Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I believe where the seed drop idea came from would be the flavour text from the pokedex entry about feeding it's fruit to children, thus an ability which automatically granted heal regen to its allies would be fitting. But rather than create a whole new ability to serve this purpose, he repurposed exeggutor's ability which name fit it's own purpose. Thus the ability's spirit fulfills the desired concept, if not in the most biologically accurate manner. In addition, pokemon is a kids game, so more advanced biological concepts like that could easily be ignored, and thus bananas being lumped in together with seeded fruits
From an effect standpoint, it does make sense for Tropius to have it. The problem is the name, not the "spirit". Why not change the name of the ability? Exeggutor is the Coconut Pokemon, and green coconuts are fruits with huge seeds (brown coconuts) inside. So something like "Fruit Drop" works for both of them. I can see where you're coming from when you say more advanced biological concepts can be ignored (e.g. Parasect learning Synthesis), but some Pokemon have some deep effort put into their moves and flavor. An example is in Throbulator's explanation of Swellow's moves, which motivated me to explain Tropius's lack of seeds. We can easily fix the more advanced problem, so why not?

From an effect standpoint, it does make sense for Tropius to have it. The problem is the name, not the "spirit". Why not change the name of the ability? Exeggutor is the Coconut Pokemon, and green coconuts are fruits with huge seeds (brown coconuts) inside. So something like "Fruit Drop" works for both of them. I can see where you're coming from when you say more advanced biological concepts can be ignored (e.g. Parasect learning Synthesis), but some Pokemon have some deep effort put into their moves and flavor. An example is in Throbulator's explanation of Swellow's moves, which motivated me to explain Tropius's lack of seeds. We can easily fix the more advanced problem, so why not?
Fair enough, I can see your point. Never the less that you would be a change that's up to nightsitter to make. But it would indeed be a good compromise as we can all agree that the effect itself fits, if maybe not the name. However, it being a semantics issue, I personally feel we should wait until the completion of this project to make such name changes, as if I remember rightly, there are a couple abilities that warrant name changes to fit the flavour of all the pokemon with said abilities

Last edited:
So wait, why is this Torkoal getting a pass when a few others such as Lumineon, Raichu and a few others not?

I mean I'm glad the person isn't getting cheated out of a win... in this case.
This is actually quite humorous. You see, Mega Torkoal has been done for a hell of a long time now. I didn't have to win it, though to answer your question Sabre, it was deemed balanced. But for some reason, it has continuously been forgotten to be put on every one of our completed Megas lists. It's still not on the current one. The person who made the slates actually thought that it hadn't been done and so it was put on the list. If you guys want to see, here's what it is:

Mega Torkoal (Torkoalite)
Fire ----> Fire/Steel (think of a furnace)
White Smoke/Shell Armor ----> Sturdy
70/85/140/85/70/20 ----> 70/95/160/95/130/20
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Flare Blitz

Concept: Torkoal is the only Fire-type with Rapid Spin and one of the only defensive Fire-types. So I got rid of its SR weakness and TSpikes vulnerability (Toxic immunity by itself is pretty good for a wall), which also grants STAB to Gyro Ball, gave it a much needed Sp. Def buff, and divided what was left into its Attacks and Defense.

I do love that Torkoal's typing and stat distribution, but there's got to be a better ability out there than Sturdy, particularly as this is a Rapid Spinner who thus intends to switch in on hazards to remove them, and has no viable recovery (not even Leftovers!), making it worthless in most scenarios that you'd want to use Mega Torkoal for.

Solid Rock, Intimidate, Pressure, Oblivious, and even Torkoal's own White Smoke (no more sdef drops from Shadow Ball!) would work, but if you're going for a furnace, then it also wouldn't be too much a stretch to give it Storm Drain or Water Absorb as Torkoal's clearly great at turning water into steam even before the furnace flavor is added. Regardless, Sturdy is next to useless on a spinner without any form of recovery outside of Rest (again, including Leftovers).

