Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though most people see the most potential for Mega Sableye in CM sets, it could also work as a dedicated anti-SR Pokemon, as it can wall many SR setters, such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Chansey, Celebi, Terrakion, and Hippowdon. With a specially bulky spread, Mega Sableye even walls SR Clefable (barely) and SR Heatran, and even though it can't do much to Clefable, it can cripple Heatran with Knock Off and slowly KO it. And even with a SpD spread, it still has good enough bulk to prevent SR from defensive Lando-T, and any passive SR setters (Chansey, Celebi, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Ferrothorn). Knock Off / Recover / WoW are musts on such a set, while the are many options for the last slot. Taunt can be used, to shut down stallbreakers such as Gliscor, Mew, and Talonflame, all of which Mega Sableye walls easily, and let another Pokemon come in and deal with them, as well as shut down any defensive Pokemon that Mega Sableye walls but can't beat one on one, so that another teammate can safely come in and take care of it. Foul Play can be used to prevent SD Talonflame, Mega Charizard X, Refresh / Sub DD Mega Salamence, Sub Mega Gyarados, Sub Mega Heracross, and SubSD Hawlucha from setting up on you. Sucker Punch is a decent option for very passive stall teams that have no other way of dealing with speedy sweepers and has great synergy with Magic Bounce. Metal Burst can net surprise kills, as Mega Sableye is surprisingly hard to OHKO. Toxic can let Mega Sableye beat more quickly the defensive Pokemon it walls instead of going in a PP stall war, such as Chansey, Hippowdon, etc, forcing them out eventually, as well as crippling special attackers and Fire-types.

Aside from preventing SR from going up, Mega Sableye walls most stallbreakers, such as Mew, Heatran, Gliscor, and Talonflame, as well as some very threatening sweepers / wallbreakers, such as Mega Gallade (only counter to this beast actually), Mega Medicham, Breloom, Bisharp, SD Mega Scizor, and Iron Tail-less Lucario.

And with Mega Sableye's great overall bulk, it's not hard at all to lead with it, so that you can MEvolve asap and make sure you can actually keep SR off the field when the SR user comes into the field.

For all those reasons, Mega Sableye seems as a fantastic Pokemon for stall. Keeping SR off the field without any passive play (Rapid Spin and Defog users give free turns) is wonderful, as it gives way more freedom for switching around and makes using great defensive Pokemon that are SR weak much easier, such as stallbreaker Talonflame, TauntWoW Victini, AV Tornadus-T, and defensive Gyarados. With the physically defensive spread, all you need to do is pack a Defog / Rapid Spin user to beat Clefable and maybe Heatran (if you lack a cleric, PhD M-Sableye still walls Heatran), and you have every single SR user covered for good. Also, covering extremely threatening stallbreakers, sweepers, and wallbreakers is great, as well as access to STAB Knock Off, Taunt, and WoW.
Mega Sableye doesn't really wall SR Heatran because he can just wisp you and get a Flash Fire boost.
0 SpA Flash Fire Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 106-126 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- 68.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
And if those catch a burn your Sableye isn't gonna last long. Well, at least you knocked off his lefties, I guess.

I've been thinking- would a neo subseed spread help sceptile m any?

Sceptile @ mega stone
- timid/naive, evs up for grabs
- Leech seed
- sub
- Giga drain
- Dragon Pulse/Drain punch?

Similar to the adv spread back in '03, but newly updated. Now giga drain does much more damage with higher PP, and sceptile gets stab on its dragon moves. Likewise, drain punch might be usable for slightly better coverage and the ability to have two draining attacks. Sub seed is a tried and true strategy, especially since with a mega stone it can outspeed all non choiced competition.
I'd imagine you'd want to run Hidden Power Fire over Drain Punch, considering how the only things not being bothered by Leech Seed are Grass-types and Magic Guard/Bounce Pokemon. While you can't do much about the latter, Ferrothorn is just begging to be hit by a super-effective move. Dragon Pulse would do more damage on average, but your SubSeeding opportunity is walled when the aforementioned Ferrothorn comes into play.

Point being, Drain Punch isn't there to do much that Hidden Power can't do as well if not better.

