Other My Singles Competitive Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my team for singles in XY. I'm relatively new to the competitive scene and it would be very helpful if you could help me improve it (especially the EV spreads!) Thanks!

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 220 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Double Team
- Substitute
- X-Scissor

This is my lead (Obviously!) I decided to use DT over SD because a) my first choice for who to BP to is Metagross, who I don't really think needs the extra attack, b) I sometimes BP to Greninja, who I use as a special attacker, and so it would be wasted on him, and c) I just have a thing for annoying my opponents with DT!
Generally I sub whenever I don't have a sub, and if I still have a sub at the beginning of my next turn I DT. When I either have +6 evasion or I don't have enough HP for another sub I BP to either Metagross or, less often, Greninja, depending on the opponent's lead. I have X-Scissor for taunts and if I end up having to use Ninjask at the end of the game as a last resort.
I gave it this EV spread so the HP is not divisible by four and it is the speed stat Smogon's page on Ninjask recommended. I focused more on defenses than HP so it is less likely my Subs will break.
This set tends to have trouble with priority moves and Blaziken (as it will always outspeed whoever I BP to).

Metagross @ Life Orb (is it worth using a choice item instead?)
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 58 HP / 252 Att /100 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Explosion

My first choice for BP. I use whichever move is likely to do the most damage then explode when his HP is low enough. He can tank every hit I've had so far and once swept an entire team without being hit because of Ninjask's DT!
I chose to use life orb instead of a choice item because due to his bulk the recoil doesn't really hurt, and I'm kind of afraid to be locked onto one move! Also, I'm not sure whether I should use the band or the scarf.

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Surf
- Spikes
- Ice Beam

My second choice for BP, and also handy for spikes. He can be very useful as long as he survives the first go due to his unpredictability and good moves, but he has an annoying habit of first being KOd by faster/priority fighting types. Should I give him a chople berry (I think that's the right one) instead, or is there a better way to save him?

Blaziken @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Att / 28 Def / 28 SpD / 22 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- High Jump Kick

For a long time this was my mega, but I recently decided that he was powerful enough on his own. He generally manages to OHKO anything to which his attacks are supereffective, but is also relatively frail if the opponent uses something supereffective. I gave him a Shuca berry to make sure that he survives earthquake, which would otherwise be his biggest threat. He basically focuses on dishing out high damage before he gets damage. The only thing I feel I need to improve with this is his comparative frailty.

Togekiss @ Sky Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

I T-wave then air slash and hopefully the opponent never gets to retalliate! If they're ground I just don't bother with T-wave as air slash does enough damage anyway. Roost is for when they do retaliate and Aura Sphere is for coverage. Threats are anything that can paralyse him and poison or electric types as well as Landorus & family.

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Crunch
- Return

Kangaskhan is probably the best Mega (I always thought we should be able to use its baby some time!) available. On the first turn I use fake out, which for once actually does meaningful damage, and generally go on to use PuP, which is basically a damaging SD! If the opponent resists PuP or I just need the extra damage I use return, and crunch is mainly to counter the ghosts. He is the newest addition to mu team and probably will need the heaviest EV editing.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi! It is required that you have a minimum of three lines of description for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles as outlined by the RMT rules. Please read them carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail we require before posting a thread here. PM me with an updated version of your RMT after you review the rules and I'll reopen this thread.

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)