XY OU Charizard X and Mamoswine RMT (Peaked 1794)

Since I do have the screenshot, but it is kinda small, I did manage to rank pretty high with this fun team
EDIT: peaked 1794 :]

So I finally decided to make a team of my own. But I really wanted to make a team to check most threats in the OU format, ore ORAS of course. And what better guy that checks most threats than Mamoswine, plus a few more guys. Originally, this team was built around Mega Zard X to counter Mews cause those space fetuses are really annoying. And then I just put some guys to check the most common threats. So without further ado, let me get into the team

Charizard (F) @ Charzardite X
Ability: Blaze
EV: 72 HP, 252 Atk, 184 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

I really wanna say I made this set, but all I did was just change the EVs. 184 Spd with a Jolly Nature insures that you outspeed max Spd Jolly Scarf Landorus-T after 1 DD. This set is mainly to counter Mew because they usually don't run Toxic. Mews can taunt this thing, but in the long run, Zard X is the one that will be victorious. This thing is threatened by Scarf Kyu-B and other Scarf Pokemon with over 91 Base Speed, so I'll just have to play around those threats. Also a really good Rotom-W counter as Rotom-W can do nothing to this thing except weaken it with Hydro Pump, but even then, I do carry the Roost.

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EV: 24 HP, 236 Atk, 248 Spd
Moves:
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

This thing usually leads if my opponent has a Manectric on his/her team. But if there is a Bisharp, there is no way I am leading cause this thing gets destroyed by a +1 Adamant Bisharp's Sucker Punch. This thing is my Mega Manectric counter and can late game sweep the opponents team if my opponent is left with no Flying-Type Pokemon or Levitate Pokemon. The 248 Spd is to outspeed other Scarf Lando-T cause they usually run 244 Spd. Some people do like to run max speed on their scarf Lando-T but that just gives me options when I pivot out with U-Turn. Knock Off over Superpower because I have Zard X to deal with Ferrothorn and Knock Off is just there to deal with Gengars, which are a huge threat to my team, Lati twins and it is overall a great move.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EV: 252 SAtk, 4 SDef, 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Moves:
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Flying

This thing usually leads if my opponent has a Landorus-T or Landorus-I on his team as it can outspeed and do some serious damage with either Scald or Hydro Pump. As Scarf Lando-T does outspeed this thing, it cannot OHKO Keldeo with any move unless Keldeo gets weakened. As this thing does outspeed Normal Manectric, it can just kill it with a Hydro Pump, that is if I don't miss. And since Rotom-W is a huge threat to my team, Keldeo usually serves to weaken it and other opposing guys. The only thing that stops Specs Keldeo are the Lati twins but I can play around them with Scizor. HP Flying is here to predict opposing Mega Venusaur switch so I can weaken that bastard since Mega Venusaur is a big threat to my team, HP Flying comes in handy in weakening Mega Venusaur. The main purpose of this Keldeo is to weaken opposing threats so that I can sweep later on with either Zard X after 1 DD or Scarf Lando-T.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EV: 252 SAtk, 4 SDef, 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Moves:
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Keldeo check mainly. It can Defog the hazards for Zard X to come in and Mega Evolve but it also serves as weakening Keldeos, Ferrothorns, Scizors and other random stuff. As it has HP Fire, Gengar outspeeds Latios which makes Gengar a really big threat to my team in which case I might need to sack a guy. Also a Mega Venusaur check as it can 2HKO Mega Venusaur with Psyshock most of the time.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EV: 40 HP, 252 Atk, 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moves:
- Bug Bite
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Takes hits from Lati twins mainly. Is my check to Scarf Kyu-B and can weaken things like Gengar and other frail guys with BP. The 216 Spd is to outspeed Rotom-W and hit them hard with either U-Turn of Bug Bite. Superpower is there to predict Magnezone if they try to trap me. I really like U-Turn as I can pivot out with this thing if they try to bring in Lando-T. I was running Knock Off at one point instead of U-Turn, but I just really like U-Turn, as I said, I can pivot out if they try to bring in a counter to Scizor. Leave suggestions for this guy, would be much appreciated.

