ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people are having troubles with emails they received, is anyone else still looking at an "empty" inbox though? It's 5:30pm in the west coast, I'm off work and I STILL haven't gotten my code. I'm starting to wonder if I did something wrong. I need reassurance from other people still waiting please.

I just don't understand why they didn't make it in-store Nintendo Zone like in the UK. Was much simpler, easier, quicker, none of these problems occuring in the slightest and even if there was a little problem you had in-store staff to help you. Dunno what the fuck NoA is thinking

I see a lot of people are having troubles with emails they received, is anyone else still looking at an "empty" inbox though? It's 5:30pm in the west coast, I'm off work and I STILL haven't gotten my code. I'm starting to wonder if I did something wrong. I need reassurance from other people still waiting please.
If it makes you feel any better, its currently 8:38pm EST where i am and my inbox has never been so clean >.>

but i gotta say that whole "week" thing seems like bull sh*t...not that its fake but that we have to wait up to a week, i mean i get the whole batches at a time but i was under the impression we were ment to play every day from demo release to main game release...and not only do we have to wait the longest out of the world to play said demo....but now we lose even more time waiting and hoping we are in the next batch to get it :/

reminds me of when pottermore was first opened....ended up waiting a month just to get in

and another thing...WTF is up with only steelite being in japan >.>

Edit: ^ pic above made me chuckle xD

I don't have it either, and I'm on the east coast...or at least in Ohio; it's eight thirty here. I wonder how they're organizing the batches. I mean, I set up my account back when I registered for the Global Link for White, but I only just opted into the newsletter yesterday. Has anyone who's opted in during the last few days received the code yet?

I know demos are cool and we've all been anticipating the game, but is waiting a bit longer to play it really something to panic about? I mean, eventually we're all gonna log over 300 hours of our lives away on it anyway. Just do other stuff meanwhile.

Anyway, I haven't posted in a while but I'm happy with most of the megas we've gotten. Still think Audino is complete failure on Gamefreak's part.

I don't have it either, and I'm on the east coast...or at least in Ohio; it's eight thirty here. I wonder how they're organizing the batches. I mean, I set up my account back when I registered for the Global Link for White, but I only just opted into the newsletter yesterday. Has anyone who's opted in during the last few days received the code yet?
I did. And I can finally see the code now. All I have to say is don't give up. I was also worried about it and did get the mail in the end. Now I'm hoping the download will run smoothly

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Also something i noticed and i don't know if this has been discussed yet, in the collection of Trainer Mugshots : Maxie and Archie are missing. (or i am completely blind).
Is there a reason (like the missing lvlup moves for pokémon obtainable in the demo) or does that mean the demo is really missing things (so possibly new megas) ?
They don't have mugshots, but 3D models. I don't think we have Steven either.

Looks like we have music files. A few interesting ones:

STRM_BGM_VS_DEOXYS
STRM_BGM_VS_FLARE
STRM_BGM_VS_FLARE_BOSS

STRM_BGM_VS_GIRATINA
STRM_BGM_VS_HOUOU
STRM_BGM_VS_LUGIA

And of course...
STRM_BGM_VS_BFRONTIER

http://pastebin.com/NgJ4vPZh
Dude fuck that noise, DEOXYS

With PSS System (i think, right?) being confirmed and everyone's OT being Orlando (i don't know if there will be girl option as it wasn't in the Demo) , how will the PSS System work? Will we just see everyone as Orlando? I kind of doubt that but I don't really know how we're going to be able to navigate and tell the difference between people in the PSS System with everyone going to be Orlando. excuse me if i'm asking a dumb question that has a blatantly obvious answer. lmao.

edit; yes, im a dumbass. kill me

Last edited:
With PSS System (i think, right?) being confirmed and everyone's OT being Orlando (i don't know if there will be girl option as it wasn't in the Demo) , how will the PSS System work? Will we just see everyone as Orlando? I kind of doubt that but I don't really know how we're going to be able to navigate and tell the difference between people in the PSS System with everyone going to be Orlando. excuse me if i'm asking a dumb question that has a blatantly obvious answer. lmao.
Pretty sure the OT will be the name you enter.

I don't think the real game will force you to choose to be a guy and have the name Orlando etc.

I've been having the "code not appearing" problems, but now it's in my hands!!! My precious....
Sorry, went Gollum on my 3DS.
It's weird seeing a section for contest after four-and-a-half years. But why does it have to be pink?
BuzzNav mentions a sale next month at Lilycove Department Store. Right when I go. Sweet.
Hmm...an area in the south of Mossdeep filled with trees that we could not enter in Gen III. Maybe something will be hidden here (Mega Stone?).
A mysterious white rock in Mossdeep relating to space? Well, we have our Deoxys rock!
We can sneaky walk now!!!! Thank you, Circle Pad!!! (Thought that was just for that one feature)
*sigh* Separate Poké Marts confirmed.... Also, boring outer designs for gyms again. Black and White spoiled us. Though I do like the new Pokémon Center designs.
3D Hoenn...*drools*
The wild encounter theme sounds amazing! So much nostalgia (which is weird since I didn't play Ruby until I was seventeen, about seven years after it came out).
I will continue my comments about the demo later. Just too much to experience for me to wait!

I would think the WiiU and 3DS eShop run on seperate servers, so I don't think Smash/ORAS being released on the same day would be an issue.

But then again, I don't know how Nintendo runs their servers, so I could be wrong. But if the eShop runs on a single server for both consoles, all I got to say is...lol.

Anyway, still no code. Really hope it'll be there by the time I get back home, otherwise my inner 2003 self is gonna be moody like a Glalie.
This is why I buy physical copies. That and I like being able to easily switch between DSes to trade between games.

It's also why Brendan/May, Wally #2, and presumably Zinnia lack mugshots
Yup. Seems like the 3D models for battles belong to:

• Brendan / May
  • Wally
  • Steven
  • Maxie / Archie
  • That Zinnia character

Kinda disappointed that the grunts don't get a 3D model, but they probably scrapped them so they could do the Trainer Horde and/or give the model space to someone who could use it.

I was thinking in my head as I played the demo, "I hope May's name isn't 'Miami' or some shit."

apologies to anyone living in Miami

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Well, after a hectic day, I finally downloaded the demo and played through the first five missions, so here's my thoughts on it so far:

Graphics are awesome, though the sideways view thingy at the begining of a battle (compared to the front view/180 degree turn the camera does in X/Y) feels way off to me. Guess it's something I'll get used to though. The touch screen also feels a bit "over decorated" to me. Besides that, everything looks great.

The soundtrack is awesome! Nostalgic, but fresh at the same time. The sound pieces present in the demo also do a great job at staying true to the original GBA soundtracks, which is something HGSS failed at doing with most of its ost. The trainer battle theme also reminds me of Pokemon Colosseum, which is cool.

May seems to show a lot of expression in the 1st mission, which is a potential plus in my book. She was unnecessarily bland and annoying in the original games, so more expression, if done right, will hopefully make her like-able now.

Mossdeep city went through a growth spurt over the past decade; It's amazing how much bigger it feels in the demo compared to its GBA counterpart, excluding the rocket dock. Made me realize the GBA didn't do Hoenn justice with its size; it's gonna be awesome seeing the region's true size on the 3DS.

Steven confirmed "pretty boy" by Tabitha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)