ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
No email yet, but I got a North America from another source (posted earlier on this thread I think) so when and if I get the long awaited email I should have an extra code.

Only played through the Demo 5 times so far, haven't noticed anything that hasn't been talked about from the other region demos. Mega Swampert is a beast, looking forward to using it on the ladder. Really wish I could teach Glalie explosion in the Demo (that's what it's best for right?). Hoenn in 3D is sexy.

Also, since Steven's metagross is shiny, is this the first occurance of an NPC having a shiny? I know they're hyping up shiny megagross what with the event that's coming with the release, but I'm surprised they would give him a shiny. Hope this is reflected in the champion battle in the full version.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Still no email, starting to get mildly concerned.
In the same boat, so we can panic together. I have gmail, so I hope that doesn't affect anything...

That being said, it seems the codes are being released in waves. Kinda annoyed about this because I was hoping to play it on my lunch break at work but now I have to wait until this evening...

kokoloko You had to opt in by yesterday so unfortunately you'll have to wait or beg for one.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Still no code. Really wish it would come through already so I can download the demo before spending 3+ hours in the car...

Is the code supposed to be sent through email or the PTC inbox?

Either way, I don't have one yet. :(
Bumping since I never got a solid answer. I'm guessing through email?

Boehijt

je vraagt de definitie van almelo de riet...
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So while all you people are waiting for codes and panicking because you're not getting them, the hackers found all the sound file names in the demo. These include:

STRM_BGM_BATTLE_RESORT
STRM_BGM_BATTLE_TOWER
STRM_BGM_VS_BFRONTIER

Battle Frontier confirmed?

Also, they found legendary battle themes:

STRM_BGM_VS_COBALION
STRM_BGM_VS_GIRATINA
STRM_BGM_VS_HEATRAN
STRM_BGM_VS_SUIKUN
STRM_BGM_VS_UXIE

Seems like they really do want all Pokémon to be available between X/Y and ORAS.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
In the same boat, so we can panic together. I have gmail, so I hope that doesn't affect anything...

That being said, it seems the codes are being released in waves. Kinda annoyed about this because I was hoping to play it on my lunch break at work but now I have to wait until this evening...

kokoloko You had to opt in by yesterday so unfortunately you'll have to wait or beg for one.
i got one from user: Siggu who got one and didn't have a 3DS to use it. downloading atm :D

So while all you people are waiting for codes and panicking because you're not getting them, the hackers found all the sound file names in the demo. These include:

STRM_BGM_BATTLE_RESORT
STRM_BGM_BATTLE_TOWER
STRM_BGM_VS_BFRONTIER

Battle Frontier confirmed?

Also, they found legendary battle themes:

STRM_BGM_VS_COBALION
STRM_BGM_VS_GIRATINA
STRM_BGM_VS_HEATRAN
STRM_BGM_VS_SUIKUN
STRM_BGM_VS_UXIE

Seems like they really do want all Pokémon to be available between X/Y and ORAS.
It was mentioned earlier and my personal opinion on it is this:

AWESOME!

I'm really glad those sound files are in the game because it helps us confirm which Legendaries are included in the post game as well as confirming that the Battle Resort is potentially the Battle Frontier, either reworked or renamed.

Cannot wait to hear the Battle Frontier Boss theme as well as all the Legendary Pokemon theme remixes.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The code will come by email. Either way, I don't see the purpose of codes, if they want to stagger eShop traffic then maybe they shouldn't release Sm4sh Wii U on the same day as the final games...

@soundfiles: Those give more indication Battle Frontier's gone....it's two pieces of BGM and one battle theme. Each of the facilities in Emerald had their own music. Not to mention the datamined bosses which appear to be the same as the Maison.

It's interesting that only Suicune's battle theme is present in these sound files, since Entei and Raikou both had their own variations in HGSS. And unlike Uxie and Cobalion, Suicune isn't first in pokedex order so that doesn't explain it either.

I'm sitting here in Spanish class with the only thing on my mind being the demo that I want to play when I get home ;-;

Anyways, I am pretty hype for the Frontier. I'm a sucker for visuals, and the redesigned Frontier will probably look amazing.

As far as Legendaries go, hopefully we get access to some of their Hidden Abilities this go 'round. Volt Absorb Raikou and Water Absorb Suicune would be so sweet. Flash Fire Entei would be ok, but Entei as a whole is sort of useless without Extreme Speed, which I doubt would be added to its level-up movepool (not in the code as it is). Also, hopefully they give us (easier) access to more than one Master Ball to make SR'ing these legends not so painful (oh how I miss the days of RNGing).

The code will come by email. Either way, I don't see the purpose of codes, if they want to stagger eShop traffic then maybe they shouldn't release Sm4sh Wii U on the same day as the final games...

@soundfiles: Those give more indication Battle Frontier's gone....it's two pieces of BGM and one battle theme. Each of the facilities in Emerald had their own music. Not to mention the datamined bosses which appear to be the same as the Maison.
As much as it sounds like you are right, they did have one frontier battle theme so I wouldn't write it off completely. They could just be lazy with the music.

And for however much I want the frontier to come back, do we really want ALL of it to come back? Sure the pike, dome, and pyramid were great, but as far as I'm concerned the Battle Palace can stay far far away from my remake.

I got mine a couple hours ago. I thought I didn't get anything but then I checked my spam box and there it was. newest email there. According to the timestamp it came at around 7am PST.

I picked Grovyle as the Pokemon I wanted to use during the demo. Trying to catch Glalie with a Pokemon that is 4x weak to Ice after mega evolving is proving to be rather annoying.

Was getting worried about not getting the code, but it turns out I was looking in wrong email '-'

Which is weird because I'm pretty sure I used gmail for the trainer club account

so i made a pokemon trainer account thingy like 4 days ago just to get this but forgot to opt into the emails until just now.

am i fucked?

(if so, did anyone get an extra code somehow and wants to PM it to me? pls???)

((or someone who is outside the US get it and can give it to me pls))
Downloaded about an hour ago. Crying b/c school is keeping me from enjoying it.

So I know kokoloko already had his personal issue resolved, but if you didn't allow Poke.com the right to email you adverts:

More demo distributions are known for the US:

• Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
  • Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
  • Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
  • You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You'll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
  • Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
  • Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24-Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)