Masquerain [0/3]

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Discussed with QC and got approval:
I'd imagine Masquerain's best bet at using Sticky Web in the meta is attempting both QuiverPass alongside it. Yes, I myself said that it is too hard / near impossible for it to do, but that didn't stop Toxic Spikes + Sticky Web Ariados did it? The point is that it prevents Masquerain from being easily hard countered, as it can fulfill one of its two niches should the opponent have a hard stop to one of its moves.

QuiverPass + Sticky Web
########
name: QuiverPass + Sticky Web
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Bug Buzz
move 4: Sticky Web
ability: Intimidate
item: Focus Sash / Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

The set may be tweaked (most notably EVs), but either a QuiverPass Masqy that threatens Web would make the best use of Masqy's qualities. Sure it has anti-lead moves such as Scald and Energy Ball but Leavanny does a far better job at that. It can either safely throw out Web turn 1, or if something like a Xatu, Cryogonal, or Mantine rears their ugly head, then Masquerain can instead resort to QuiverPass to remain useful, which is more than what can be said for other Webbers.
Also Roost + QuiverPass is pretty bad; it finds it too hard to set up much in the meta due to status or initially faster things killing it.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
to be honest i dont think it can do both. its more of a two options: use web if you think web will be more helpful, and if your opponent's isnt that weak to web, set up with masquerain and pass the boost. I can't think of many situations where it will be able to do both Punchshroom

Punchshroom

to be honest i dont think it can do both. its more of a two options: use web if you think web will be more helpful, and if your opponent's isnt that weak to web, set up with masquerain and pass the boost. I can't think of many situations where it will be able to do both Punchshroom
Pretty sure I've established that with my Ariados analogy. Yes, it never gets to do both unless it gets lucky, but unlike Ariados its niches are stopped by different means, meaning it usually gets to do one (and only one :( ) of its jobs as the opponent sends in the inappropriate counter, but that's better than having its entire existence invalidated by a single mon / move.

I use Masquerain a lot and find that he is able to both set up webs and quiver pass about a quarter of the time. I also use ice beam as the attacking move, as this 2HKOes lead archeops nicely (if you predict the taunt), lets you quiver and then kill xatu if they switch in predicting web and also can do good damage to sandlash

Punchshroom

You can probably mention different mono-attacks such as Ice Beam, Air Slash, Scald or w/e to replace Bug Buzz in the Moves section; Bug Buzz tends to be the safer bet since it is Masquerain's strongest move and can strike the pixies (Uxie & Mesprit).

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Swagalge you need to update this for ORAS as well as make sure you have the proper format for your current stage in the QC process, stuff needs to be in bullet points and your C&C section isn't formatted properly. You have 24 hours to respond to this and 72 hours to update this or it will be reassigned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)