PS Art/Writing Event: Secret Santa

PS Art/Writing Event: Secret Santa
Posted with permission from SolarisFox and OtterPower

Sign-Up Deadline: Friday, October 10th (CLOSED)
Delivery Deadline: Sunday, October 26th

FAQ
So what is this?
This is an event for the Pokemon Showdown Art Room where you are randomly assigned another participant to create something for! This something can range from a painting, pixel art, composed music, a 3D model, a piece of writing, Photoshop collages, crafts, or anything else creative that you can come up with :) And the best part? You will also receive something from someone else as well!

What do I have to do to sign up?
Signups are closed! Contact Nerina if you missed it and really want to sign up :<
Just fill in this form (http://bit.ly/ArtSecretSantaNew) before the sign-up deadline!
After the deadline passes, you will then be contacted by Nerina, Otter Power or SolarisFox with the name of the person you will be making stuff for :) You will then have approximately two weeks to make something for the person you are assigned to. The deadline for sending your piece to the person you are assigned to is October 26th, but you are welcome to send it to them early or work on multiple pieces :)

What if something comes up and I can't finish my piece?/What if the person who I'm assigned to is busy? Does that mean I will get nothing?
We would really appreciate it if you could try to finish your piece, but we understand that sometimes things can come up and it is simply not possible. Please contact Nerina, Otter Power or SolarisFox and let us know as soon as possible so we can make adjustments.
If the deadline has passed and you haven't heard from the person who was supposed to make something for you, please contact one of us as well. We will make sure that if you make something, you will definitely receive something. You might get a special piece from Nerina <3

Do I need to be a member of the art room to participate?
You need a Pokemon Showdown account to participate. You don't need to be a regular user in the Art room, but if you are not, be sure to leave other contact information so that you can be contacted! If the organizers cannot contact you, unfortunately you will not be able to be a part of the event.

What happens to the art pieces once the event ends?
They will be immortalized on our room website :D So please make sure that your piece is appropriate and does not contain excessive violence, nudity, etc. The organizers reserve the right to not post pieces that we deem inappropriate.

*New* How do I submit the final piece?
Link to it in this thread when it is done, and it will be added to the original post as well as the art room website! Alternately, PM Nerina, Otter Power or SolarisFox on Showdown or on Smogon :)

Survey has been updated with more interesting questions! If you have already signed up, you don't need to fill it in again if you don't want to, but you are definitely welcome to.

Any further questions? Please feel free to contact Nerina, Otter Power or SolarisFox on Pokemon Showdown or post in this thread <3

Gallery
By User of Shadows
By Modeling Clay
By Sunfished
By justinjiaxinghu
By Kujobro
By Ryuu Girl
By awiec
By Prinny Master
By MessyBug
By Anonymous
By DiscreditedCurly
By Otter Power
By Anonymous
By Shades of Zoroark
By April
By Crubat
By PixelMoniac_
By Ninety Nine
By Blue Kitteh
By Pkrs
By Yashika

List of participants
April
PixelMoniac_
TheGreatLeon19
Kujobro
ModelingClay
Sunfished
Magistrum
faxxifer
Yashika
PrinnyMaster
NinetyNine
Pkrs
ShadesofZoroark
Crubat
awiec
Gridster (now ZetaKE)
mewsthebest
AngelKimiko
OtterPower
TechnotheKitty
RoyalJelliefish
HallowedThoughts
uselesstrainer
BlueKitteh
fluze
DiscreditedCurly
justinjiaxinghu
CorruptedAngel
Ryuu Girl
User of Shadows
MessyBug

Last edited:
I'm not the best artist but I'm decent at making cutesy pokemon out of clay, they would make a nice paper weight.

*New* How do I submit the final piece?
Link to it in this thread when it is done, and it will be added to the original post as well as the art room website! Alternately, PM Nerina, Otter Power or SolarisFox on Showdown or on Smogon :)

Survey has been updated with more interesting questions! If you have already signed up, you don't need to fill it in again if you don't want to, but you are definitely welcome to.
Click here for the new survey! (http://bit.ly/ArtSecretSantaNew)

Edit: We are now a joint event between the Art and Writing rooms! <3

Last edited:
Signups have closed, and most all of the assignments have been given out!

The following users have been PM'd on PS!
Kujobro
ModelingClay
Magistrum
Crubat
Gridster (now ZetaKE)
AngelKimiko
OtterPower
uselesstrainer
Sunfished
Blue Kitteh
PixelMoniac_
(New) User of Shadows
Ryuu Girl
Shades of Zoroark
April

The following users have been PM'd on Smogon

The following users have been emailed
TheGreatLeon19
Yashika
Prinny Master
mewsthebest
DiscreditedCurly
Corrupted Angel

The following users have been noted on dA
Royal Jelliefish

All participants have been contacted! The remaining users will be contacted within the next day or two. Please let me know if your name is crossed out but you haven't received your assignment, or if you signed up but your name is not on the list. Thank you!

Last edited:
Quite cute, the user name was a bit misleading as one would expect something made of clay:P
Message from Modeling Clay:
[19:31:12] Modeling Clay: Tell him I did make something out of clay
[19:31:17] Modeling Clay: but couldnt make him stand up
[19:31:19] Modeling Clay: cuz its clay
[19:31:32] Modeling Clay: And give him my gallery for proof I do do clay

Well having to follow that, now mine will look like crap. This is for Mewsthebest. This is a scan of the picture, it's a JPEG but it is of decent enough quality to be used as an avatar or what have you. I was originally going to do a clay sculpture (more of my specialty) but some personal stuff came up and by the time I was free I could not realistically make a quality sculpture, bake it, paint it and then ship it before the deadline so I figured a little painting would work.
Medium: Gesso Board and Acrylic Paint
Time: About 5 hours as I would paint a layer and then let it dry.
Thought Process: Mew stated that well, Mew was their favorite pokemon BUT they did not like the color pink, so I decided to paint a shiny mew which is blue (their favorite color). They also requested something Christmas themed so I have a Mew with a little night cap on dreaming of poorly painted candy canes and pokeballs.

Last edited:
Well, here's my drawing terrible recolour for TechnotheKitty! Lucky you, you got a bad artist-no, a bad spriter for this. Hope you like tho~!

This one's for April!

The request was "anything I like to draw", which is my character, but I wanted to make it extra special and include you in there with me <3. Halfway through this I forgot how shading works, so, uh, I hope I remembered it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)