Last edited:
Dry Paratroopa or going along with JayHankEdLyon suggestion, you could even revert the ability back to Smokestack (removing stat changes upon entry) from your original submission. In that way it would be like a pseudo unaware but a bit weaker. Regardless of your decision I too quite like your entry

I think we could easily tweak its ability and have it still perform the same role as a Fire-type spinner. Since it's not completely rewriting the submission, it's fine.

This is actually quite humorous. You see, Mega Torkoal has been done for a hell of a long time now. I didn't have to win it, though to answer your question Sabre, it was deemed balanced. But for some reason, it has continuously been forgotten to be put on every one of our completed Megas lists. It's still not on the current one. The person who made the slates actually thought that it hadn't been done and so it was put on the list. If you guys want to see, here's what it is:

Mega Torkoal (Torkoalite)
Fire ----> Fire/Steel (think of a furnace)
White Smoke/Shell Armor ----> Sturdy
70/85/140/85/70/20 ----> 70/95/160/95/130/20
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Flare Blitz

Concept: Torkoal is the only Fire-type with Rapid Spin and one of the only defensive Fire-types. So I got rid of its SR weakness and TSpikes vulnerability (Toxic immunity by itself is pretty good for a wall), which also grants STAB to Gyro Ball, gave it a much needed Sp. Def buff, and divided what was left into its Attacks and Defense.
I'll add it to the spreadsheet with Sturdy. However, if you would prefer another ability (I would encourage something along the lines of what JayHankEdLyon suggested), then let me know. I doubt it would ever be viable with Sturdy, especially when it has to compete with Mega Heatran.

Here are the winners!

Seviper: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Seviper
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Shed Skin/Infiltrator -> Mold Breaker
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Fire Blast (it gets Flamethrower but not Fire Blast?)
HP: 73 -> 73
Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 65 (+0)
BST: 458 -> 558

Flavor Concept: Seviper gets even meaner-looking!

Competitive Concept: Tired of losing to Immunity Zangoose, Seviper evolves further to finally poison its foe (sure, Toxic Boost is better in general, but it's still a cool concept). But more importantly, Mold Breaker is great at letting Seviper set up Coil without Unaware users ruining your day. Gunk Shot works great with Coil, as we've seen with Arbok (otherwise the two are quite different, given typing and movepool contrasts), and pick a Dark STAB of your choosing for decent coverage. That third attack slot can go to another physical move like Earthquake or Aqua Tail, but that 120 Special Attack makes for a nifty Fire Blast for those physically bulky Steels if you go -Speed, particularly given Coil's shoring up of its imperfect accuracy.

Dark typing not only supplements Poison beautifully, but gives Seviper STAB on all those Dark moves it had anyway: Crunch, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Night Slash, the snake was made to be dark. Sucker Punch is nice to help with that 65 speed,

Zangoose: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Zangoose
Type: Normal -> Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Immunity/Toxic Boost -> Poison Heal
New Moves: Nada

HP: 73 -> 73
Atk: 115 -> 145 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Spe: 90 -> 80 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Zangoose has seen better days with more battle scars than ever, but it's hit the gym to compensate.

Competitive Concept: Mold Breaker Mega Seviper may be a pain for half of the standard Zangeese out there, but snakes aren't the only adaptable mons out there. With Poison Heal, Zangoose plays an interesting game: yes, it has to actually get itself poisoned without Toxic Orb, but it can play a few turns with Toxic Boost's power before growing older, wiser, and safer with Poison Heal. Or just Mega Evolve instantly and try to use that awesome ability to your advantage by boosting with Swords Dance and wrecking with great dual STAB; just clear out the ghosts before you do. Given its love of poison, Mega Zangoose is a great teammate for Toxic-weak mons that lure out the Zangoose roids.

Swalot: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Swalot
Type: Poison -> Poison
Abilities: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/Gluttony -> Stuffed (upon Mevolving/switching in, user has a full stockpile effect, minus the defensive boosts. This effect is lifted when Spit Up or Swallow are used)
New Moves: Nope!