Edit: 252 SpA / 252 Spe seem like given EVs as well.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mega Sableye doesn't really wall SR Heatran because he can just wisp you and get a Flash Fire boost.
0 SpA Flash Fire Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 106-126 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- 68.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
And if those catch a burn your Sableye isn't gonna last long. Well, at least you knocked off his lefties, I guess.
True. Well, just pair Mega Sableye with Starmie i guess. Plus, most defensive Heatran are packing Toxic over WoW after the Mega Mawile ban.

So the OU Room held a custom games tour (to try and get some ideas for ORAS) (btw if you weren't there, it was pretty fun. After we cleared out the illegal set users, it was a blast) and I got a face full of meta from a few people. And they got a face full of MMeta.

That thing is a god.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-175045180
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-175041316
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-175055417
The three of this team doing well. There was a fourth but it wasn't thinking about grabbing replays.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
- Foul Play

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Certainly, this team isn't a world-beater by any definition... it's really the exact opposite. I got lucky a few times in those matches but should've lost a game vs a Lopunny-mega (it missed HJK on P2. I also froze his jirachi with P2 and preceeded to Foul play it to death. However, I might've been able to beat the lopunny with Metamega's bullet punch... Just losing P2 probably would've lost me vs Gliscor).

What I saw... Of the megas I played, Physical Skeptile ranks as the most underwhelming. +3 failed to KO Chansey before it got into range for Meta to finish it off. It would've been deadly had I not had Bullet punch but then again, I let it get to +3 because I thought it was special and didn't really have a fantastic switch. Azumarill is the current "Oh shit it's mence" check. I don't know how it actually fares, can't KO if mence intimidates it and I'm not sure at what point it loses to return.

Chesnaught is going to be AMAZING. Stopped mega swampert cold and carried me so often. Mega Swampert, while it also didn't do much, seemed much more threatening to me. My team got weak and that thing is fast AND powerful. Had I not been thinking about MSwampert, I could've easily taken just a bit too much damage and been swept. And since rain does force Chesnaught to take a lot of chip damage... well, it can be very easy to lose track of his HP, even with drain punch.

Metagross is SO GOOD. I watched the match before the final (last one on the list) and it was doing spectacular there as well. It has an issue with bulk in non-mega (I took 57% from Mega Gard switching in with a non-mega, so it wasn't exactly an easy switch... this is the jolly variant though) but in mega it has gained almost the perfect balance. I'm using it probably incorrectly as a revenge killer and occasional pivot. I've seen it used as a cleaner and bulky attacker. It takes nothing from Zone (50% from scarf set in the match I observed), so that sucks for zone. Honestly, him being on my team made that team go from under average to good...

Loppuny is a hugely underrated threat. Speed+Attack power. It's frail, weak to priority and relies on HJK I know. However, it has great stabs (that aren't even implemented in showdown correctly, so the HJK I felt are going to be much stronger) and a speed to rival MMan. At first glance, the attack is mirroring MMan, but as mentioned earlier, base power counts. Those are wicked high base power moves and they hurt. It took my rhyperior for 88% after one work up without stab. So technically, base loppunny-mega should do that to a rhyperior. And with 64/94/94 bulk, it isn't exactly "Frail". It took adamant Rhyperior's EQ for roughly 70%. Ouch. Should've taken my P2, did take my Chansey. Tbh the only thing stopping that thing from outright sweeping was HJK's acc and meta's priority.

Lastly, beedrill wasn't as effective compared side by side to most of these guys. Especially Lopunny. It has power, yes. However, the rock weakness, stab type and power is a bit of a let down after having experienced these guys. In fact, I was using P2 to stop it, that's how confident I was that it wasn't going to do much.

Well...

0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 255-300 (94 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Beedrill X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 84-99 (22.4 - 26.4%) -- 14.3% chance to 4HKO

I did consider knock off, but wasn't worried in the slightest... P2 is just ridiculous. However, notice I used X-scizzor. X-S is not only stronger, but it also doesn't make Beedrill keep taking rock damage. If it stays in, it's really fast and still only has a few counters. If you're worried about SS skarm, don't be... there are enough other counters that Skarm isn't the only relevant one (P2, Gliscor, Landorus, Aerodactyl, poison types in general and even things like Aggron-m and Rhyperior will all be decent counters...) And this is only looking at counters. MBeedrill has speed, but he'll have multiple checks to take him on that he must respect. If you're using the knock off+U-turn combo to take on stall and skarm but still does insanely well vs fast teams... don't. I sincerely suggest Loppunny. Yes, different stabs and whatnot but speed is right in the same ballpark (aka Fast) and both are getting beat unconditionally by Talonflame. Super cereal, try lopunny out.

