STABmons Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyurem-Black: B ---> A+ / A rank

After playing around with this for awhile, I feel that B rank is way too low. It is easily one of the best and most dangerous pokemon in the current metagame. It has ridiculous stats and is way more versatile than people give it credit for. Kyu-B is impossible to counter unless you 100% know what set it is running and even then it can still give you trouble. It does appreciate Defog/Rapid Spin support, but it is by no means necessary.

Example Sets:

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Shard

One of the best sets at the moment. Hits really hard with excellent coverage. Does an great job of luring in problematic pokemon such as Heatran or Scizor and eliminating them.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Shard

With base 170 atk and a Choice Band, not a lot can safely switch into this. Anything that survives is in range for your other sweepers to finish off. This set destroys every switch in to the mixed set.

Kyurem-Black @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Substitute
- Roost

Really cool set that The Eevee General posted. Substitute protects from Topsy-Turvy Sableye and Teravolt ignores Unaware, making this hard to stop once it gets going.

Kyurem-Black @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

A lot of players rely on the Fake Out + Extreme Speed combination to deal with set-up sweepers - Protect allows you to evade the Fake Out and then tank the following Espeed and KO.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam / Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black is a pokemon that tends to cause switches - so Substitute is a great move for taking advantage of this.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Icicle Crash / Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Tail

Kyurem-Black can even work on more defensive teams. With entry hazards up, a bulky shuffler set can be annoying to face.

EV

Banned deucer.
I bumped Kyurem-B to A and added Hydreigon to B. Any more shifts I should do today? Maggy and Terrakion moved up last time, should they keep going? Has anyone tested other trappers like Dugtrio and Gothitelle and found them lacking, or underrated? Should we rank Mew?

EV

Banned deucer.
Nomming Thundurus for S Rank.

Thundurus has two incredibly viable abilities and both of them fit perfectly in STABmons. Prankster can get off a priority Taunt on setup or support Pokemon, Defog to take down hazards, Thunder Wave to cripple a threat, Substitute, and the less common but still deadly Mirror Move Nasty Plot. Defiant is really nice for catching a Parting Shot from Sableye and is often paired with Sleep Talk should it absorb a Dark Void instead.

The combination of types gives it access to a lot of new attacks, namely Oblivion Wing on the special side and Bolt Strike and Brave Bird on the physical side. Mixed sets are wholly feasible and fairly common.

The danger in facing Thundurus is in determining what set it is running. Prankster Support? Defiant Sleep Talk? Nasty Plot? Mixed?

If there's one thing holding it back, it's its ability to handle other S-ranked Pokemon. I've already mentioned it can handle most Sableye (though Defiant will hate taking Will-O-Wisp by accident), and Superpower gives it a shot at breaking open Mega Tyranitar. Landorus can't hit it SE but neither can Thundurus without the rare Hidden Power Ice. Diggersby can bypass its Speed thanks to Fake Out+Espeed and has no qualms with the threat of Thunder Wave. Heatran, like Tyranitar, hates Superpower, but it can scout with King's Shield (Defiant nullifies the drop thankfully) and really doesn't mind getting Taunted because it can still do damage with Lava Plume/Searing Shot. Focus Blast comes in handy, though, but is rare outside of exclusively special sets.

Overall, Thundurus has way more positives than negatives and, like the S Rank tagline says, it's one of those Pokemon that define the current STABmons metagame. Ask yourself this next time you teambuild: Am I prepared for Thundurus in all its incarnations? (PUN)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Thundurus is as good in stabmons as it is in OU, if not better. It is one of those mons you can easily tailor to your team, because of the versatility and unpredictability, as well as the ability to be one of the best in any of its roles. It can rip apart stall, cripple offense, lure and take out walls, etc. so easily and it is possibly the best lure in the tier, even above sash dance explosion diggers. Chansey? Superpower. Offense? Thunder wave. Paired with a consistent switch into diggersby and this thing is really hard to take out.

I could see arguments for A+ however. Its stealth rock weakness and extreme frailty really hurt it, as do all the diggersby that can switch into its non-boosted attacks not named HP Ice or Grass knot (another lure).