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 73 -> 83 (+10)
Def: 83 -> 113 (+30)
SpA: 73 -> 103 (+30)
SpD: 83 -> 113 (+30)
Spe: 55 -> 55 (+0)
BST: 467 -> 567

Flavor Concept: Fatter and with an even sweeter stache.

Competitive Concept: I'll just edit a copy what I wrote earlier because I'm lazy.

Mega Swalot is defined by Stuffed, a new ability that's not only great flavor for a living stomach, but lets it use Swallow to fully recover its HP once per switch-in, or use a fully-powered Spit Up, which is a 300 BP attack. With 100/113/113 defenses and pure Poison typing, as well as a decent Special Attack of 103, Mega Swalot is perfectly built to use such an ability.

What keeps such an excellent ability from being gamebreaking? Mediocre stats (for a mega), the Stockpile effect going away when Swallow or Spit Up are used to prevent spamming, no way to boost its offense, and Sludge Bomb/Spit Up having literally the worst two-type coverage in the game (your best third move is Shadow Ball, which actually gives it great coverage resisted only by Tyranitar and Bisharp, but without STAB or a very good Special Attack stat it's not as good as it sounds). Still, even a resisted Spit Up has a BP of 150, and pure Poison typing mixed with decent bulk lets Swalot switch in plenty of times to either heal with Swallow or nuke with Spit Up, then retreat to recharge. Mega Swalot has excellent synergy with VoltTurn, working as the final cog in the momentum combo.

Swellow: Jaguar360
Swellow
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Guts/Scrappy (HA) --> Brute Force (see Ability spreadsheet for description)
Stats: 60/125(+40)/70(+10)/60(+10)/70(+20)/145(+20)
New Moves: none
With Brute Force, Mega Swellow gets to have physical Boomburst, Heat Wave, Air Slash and Hidden Power. It hits fast and hard, but is still rather frail and vulnerable to priority.

This opens the submission phase for Tropius, Wailord, and Walrein. Note that Torkoal is not included.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
MegaWalrein
Type: Water/Ice
Abilities: Thick Fat/Ice Body/(Oblivious) -> Blubber Bounce (When this Pokemon is hit by a physical move, the opponent receives 1/4 of damage dealt)
New Moves: Slack Off
HP: 110 -> 110
Atk: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Def: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SpA: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpD: 90 -> 125 (+35)
BST: 530 -> 630

Flavor Concept: Walrein's thick fat becomes more elastic and even thicker. The damage dealt to the enemy is the equivalent of the attack bouncing back (because of the fat and its elasticity). Many of its Pokedex entries say "Not only does its thick blubber keep it warm, it also protects it from attacks. It shatters ice with its prized tusks". Slack Off fits the "fat" theme.

Competitive Concept: MegaWalrein's new ability is one of the ways to make it a great wall. All contact moves against Walrein basically have 1/4 recoil damage. One of its utilities is access to Encore, which can make the opponent continually use contact moves or force a switch. In a case of desperation, MegaWalrein can switch in a physical sweeper with +6 and, by sacrificing itself, stop the sweeper. MegaWalrein can switch in common OU threats like Azumarill, giving it ~8% of damage back (in case of Play Rough) and receiving ~28%, which it can easily recover with Slack Off. Unlike Iron Barbs and Rough Skin, super effectiveness of the move on MegaWalrein is partially harmful to the opponent. MegaWalrein's 110/125/125 bulk and a new recovery move, paired with a good ability, finally makes it viable.

Last edited:
I think Bulletproof would be fine for Mega Torkoal. What's useful is that it provides an immunity to Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, and Shadow Ball. Or Filter, which is always good.