Mamoswine (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EV: 252 Atk, 4 SDef, 252 Spd
Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Icicle Spear

Usually to take down Lando-T or any guy with Icicle Spear as it can break Subs and potential Sashes. The only thing that scares Mamo is Keldeo and Rotom-W. Everything else, Mamo can just eat a hit, live with Sash, and retaliate with Endeavor. I run Endeavor over Earthquake as this thing is usually the one to lead and set up Rocks. Scizor is a really big threat to this guy, but Zard X is one of the best check for Scizor. Overall, I love this guy since he comes in handy a lot.

Threats:
- Azumarill
- Bisharp
- Charizard X
- Kyurem-B
- Keldeo
- Latios
- Latias
- Mega Manectric
- Mega Medicham
- Mew
- Mega Pinsir
- Rotom-W
- Slowbro
- Mega Venusaur

So that was the team, I could put in calcs later if ya want. A very fun team in my opinion. Can't really say much because everything was already said. So I guess I'll just give a replay of a battle I had with a guy using pokeaim's dog n lobster team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-174555135
and against Reverb (was lucky enough to battle him)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-174770852

Last edited:
Reactions: pj

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Solid team here, ironically enough I think two of the bigger threats in talonflame and greninja aren't part of your threat list :P

But yea, talon, both CB and SD versions [+1 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 24 HP / 0+ Def Landorus-T: 255-301 (78.4 - 92.6%) , -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 24 HP / 0+ Def Landorus-T: 156-184 (48 - 56.6% ; both calcs after intimidate] are lowkey a weakness to most of these scarf land-therian teams. I think you might want to replace Mamoswine to remedy the talon weak. There are a lot of ways you could go with this honestly. You could just run Ttar or Rhyperior [this poke is decent believe it or not] to set SR and counter talonflame straight up. You could also run smooth rock tyranitar over mamo and then replace landorus-therian with an excadrill to use as your revenge killer. SD LO Excadrill can also act as a breaker to chip things like opposing Landorus-T and Hippowdon, helping ZardX sweep.

If you choose to form a sand core you could also explore additional options like ferrothorn>scizor [ttar/exca opens you up a bit to azumarill and opposing excadrill, but ferrothorn can remedy this, as well as check Kyu-B, although m garde might be a bit more of a problem with this change, also a good answer to non hp fire greninja]. You could also do the ttar/exca switch and put a rotom-w over keldeo; you may be losing a bit of offense but it beats most of the threats that would need addressing if you changed this to a sand team, with the cb scizor staying on the squad to check the others. I know this rate is all over the place, but your team is well-built and i feel its reached the point where each change you make has certain costs/benefits and somewhat personal preference of what 'variant' of your team to run.

Solid team here, ironically enough I think two of the bigger threats in talonflame and greninja aren't part of your threat list :P

But yea, talon, both CB and SD versions [+1 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 24 HP / 0+ Def Landorus-T: 255-301 (78.4 - 92.6%) , -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 24 HP / 0+ Def Landorus-T: 156-184 (48 - 56.6% ; both calcs after intimidate] are lowkey a weakness to most of these scarf land-therian teams. I think you might want to replace Mamoswine to remedy the talon weak. There are a lot of ways you could go with this honestly. You could just run Ttar or Rhyperior [this poke is decent believe it or not] to set SR and counter talonflame straight up. You could also run smooth rock tyranitar over mamo and then replace landorus-therian with an excadrill to use as your revenge killer. SD LO Excadrill can also act as a breaker to chip things like opposing Landorus-T and Hippowdon, helping ZardX sweep.