If thundy goes up to S rank we really need low and high S ranks. Diggersby is a lot better in the meta than lando. Ive said this before but nobody feels like saying why it isint happening.

I'd agree with Thundurus to S rank - definitely one of the most versatile and deadly pokemon in the metagame.

Some other nominations:
Aerodactyl-Mega B ---> B+
Nice anti-meta pokemon: Outspeeds and OHKOs a lot of big threats (Thundurus, Landorus, Keldeo, Gengar, Charizard). Can give stall trouble with Roost + Taunt. Does not get recoil-less Head Smash and Brave Bird like regular Aerodactyl, but its extra bulk lets it tank priority better and Tough Claws boosted Brave Bird still hits hard.
Azumarill A ---> A+
Probably the best water type in a meta where the top ranked pokemon are almost all weak to Water. Azumarill has a lot of great options available to it - including two great priority moves in the form of ExtremeSpeed and Water Shuriken. It can run all out attacking sets with an Assault Vest or Choice Band, it can go down the set up route with Shell Smash or Belly Drum, or can even work well in a more defensive role thanks to its unique typing.
Chesnaught Unranked ---> C
A decent check to some of the metas biggest threats (Diggersby, Tyranitar, Terrakion). Leech Seed + Spiky Shield + Drain Punch/Horn Leech = recovery for days. Chesnaught is a pretty good Spikes stacker too. However, a quad weakness to Flying in a metagame full of genies is not ideal.
Diancie C ---> B-
Despite its many weaknesses, Diancie's typing can be really useful. It has a niche as a Geomancy user that resists ExtremeSpeed - making revenge killing it much harder. Its typing also allows to check to Thundurus, Talonflame, and Tyranitar (providing it doesn't have Iron Head or something) in one team slot.
Dugtrio B- ---> C
Unless your team really needs to trap Heatran, there are probably better choices than Dugtrio. I guess it does have the niche of being able to trap things and set up Spikes or Memento. But it is super frail and not very strong, in a meta full of priority.
Empoleon B+ ---> C+
Why exactly is Empoleon B+? Scald and King's Shield is a nice combination and Defog/Stealth Rock support is nice, but it seems outclassed in most of what it does.
Ferrothorn B ---> A
Ferrothorn is really great in the current metagame. King's Shield + Leech Seed is really useful for scouting/recovery and it can check things like Azumarill, Diggersby, Tyranitar and Gyarados.
Forretress A ---> B
Having access to every kind of entry hazard while also being able to Rapid Spin is pretty good, but I rarely see Forretress getting chance to do either. It is total Taunt/Set up bait.
Gengar C ---> B+
Probably the best Diggersby counter for offensive teams and one that has plenty of utility outside of countering Diggersby. The Substitute/Taunt/Will-o-Wisp is a nice stallbreaker. Can easily set up Toxic Spikes on the switches that it forces.
Gliscor B ---> A
As many OML players are seeing, Gliscor is fantastic in the current metagame. Its status immunity gives stall a hard time and makes Sableye a non-issue. Its typing makes it a good check to Tyranitar, Diggersby, Lando-T and Terrakion. Gliscor has a lot of great support moves like Taunt, Spikes, Defog, Stealth Rock and Tailwind. It can even run all out offensive sets since Poison Heal mitigates the recoil from Brave Bird.
Gyarados-Mega Unranked ---> B
Mold Breaker allows it to get away with running a mono-attacking set-up set and not care about Water Absorb or Unaware - making Substitute + Dragon Dance + Roost + Waterfall a deadly combo. The fact that most of the top ranked pokemon are weak to Water works nicely in Gyarados' favour.
Klefki D ---> C-
I've seen OML players using a Geomancy set which was surprisingly not terrible - being able to Sub vs Sableye before it can Topsy Turvy you seems kind of fun as well. Klefki gains some nice moves like King's Shield and Moonlight too, as well as being able to do its usual Spikes/Screens/Prankster Thunder Wave shenanigans.
Medicham-Mega Unranked ---> B-
Mega Medicham remains a great wallbreaker in STABmons. No longer having to rely on HJK is useful since you no longer have to worry about losing half your health to random Protects or Ghost type switch-ins. Mach Punch gives it powerful STAB priority against more offensive teams. It's still kinda frail though so opposing priority is an issue.
Porygon2 D ---> B-
Porygon2 is actually pretty good. A nice tank which can check a lot of things depending on which defense you decide to invest in. Glare is great for paralysing any non-Electric types and Boomburst hits hard even without special attack investment. Trace and Download are both great abilities. It gets a lot of nice support options too, including Whirlwind, Heal Bell, Super Fang, Baton Pass (works well with Download), Toxic, Rapid Spin, Trick Room, and Lovely Kiss.
Shedinja Unranked ---> C-
Almost all of Shedinja's weaknesses are commonly seen attacking types in STABmons (Flying and Dark especially), but it can take advantage of the stuff it does wall (most Keldeo, Diggersby and Meloetta for example) by setting up Spikes or Sticky Web on the switches it causes. It definitely requires a lot of support, but it can be a decent suicide lead.
Tangrowth C- ---> B-
Another pokemon that has shown its true potential in OML teams. A nice check to things like Diggersby, Tyranitar and Azumarill. Has a lot of nice support options like Leech Seed, Aromatherapy, and Spore.
Terrakion B ---> A-
Fighting/Rock is amazing STAB coverage to have in the current metagame (hitting more than half of the S and A+ ranked pokemon super effectively). Terrakion also provides a valuable normal resist. One of the best Stealth Rockers for offensive teams, and the Swords Dance and Choice Band sets are great wallbreakers.

