you for your efforts. It's been a fantastic year for B101 and we only expect it to get better from here. Happy holidays everyone and see you next year :toast:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi guys, time for the first round of shoutouts for 2016!

Plenty of fantastic tutors this round. Major props to m00ns, rozes, Bluwing, Kiyo, Arifeen, FlamingVictini, Snowy., 2xTheTap, Alexander., Clone., Alkov, Level 56 and Minority Suspect who all put in an amazing amount of work and as a consequence received glowing reviews from their tutees.

Our tutor of the round is Eyan! He not only took up two tutees but made sure he gave plenty of time and attention to both, and overall was incredible in his dedication and effort this round. Great job everyone :)

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Once again we had a lot of tutors put in an incredible amount of work this round, so I'd like to thank Arifeen, Corporal Levi, Krauersaut, galbia, Lord Outrage, SamVGC, Snowy., ThatCrazyRussian, PoMMan, Level 56 and m00ns for being nothing short of amazing and really going the extra mile with their tutees.

Our tutor of the round is the unstoppable Shiba, who once again took up two tutees but made sure to dedicate plenty of time and attention to both and received fantastic reviews as a result. Excellent job everyone, keep it up! :)

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Lot of great tutors this round: Shoutouts to Tomahawk, Molk, Shadowtags, Megazard, TDK, Level 56, Arifeen, Jio, p2, Manipulative, Team Pokepals, Yagura and Christo. for showing amazing attention to their tutees and going above and beyond in terms of the time and effort they put in!

Our tutor of the round is Pearl, who covered a vast range of topics with his tutee and was peerless in the dedication and support he gave him. As a consequence he also received an incredible review with nothing but positive feedback. Congrats man, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)