XY OU OU RMT: Based Voice- A Mega Gardevoir Team

mega_gardevoir_by_deco_kun-d6v1bzw.png
Based Voice-A Mega Gardevoir Team

Welcome. This team's purpose is to weaken HO teams to let Gardevoir clean late-game. Against stall or more balanced teams, Gardevoir can stallbreak and/or sweep.

Teambuilding Process
282.png
Stallbreaker and Cleaner.
282.png
472.png
To handle threats like Heatran and Scizor
282.png
472.png
647.png
Powerful Anti-Scarf destroys Lando-T + Garchomp.
282.png
472.png
647.png
646A-1.png
Mixed Wallbreaker. Eliminates Rotom-Wash and Ferrothorn.
282.png
472.png
647.png
646A-1.png
625.png
Physical SD sweeper. Forms FDS core with Gardevoir and Kyurem-Black.
282.png
472.png
647.png
646A-1.png
625.png
134.png
Forms defensive core with Gliscor.

On to the sets!

Gardevoir-mega.gif

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
This set aims to avoid the 2HKO from Latios's Psyshock while hitting the hardest and being the fastest it can be. Also, 0 attack IV's are run to take less from Foul Play.With Taunt, Gardevoir can successfully stallbreak and shut down slower hazard or status users(pretty much everybody). She is part of the Fairy/Dragon/Steel core formed with Bisharp and Kyurem-Black. The move set is pretty self-explanatory and standard.

472.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Acrobatics
Standard Fast Wall set. He can also serve as a stall breaker with Taunt, as well. Acrobatics is for when he gets his Poison Heal up, so he can switch into Knock Off's and boost it's power. It is also for killing Breloom and M-Heracross. The rest of the moveset is pretty much standard Gliscor with the exception of Toxic being replaced with Acro. The spread is so he can outspened base 75's with positive speed natures like Smeargle and Taunt them.

Keldeo_Resolute_Forme_XY.gif

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
Muh antiscarf. Hydro Miss is for killing standard stuff. Scald for burning Azu's and other shizz. Secret Sword is the secondary STAB move that allows Keldeo to be a pseudo-mixed attacker. Icy Wind is for killing Lando-T, Garchomp, and the Latis on the switch. The spread is the lame 252/252/4 that noobs use when they're too lazy to use a damage calculator.

Kyurem_Black_XY.gif

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Muh mixed wallbreaker. Not really an unorthodox set, its just mainly special. Again, Ice Beam is the STAB, F-Bolt is for Azu and the such, HP Fire is for Ferro and Scizor and the like, and EP is for Rotom-Wash and Excadrill. Full special attack investment as his attack is good enough uninvested. Life Orb is for even more power, though he does get worn down fairly quickly. Forms the Fairy/Dragon/Steel core with Garde and Sharp.

BisharpShinyXY.gif

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Standard SD Bisharp as this thing wrecks most OU teams with Knock Off and Sucker Punch. Dark is the best attacking type as it is resisted by almost nothing. SD for dat attacking power doe!!! Iron Head for the T-Tars and Azu. Max speed should be run as Bisharp has probs the worst speed stat of all time.(for an offensive poke)

Thats it people! Please rate and try it out!

Importable:

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Acrobatics

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Acid Armor
- Wish
- Protect

Attachments

Hey man good team, here are some changes that can make it better.

Gliscor - I just realized that you don't have a stealth rocker, so my suggestion is to replace him with a Landorus-Therian.
Here a good set :

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

If you don't find landorus-t a good idea you can just put stealth rock on gliscor lol.
Stealth rock helps you to beat flying mons such as thundurus and landorus with are a threat to your team.

Keldeo - hidden power electric over icy wind, this is an answer for mega gyarados if he doesn't mega evolve.

Kyurem - i recommend you to use assault vest, your team is kinda weak to greninja and assault vest kyurem can deal with him well.
here a good spread - evs: 52 atk / 216 sp.atk / 240 Spe lonely nature.

Bisharp - This one i only recommend jolly nature to outspeed some mons.

Vaporeon - i don't think vaporeon it's a good choice, so think you should replace him with Rotom-Wash, that can make the job better than him.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs:N 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

With pain split you can get a lot of hp back, and will-o-wisp helps with physical sweepers. The speed evs it's for outspeed belly drum azumarill.

Hope i helped you.

Hey man good team, here are some changes that can make it better.

Gliscor - I just realized that you don't have a stealth rocker, so my suggestion is to replace him with a Landorus-Therian.
Here a good set :

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

If you don't find landorus-t a good idea you can just put stealth rock on gliscor lol.
Stealth rock helps you to beat flying mons such as thundurus and landorus with are a threat to your team.

Keldeo - hidden power electric over icy wind, this is an answer for mega gyarados if he doesn't mega evolve.

Kyurem - i recommend you to use assault vest, your team is kinda weak to greninja and assault vest kyurem can deal with him well.
here a good spread - evs: 52 atk / 216 sp.atk / 240 Spe lonely nature.

Bisharp - This one i only recommend jolly nature to outspeed some mons.