Tropius
Type: Grass/Flying -> Grass/Flying
Abilities: Chlorophyll, Solar Power (Harvest) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Brave Bird (Crobat isn't a bird either), Aqua Tail

HP: 99 -> 99
Atk: 68 -> 123 (+55)
Def: 83 -> 93 (+10)
SpA: 72 -> 72
SpD: 87 -> 92 (+5)
Spe: 51 -> 81 (+30)
BST: 460 -> 560
Wailord
Type: Water -> Water/Steel
Abilities: Water Veil, Oblivious (Pressure) -> Levitate
New Moves: Yawn

HP: 170 -> 170
Atk: 90 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 45 -> 90 (+45)
SpA: 90 -> 90
SpD: 45 -> 80 (+35)
Spe: 50 -> 50
BST: 500 -> 600
Walrein
Type: Ice/Water -> Ice/Water
Abilities: Thick Fat, Ice Body (Oblivious) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Zen Headbutt

Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpA: 95 -> 115 (+20)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 65
BST: 530 -> 630

Last edited:
Type: Ice/Water
Abilities: Thick Fat/Ice Body (Oblivious) -> Strong Jaw
New Moves: Brick Break (Noivern, Charizard, and Shelgon all get it, why not the powerful overweight seal?), Slack Off

Atk: 80 -> 140 (+60)
Def: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 95 -> 95
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 55 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Its pokedex entries mention that "It shatters ice with its prized tusks." Its tusks are used for biting things, so strong jaw. Brick break because it needed something super effective against ice, since it talks about destroying ice in the pokedex entries. Besides, pokemon like shelgon and noivern get it. Slack off because it is a huge seal that looks quite lazy.

Competitive Concept: It becomes a fairly good tank. Now with 110/120/110 defenses and 140 attack, it can bulk hits and deal the damage right back at the opponents. It has strong jaw, giving it 97.5 base power ice fangs, without accounting for STAB. It now also has a 120 base power crunch. Brick break can give it even more coverage.

Type: Water (same)
Abilities: Water Veil/Oblivious (Pressure) -> Unaware
New Moves: Rock Slide, Stealth Rock

Atk: 90 -> 90
Def: 45 -> 125 (+80)
SpA: 90 -> 100 (+10)
SpD: 45 -> 85 (+40)
Spe: 50 -> 20 (-30)

Flavor Concept: It can use rock tomb, earthquake, and fissure. Why not rock slide? It is obviously oblivious to everything so it is also very unaware. Stealth rock as various other mons can learn it, such as blissey and infernape. It helps a lot with support and stuff.

Competitive Concept: An amazing trick room sweeper, it can tank hits and can deal a lot of damage with its fast water spouts. Or it can be more defensive with scald, hoping for burns. It does have recovery, even though it is rest. It is now a slightly more mixed defensive blissey, with an amazing defensive ability. It does not, however, have as good of team support outside of stealth rock, which blissey also learns.

Type: Grass/Flying (same)
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Solar Power (Harvest) -> Tropical (Water Absorb and Fire Absorb combined)
New Moves: Brave Bird, Earth Power

Atk: 68 -> 88 (+20)
Def: 83 -> 93 (+10)
SpA: 72 -> 122 (+50)
SpD: 87 -> 97 (+10)
Spe: 51 -> 61 (+10)

Flavor Concept: It is mentioned multiple times that it lives in a tropical region. I just took the flavor and stretched it out a lot to make this mon viable, as it now has 3 immunities + an immunity to spore and stuff. Earth power because it already learns earthquake, bulldoze, and mudslap. Brave bird as a flying type, and not only birds get it.

Competitive Concept: Now a fairly bulky mon with 99/93/97 bulk and an awesome 3 immunities, it has the bulk to dragon dance and set up like that. It can also run a mixed set for any 'mons that are physically defensive, such as cofagrigus or aggron.

Last edited:
Tropius
Grass/Flying
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Solar Power/Harvest --> Aerialate
Stats: 99/68/83/72/87/51 --> 99/98(+30)/113(+30)/72(+0)/107(+20)/71(+20)
New Moves: +Power Whip +Sleep Powder
Mega Tropius works as a bulky Dragon Dancer that can find set-up opportunities with Sleep Powder. Tropius works particularly well with it, as it has a powerful Flying STAB to hurt grass type switch-ins.

