Abomasnow (QC 2/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overview
########

-Causes instant weather, breaking sashes
-Fares well when switching in on Kyogre, using hail to weaken Water Spout
-Terrible typing defensively, weak to 7 different types, including the x4 fire weakness
-Has a hard time switching in on most things not named Kyogre, especially if rocks are down
-Mega sacrifices Leftovers for bulk and power

Leech Seed
########
name: Leech Seed
move 1: Leech Seed
move 2: Blizzard
move 3: Protect
move 4: Substitute / Grass Knot
ability: Snow Warning
item: Leftovers / Abomasite
evs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========

-Leech Seed plus hail damage can quickly wear out the opposing team, and give you some HP back along with it
-Blizzard is a reliable STAB (under hail) that doesn't hit too hard, but for its base power and never to miss out of hail, is a handy move
-Protect helps you stack more residual damage/gain HP from Leech Seed, and scout for choiced moves from Zekrom/Xerneas/Ho-oh
-Substitute works well in conjunction with Leech Seed and Protect, stalling out the opposing team longer
-Grass Knot can be used over Substitute to deal hard damage to Kyogre/Hippowdon/Groudon (who you shouldn't be staying in on anyways)
-You could also go with Rock Tomb/Slide to hit Ho-oh on the switch

Set Details
========

-248 HP for an odd HP number, and being able to switch into Rocks 4 times
-Max HP and SpD for maximum bulk, handy for tanking multiple Scarf/Specs Water Spouts from full HP
-Leftovers paired with Leech Seed increases your longevity greatly
-Abomasite can be used for more bulk and power, but for a decrease in speed and more importantly the loss of Leftovers

Usage Tips
========

-Don't fear to switch into Kyogre, specs or not
-Soak up any Water moves, force out Ground types
-Avoid status
-Try to get Subs up as often as possible, offense hates the residual damage while stall is annoyed by the sub itself

Team Options
========

-Defogger
-Synergy (Heatran covers up all weaknesses bar Fighting)
-Cleric, since it's really prone to status
-Wish passing helps when coming in on Rocks
-VoltTurn

Other Options
########

-Ice Shard
-Toxic
-Don't use Soundproof

Checks & Counters
########

-Since it has many weaknesses, it is easy to force out (if it isn't behind a sub, practically anything will force it to switch or take heavy damage)
-Status in general
-Hazards, switching into them (especially anything more than Rocks)
-Stallbreakers force it into using Blizzard/Grass Knot

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mention Rock Slide/Tomb to hit Ho-oh on the switch. Other than that, I can't see much wrong with this

qc 1/3

Reactions: Muk
Eh I doubt Abo would work in TR since its Sp Atk stat is mediocre compared to the huge Uber stats, and I can see its matchup tanking hits and easily revenging (Ho-oh, Mewtwo, Palkia, Scizor, a bulkier Yveltal). I've never tried TR though so I wouldn't know

I've tried Trick Room with Mega Abomasnow before, it's not that good, it doesn't get enough power OHKO crucial pokemon like Palkia, Mewtwo, Arceus, gets whittled pretty easily since most priority users are good enough to stop it (Scizor, Ekiller, etc..). Not to mention, it doesn't have a complete enough coverage to make it a good Trick Room sweeper. Some people say that about Victini too but the difference is that Victini does have the U-turn to make it up for the incomplete coverage that it might provide.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know this has 2 stamps but tbh Abomasnow kind of sucks. It loses to almost everything that isn't Kyogre and even then its a shaky Kyogre check due to meh defenses and Stealth Rock weakness. Ferrothorn does pretty much everything Abomasnow can do except better. I honestly don't see any real reason to run it on a serious team.

QC Rejected 1/3

dice Melee Mewtwo Hack Sweep

rejecting, will kill move thread in a couple hours

rip ~ an unnamed mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)