ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official site updated to announce Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie. In addition to this, it was revealed that North America is getting Mega Glalie in the demo, leaving only Japan getting Mega Steelix.
Where is North America getting Mega Glalie explicitly confirmed on the site? It only reveled them from what I've read.

That does say only in the demo. We still might be able to get them via event/in game
Part of me sort of doubts that; why would they hype up that you can send your Mega from the Demo then make it so that you can get the Mega Stone in the game anyway?
Not even the "so you can get it early" excuse; you can't even control them until Dynamo Badge which the demo even specifically states.

Apparently there are also more ways you can get the demo codes in the US, via giveaways at the mall during early November or by buying pokemon games off of the virtual console.

Also the Pokemon Trading Card Game (the one for the Gameboy Color) and Pokemon Puzzle Challenge are being released onto the Virtual Console next month (and both will give you the demo code).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You talk like you're gonna make a contribution to everything we already know about it.
Calm down, it's just 30 minutes of gameplay.
I never said that. Just thought I'd share my opinion when I play through it myself.

Part of me sort of doubts that; why would they hype up that you can send your Mega from the Demo then make it so that you can get the Mega Stone in the game anyway?
Not even the "so you can get it early" excuse; you can't even control them until Dynamo Badge which the demo even specifically states.
Yeah, I am a bit annoyed they made Mega Steelix Japanese exclusive (and here I thought going international would stop them doing that...), but then I think next game they'll probably make Steelixite (and Glalite) available to get in-game so even if they don't have an event it's not that big of a deal. With that said, since these Mega Stones are only available from the Demo and not version exclusives, I think later down the road we'll get an event giving out the Mega from the Demo we didn't get.

Still, I am now convinced there are no more Legendaries. RIP Mega Braviary, Flygon, & Milotic. Maybe next games.

Is there any news about the "let's go somewhere secret!" Demo option yet? I've been playing daily in hopes Hoopa will be the daily reward, but it's been a fair few days now and the option still won't show for me, despite talking to everybody and multiple playthroughs a day.

Also the Japan favouritism is beyond a joke now. Don't understand why Nintendo promoted an international release so much only to then revert to unnecessarily specific events.

Is there any news about the "let's go somewhere secret!" Demo option yet? I've been playing daily in hopes Hoopa will be the daily reward, but it's been a fair few days now and the option still won't show for me, despite talking to everybody and multiple playthroughs a day.

Also the Japan favouritism is beyond a joke now. Don't understand why Nintendo promoted an international release so much only to then revert to unnecessarily specific events.
From what I can tell, if you keep playing every day and keep doing missions and talking to NPCs it will just randomly appear.

From what I can tell, if you keep playing every day and keep doing missions and talking to NPCs it will just randomly appear.
Ugh, that randomness is infuriating. It better cap out after say, ten days, because I'm well over 25 missions now and I've talked to everybody more than once. It should be structured, the luck element is unnecessary.

Hang on, just had a look, and there's code distributions that are going on after the actual game is released? What's the point of that?
... unless the Megas really are exclusive to the Demo.

Hang on, just had a look, and there's code distributions that are going on after the actual game is released? What's the point of that?
Seems like its the case. Gonna be a real pain in the arse looking for someone who is willing to trade a Steelixite.

Granted this is if TPCi doesn't distribute the opposite Mega Stone via event later on down the road.

True; I wouldn't be surprised to see Gardevoirite or Mawilite due to counterparts.
Yeah, I would not be surprised if Gardevoirite and Mawilite were in the game some wheres.

