Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
252 Atk/ 4 def/ 252 Spd
Adamant
-Lovely kiss/ protect/ Thunder Punch
-Drain punch/ High Jump Kick
-Extremespeed
-Belly Drum

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 547-645 (163.7 - 193.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 118-141 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 112-133 (28.4 - 33.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 316-373 (94.6 - 111.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 222-261 (64.5 - 75.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 415-490 (120.6 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252+ Atk Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 576-680 (149.6 - 176.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252+ Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 411-484 (123 - 144.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252+ Atk Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 237-280 (70.9 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 366-432 (103.3 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aerodactyl: 419-493 (139.2 - 163.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+5 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 400-472 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 226-267 (71.2 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+4 252+ Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 411-484 (123 - 144.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 297-349 (88.9 - 104.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 382-450 (90.9 - 107.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 279-328 (70.8 - 83.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
^Mega stats are accounted for

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 350-412 (88.8 - 104.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
^Mega stats accounted for

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 237-280 (83.4 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 385-454 (135.5 - 159.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 328-387 (102.8 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 297-349 (86.3 - 101.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Diggersby Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 108-127 (39.8 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 117-138 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 90-106 (33.2 - 39.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 95-113 (35 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 127-150 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 84-100 (30.9 - 36.9%) -- 72.8% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 100-118 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

There is honestly almost nothing to stop this thing if it manages to set up. The only thing which is able to "reliably" revenge kill it (after a BD that is, so 50%) is max hp mega scizor, and EVEN THEN IT CAN OHKO WITH A RESISTED EXTREMESPEED GIVEN A LAYER OF SPIKES AND STEALTH ROCKS. Even Diggersby has to run life orb, an item that gives it recoil near equivalent to Ursaring, just to be able to revenge kill the bunny WITH A ROLL. Honestly, to me this looks like the XY Remix of Gen V Sawsbuck, except without the 4mss; It's exremely easy to find setup options and its naturally blindingly fast, as well as being able to recover off lost hp from its BD. The only way I see of beating it as of now is coming in on a lovely kiss with a sleep talker (which won't work if they predict the switch), using mega-Scizor and hoping for a roll(which wont work if there's multiple hazards up or Scizor's taken 30ish% prior), getting two uninterrupted fake outs (won't work if they predict a switch and drain punch), using klefki to cripple it and follow up with an espeeder (which won't work if they have all hazards or klefki's taken 29% prior), sash Alakazam (which won't work if they're jolly as opposed to adamant and hit the second lovely kiss), or Cofagrigus or an unaware user(which looks like the best idea so far). Is there any way to beat this bunny? If we do decide to keep it legal, i think bringing mega-Mawile back to hopefully try and add another check to the mix.

EDIT: I may have gone a little too far saying nothing stops it once it gets going, as there are always methods of revenge killing. Especially since almost all of these calcs require rocks to break sashes and sturdies and give the slight prior damage, since a lot of defensive walls are just above the OHKO range. However, King Shielding with Skarm is only a minor setback too, dealing 70-80% at +4 with drain punch, taking a median of 129 hp bringing you back to 96%, leaving you with enough boosts and hp to either sweep then or switch in and try again later. Or you can still just OHKO with HJK (just added calcs). Also on the topic of coverage moves, protect was already being run on some kanga who were paranoid about fake out, and thunderpunch is only listed in case people become willing to sacrifice their mega slot in order for them to be able to check a different mega.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
There is honestly almost nothing to stop this thing if it manages to set up. The only thing which is able to "reliably" revenge kill it (after a BD that is, so 50%) is max hp mega scizor, and EVEN THEN IT CAN OHKO WITH A RESISTED EXTREMESPEED GIVEN A LAYER OF SPIKES AND STEALTH ROCKS. Even Diggersby has to run life orb, an item that gives it recoil near equivalent to Ursaring, just to be able to revenge kill the bunny WITH A ROLL. Honestly, to me this looks like the XY Remix of Gen V Sawsbuck, except without the 4mss; It's exremely easy to find setup options and its naturally blindingly fast, as well as being able to recover off lost hp from its BD. The only way I see of beating it as of now is coming in on a lovely kiss with a sleep talker (which won't work if they predict the switch), using mega-Scizor and hoping for a roll(which wont work if there's multiple hazards up or Scizor's taken 30ish% prior), getting two uninterrupted fake outs (won't work if they predict a switch and drain punch), using klefki to cripple it and follow up with an espeeder (which won't work if they have all hazards or klefki's taken 29% prior), sash Alakazam (which won't work if they're jolly as opposed to adamant and hit the second lovely kiss), or Cofagrigus or an unaware user(which looks like the best idea so far). Is there any way to beat this bunny? If we do decide to keep it legal, i think bringing mega-Mawile back to hopefully try and add another check to the mix.
If Skarmory switches in while it Belly Drums and Sleep clause is active, it can King's Shield next turn, which will really hurt if Lopunny is running High Jump Kick. King's Shield in general will water down Lopunny since all its attacks make contact. A smart Lopunny player will use Belly Drum again to burn the King's Shield turn, but then again if Skarmory has Sturdy active it can Whirlwind out, which puts pressure on the Lopunny player to attack. It's basically a pseudo-Sucker Punch situation, so some clever prediction can halt a potential run.