If you choose to form a sand core you could also explore additional options like ferrothorn>scizor [ttar/exca opens you up a bit to azumarill and opposing excadrill, but ferrothorn can remedy this, as well as check Kyu-B, although m garde might be a bit more of a problem with this change, also a good answer to non hp fire greninja]. You could also do the ttar/exca switch and put a rotom-w over keldeo; you may be losing a bit of offense but it beats most of the threats that would need addressing if you changed this to a sand team, with the cb scizor staying on the squad to check the others. I know this rate is all over the place, but your team is well-built and i feel its reached the point where each change you make has certain costs/benefits and somewhat personal preference of what 'variant' of your team to run.
Thanks for the feedback. Actually, Mamo and Scizor seem like weak links as this team is extremely weak to Azumarill. So I might have to put in either an Electric or Grass Type to check Azu. As for the sand core, that seems like a good choice to go with Zard X. As for Talonflame, I do agree. Not many checks, so I'll try out the sand core

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion
Hi, nice team.
A big threath for your team is Talonflame, If it's the Sharp Beak can fuck all of your team, the bulky wow can burn lando-t/mamoswine/scizor and with bb calatios and keldeo, so I purpose a change, Rotom-W>Scizor. Why that ? Rotom-W is one of the best counter of Talonflame, can check bb and fblitz, in plus can get momentum, like scizor. But why not the Rotom-H ? Rotom-H haven't Hydro Pump so it can absorb also the willow, but without Hydro Pump it can't beat Talonflame because it can roost and loss the flying type so Rotom-W is better.

Here some calcs and the Rotom-W set.

0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 224-266 (62.3 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Rotom-H Volt Switch vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 72-85 (20 - 23.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery (After roost)
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 25-30 (8.2 - 9.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 336-396 (102.7 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 67-79 (22 - 25.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 133-157 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

-----------------------------------

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey there Queen Creme Brulee, this is a cool team you got. You already mentioned a lot of the threats to your team, and I think taking your team into a more balanced direction would be necessary to patch them up, as covering all of them offensively is very hard. Like Mix said, using Rotom-W over Scizor is something that would fix a lot of the current weakneeses the team has, as it counters Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, and checks Azumarill, Slowbro and partually Bisharp. It also contributes to your Volt-Turn core, which is cool on your team to assist a sweep with Mega Charizard X. To fix your problem with Lati@s, opposing Mega Charizard X and Bisharp, I think running physically defensive Heatran over Mamoswine would be smart. What this let's you do is have a much more consistent SR setter, as well as having a great switch-in to the threats I listed. In addition, it does great against Mew, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Manetric in a pinch. Lastly, to take on Keldeo better, I would use Roost over Hidden Power Fire on Latios. As Ferrothorn gives Charizard setup opportunities, I don't think you would wind missing out on the coverage. That was all I had really, good luck onwards with your team :]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor

Hey there Queen Creme Brulee, this is a cool team you got. You already mentioned a lot of the threats to your team, and I think taking your team into a more balanced direction would be necessary to patch them up, as covering all of them offensively is very hard. Like Mix said, using Rotom-W over Scizor is something that would fix a lot of the current weakneeses the team has, as it counters Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, and checks Azumarill, Slowbro and partually Bisharp. It also contributes to your Volt-Turn core, which is cool on your team to assist a sweep with Mega Charizard X. To fix your problem with Lati@s, opposing Mega Charizard X and Bisharp, I think running physically defensive Heatran over Mamoswine would be smart. What this let's you do is have a much more consistent SR setter, as well as having a great switch-in to the threats I listed. In addition, it does great against Mew, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Manetric in a pinch. Lastly, to take on Keldeo better, I would use Roost over Hidden Power Fire on Latios. As Ferrothorn gives Charizard setup opportunities, I don't think you would wind missing out on the coverage. That was all I had really, good luck onwards with your team :]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I already changed Mamo to Rotom-W and I'll change Scizor to Heatran so I have a SR set up mon. As for Latios, I'll change it up, thanks :]

rotom > keldeo. you can volturn chain with SCIZor and in addition counter flying spam.

1 scarf, 110 base spd, double priority. awesome. nice team, i like it very much especially for mamo *-*

i will rip this :*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)