XY OU New Projects

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

SnowCristal Presents...

Hi there! Today I'll post a balance team I built some time ago. Maybe you'll know it just because you faced it on ladder. After some lose, i was deleting it but testing randomly on Pokemon Showdown!'s Ladder and fixing it step by step i noticed this team is absolutely solid and powerful and i Peaked First 1982 on that ladder without problems. So i decided to post it here for you. Waiting Mega Slowbro, I wanted to try a different kind of set for that retard mon (but almost lovely <3): Assault Vest Slowbro. Thundurus, Rotom-W, Venusaur, Gengar... are just a little part of the problems of Slowbro, that can check everything. For this and for other reasons i choose AV Raikou, a great counter of a big part of these monsters. I needed Hazardz, and i was weak to AV Azumarill and Latwins... a Ferrothorn here was obvious. Then Charizard X was broken, and i choose Landorus-T, giving him a Choice Scarf for Rkilling.
I was absolutely stall weak, and for this i inserted StallBreaker Mew + Mega Heracross. I hope you'll like it! Obviously if you want you can try it. Let's see in detail!

Slowbro :3333 prolly one of the cutest mon ever made. With assault vest he can tank 2 Latwins' Meteors, can remain on Rotom-W, can win against Greninja without HP Grass or Dark Pulse, Keldeo, in the 1 vs 1 against Landorus... all this special bulkyness combined with a strong physical bulkyness. You can replace a move between Psyshock and Fire Blast with Grass Knot to win against Mega Gyarados. AV + Regenerator is absolutely durable. Fire Blast can baitkill pokèmons like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn (especially in the early game, when your oppo is scouting). Scald burn is also a nice thing (i really want to change it in surf, for me burn is literally an optional). Psyshock is great just for Megasaur, Keldeo and Amoonguss and in rare cases. Ice beam is a great move against Latwins, Landorus(s), Thundurus Switchin....

We all know Ferrothorn: since BW he is one of the pillars of the metagame. Ferrothorn is a bulky mon with an incredible defense and a great Spdef, possibility of two hazards, Recovery made by Seeds + Leftovers... His evs spread is defensive almost than spdefensive to tank Drum Azumarill and a Focus Blast of Mega Gardevoir. She tanks Latwins and Rotom, and Dark Pulse Greninja without HP Fire. She also has a great sinergy with Slowbro and the volturn core can give her a nice chance of setting hazardz.

Scarf Landorus-T at the moment is one of the most used Landorus-T and Pokèmon in general. He do really nice damages and with a volturn move can confuse his oppo and take advantage from the Stealth Rocks. Evs spread is to outspeed scarf Excadrill and the common Bulky Char X. Edge (my edge miss everytime but ok) is a great move against MegaPinsir for RKilling, Thundurus and sometimes also against other Landorus. Earthquake is the main and powerful stab. Intimidate is also a perfect trait that made Landorus-T a nice switch in against Mega Heracross or others Landorus.

In this metagame Assault Vest Raikou is absolutely amazing. A great bulkyness combined with serious damages. Volt switch give me a nice combo with Landorus-T's U-Turn. Thunderbolt is the main stab that i use when i need more power or if i don't want to switch. Hidden Power [Ice] is a great move against Gliscor, Landorus, Dragons.... The only strange thing is Shadow Ball that i prefer to Extrasensory because i'm a bit weak to Mega Gardevoir, Mew and HP fire Latwins. He attracts Tyranitar and use volt switch, becaming setupping field for Heracross.

And now, finally, my mega evolution. With this set Mega Heracross is problematic for Hyper Offense than Stall teams. Sub makes me the chance to set up on mew (Adamant MCross is slow but if i use sub with Heracross...) and then do damages. Heracross has Moxie to take a sort of boost if you're sure to kill a mon. He is my answer to breloom, megasaur, conkeldurr and bisharp.

This thing *-* so cute but at the same time Lethal against Stall. You can run Defog>Taunt but there isn't a big Hazard's Weakness so i prefer Taunt to stallbreak entire Stall Teams. We all know Stallbreaker mew. Can win against whole teams, and in some case win also against heatran. His WoW is useful to burn Tyranitar, Azumarill and annoying threats. He also destroy the Skarm Bliss core.

I hope you like it almost than I like it :D Lemme know ^^

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Slowbro (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Heracross (F) @ Heracronite
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
- Pin Missile

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 148 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Last edited:

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
thats a really solid team, but I do have some few suggestions.