Heatran is in a similar boat, but lacks Sturdy. I've even seen more Scizor running King's Shield lately, too. I think the problem Lopunny will face most often will be choosing Lovely Kiss over Protect. Lovely Kiss can shut down a check but Protect prevents Fake Out revengers. It can't run both if it wants BD, Normal STAB, and Fighting STAB, and without one it's vulnerable somewhere. And that's even before you talk about running another coverage move like Thunder Punch to hit Mega Slowbro. On top of that, it's limited to holding the mega stone, unlike other Belly Drummers who often carry Sitrus Berries to make revenging them harder and don't have to resort to Protect.

I don't doubt Lopunny will be a dangerous new threat to prepare for, but I'm leery of its purported borderline brokenness. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out on the sim to know for sure.

STABmons:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The ultimate Cosmic Power abuser. You need to take out every Dark Type pokemon (coincidentally the only pokemon with access to Topsy-Turvy). Heart Swap users are also dangerous but less common. You could also replace Cosmic Power or Sleep Talk with Scald in order to be much more useful mid-game but that will make it harder to let it sweep in a last mon situation. I'm dying to try this. Toxic Spikes Support, something to murder Sableye (and other dark mons) are all this set really needs (Maybe ingrain support?)

Last edited:
Updated with sets now! Please, remember this format:
Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
x Nature
-
-
-
-
And please put spaces between slashes and after - u_u. It makes updating so much easier for me. Also, don't forget descriptions or I won't add them ;o. And if I deem the set unviable, I won't add it. Thank you guys for good contributions so far :).

[Groudon-Primal]

Between stat distribution, Sheer Force, and potential to destroy multiple targets with spread moves, Mega Camerupt looks like a fantastic mixed attacker on a Trick Room team in Triples.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock (rather moot, because you'll be mega evolving quickly)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA (can be adjusted as necessary)
Brave / Quiet Nature (pick the appropriate one for your spread)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Rock Slide

With 0 IVs and a negative nature, Mega Camerupt has a Speed stat of 40 at level 100, meaning it is outslowed by pretty much nothing. Protect is to give Camerupt a free turn to mega evolve because its bulk isn't that great while something else sets up TR. EQ and EP have their pros and cons; EQ hits all opponents but hits teammates as well and doesn't get a SF boost, while EP does get the boost but only hits one target. Heat Wave and Rock Slide are effective spread moves that only hit opponents and get SF boosted.