What makes Ninjask viable in STABmons? Maybe QuiverPass or something, but I dunno.
(I'm just curious)
The only niche I can think of is its infiltrator + brave bird + megahorn combo coming off of 160 base speed, so I guess it could be a fairly decent revenge killer.
(only thing that isn't outclassed, that is)

Last edited:
What makes Ninjask viable in STABmons? Maybe QuiverPass or something, but I dunno.
(I'm just curious)
The 3 potential roles I could see it taking are:
  1. All-out Attacker - a fast Choice Banded U-turn and Brave Bird seems kinda cool. It gets ground moves from Nincada too, so it could be a decent Heatran lure. It's still not that strong though and would get wrecked by priority and Stealth Rock.
  2. Baton Passer - can pass Speed Boosts, Swords Dances, Quiver Dances and Tail Glows. Outclassed by Scolipede in this role though.
  3. Hazards lead - it has the potential to be a fast Spikes stacker which can than Baton Pass away its boosts. Again Scolipede is much better in this role.
Overall, it doesn't seem all that viable. It should definitely be moved down. Being ranked the same as Dragonite and Staraptor is a bit silly.

EV

Banned deucer.
w0rd thank you for your detailed input on those recommendations. Anything from the rest of the council? unfixable Pikachuun DinaIsha Vansalon The Reptile

I'm wondering if Magnezone needs to go up, too. It's pretty useful, considering it often fulfills one role. Yet it's an extremely useful role. Also, how do we feel about Unaware Clefable? Still wholly outclassed by Quagsire? The weakness to Steel does it no favors when a big setup threat Scizor is part Steel. Resistances to Fighting and Dark are useful however with things like Terrakion on the move and Knock Off spam as popular as ever.

I thing Magnezone is fine where it is. I couldn't see myself ever using Clefable over Quagsire in STABmons unless I desperately needed the resists Fairy brings. It's decent to good, but faces too much competition from quag.

I have a couple things to say:

Absol (Mega) C+--> B or B+
I've used Mega Absol relatively extensively, and I think it deserves more than C+. While it faces competition from other Dark types (most notably Sableye and Tyranitar), it's one of the fastest physical Darks in STABmons, has almost perfect coverage with Play Rough, and most importantly has Magic Bounce. It's a reliable switch-in to Sableye, with the only thing Sableye carries that even bothers it being Parting Shot, which phazes it. Mega Absol's mere presence makes using Dark Void very risky on Sableye. MAbsol can bounce it, put Sableye to sleep, then freely pivot out or hit something with koff. Magic Bounce + Parting Shot is a good combination in general, letting it switch into status and then pivot to a teammate before being hit. While it's not Sableye's Prankster, 115 Speed still outpaces a lot of things. It can fill a role nothing else quite can in STABmons with its ability, speed, and typing. On the other hand, its frailty means it can switch into very little and will likely lose to anything that outspeeds it and can take a Sucker Punch, and it has some 4MSS, wanting to run Knock Off, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Dark Void all at once.