Last edited:
So the OU Room held a custom games tour (to try and get some ideas for ORAS) (btw if you weren't there, it was pretty fun. After we cleared out the illegal set users, it was a blast) and I got a face full of meta from a few people. And they got a face full of MMeta.

That thing is a god.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-175045180
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-175041316
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-175055417
The three of this team doing well. There was a fourth but it wasn't thinking about grabbing replays.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
- Foul Play

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Certainly, this team isn't a world-beater by any definition... it's really the exact opposite. I got lucky a few times in those matches but should've lost a game vs a Lopunny-mega (it missed HJK on P2. I also froze his jirachi with P2 and preceeded to Foul play it to death. However, I might've been able to beat the lopunny with Metamega's bullet punch... Just losing P2 probably would've lost me vs Gliscor).

What I saw... Of the megas I played, Physical Skeptile ranks as the most underwhelming. +3 failed to KO Chansey before it got into range for Meta to finish it off. It would've been deadly had I not had Bullet punch but then again, I let it get to +3 because I thought it was special and didn't really have a fantastic switch. Azumarill is the current "Oh shit it's mence" check. I don't know how it actually fares, can't KO if mence intimidates it and I'm not sure at what point it loses to return.

Chesnaught is going to be AMAZING. Stopped mega swampert cold and carried me so often. Mega Swampert, while it also didn't do much, seemed much more threatening to me. My team got weak and that thing is fast AND powerful. Had I not been thinking about MSwampert, I could've easily taken just a bit too much damage and been swept. And since rain does force Chesnaught to take a lot of chip damage... well, it can be very easy to lose track of his HP, even with drain punch.

Metagross is SO GOOD. I watched the match before the final (last one on the list) and it was doing spectacular there as well. It has an issue with bulk in non-mega (I took 57% from Mega Gard switching in with a non-mega, so it wasn't exactly an easy switch... this is the jolly variant though) but in mega it has gained almost the perfect balance. I'm using it probably incorrectly as a revenge killer and occasional pivot. I've seen it used as a cleaner and bulky attacker. It takes nothing from Zone (50% from scarf set in the match I observed), so that sucks for zone. Honestly, him being on my team made that team go from under average to good...

Loppuny is a hugely underrated threat. Speed+Attack power. It's frail, weak to priority and relies on HJK I know. However, it has great stabs (that aren't even implemented in showdown correctly, so the HJK I felt are going to be much stronger) and a speed to rival MMan. At first glance, the attack is mirroring MMan, but as mentioned earlier, base power counts. Those are wicked high base power moves and they hurt. It took my rhyperior for 88% after one work up without stab. So technically, base loppunny-mega should do that to a rhyperior. And with 64/94/94 bulk, it isn't exactly "Frail". It took adamant Rhyperior's EQ for roughly 70%. Ouch. Should've taken my P2, did take my Chansey. Tbh the only thing stopping that thing from outright sweeping was HJK's acc and meta's priority.

Lastly, beedrill wasn't as effective compared side by side to most of these guys. Especially Lopunny. It has power, yes. However, the rock weakness, stab type and power is a bit of a let down after having experienced these guys. In fact, I was using P2 to stop it, that's how confident I was that it wasn't going to do much.

Well...