Assuming Slowmons is still alive, Megarupt can work pretty well there too. You'd definitely want to use Earth Power there, plus ditch Heat Wave for Fire Blast. Gonna post that set for posterity and because we're all ridiculously lazy here:

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock (rather moot, because you'll be mega evolving quickly)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA (can be adjusted as necessary)
Brave / Quiet Nature (pick the appropriate one for your spread)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Almost Any Ability

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Not the most imaginative set, but an effective one nonetheless. Switch in to activate Drizzle and then Mega Evolve and abuse Swift Swim. Works well on dedicated rain teams as well as teams just looking for a hard hitting late game sweeper. Mega Swampert's excellent bulk also allows it to tank some of the hardest hitting priority attacks in the meta

252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert: 285-336 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Honchkrow Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert: 224-265 (65.6 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert: 117-138 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert: 269-317 (78.8 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

BH

Slowbro-Mega @ Life Orb / Anything you deem necessary
Ability: No Guard
EVs:252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 SpD or 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Steam Eruption
- Inferno / Magma Storm

I run Life Orb because my team that uses this is hyper offensive with the only item being Life Orb, so...
This thing is an amazing tank. No guard so it can hit really hard with powerful moves. The EVs are quite obvious. Modest nature to kill as many things as possible before dying.

This thing checks a lot of threats, such as boomburst from a 4 spA mega rayquaza, whom it then ohkos with blizzard. If you run the four speed, it can outspeed and heavily damage other defensive mega slowbros with thunder. Magma storm can destroy an unexpecting shedinja. Steam eruption can easily ohko mega groudon. It can damage and burn a mega mewtwo-x after surviving a v-create with Inferno, if you chose it.

Another benefit of this is that most people run a defensive set, so they don't expect to be hit with powerful attacks. They often switch into a mon that then gets killed or injured.

I forgot to add life orb in most calcs. So some of them deal less damage then they should.

4 SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Slowbro: 334-394 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Slowbro Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rayquaza: 686-811 (195.4 - 231%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Slowbro Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Slowbro: 316-372 (80.2 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 864-1020 (213.8 - 252.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (changed the power of scald)
252+ SpA Slowbro Incinerate vs. -1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mewtwo X: 180-212 (43.2 - 50.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO (changed power)
252+ SpA Life Orb Slowbro Thunder vs. 248 HP / 0+ SpD Kyogre: 208-247 (51.6 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

this is my newest BH team involving nothing that was before ORAS:

Diancite (Diancie-Mega) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Extreme Speed
- Last Resort
- Diamond Storm

MegaKnight (Metagross-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Meteor Mash
- Thousand Arrows
- Bolt Strike

2OPPLSNERF (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 44 SpA / 68 SpD
Serious Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave

I Think This Was A Bad Idea (Slowbro-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 4 SpA / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Steam Eruption

Beluga (Kyogre-Primal) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Protect
- Steam Eruption
- Freeze-Dry

LolFail (Sableye-Mega) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recycle
- Destiny Bond
- King's Shield
- Reflect Type
*Sableye is the weak link here, give a suggestion for what to do with this last slot*

Let me go ahead and get these out of the way before someone else ninjas them from me.

Balanced Hackmons

Rayquaza-Mega @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Sp. A / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Tail Glow

During X/Y, I chose Shaymin-Sky for my Quick Feet set since its speed allowed it to outspeed the entire unboosted meta after a Quick Feet boost whereas Rayquaza couldn't quite pull that off. However, now that Rayquaza is at 115 speed, that's not so much of an issue. This set is quite literally the same as my Quick Feet Skymin set, except Rayquaza will be the better abuser in the majority of situations. Also, like Skymin, this set is very Imposter resistant since at +3 Rayquaza outspeeds Chansey and OHKOs with Ice Beam. At +0, it does ~50% to Eviolite Chansey and ~75% to non-Eviolite Chansey, meaning it can take out damaged Imposters without a boost.

Anyway, for the uninitiated, this is a clean-up sweeper set once Rayquaza's checks are significantly weakened or removed, most notably -ate priority abusers. Once the stage is set, just simply find a safe moment to switch in, get a Tail Glow boost, and then proceed to plow through the remainder of the opposing team. Oblivion Wing keeps Rayquaza healthy, allowing it to effectively ignore both the residual damage from its burn and damage from stray attacks. Ice Beam is, as said, anti-Imposter, though is handy against weak targets too, like Yveltal. Earth Power allows Rayquaza to bypass Steel and Rock types this set might otherwise have difficulties with.