Absol @ Absolite
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Sucker Punch / Pursuit / Dark Void
- Pursuit / Sucker Punch / Play Rough / Dark Void

Also strongly agreeing with Terrakion > A-, Azumarill > A+, and Gengar > B+.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I have to agree with w0rd here. To me, Ninjask is like a Deo-S lite - and I don't mean that like a complement (lets not talk about Speed Passing because I personally believe it's completely outclassed by Scolipede in that regard). It's either a fast revenge killer (infiltrator is great for this because it lets you revenge even sub users) and a neat scout with U-Turn, or a suicide hazard lead. I feel the revenge killer route is better for it though, as the poor little bug doesn't get Stealth Rocks, meaning it's best roll as a suicide lead would be in a Sticky Web team - something like Sticky Web / Spikes / Megahorn / Brave Bird (important for killing yourself off, assuming you're at 1 HP due to sash, to block a defog / rapid spin). The revenge killer route is the more interesting though - Infiltrator is cool, and it gets U-Turn, Brave Bird, Earthquake, and Megahorn. The main issue is that it's not only 4x weak to SR, but not that strong and easy to force out. I say Ninjask fits well in D.

As for Quagsire vs Clefable, well, Clefable doesn't really fit in well in the Unaware roll. Most of the set-up sweepers in STABmons are physical, and the few Special ones can be stopped by Chansey (unless its Garde, who is cool, thank to Psystrike but even then). Not only that, but Shift Gear makes it so that Steel-types are also common set-up sweepers, which can smack Clefable for SE STAB. Clefable doesn't really have a place until Light of Ruin is released as long as Quagsire exists.

Yeah, I've used Unaware Clefable a bit and found that it kind of struggled with the stronger physical set-up sweepers and things with Psystrike. It did fairly well against special sweepers like Togekiss and Yanmega though, since it could set up Calm Minds against them.

It's still quite useful thanks to its nice resists and wide movepool but if you're using Unaware as your primary method of dealing with set-up sweepers, Quagsire is a more solid answer to most of the commonly used ones. I think C or C+ is a fair rank for Clefable here.

xJownage

For me, the reason empoleon is good is it can do so much, and its one of the few defensive mons not much is willing to switch into. Water resists arent common in STABmons, and the few that are often dont like burns besides keldeo (think: azumarill, various dragons, maybe a few grass types dont mind). Scald is pretty annoying, and what else can threaten so much, defog, set rocks, phase, AND use KS? I know it has to forgoe one of those moves but you can see the picture.

B rank fits it well, that typing loves switching in on shit but the meta isint outrageously kind to it.

I would support azu to S-rank because it causes switches like a biatch. That is half of the reason its so good; every time it comes in it gets a free turn. Smashing and sweeping with shell smash is easy when paired with goth for quag (i think it could beat it with crabhammer but i dont like not having play rough). Assault vest is a great tank and has nice damage output (and terrible 4mss) and choice band has ZERO switch-ins (crabhammer, play rough, espeed, superpower, knock off...please). Those three sets are all really good and require completely different checks and counters. People forget azumarill has an unexplored defensive role, now having reliable recovery in moonlight/recover, but that is yet to be tested and the meta isint too kind to it. Honestly azumarill is a frightening mon to face; you have to scout it and let it dent something lest you allow it to destroy your team.

I agree with all of w0rd 's nominations :). I do think Terrakion could even go all the way to A, btu A- is fine as well. The Eevee General

ALSO
I've been meaning to test out Krookodile for a while, I'm going to see how that goes and probably nom it for a ranking if it proves not to be too terrible!