0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 255-300 (94 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Beedrill X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 84-99 (22.4 - 26.4%) -- 14.3% chance to 4HKO

I did consider knock off, but wasn't worried in the slightest... P2 is just ridiculous. However, notice I used X-scizzor. X-S is not only stronger, but it also doesn't make Beedrill keep taking rock damage. If it stays in, it's really fast and still only has a few counters. If you're worried about SS skarm, don't be... there are enough other counters that Skarm isn't the only relevant one (P2, Gliscor, Landorus, Aerodactyl, poison types in general and even things like Aggron-m and Rhyperior will all be decent counters...) And this is only looking at counters. MBeedrill has speed, but he'll have multiple checks to take him on that he must respect. If you're using the knock off+U-turn combo to take on stall and skarm but still does insanely well vs fast teams... don't. I sincerely suggest Loppunny. Yes, different stabs and whatnot but speed is right in the same ballpark (aka Fast) and both are getting beat unconditionally by Talonflame. Super cereal, try lopunny out.
Idk, i would have thought Scept would have had D-Punch or something to hit harder than leaf blade there. Still dont think full physical is the best idea tho.

and yes, rise of Chestnaught! :D

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Audino maybe? It faces a ton of competition from other walls and Clerics that have more offensive presence or provide similar results without taking up a Mega Slot.

Also it's fucking weird looking and literally any other Gen V Pokemon would have been a better Mega candidate.

So what do you guys think is the worst ORAS Mega Pokemon? Probably Mega Steelix, right?
Audino maybe? It faces a ton of competition from other walls and Clerics that have more offensive presence or provide similar results without taking up a Mega Slot.

Also it's fucking weird looking and literally any other Gen V Pokemon would have been a better Mega candidate.
I'd have to say mega pidgeot. gamefreak wanted it to spammy spam the hurricane and thats it, but if it doesnt get any other special attacks then heat wave + hurricane just doesnt cut it. it actually was better physically, at least it had 2 STABS and u-turn.

give it zap cannon. i don't care if it doesnt make sense, this poor pokemon always sucked and still sucks even with a mega. hell, i'd rather use vivillion with 100% accurate hurricane AND sleep powder.

just becasuse it faces competition on your team makes it BAD though?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It actually would have been a sweet Pokemon if it wasn't a Mega. It mixed bulk nearly on par with Cresselia, a better recovery option in Softboiled for walling, and Wish and Heal Bell for Clericing. Being a Mega means it receives major competition from other Megas, which is compounded with competition with non-Megas makes it difficult to justify using especially when lacking Lefites and Regenerator.

GF seriously didn't really know what they were doing, especially since last time I checked nobody ran Clerics or anything with Healer in VGC.

Personally I feel that the gap between MAudino and the other clerics is smaller than the gap between Mega Aero and other cleaners, or Mega Gyarados and the other DDers. You only have one Mega Slot, and I would rather put that towards a more offensive presence, even on balance teams (where it seems Audino would fit best IMO). I thought Mega Audino was going to be worse, but it's still somewhat underwhelming by Mega standards.

So what do you guys think is the worst ORAS Mega Pokemon? Probably Mega Steelix, right?
I actually watched Toyko Tom use mega steelix and liked the bulk. It certainly isn't the worst. Under sand, it has great defense and really good attack... However, I feel switching that statement to great attack/good defense would've made it better.

I would have to say pidgeot is the worst ORAS mega now. While 100% accuracy hurricane has the cool factor, it only hits marginally harder than life orb Tornadus-T AIR SLASH, which is a huge disappointment. Basically TornT misses out on 5% accurary of 2 moves and Defog, in exchange of Regenerator and the ability to free up a mega slot.
252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 328-385 (85.4 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 422-500 (109.8 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Um, that's not "marginally harder." That's basically the equivalent of giving Tornadus-T a second Life Orb, which is pretty significant. Not to mention the chance for confusion and lack of Life Orb recoil. Mega Pidgeot also has the advantage of Roost to make up for the lack of Regenerator, which is handy. That isn't to say that Mega Pidgeot is going to be a great OU Mega (I honestly doubt it'll get used much at all), but it's certainly not the worst of the new ones. I'd say Mega Audino is looking to be the worst right now given the loss of Regenerator and the competition it receives as a defensive Fairy. I also like the idea of Mega Pidgeot more than Mega Steelix, but we'll see how that plays out in the future.

Mega Glalie. Besides it's awful appearance it's stats are meh and it's gimmick is blowing itself up....as I said a few pages back there are better Megas to put on your team then wasting that slot on a Mega you are gonna blow up in a turn or two.