Also, Rayquaza can run the below Flare Boost instead. However, you'll need an Imposter check then since beating Chansey will be a 50/50 otherwise. In that instance, you may want to swap Ice Beam for a Dragon STAB, such as Spacial Rend or Dragon Pulse.

Sceptile-Mega @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
EVs: 252 Sp. A / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spacial Rend
- Earth Power
- Tail Glow

Meanwhile, if you're wanting the Giga Drain variant of my Skymin set, Sceptile does it better now. It has both higher speed, higher power, and about the same bulk. The nifty thing is that Sceptile has 145 speed, meaning it can pretty much try to set-up and pull a sweep without Sticky Web support to catch the Mewtwos and the occasional Deoxys-S. It functions very similarly to the Rayquaza set above and the two are very interchangeable, depending on your needs

Also, Sceptile can run the above Quick Feet set without any modifications to the movepool.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
More like UNbalanced hackmons with this monstrosity running around amirite
Brokenalanced Hackmons

Rayquaza-Mega @ literally just about anything no seriously slap an assault vest on this and it breaks the meta with a little more sdef
Ability: Aerilate/Parental Bond (lets gibe it p bond becos itll be banned along with pbond soon enough)
EVs: attack/spatk n speed
whatever nature you want heck run timid explosion u still ohko everything lol
- boomburst
- fake out
- extremespeed
- thousand arrows/explosion

step one: send out mega ray
step two: click move
step thre: watch mass genocide happen in front of ur very eyes
step for: listen to adrians bitter weeping
step five: win
step six: wait for ban

No but seriously from what i can see this thing is .borke af. the old BH could barely handle aerayilate and i doubt the new one can handle it much better and from what other users have posted it looks like my speculations are right. stupid high attackin stats, good bulk n speed now and 100% more windchimes make this mon broken on paper and in practice as well from what i know i just thought id share with bh to rayse awareness.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I'm surprised no one has said this.

AAA

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower / Rain Dance

Pretty much the same idea as Sand Stream Garchomp, except with Speed rather than power. Spread outspeeds Mega Sceptile in rain, which is cute. Move set is kind of standard imo - rain dance can be used for multiple boosts after you mega while Superpower hits shit like Ferro. Pretty fun good times.

edit: fuk u w0rd and fuk me for not knowing how to read ;_; (ilu)

since I'm silly have another STABmons M-Beedrill

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Drill Run / Megahorn / Knock Off
- Protect

This set is less Coil set-up and more hit-and-run monster. Protect is needed because Beedrill's abysmal 70 speed pre-mega needs Protect in order to mega safely. U-Turn is the main reason to use this. Megahorn is cute and all, but U-Turn is much better imo because if Beedrill doesn't kill then it dies unless it U-Turns. Plus you have Gunk Shot for insanely powerful STAB. Drill Run is for Heatran because Heatran sux, although if you really want Megahorn I'd put it here. Koff is always an option on any physical attack.

and since I'm at it STABmons Support M-Altaria

Altaria @ Altarite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful or Calm Nature
- Milk Drink / Roost / Recover / Slack Off
- Rapid Spin
- Extreme Speed / Boomburst
- Fake Out / Lovely Kiss / Heal Bell / Baton Pass

So M-Altaria is pretty much the new Sylveon, and the support set is no exception. The choice of recovery is crucial - Milk Drink is the best, recovering 50% of your HP. However, Roost is flying-type and has move coverage. Recover will heal 1/2 of your health, which is good. Slack Off is just lazy. Pixilate Rapid Spin blows Defog out of the water. Espeed vs Boomburst is subjective - one is stupidly powerful even without investment, the other is ESpeed. Fake Out is great if you're using ESpeed, but the other options are fantastic too. Lovely Kiss is great if you don't have another sleep user, Heal Bell is good if you need a cleric, and Baton Pass is there if you need momentum. Physically Defensive is an option - tbh idk what would be better, but defensive m-altaria is 3legit3quit.