Wailord
Water
Abilities: Water Veil/Oblivious/Pressure --> Mold Breaker
Stats: 170/90/45/90/45/60 --> 170/120/65/120/65/60
New Moves: +Shadow Ball +Earth Power
Mold Breaker is pretty interesting on Mega Wailord as it allows it to ignore Water-immune Pokemon, Levitators, Unaware users for Curse sets, Magic Bouncers and other miscellaneous stuff. Shadow Ball is just random coverage (Wailord makes a really big Shadow?) and Earth Power can be done thanks to its huge size and weight.

Here are a couple possible sets it could run:
Wailord @ Mega Stone
Ability: Water Veil / Oblivious --> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

Wailord @ Mega Stone
Ability: Water Veil / Oblivious --> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic / Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam / Rest / Clear Smog

Mega Tropuis
Tropius
Type: Grass/Dragon -> Grass/Dragon
Abilities: Chlorophyll, Solar Power (Harvest) -> Ivyate(Changes all normal moves to grass type and adds X1.3 damage) Feel free to change the name as I could not find the ability on the spreadsheet
New Moves: Double Edge, Aromatherapy

Atk: 68 -> 108(+40)
Def: 83 -> 103(+20)
SpD: 87 -> 107(+20)
Spe: 51 -> 71(+20)
BST: 460 -> 560
Flavor Concept: Tropius is a lot like Sceptile. They both belong to the monster category and have a pretty diverse dragon movepool. Outrage/Dragon Pulse/Dragon Dance. Also it has a dragon like appearance in its base form.
Competitive concept: It’s defensive typing is decent but it’s bulk is much better than M-Altaria. This allows it to function as a bulky DD along with Aromatherapy to heal off status that might hinder it. Double Edge is there to function well with Ivyate as a great STAB move. [HIDE/]

Would you guys be fine with Smokestack? Acestriker said it was OP when I submitted it (and I agreed, although now I'm reconsidering since Mega Torkoal dies to any decently powerful Earthquake), and it's a huge utility on top of a great typing, above average defenses, and Rapid Spin (another utility). We could also do Ignate, because everyone loves a near-unblockable Rapid Spin.

Would you guys be fine with Smokestack? Acestriker said it was OP when I submitted it (and I agreed, although now I'm reconsidering since Mega Torkoal dies to any decently powerful Earthquake), and it's a huge utility on top of a great typing, above average defenses, and Rapid Spin (another utility). We could also do Ignate, because everyone loves a near-unblockable Rapid Spin.
I think Smokestack would be decently balanced, because sure its an instant stop to an ongoing sweeper, but does nothing to prevent it from being set up on, unlike Unaware. I would ensure a niche I would imagine

I'm hesitant to add Smokestack because acestriker is the true leader of this project, and it could prove to be OP (also I don't like adding abilities when others would do just fine). Ignate sounds like the best choice, which would also alleviate the need for adding Flare Blitz.

Type: Grass/Flying -> Grass/Flying
Ability: Chlorophyll/Solar Power/Harvest -> Seed Drop (See abilities spreadsheet for description)
New Moves: U-Turn, Aromatherapy

Atk: 68 -> 98 (+30)
Def: 83 -> 113 (+30)
SpD: 87 -> 107 (+20)
Spe: 51 -> 71 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Tropius drops some fruit as it switches out, restoring the incoming Pokemon’s health. U-Turn because it flies around giving fruit to children (Pokedex), and Aromatherapy because of the fruit’s delicious aroma.

Competitive Concept: Despite possessing overall lackluster stats compared to the other Seed Drop user Exeggutor, Mega Tropius has a few tricks up its sleeve to give itself a niche. U-Turn provides neat momentum in conjunction with Seed Drop, and Aromatherapy is a great utility move on any team. However, if you’re looking for a Seed Dropper with more offensive pressure, Exeggutor is the way to go.

Wow, three out of four, thanks folks!