Well I don't know about all of you, but I'm happy now that I have a fairy that won't be 2hkoed by every dragon out there. Mega Audino might not be the first choice for everyone's mega spot, as everyone wants to be all edgy and cool with the offense crew, but I believe that being able to take hits for your team and supporting your team with status/utility moves for your teammates to either sweep or wallbreak is just as commendable. Defensive mons should be praised, not put aside.

Also, I finally have an answer to that stupid Kyurem-b, that asshole of a pokemon xD.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been using Salamence-Mega, and let me say that I am very impressed. The Naive offensive Dragon Dance set with Return (or Frustration), Earthquake, Dragon Dance, and Fire Blast is particularly equipped to wreck entire teams. After all, the 120 Speed tier means virtually nothing will be catching +1 Salamence-M. Alternatively, I've found that by switching the nature to Jolly and running Substitute over Fire Blast, Salamence-M gets a number of surprise sets up, as Pokemon such as Alomomola, Quagsire, and Mew fail to break the Substitute. Since Substitute is unexpected, Mence will get at least two Dragon Dances under its belt. This, in short, is devastating.

Oh come on, M-Pidgeot is most certainly not the worst of the megas! 252 SpA Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro: 154-183 (39 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery(and I'm assuming most will be invested in physical defense). Surely it can't be that bad. And with SR:252 SpA Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro: 154-183 (39 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Also:252 SpA Pidgeot Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Skarmory: 194-230 (58 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Yeah, I agree M-Pidgeot is far from the best, but it is far from the worst.
Edit: I should mention the M-Pidgeot had a timid nature. It would have done more if it were modest, obviously.
Edit: I sound like a moron; megas don't have leftovers,LOL. Amazing that I forgot such a simple fact about pokemon.

I may be opening a huge can of worms, but anyone think mLatios is a bit. . . Stupid? LO latios hits harder iinm, and defogs. The only reason to use mTios over LO latios is for a DD(mixed) set. But, why use that when there are better DDancers out right now. It's a pointless mega imo.

I wouldn't word it like he did, but I'm gonna have to agree that Audino doesn't look really good. I mean, it's significantly better than I thought it would cause they really pumped its defenses. And yeah, it's really bulky, but that's it. It has a non-functional ability, and it's so passive. Walling things isn't good when you can't actually do anything back and/or are massively exploitable... just look at Chansey. If you're looking for a defensive Fairy type mega, I'd really rather choose Altaria who can actually dish out some pain, and the secondary Dragon typing is really helpful. Normal is bad... and it hinders what is often expected of defensive Fairy types: checking Fighting types. But idk, it could be cool like Cresselia (who's not that cool) in that it's just so freaking bulky and has a very wide movepool.

Like Audino might be able to pull off a cool Calm Mind set? But then why choose it over Slowbro.

But overall I'm gonna have to say Glalie is the worst mega. Like I can't think of a justifiable reason to use it over Weavile (why didn't Weavile get mega gf QQ.) LO Weavile is somewhat weaker (before you calc it with Ice Punch, remember that Icicle Crash is now legal with Knock Off, and that its Ice Shard is stronger,) and less bulky (but lol they're both Ice types and 80/80/80 isn't tanking all that much either,) but in return it's significantly faster, has a secondary (and very good, offensively) STAB, and Swords Dance.

But of course, it not only facing competition from Weavile (and Mamoswine I guess,) but every single mega form. Which comes to my next point: Weavile doesn't have Refrigerate Explosion. But Refrigerate Explosion is really not that good. If you want something with a borderline untankable move, why not Mega Medicham, Heracross or Gardevoir? HJK, Pin Missile/CC and Pixilate Hyper Voice obviously don't have as much power, but you can use them more than once. All of these megas are devastatingly powerful and severely dent/outright KO anything that's not a dedicated check, and unlike Glalie they can keep firing off their unnecessarily strong STAB moves.

It's a significant improvement over its base form but I still don't think it's terribly useful.

Unless Moody gets unbanned

Which it won't

What, why is your tornadus-t not running max speed :O?

Also that Beedrill deserves a medal for being awesome and for killing greninja and chesnaught.
my tornadus-t is rather weird since i run max hp and spread the rest between speed and and special def so i can make full use of regenerator. *edit* forgot to say it using a assault vest.
Also another beedrill match of me getting my arse handed by a beedrill.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-175110033

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)