1 - you are missing Power Whip on Ferrothorn, otherwise Mega Gyarados sweeps your whole team if Heracross is weakened (drop on Protect isn't really bad imo). You also have the option to run Superpower on Landorus-T or Grass Knot on Slowbro.
2 - Assault Vest Raikou doesn't need to run max Speed (since the only notable mon it would outspeed / speed tie is Starmie, and most have a defensive spread btw). 224 is what you really need just to outspeed Thundurus by 1 point.
3 - Mew should run Speed enough to outspeed opposing Jolly Mega Heracross (it seems to be a dangerous threat against your team).

there isn't too much else to say about your team, you did a very nice job mate. I hope I've helped :)

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Snou

Awww really nice :D thx dEnIsSsS.
I still suggested Grass Knot Slowbro to hit Megagyara. And yeah, i'll fix that Raikou Spread. And obviously also mew ^^
And i'll try Power Whip Thorn.
But i'll run 401 Hp mew (maximum leftovers number)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Great team! Jolly > Adamant on Mega Heracross, because Bisharp is a huge pain in the ass for your team, and Jolly Bisharp fucks you up pretty badly. Stall teams with both a Mew and a Mega Heracross counter (Doublade + Gliscor, Doublade + Mega Char X, Lando-T + Mega Char X) also seem to wall your whole team easily, so that's something to keep in mind.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice team here, Snowcristal!

To be honest I am not sure how valuable slowbro is to the team with an assault vest. Charizard-X are running speed to outrun Land-T now and gets a free setup vs 3 of your team members; a particularly scrupulous opponent could even weaken Land-T to the point where he only needs dragon claw to OHKO it, in which case slowbro will have a hard time killing it with 0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 99-117 (33.3 - 39.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Most of the things he takes on he can either take on without an avest or are beaten by Mew/Ferrothorn. I feel like just running a regular one on it benefits your team more; as it can cripple zard-x undoubtedly while still beating keldeo, megacham, etc. I also agree with alexwolf's opinion on mega heracross counters like acrobatics gliscor, doublade being problematic, i feel like you might want to try out sd>substitute to better capitalize on the residual that you can rack up on heracross's counters from mew and volt-turning. Also agree with dennis that ferrothorn needs power whip>gyro ball, i think itd be also nice to have thunder wave on there for zard-y switchins [allowing mew to stall it out of sun] but that can be kind of hard to fit in.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast / Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Ferrothorn:
Gyro Ball->Power Whip
Consider t-wave

Heracross:
Swords Dance->Substitute

Snou

Well! I usually run Adamant Heracross and if my oppo has bisharp i just sub without mega evo.
Twave Thorn seems a nice idea!
And i'll Try SD Cross (but i think i prefer Sub)

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi SnowCristal!, gratz on your success with your team :] I think there is room for improvement though, because like dEnIsSsS and alexwolf said, Pokemon such as Bisharp, Substitue Mega Gyarados, and opposing Mega Heracross all trouble your team. In addition to these pokes, Taunt Mega Gardevoir and Jolly DD Mega Charizard X look like major pains to your team. Once Ferrothorn is slightly weakened you have to sack a Pokemon every time Gardevoir comes in, and you have to rely on revengekilling it with Landorus-T. As for Charizard, it basically 6-0s you as long as it doesn't die from recoil, as it sets up on Slowbro, Ferrothorn, Mew and Raikou, and outspeeds and OHKOs Landorus-T and Heracross after one Dragon Dance. A change that would patch up some og these problems would be to use Specially Defensive Heatran over Raikou. This lets you keep a lot of your team structure, as Heatran checks a lot of the Pokemon Raikou did, while provoiding a great check to Gardevoir and Charizard without Earthquake. It is also capable of setting Stealth Rock more consistently than Ferrothorn, which means you can free up a moveslot on Ferro. I agree with dEnIsSS that Power Whip would be a needed addition over something like Spikes, as your team relies a lot on Ferrothorn to take care of Water- and Ground-types. To better handle Bisharp, running a Jolly Nature on Heracross is something i support, as it lets you outspeed Jolly Bisharp and take it out, which otherwise is a huge problem to your team. Lastly, I would change your set on Mew a little bit; as opposing Mega Heracross is troublesome to your team as well, I would make it fast enough to outspeed Jolly versions. An option to better handle opposing stall teams is using Ice Beam on Mew; it lures in and heavily damages Gliscor, which is one of the only answers to Mega Heracross.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam / Knock Off

this squad seems to struggle with CM clef. I know mew can come in and taunt and stuff, but it can't touch clef with only knock off. Some suggestions for this could be to run SD over sub on hera, but this is still a shaky counter to clef. you could try out exca or bisharp over the slowbro, but that opens you up to a lot of other issues too. could also try heatran with flash cannon, but after a CM you still struggle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)