Also It'd be a nice touch if they had the New Mauville side quest thing (where you turn off the power generator after you get HM Surf) and you got a Manectite for your troubles from Wattson (you'd find the TM for Thunderbolt in the New Mauville instead).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ugh, that randomness is infuriating. It better cap out after say, ten days, because I'm well over 25 missions now and I've talked to everybody more than once. It should be structured, the luck element is unnecessary.
Hoopa? I think that would be a bit of an extreme reward being an Event Legendary. But sad to hear there's really nothing else to the demo besides the Mega Eolutions and the few items they're giving. Also odd they would say if you play everyday special events will occur when that doesn't sound to be the case, just 10 playthroughs and you're done. Well, besides this "somewhere secret" option which sounds annoying to get being it looks to be random (and knowing my luck I'd probably never unlock it). I can understand them hiding secrets in a demo, but this "somewhere secret" doesn't sound like it should be something secret and randomly unlocked. Like the secret should maybe one extra Pokeball/Heart Scale/Potion/etc. you can send over to your main game or maybe some bit of info like the general location of some Mega Stones. Those are secrets, nothing big like an apparent side adventure.

Anyone else getting this sinking suspicion that all old mega stones will be available only by trading with XY?
The previous Pokemon who got Mega Evolutions that are also in the Hoenn Dex probably have their Mega Stones in the game: Alakazam, Pinsir, Heracross, Gyarados, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, & Absol (I'd also toss in Houndoominite and Tyranitarite as they were version exclusive pairs with Manectrite and Aggonite). Actually it would be neat if they also had the version exclusive Mega Stones as version exclusives in ORAS, like Omega Ruby has Y's version exclusive Mega Stones and Alpha Sapphire has X's version exclusive Mega Stones. That way if you only bought X or Y and only planning on getting OR or AS, you can get the version with the Mega exclusives you're missing. Of course, if they were doing that they'd probably advertise it by now so I highly doubt this is the case.

In addition if they are putting and old Mega Stones in the game they'll probably be available in both versions of ORAS, only using the new Mega Stones as version exclusives. If I had to made ORAS "exclusive pairs", I'd made them between Sharpedo & Camerupt, Latios & Latias, and Lopunny & Audino (both are Normal-types who gain an additional type upon Mega Evolving).

The special scenario promised is exactly what you would expect. If you do a quick google search you'll come across a reddit tread which has photos of that particular scenario, so I don't think Hoopa is a thing in the demo.

The special scenario promised is exactly what you would expect. If you do a quick google search you'll come across a reddit tread which has photos of that particular scenario, so I don't think Hoopa is a thing in the demo.
I know Hoopa isn't related to the option and that it only further develops the storyline, but we don't know if they'll be more developments and the idea of an expansive story is what got me so interested. The Reddit thread is the only reason I knew it was a thing haha

I know Hoopa isn't related to the option and that it only further develops the storyline, but we don't know if they'll be more developments and the idea of an expansive story is what got me so interested. The Reddit thread is the only reason I knew it was a thing haha
My bad then, I misunderstood your point. I too hope for more surprises in the demo, but I dont think there will be, cause there hasnt been one clue or even a random NPC that points in the direction of Hoopa.

Last edited:
I'm really anxious to learn how Rayquaza Mega Evolves, since we can't find a Rayquazite anywhere. We know that it has something to do with prayer instead of a keystone, but other than that, we don't know what Rayquaza has to hold... IF it has to hold anything. The thought of a Mega Rayquaza that can hold items is far too scary to imagine, however.

I fully suspect this will be the case.

After all, they like their monies.
Some almost certainly will. I'd be incredibly surprised to stumble upon either Mewtwoites or any of the starter mega stones.
Buuuut it's crazy town to think that they will lock off every single XY mega.

Of the 28 XY megas, 7 (well, 8, but Blaziken is already in ORAS so) were Hoenn. And all of them were post-game mega stones so now would be the perfect time to add them, if only to fill the holes left by post-game or event mega stones in Oras.
If we expand from there, Pinsir, Heracross, Alakazam & Gyarados are in the Hoenn dex and would probably make fine main-game stones to encoutner.

Some people might not be able to get the games until Christmas due to when it is released, so it makes sense to keep the demo going for another month after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)