Vaporeon - i don't think vaporeon it's a good choice, so think you should replace him with Rotom-Wash, that can make the job better than him.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs:N 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

With pain split you can get a lot of hp back, and will-o-wisp helps with physical sweepers. The speed evs it's for outspeed belly drum azumarill.

Hope i helped you.
Thanks for.the suggestions! I will definitely try some of these pokes and ideas.

Hello, nice team you have here! I would also like to comment that I really like the HP Fire Kyu-B+MGardevoir core, both are terrifying wallbreakers and luring in MScizor and Ferrothorn really helps to weaken MGardevoir's checks. However, there are still glaring flaws in your team, which I will attempt to patch up.

Firstly, Stealth Rock is honestly mandatory on every single OU team, as it keeps potent threats such as Charizards and Talonflame in check. I would suggest changing Gliscor to Landorus-Therian, as the above user has mentioned.

Next, you absolutely require a hazard control pokemon, as well as a Keldeo check.Specs Keldeo 2hkoes your entire team with the appropriate STAB, and honestly that's enough reason to run a check for it. I would suggest changing Vaporeon to Latias. Latias serves not only as a very solid answer to Keldeo, but can also provide Defog support and keep Stealth Rock at bay so Kyurem-B can preserve its solid bulk.

Thirdly, I would change Bisharp to Scarf Magnezone. As MGardevoir is usually your primary wincon, it definitely requires all steels to be taken out. Magnezone is capable of providing Magnet Pull support and trapping every single steel bar Heatran, which is very well handled by the rest of the team. Magnezone is also has perfect offensive synergy with Landorus-T, Landorus-T can easily U-turn and scout the Skarmory switch-in and Magnezone can easily dispatch a huge threat to Landorus-T. Landorus-T also can help beat Mega Charizard X, which uses Magnezone as set-up bait. Kyurem-B also loves Magnezone's support, and is able to crush a team lategame with all steels gone. I would suggest a Scarf Magnezone set to also serve as a primary birdspam check alongside Landorus-T.

Finally, I would change Scarf Keldeo to Spikes Greninja. Spikes is perfect for a team that forces so many switches as the passive damage will rack up especially quickly. Furthermore a mini Volt-Turn core in Landorus-T and Magnezone further helps to scout the opponent and improves your position by forcing the opponent to take more chip damage a little at a time. Greninja is also not deadweight vs stall, as it can use spikes on Chansey and cause stall to take even more passive damage. MGardevoir really appreciates spikes support as Hyper Voice+Focus Blast+a layer of both SR and Spikes KOes the standard 252Hp/168SDef Ferrothorn spread. Furthermore MGardevoir+Kyurem-B forces a huge amount of switches vs offense, and passive damage is always useful to have. Specs Keldeo is also yet another amazing partner with MGardevoir, but I think the extra spikes support will help your team in a long way.

Sets:
Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 8 SDef / 104 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Protean
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Spikes

Hope I helped, and good luck!

Is this just me, or do you only have description for only 5 mons, because I don't see any descriptions about vaporeon o_O

Very generic sets you have. Will be very predictable higher up on the ladder. I recommend a bulkier Gardevoir with HP Fire instead of Focus Miss for Ferrothorn and Scizor. Max speed Gardevoir doesn't outspeed the mons it needs to, unfortunately, so it requires you to play the match-up game well, and volt switch/u-turn will help you do this. I would swap Vaporeon for Rotom-W. Try these sets and tell me what you think:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 148 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 136 Def / 140 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave

Will-O-Wisp is usually the more common choice for Rotom-W, but T-Wave goes a long way on teams with Gardevoir. The 27 speed IVs is to be slower than other Washing Machines so you can get switch initiative if you both use volt switch. You can go as low as 24 IVs, so you can still outspeed the generic 40 Spe EV Heatran.

Kyurem-B only needs 236 speed to outspeed jolly Mamoswine, so make that change and dump the rest onto its attack.

Also, an opposing MeGardevoir will wreck your team. I would swap Gliscor for your own Heatran, and if you are concerned about opposing Heatran's just run Earth Power and some speed investment.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 236 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Ok let me say good team but I'll make some suggestions. Vaporeon does not go well with this team replace with rotom-wash just as bulky plus talonflame wall. Replace taunt on gardevoir with calm mind . Gliscor could be replace landorous therian. Scarf keldeo sucks use specs and have HP electric or flying on keldeo. Kyurem Black as a special attacker are you kidding me its a psyical attacker not a special. Well that's all I have to say

Ok let me say good team but I'll make some suggestions. Vaporeon does not go well with this team replace with rotom-wash just as bulky plus talonflame wall. Replace taunt on gardevoir with calm mind . Gliscor could be replace landorous therian. Scarf keldeo sucks use specs and have HP electric or flying on keldeo. Kyurem Black as a special attacker are you kidding me its a psyical attacker not a special. Well that's all I have to say
The only reason Kyurem-B is in OU is because it has no good STAB physical ice moves and a bad/decent physical movepool. I do agree with your other suggestions though.

Kyu-b can be used to great effect as a mixed or special attacker. Last gen there was a huge hype about Kyu-b because there were no fairies, so outrage was really spammable, but this gen Kyu-b still lacks icicle crash or a strong physical ice STAB, so it has to use it's better special movepool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)