Last edited:
Camerupt@Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock(for sheer force)
EVs 4 HP/252 Att/252 SpA
Naive Nature
Blue Flare
Earth Power
Rock Slide
Flash Cannon
You should run a spread of 252 Hp/4 Atk/252 Spa with a Quiet nature, and have Toxic and Will-o-Wisp slashed over Flash Cannon. Rock Slide should O/2HKO everything it needs to without investment, and you don't have any other physical attacks so why bother putting all those EVs into attack? Also Camerupt is already slower than a bag of bricks so there's no need to use a SpD lowering nature.

AAA
Dry Skin Mega Camerupt is now quite strong in AAA with rain support.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Curse
- Protect / Iron Head

With max SpD investments, very few special attackers can even manage a 2HKO, especially with rain support. With only one weakness now Camerupt can find many opportunities to set up and is very potent after just 1 Curse.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
AAA
Dry Skin Mega Camerupt is now quite strong in AAA with rain support.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Curse
- Protect / Iron Head

With max SpD investments, very few special attackers can even manage a 2HKO, especially with rain support. With only one weakness now Camerupt can find many opportunities to set up and is very potent after just 1 Curse.
The one problem with that is that you lose dry skin upon mega-evolution.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
More like UNbalanced hackmons with this monstrosity running around amirite
Brokenalanced Hackmons

Rayquaza-Mega @ literally just about anything no seriously slap an assault vest on this and it breaks the meta with a little more sdef
Ability: Aerilate/Parental Bond (lets gibe it p bond becos itll be banned along with pbond soon enough)
EVs: attack/spatk n speed
whatever nature you want heck run timid explosion u still ohko everything lol
- boomburst
- fake out
- extremespeed
- thousand arrows/explosion

step one: send out mega ray
step two: click move
step thre: watch mass genocide happen in front of ur very eyes
step for: listen to adrians bitter weeping
step five: win
step six: wait for ban

No but seriously from what i can see this thing is .borke af. the old BH could barely handle aerayilate and i doubt the new one can handle it much better and from what other users have posted it looks like my speculations are right. stupid high attackin stats, good bulk n speed now and 100% more windchimes make this mon broken on paper and in practice as well from what i know i just thought id share with bh to rayse awareness.
Nice job taking my set, changing a few things, and then reposting it.

Ok I'll drop my steelix cause seriously, this thing is amazing -ate check

Balanced Hackmons

Steelix-Mega @ Rocky Helmet / Steelixnite / Lefties
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heal Order
- Gyro Ball / Gear Grind / Thousand Arrows
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Defog / Heal Bell / Filler

So when people look at Steelix's new mega, the thing they notice is that its basicly more specially defensive mega aggron with added ground typing, typically the added ground typing breaks ice resistance which is a big turn off.
But this makes it a perfect canditate for a bit more forgotten ability; Thick Fat, giving it the ice resistance and basicly removing fire weakness. which is a major thing when most of the -ate users tend to carry magma storm or v-create for purpose of breaking through mega aggron and registeel. Heal order or other recovery is crucial for survival, rest of the moves should be fit for users needs and team. A stab move is always good thing to carry, gyro ball can be deadly against the fast sweepers of the meta but gear grind can be more reliable, and they keep kyurem's and fairies in check. Thousand arrows is amazing coverage thus should not be out looked. Being super slow, mega steelix is also good for the little momentum of using parting shot and u turn, and being pretty much ensured going last. Final slot is up to user really, but defog and heal bell are best fill ins for team support that need to be mentioned.

Some calculations to show you that thick fat isn't a waste of ability slot for steelix-mega:
252+ Atk Kyurem-B V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Steelix: 126-150 (35.5 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Steelix: 55-66 (15.5 - 18.6%) -- possible 6HKO
252 SpA Refrigerate Kyurem-W Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Steelix: 135-160 (38.1 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 73-86 (20.6 - 24.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO (changed to reflect the mega's stats)
252 SpA Rayquaza Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Steelix: 104-124 (29.3 - 35%) -- 13.2% chance to 3HKO (changed to reflect the mega's stats)

ORAS OU.