Mega Tropius
Type: Grass/Flying -> Grass/Dragon
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Solar Power/Harvest -> Filter
New Moves: Nope!

Atk: 68 -> 98 (+30)
Def: 83 -> 103 (+30)
SpA: 72 -> 72 (+0)
SpD: 87 -> 107 (+30)
Spe: 51 -> 61 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Fruit dragon!

Competitive Concept: With Filter bulwarking its many weaknesses, you can more fully enjoy its many x4 resistances (have at thee, Water/Grass/Electric!) and get in a few Dragon Dances. Outrage, Leaf Blade, and Earthquake have nifty coverage, hitting everything but airborne steels and Fairy/Flying.

Mega Wailord
Type: Water -> Water
Abilities: Water Veil/Oblivious/Pressure -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Rock Slide

Atk: 90 -> 90 (+0)
Def: 45 -> 105 (+60)
SpA: 90 -> 90 (+0)
SpD: 45 -> 105 (+60)
Spe: 50 -> 30 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Wailord is huger, derpier. A lone Skitty rides atop it.

Competitive Concept: Mega Wailord is crazy bulky, as it's a friggin whale. While it only made gains in its defenses, Sheer Force makes its 90 offenses better than they look. Its moveset veers physical, and with Rock Slide in its arsenal, it runs a nifty Curse set with Waterfall/Rock Slide/Earthquake for perfect coverage outside of Breloom and Chesnaught. Unfortunately it can no longer get Scald burn if it does go special, but Waterfall and Rock Slide getting boosts more than makes up for it.

Mega Walrein
Type: Ice/Water -> Ice/Water
Abilities: Thick Fat/Ice Body/Oblivious -> Ice Age (all non-SE moves used against user are changed to Ice-type)
New Moves: Icicle Crash

Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Def: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 95 -> 95 (+0)
SpD: 90 -> 120 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Walrein gets John Lennon glasses.

Competitive Concept: With Ice Age, Walrein double-resists every move besides Rock, Electric, Grass, Fighting. Add 110/120/120 defenses and holy crow, that's one bulky Mega (too bad it can't simultaneously retain Thick Fat for that ultra-rare x8 resistance). Unfortunately it has to deal with a meta where its weaknesses are very common coverage types (Grass less so, but still), but against certain mons Walrein is essentially impervious. 120 Attack and Icicle Crash let it actually do something with that bulk, using its wider physical movepool.

Here's a handy list of standard-set mons Walrein walls that rank S or A in the viability topic:

-Charizard X
-Greninja (barring HP Grass/Grass Knot)
-Latios (barring HP Fighting)
-Azumarill (barring Superpower)
-Bisharp
-Clefable (barring Toxic)
-Garchomp
-Heatran
-Pinsir (but it can adapt with Close Combat over Earthquake)
-Scizor/Mega Scizor (barring Superpower)
-Talonflame
-Dragonite
-Gyarados/MegaGyarados (barring Stone Edge)
-Slowbro
-Jirachi
-Diggersby (barring Wild Charge)
-Manaphy (barring Energy Ball)
-Politoed (barring Toxic or Focus Blast)

That may look like a lot of "barring", but many of these are non-standard coverage options or options only used on certain sets. And just feast your eyes on the mons that Ice Age Walrein tanks without caveats. Beautiful.

Last edited:
Type: Water -> Water
Abilities: Water Veil/Oblivious/Pressure) -> Make A Wish (Uses wish when switched in)
New Moves: Calm Mind

Atk: 90 -> 90
Def: 45 -> 100 (+55)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 45 -> 90 (+45)
Spe: 50 -> 20 (-30)

Flavor Concept: Whales are often equivicated with space. Space whales or something and Wailord hasd 170 HP. Do you really need any other explanation on how to turn something useful into a team player? Calm Mind compensates the lower SpDef stat compared to Def. Otherwise, what's there to say?! Nothing, really.

