MLB Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you're from Vermont apparently so you're doing the same exact thing (you're essentially a hypocrite), and it's not bandwagoning, it's appreciating the greatness of an all-time team, also:

To put numbers on Stalls point, the Yankees won 18 of their championships before the first string of MLB expansions in 1961. More to the point, the Yankees had 10 Wold Series before 1947. That year is important because 1947 is the year that Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby broke the color barrier in both leagues. Say what you want about anything, but counting World Series won before black people were allowed to play? I'd like to see how many championships the Yankees would have if they had to face Satchel Paige and Josh Gibson.

The 90s teams were unbeatable and I'll give you that. But with those other 20 odd world series, get away with all that nonsense and get to the real world in which you're paying Alex Rodriguez $25.3 million AAV for the next three seasons pretty much ride pine. Long live Dave Roberts, Becket and Paps, and the band of bearded brothers.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Can a team that's so mediocre that just happens to continue to fumble its way into winning championships somehow really be called a dynasty? :(

VVV
Well, I walked right into that one.

Last edited:
While this game was a serious step back into reality for the Royals, I really have to commend the fanbase out there at the game who were seriously into the game even when it seemed out of reach for the Royals to win. Every strikeout for the Royals was met with heavy applause and cheering, and that home run by Perez made then delirious. Considering this is a team that no one expected to even do work this postseason, I am glad to see the Royals fans making the most out of this surely memorable experience for them.

This was the first time in twenty-four days Kansas City lost, which is a serious shame since I hoped my Sox would have the distinction of handing the Royals their last defeat of 2014.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Game 3 is probably the best game I have ever seen. That fresh 11 pitch at bat in the middle was a testimate to just how well the game was played on both sides. The starting pitchers did an insane job on both sides considering some of the hitters they were facing.

I have a lot more faith in Kansas City than I did earlier this season. :)

Last edited:
RIP, two bright futures.

Wish they could see game 7. Both teams playing solid ball and having good ABs, it might be something epic. KC bullpen trio might pitch 6 innings today and for all we know Bumgarner might too.

Are you kidding me Cubs

Now the Sox are forced to be the worst team in Chicago. Dammit.

Also if the Royals win let us all please remember that it was all Lorde's fault

Last edited:
bumgarner's going back out for the 9th, hope the royals don't help him out like they've been doing the last few innings!

apparently that was too much to hope for. jesus christ, talk about swinging at pitches out of the zone... props to the giants though

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Man, trying to hit pitches on a throw you don't recognize just has to frustrate even the calmest of hitters. Also having people hit throws they shouldn't chase must be as equally as frustrating. Props to Sf for being able to do both of these and props to KC for dealing with it as well as they did. This is probably the best World Series I have ever seen.

DYNASTY, DYNASTY, DYNASTY DYNASTY!!!
just kidding.... props to bumgarner though, high fastball all night led to what will be a mystified performance for years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)