Nominating a drop for Meloetta from A to B, honestly never saw it do much when I was active. I'd love to hear some actual arguments for it, because I feel like it has just been sitting in A since the beginning of the tiering process. Between Scizor, Aegislash, Heatran, and Diggersby, I really just haven't see it able to accomplish much of anything it wanted to do.

Also, on the topic of Empoleon, I think a drop is understandable, but a full letter is a bit harsh. This is a pokemon able to stop non-aura sphere togekis, non- superpower Scizor and Azumarill, any variant of king's rock Cloyster (well, it'll take a LOT more flinches to beat it than Ferro, Skarm, or Heatran), and can threaten aegislash to an extant with burns or phazing. The penguin should not drop out of the B range.

xJownage

Melo has its smash set, which gets espeed as well as its coverage. The main set is its specially defemsive tank set. Non-invested stab boomburst is scary strong, and the thing tanks special hits all day and dishes out tons of damage while providing team support (recover, boomburst, luster purge, glare/rapid spin/whatever).
That being said, B+ or A- is probably its best.

Yeah I've never had trouble with Melo though I can see why it's so threatening (really bulky and powerful and STAB Boomburst hurts.) A- sounds best.

EV

Banned deucer.
I know this is speculation and all, so forgive me for being too early, but I think when ORAS is official we're going to see a few things drop off the viability list, or at least go down a few notches, while other things not yet ranked will show up.
  • One to drop is Gengar, who primarily acts as a check to Diggersby, but can no longer switch in safely due to the fear of Knock Off. Gourgeist falls into that category, too, as does Bronzong. Gengar's saving grace may be the Sub+Disable and Taunt sets it runs now. The trick is finding a way to get him in.
  • A lot of things weak to Fairy (Dark, Fighting, Dragon) will be liabilities with the advent of Pixilate Mega Altaria, who is looking to be the number one mover and shaker coming out of ORAS. Is this the end of S-rank Sableye? Heck even Mega Tyranitar doesn't look so sturdy anymore.
  • Mega Slowbro would probably show up higher if Thundurus weren't so damn prevalent, being one of the best counters thanks to Taunt and SE Electric STAB. Slowbro will still be a fantastic Keldeo and Mega Charizard-X check, however.
  • Mega Lopunny will be bouncing in near the top most likely, but its reliance on contact-making physical attacks will give it trouble when facing Steel-types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress. Fire Punch will probably become its coverage attack of choice.
  • Now that Diancie can run Earth Power, will she ignore her mega forme in order to abuse Power Herb Geomancy sets? I can see double-Fairy teams doing well: one member to remove Sableye, paving the way for the other to set up and sweep. Will that be Diancie+Altaria? Diancie looks the better sweeper thanks to her resistance to Normal's revenge tactics, and she can plow through all the S-rankers with Moonblast/Power Gem/Earth Power. Ferrothorn makes a nice check to that set. So does a quick Bullet Punch from Scizor.
  • Mega Pidgeot is probably going to land on the list. Mega Beedrill maybe, if only for its hard-hitting U-turns and insane Gunk Shots and Megahorns. Mega Sceptile and Mega Salamence could unseat a few Dragons, though that omnipresent Kyurem-Black and his x4 SE Ice Shard says hello (see Mega Garchomp). The Tough Claws boosted Gear Grinds from Mega Metagross is sure to pit him on the list, yet I think Scizor will still keep his seat as the top-tier physical Steel Pokemon, thanks to his limited weaknesses and longevity with Roost.
Feel free to add your thoughts, just don't advocate for any changes in the list yet based on unreleased Pokemon/moves/etc (obviously).

canno

formerly The Reptile
Mega Diance looks really solid as a stand-alone imo - although I can see Geomancy being popular (problem with that set is that base 70 scarf outspeed at +2 due to how slow it is ;_;). It can now actually run STABs on both spectrum - and has the stats to work it. It also has a useful Normal and Flying resist, and a fantastic ability in Magic Bounce. It's not as bulky as normal diance - it's not bulk at all. It does have enough defenses to take hits though, like Kyu-B's Ice Shard, and M-Altaria's / Diggersby's Fake Out + ESpeed combo. Of course the bulk is ok, but the main draw is those tasty 160/160/110 offenses. And, unlike in OU, it finally has STABs on both sides. Power Gem is really important to it, as it no longer needs HP Fire for shit like Skarmory, although it's still good to hit things like Ferrothorn and Scizor (although on the switch or vs non-BP variants). It's an interesting wall breaker, especially due to Magic Bounce being a fantastic ability. The main issue with M-Diance I can see is it competing for that Mega Slot - especially with shit like M-Altaria. Still it's a pretty cool mon imo.