Slowbro-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

When I first saw the releases for the ORAS megas, I thought Mega-Metagross was going to run everything. After seeing this monster, I've had a change of heart. Slowbro has very little checks yet, but as the ORAS ladder progress and after release, this could change. Even the fact that he has an ability that does, well hardly anything, he is still a massive tank that can wall almost everything the game has to offer with it's insane 180 Base Def stat. When I first started using him I gave him a little portion of Special defense Ev's but after doing some calculations I realized that they have little to no effect. Pokemon that are going to OK-KO him still OK-KO him and Pokemon that can't OK-KO him still can't OK-KO him and it doesn't make the damage hardly any less. It makes little difference to have those investments when they'll fit much better in his Def stat, along-side that is calm mind which will give him a bit of Special defense to take Gengar's shadow ball or Rotom-W's volt switch just a little easier.

Set details.

The first thing you want to do with Mega-Slowbro is set up a calm mind, that is if he's in the right position to do so, such as if your opponent has a Pokemon that can't do any damage to Slowbro that gives you that free turn to set that one calm mind up. I've found that one calm mind is just enough for Mega-Slowbro but if the free turns keep pouring in, I see no reason not to set more up! Next is his amazing combo of rest and sleep talk. Slowbro will be taking hits left and right and be getting burned and poisoned, your opponent is going to try and wall break this thing, but he will fail! After Slowbro has been worn down with status and chip damage, you can simply, Rest it off and proceed to sleep talk, during rest you may set up more calm minds, or hit scalds either way Slowbro has max heath and is still using turns efficiently, although their is always the chance that sleep talk will fail (By using rest) it's not that common, and it is defiantly worth it. Scald is self explanatory-It's Slowbro's primary STAB move and with it doing little damage with his low Special attack stat with no EV's it's main purpose is to burn those physical attackers, you know the ones that can't kill him, hahaha.

Threats

No Pokemon comes without flaws, this being said slowbro does have some threats currently. Though he has these threats, this isn't a 1v1, slowbro can switch out into a a counter check!

Mega-Sceptile

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Filler

Mega-Sceptile takes out Mega-Slowbro with Ease! Once mega-sceptile mega evolves all it takes is a energy ball to take him right out, sitting with a Mega-Sceptile is not a preferred way to use Mega-Slowbro.

Thundurus

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid/Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Thundurus also takes Mega-Slowbro out with no issues at all. Again all it takes is one hit-his thunderbolt to take Mega-Slowbro out! you sit in with a thundurus, your gonna have a bad time!

Latios

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf/Life orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid/Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- EQ/Surf/HP Fire

Unlike Thundurus and Mega-Sceptile, Latios is unable to guarantee an OH-KO, but Latios has no issues dealing with Mega-Slowbro at all. His Draco meteor has a nice chance to OH-KO him, and if it doesn't he'll simply kill next turn, in the odd situation that the player leaves his Slowbro out to die. Most likely Latios will be forcing a switch, along with the rest of the pokemon on this list, gaining free turns.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
One of gengar's sets that can be a threat to Mega-Slowbro, with Gengar's Great Special attack and his STAB shadow ball. Mega-Slowbro won't appreciate a hit from him at all! With a good chance to OH-KO, Gengar will more than likely force Mega-slowbro's switch out, allowing the player to gain a free substitute. Along side that Gengar out speeds easy letting him taunt Slowbro to prevent him from setting up calm minds or resting, and Will-O-Wisp to stall break. Though I don't see Wilo-O-Wisp necessary unless the player has Special defense investments on Mega-Slowbro.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt

Mega-Manectric, along with other electric types have no issue taking Slowbro out with STAB electric moves to hit for super effective damage against Slowbro. Knowing that Slowbro won't sit with a manectric this allows the player to use volt switch and gain momentum in the battle.

