Lickilicky [QC 2/3] Write up in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Overview
########
  • Great overall bulk
  • Fantastic support moves in Wish, Protect, and Heal Bell
  • Good ability in Oblivious that lets Lickilicky do its job 100% of the time, and Own Tempo that prevents Lickilicky from being confused letting it take on Chatot
  • Lickilicky can wall specially based Pokemon such as Kadabra, Altaria, Articuno, Camerupt, Electrode, Ninetales, Rotom-Frost, and Serperior
  • Decent offensive stat which prevents Lickilicky from being setup on, as Body Slam can break Substitutes and Dragon Tail can phase opposing Pokemon out
  • Likes to keep its own wishes

Specially Defensive
########
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Body Slam / Knock Off
move 4: Heal Bell / Dragon Tail
ability: Oblivious
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
nature: Careful

Moves
========
  • Wish is used for recovery
  • Protect to gain the wish without any damage and to scout choice locked opponents
  • Body Slam is for the paralysis chance and a STAB damaging move
  • Knock Off for crippling opponents, and for Ghost-types like Sub NP Missy
  • Heal Bell to heal status from its self and teammates
  • Dragon Tail is so that Lickilicky is not setup bait

Set Details
========
  • Standard specially defensive spread
  • Careful nature to further increase special defense
  • Leftovers for increased longevity
  • Oblivious to prevent taunting, allows Lickilicky to fulfill its role of a cleric 100% of the time
  • Own Tempo prevents Lickilicky from getting confused and can be used to counter Chatot

Usage Tips
========
  • Switch Lickilicky into specially based Pokemon such as Altaria, Articuno, Camerupt, Electrode, Ninetales, Rotom-Frost, Serperior and Kababra, be careful against Kadabra and Rotom-Frost as Kadabra can be annoying with Encore and Rotom-Frost can predict the switch and Trick
  • Protect should be used to scout Pokemon you know are using a choice item
  • If you predict your opponent to start setting up on Lickilicky use Dragon Tail to phase them out
  • Wish can be used to pass health to teammates, however be careful when passing as Lickilicky likes to stay above 70% so it can switch back in later in the match. Be wary of Roar / Whirlwind users as they can phase you out when you are trying to Protect to receive your Wish and leave Lickilicky at little to no health. Also be wary of Wish passing around Roar / Whirlwind users as they can phase you out from your intended recipient.
  • Protect after using Wish if Lickilicky is below 40% health or you know the next attack is going to KO it

Team Options
========
  • Pokemon who resists Fighting-type moves make good teammates for Lickilicky such as Gourgeist-S, Garbodor, Gourgeist-XL, and Misdreavus, and Shedinja lol
  • Pokemon who can setup hazards such as Garbodor, Roselia, and Carracosta. Carrying a spin blocker in conjunction with the entry hazards to prevent Rapid Spinning such as Gourgeist-S, Gourgeist-XL, and Misdreavus.
  • If Lickilicky is not carrying Heal Bell of its own it likes to have a cleric as a teammate, Pokemon such as Musharna, Altaria, and Grumpig are good users.
  • Hazard Removal pokemon such as Pelipper and Avalugg can help Lickilicky from being 2HKO on switchin

Other Options
########
  • Choice Band
  • SD / Belly Drum
  • Toxic
  • Colorful movepool

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-Types**: Fighting-types such as Throh and Poliwrath can come in on any of Lickilicky's attacks taking little damage, they can then either set up on Lickilicky or threaten it out with a STAB move. Lickilicky can predict switch-ins of Fighting-types and use Dragon Tail in combination with hazards up to be able to check them.

**Status**: Statuses such as burn and toxic can seriously compromise Lickilicky's ability to switch into hits, the residual damage can mean the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO. Pokemon who can lay Toxic Spikes such as Garbodor and Roselia, Pokemon that commonly carry Toxic such as Articuno, Bastiodon, and Avalugg, whom Lickilicky likes to switch in on, and Pokemon that commonly carry Will-O-Wisp such as Camerupt and Ninetales.

**Strong Attackers**: Strong Attackers such as Choice Specs Aurorus, Beheeyem, and Focus Blast Simisear can overwhelm Lickilicky if it tries to switch into them to take their attacks, especially with hazards on the field.

