ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think having Steelixite / Glalitite being demo exclusive would be really dumb, even if they do release second demos for each region so you can get the one you originally missed out on.. I honestly think both mega stones will be included in the post game, but playing the demo gives you access to using one of them during your first play-through

I think having Steelixite / Glalitite being demo exclusive would be really dumb, even if they do release second demos for each region so you can get the one you originally missed out on.. I honestly think both mega stones will be included in the post game, but playing the demo gives you access to using one of them during your first play-through
I think they'll be wifi/gamestop events. That seems most logical. Besides, it's not too hard to get mega stones because they're cloneable.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think they'll be wifi/gamestop events. That seems most logical. Besides, it's not too hard to get mega stones because they're cloneable.
Yeah I don't think GF would hold out on mega stones because 'they can just clone them themselves...'

And regarding event exclusive mega stones, the only one so far has been Blazikenite which was widely advertised and available upon release, and the Torchic line isn't even native to Kalos so it wouldn't make sense to have it sitting around somewhere (and we're getting Blazikenite again in ORAS anyway). Admittedly, by that logic we may see a Steelixite giveaway for the western world (Onix wasn't obtainable in RSE, I haven't checked the encounters in the data mine to see if it is in ORAS), but I still think it would be a silly move to make these mega stones event/region exclusive. I'm still holding by my comment of them being available post game, the demo just gives earlier access to one (meaning if you play the demo you will eventually end up with two Glalitite)

somehow I don't think saying you can glitch or cheat up something is an entirely valid reasoning for saying something "isn't too hard" or whatever
How is it not valid? I guarantee you every competitive legendary, shiny, hard to get item etc. that has been traded to you has been cloned and/or hacked. Smogon seems to believe that all of their members use pokemon that weren't hacked, edited, or cloned when in reality the majority of us do, even if some of us don't realize it. Why? Because they're so easy to get and trade. While some players and GF do not want anyone to clone or hack, it's happened in the past, and it's still going to happen in the future. I really don't understand what point you're trying to make. I don't want to start an argument, but everything in Pokemon gets around fast, like with the Diancie event. It's not about whether you support it or not, it's about how it will be available to everyone else, which it will be.

Yeah I don't think GF would hold out on mega stones because 'they can just clone them themselves...'

And regarding event exclusive mega stones, the only one so far has been Blazikenite which was widely advertised and available upon release, and the Torchic line isn't even native to Kalos so it wouldn't make sense to have it sitting around somewhere (and we're getting Blazikenite again in ORAS anyway). Admittedly, by that logic we may see a Steelixite giveaway for the western world (Onix wasn't obtainable in RSE, I haven't checked the encounters in the data mine to see if it is in ORAS), but I still think it would be a silly move to make these mega stones event/region exclusive. I'm still holding by my comment of them being available post game, the demo just gives earlier access to one (meaning if you play the demo you will eventually end up with two Glalitite)
I didn't say anything like that. All I said was that they wouldn't be too hard to get a hold of even if GF didn't distribute them some other way, which they will

Maybe the Glalitite is found in the Japanese version only and the Steelixite is found in the International versions only?
It's actually the other way around.

Last edited:
How is it not valid? I guarantee you every competitive legendary, shiny, hard to get item etc. that has been traded to you has been cloned and/or hacked. Smogon seems to believe that all of their members use pokemon that weren't hacked, edited, or cloned when in reality the majority of us do, even if some of us don't realize it. Why? Because they're so easy to get and trade. While some players and GF do not want anyone to clone or hack, it's happened in the past, and it's still going to happen in the future. I really don't understand what point you're trying to make. I don't want to start an argument, but everything in Pokemon gets around fast, like with the Diancie event. It's not about whether you support it or not, it's about how it will be available to everyone else, which it will be.
Man I do not think even half the forum doesn't hack in some form

But that doesn't matter. Just because people can clone or whatever, doesn't mean that locking something off like this doesn't matter. Some people want the actual thing. Which is why you see a parade of people complain when some event isn't (Or in some cases even when it is which is weird) wi-fi or limited time only or whatever

Man I do not think even half the forum doesn't hack in some form

But that doesn't matter. Just because people can clone or whatever, doesn't mean that locking something off like this doesn't matter. Some people want the actual thing. Which is why you see a parade of people complain when some event isn't (Or in some cases even when it is which is weird) wi-fi or limited time only or whatever
Oh no I definitely think we should get an event, and I agree with you. I'm just saying that we would be able to get it before any sort of event if we wanted to.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if Gardevoirite and Mawilite were in the game some wheres.

Also It'd be a nice touch if they had the New Mauville side quest thing (where you turn off the power generator after you get HM Surf) and you got a Manectite for your troubles from Wattson (you'd find the TM for Thunderbolt in the New Mauville instead).
I thought you always found Thunderbolt in New Mauville and Wattson gave you Shockwave. Or is New Mauville something different from the New Mauville in the original games?

Oh yeah I saw that! I find it really interesting and somewhat likely. This might also confirm Mega Raichu, but it's less likely than the others.
Eh.. it could be the case. But it is Pikachu and he's basically the game's mascot so he's bound to be every where Pokémon related. I will admit a Mega Raichu would be awesome, especially if it gained more bulk. But I doubt it sadly. Still a chance though, you never really know.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah I saw that! I find it really interesting and somewhat likely. This might also confirm Mega Raichu, but it's less likely than the others.
Unless it came from an official source or our dataminers, nothing is confirmed.

Also, the video doesn't exist apparently. I'd appreciate a video that wasn't posted by a Nobody.

Gotta love references.

Also, the video doesn't exist apparently. I'd appreciate a video that wasn't posted by a Nobody.

Gotta love references.
I edited it earlier. Not too sure why it isn't working? Its working for me..

Gotta love references.
I never said it was confirmed, I said there's a chance to be confirmed. Why is everyone so quick to pick apart everything I say?

Now that I can see the video, I'm actually thinking that it's possible that we are getting MMilotic (which makes sense with the new mega evolution contest mechanic), MSlaking (because... dad?) and MZangoose

MZangoose would be weird without MSeviper though

Now that I can see the video, I'm actually thinking that it's possible that we are getting MMilotic (which makes sense with the new mega evolution contest mechanic), MSlaking (because... dad?) and MZangoose

Actually, about dad. Sorry OP I know you don't like speculation but I just have to say this. What if Norman's Slaking does mega evolve at some point in the story? It would make perfect sense given his role and some dialogue he says.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay I got to watch the video, and the evidence presented is non-conclusive. I know the Law of the Conservation of Detail is a thing, but it's entirely possible that GF did that on purpose to troll us or it doesn't even mean anything. Unless something gets revealed by the main site that isn't in the demo, we can only assume that there's nothing new because of how much shit they left in it that shouldn't be there.

I never said it was confirmed, I said there's a chance to be confirmed. Why is everyone so quick to pick apart everything I say?
Then don't use words like confirmed, which implies finality. Also, why the hell did you bring up Raichu when the video didn't (unless I missed something)?

Last edited:
Eh we had Mega Gardevoir before we had Mega Gallade so even if it's weird, it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of GF.

But I withhold my judgement. I don't really care whether or not the demo is complete. We'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)