Mega Wailord
Type: Water -> Water/Steel
Abilities: Water Veil/Oblivious/Pressure -> Full Force (All variable power moves hit with their maximum BP)
New Moves:

Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 45 -> 55 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpD: 45 -> 75 (+30)
Spe: 60 -> 60 (0)
BST: 500 -> 600

So my idea for this came from A. this thing normally uses specs Water Spout like kyogre and also has heavy slam and B. Its pokedex entries mentions it crashing down on top of other pokemon, knocking them out. Thus with Full Force (I couldnt come up with a better name) Mega Wailord has strong reliable STABs.

Last edited:
Sabreholo, here's no precedent for a mon getting Spit Up but not Stockpile or Swallow. If you want to use Spit Up then those are the other two moves in your quota.

In any case, 170/55/75 with pure Water typing is plenty bulky for a mon that fires off 225 BP Water Spouts and 300 BP Spit Ups (these two moves alone cover every mon but Empoleon, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Jellicent, and Trevenant (also Giratina and Dialga in Ubers)) from a 130 Special Attack and with no drawbacks. And that's ignoring the flavorless 200 BP Reversal.

There's a reason I gave Swalot's auto-Stockpile its limitations: Spit Up is borderline gamebreaking if it can be fired willy-nilly. This Wailord is a bit OP is what I'm getting at.

Last edited:
Type: Grass/Flying -> Grass/Dragon
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Solar Power/Harvest -> Equatorial (It's too hot for snow beyond the equator. Prevents the use of all ice moves from all mons in play and stops hail instantly.)
New Moves: Heatwave, Coil, Nasty Plot
Atk: 68 -> 90 (+22)
Def: 83 -> 110 (+37)
SpA: 72 -> 95 (+23)
SpD: 87 -> 115 (+38)
Spe: 51 -> 31 (-20)

Concept: Tell me all about the snowstorms that happen in Panama... go ahead, I'm listening. Yep, down where all them tropical fruits are, snow is hella common, and Tropius benefits. Slow, and treelike, the long neck coils about like a snake, even if it has a limb covered body. You won't need speed, trust me!

It's best to play a bit more defensively, abusing your excellent resistance set of 4x Grass/water/elec resists, a ground resist and a technical Ice immunity. There are still weaknesses: poison, flying, bug and fairy come to mind instantly, and they're no small thing to just get around. Skarmory will laugh at your resisted hits as will Heatran and steels in general and Heatwave might not be a prudent choice on a physical set (fliers won't care about Earthquake.)

You have to put in some work, and you're hella slow, even with an impressive 99/110/115 defenses.

Mega Tropius

Grass/Flying ----> Grass/Flying

Chlorophyll/Solar Power/Harvest ----> Gale Wings

99/68/83/72/87/51 ----> 99/108/103/102/107/41 (--/+40/+20/+30/+20/-10)

New Moves: Brave Bird

Mega Tropius takes a leaf from Talonflame’s book, getting Gale Wings as an ability. Gale Wings lets Mega Tropius use priority Brave Bird, Roost, or Air Slash, which is a great thing for it considering its low speed. Its increased defenses also help it a lot, letting Mega Tropius take more hits or set up some Dragon Dances.

Last edited:
Sabreholo , here's no precedent for a mon getting Spit Up but not Stockpile or Swallow. If you want to use Spit Up then those are the other two moves in your quota.

In any case, 170/55/75 with pure Water typing is plenty bulky for a mon that fires off 225 BP Water Spouts and 300 BP Spit Ups (these two moves alone cover every mon but Empoleon, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Jellicent, and Trevenant (also Giratina and Dialga in Ubers)) from a 130 Special Attack and with no drawbacks. And that's ignoring the flavorless 200 BP Reversal.

There's a reason I gave Swalot's auto-Stockpile its limitations: Spit Up is borderline gamebreaking if it can be fired willy-nilly. This Wailord is a bit OP is what I'm getting at.
Well in regards for spit up, it is true there is no precedent for a mon w/o stockpile as well, there are however there are mons without the trifecta (qwilfish for example) but regardless I'll just remove the new moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)