I think Gengar will still be useful against Diggersby. As long as Gengar is alive, the Diggersby user cannot spam Earthquake or Extremespeed as freely. It basically creates a 50/50 where you either Knock Off predicting the Gengar switch (but risk losing your win condition in the progress) or Extremespeed/Earthquake (risking a free Gengar switch-in where it can potentially Sub-Disable or Will-o-Wisp you).

Mega Scizor has a nice match up against a lot of the new megas (Diancie , Altaria, Slowbro to an extent, Beedrill, Lopunny, Sceptile, Glalie) . Only 26.368% ran Bullet Punch according to last month's 1760 stats, but I can see that going up since it is so useful against the new threats.

Mega Diancie will be cool with its 160/160 offenses, a nice speed tier and useful resists (ExtremeSpeed, Brave Bird, and Sucker Punch). Magic Bounce screws with Sableye and hazard setters (maybe Skarmory will start running its Steel STAB more often). Plus there's always the uncertainty as to whether they're running the mega or just regular Diancie.

I mentioned it in the main thread, but Ditto could be more useful than ever - making setting up with these new megas extremely risky while it is still alive.

Mega Metagross will be a nice Shift Gear sweeper. Its bulk makes difficult to revenge kill and it has some nice coverage options to set it apart from Mega-Scizor(Earthquake for Heatran, Tough Claws boosted Grass Knot for Quagsire, Ice Punch for genies). It also has a very useable 105 special attack making mixed sets viable.

I don't think I've seen a Swampert in STABmons before, but with its mega it could see some use on rain teams. In general, I think Kabutops is better suited to the metagame, but Swamperts great bulk and the fact that in can set Spikes on the switches it forces could give it a niche.

Just going to nominate Aron for D-Rank. It can be dead weight in some situations and is gimmicky, but has a lot of potential against more offensive teams. It does the FEAR tactic as in OU, but with a priority move in the form of bullet punch. It also works well with Tyranitar (Mega) who can provide sand to wear down targets.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-173856422
This is a battle I had against w0rd , where Aron was keeping pressure on Keldeo (which it eventually beat), poisoned and took out a lot of tangrowth's health, killed Diancie, and brought Scizor down to 4 percent

EV

Banned deucer.
Just going to nominate Aron for D-Rank. It can be dead weight in some situations and is gimmicky, but has a lot of potential against more offensive teams. It does the FEAR tactic as in OU, but with a priority move in the form of bullet punch. It also works well with Tyranitar (Mega) who can provide sand to wear down targets.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-173856422
This is a battle I had against w0rd , where Aron was keeping pressure on Keldeo (which it eventually beat), poisoned and took out a lot of tangrowth's health, killed Diancie, and brought Scizor down to 4 percent
Wow you really could have used hazards to take advantage of all that switching.

Um, I'm not too convinced on Aron, though getting into D-rank isn't that big of a feat anyway. Multi-hit (aka Sturdy breaking) attacks are common enough to be on most teams. Gear Grind, Bonemerang, Pin Missile, Water Shuriken, etc. I'm also surprised word wasn't running hazards, or at least didn't set them up himself, since that would have neutered Aron in a couple of circumstances. Anyway, I'll let some other council members weigh in, too.

Hazards can neuter it, but they are easier to remove in STABmons with pokemon like Landorus-T and Thundurus getting defog. I hadnt really considered a lot of the multi-hit moves, especially since a lot of pokemon run Bonemerang over EQ. Word did have a Scizor with multi-hit moves in that battle, and Aron still managed to get a lot of damage on it. It requires a lot of support, but can be very effective when used right

Edit: Can also lay hazards to take advantage of switching if you want to sacrifice protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)