The only main threats to mega slowbro, are Pokemon that have great special attack and can hit him for super effective damage, and pokemon with the ability Water Absorb or Storm Drain(Thanks Rumors). For the most part when slowbro's checks are brought out to the table, they'll gain a free turn, considering their is no reason at all for Slowbro to stay in when he has no chance surviving against these pokemon. It is suggested that you have a Pokemon that can cover most of slowbro's weaknesses and who is capable of taking in a special attack. Since Mega-Slowbro's main threats are, Electric and Grass I figure why not use a Venusaur? Mega-Slowbro also covers Venusaur's weakness to psychic, ice, and fire. making them a great combo in my eyes. As for the Ev's I'd play mostly Special defense EV's with max bulk, and maybe some Defense EV's but not much.

Calculations

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 302-356 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 348-410 (88.3 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Sceptile Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 422-498 (107.1 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 491-580 (124.6 - 147.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 364-430 (92.3 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Thrash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 144-169 (36.5 - 42.8%) -- 97.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 398-470 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I found no need to calculate any other physical attacks. 252+ Stab Thrash does nothing to Slowbro, the list of physical attacks he can endure go on and on, and I see no reason to list them all.

Conclusion
Mega-Slowbro is a fantastic wall and deadly pokemon. He has the ability to withstand some of the most powerful physical hits. Stall breakers have trouble against mega-Slowbro due to his Rest/Sleep talk combo, this set allows him to rest off any status and regain his heath back from chip damage, along with still being able to use moves during sleep. He has moderate special defense tolerance, but after a calm mind most moves that don't hit for super effective damage won't do much to him at all. No pokemon comes without flaws, Mega-Slowbro has many Pokemon that can OH-KO him with ease, knowing this allows the player to gain the edge on the oppenent to set up free turns on Mega-Slowbro. This is a set back for Slowbro but his pros out weigh his cons. If more checks aren't found, or the meta game doesn't change drastically with the release of ORAS, I think Mega-Slowbro may be sitting in Ubers.

Reminder: This is all my opinion, if you disagree feel free to reply, hateful reply's will be ignored.

Last edited:
Watericekiller You should add Manectric to the list of checks/counters. It has a good shot of OHKOing with Thunderbolt, or will guarantee it if Modest instead of Timid, and can also threaten with a high damage Volt Switch, which would either inflict crippling damage to Slowbro or let the Manectric player respond to your switch. Even at +1 Sp. D from CM, Slowbro does not want to take a hit from it.

Also, anything with Water Absorb or Storm Drain pretty much counters the set. Especially if it packs set-up or Taunt to prevent PP stall.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
No monotype yet so I thought I'd add:

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator -> Healer
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam / Draining Kiss / Knock Off

Thanks to it's new added Fairy typing, Audino can now take the role of Knock Off absorber for normal mono teams, something which is greatly appreciated when two of the common members of the normal backbone depends heavily on Eviolite, Chansey and Porygon2. While it's true that it can't take on Bisharp, it can take on pretty much any other user of the move thanks to excellent 103 / 126 / 126 bulk and resistance to the move. Chansey can pass bigger wishes, however running it on Audino frees up slots on Chansey for options such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. With a Physically Defensive spread and neutrality to Fighting Type attacks, it can take some of the burden off bulky Staraptor in dealing with these threats.

Last edited:
No monotype yet so I thought I'd add:

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator -> Healer
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off / Return

Thanks to it's new added Fairy typing, Audino can now take the role of Knock Off absorber for normal mono teams, something which is greatly appreciated when two of the common members of the normal backbone depends heavily on Eviolite, Chansey and Porygon2. While it's true that it can't take on Bisharp, it can take on pretty much any other user of the move thanks to excellent 103 / 126 / 126 bulk and resistance to the move. Chansey can pass bigger wishes, however running it on Audino frees up slots on Chansey for options such as Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. With a Physically Defensive spread and neutrality to Fighting Type attacks, it can take some of the burden off bulky Staraptor in dealing with these threats.
Maybe you should use D-Gleam or Draining Kiss over Knock Off or Return. M-Audino does have a higher SpA after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)