**Trick**: Trick users such as Rotom-Frost and Mr. Mime that Lickilicky likes to switch in on can predict the switch and use Trick, which can seriously limit Lickilicky's ability to support its team, limiting it to only one move.

Overview
########
  • Great overall bulk
  • Fantastic support moves in Wish, Protect, and Heal Bell
  • Good ability in Oblivious that lets Lickilicky do its job 100% of the time, and Own Tempo that prevents Lickilicky from being confused letting it take on Chatot
  • Lickilicky can wall specially based Pokemon such as Kadabra, Altaria, Articuno, Camerupt, Electrode, Ninetales, Rotom-Frost, and Serperior
  • Decent offensive stat which prevents Lickilicky from being setup on, as Body Slam can break Substitutes and Dragon Tail can phase opposing Pokemon out
  • Likes to keep its own wishes

Specially Defensive
########
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Body Slam / Knock Off
move 4: Heal Bell / Dragon Tail
ability: Oblivious
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
nature: Careful

Moves
========
  • Wish is used for recovery
  • Protect to gain the wish without any damage and to scout choice locked opponents
  • Body Slam is for the paralysis chance and a STAB damaging move
  • Knock Off for crippling opponents, and for Ghost-types like Sub NP Missy
  • Heal Bell to heal status from its self and teammates
  • Dragon Tail is so that Lickilicky is not setup bait

Set Details
========
  • Standard specially defensive spread
  • Careful nature to further increase special defense
  • Leftovers for increased longevity
  • Oblivious to prevent taunting, allows Lickilicky to fulfill its role of a cleric 100% of the time
  • Own Tempo prevents Lickilicky from getting confused and can be used to counter Chatot

Usage Tips
========
  • Switch Lickilicky into specially based Pokemon such as Altaria, Articuno, Camerupt, Electrode, Ninetales, Rotom-Frost, Serperior and Kababra, be careful against Kadabra and Rotom-Frost as Kadabra can be annoying with Encore and Rotom-Frost can predict the switch and Trick
  • Protect should be used to scout Pokemon you know are using a choice item
  • If you predict your opponent to start setting up on Lickilicky use Dragon Tail to phase them out
  • Wish can be used to pass health to teammates, however be careful when passing as Lickilicky likes to stay above 70% so it can switch back in later in the match. Be wary of Roar / Whirlwind users as they can phase you out when you are trying to Protect to receive your Wish and leave Lickilicky at little to no health. Also be wary of Wish passing around Roar / Whirlwind users as they can phase you out from your intended recipient.
  • Protect after using Wish if Lickilicky is below 40% health or you know the next attack is going to KO it

Team Options
========
  • Pokemon who resists Fighting-type moves make good teammates for Lickilicky such as Gourgeist-S, Garbodor, Gourgeist-XL, and Misdreavus, and Shedinja lol
  • Pokemon who can setup hazards such as Garbodor, Roselia, and Carracosta. Carrying a spin blocker in conjunction with the entry hazards to prevent Rapid Spinning such as Gourgeist-S, Gourgeist-XL, and Misdreavus.
  • If Lickilicky is not carrying Heal Bell of its own it likes to have a cleric as a teammate, Pokemon such as Musharna, Altaria, and Grumpig are good users.
  • Hazard Removal pokemon such as Pelipper and Avalugg can help Lickilicky from being 2HKO on switchin

Other Options
########
  • Choice Band
  • SD / Belly Drum
  • Toxic
  • Colorful movepool

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-Types**: Fighting-types such as Throh and Poliwrath can come in on any of Lickilicky's attacks taking little damage, they can then either set up on Lickilicky or threaten it out with a STAB move. Lickilicky can predict switch-ins of Fighting-types and use Dragon Tail in combination with hazards up to be able to check them.

**Status**: Statuses such as burn and toxic can seriously compromise Lickilicky's ability to switch into hits, the residual damage can mean the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO. Pokemon who can lay Toxic Spikes such as Garbodor and Roselia, Pokemon that commonly carry Toxic such as Articuno, Bastiodon, and Avalugg, whom Lickilicky likes to switch in on, and Pokemon that commonly carry Will-O-Wisp such as Camerupt and Ninetales.

**Strong Attackers**: Strong Attackers such as Choice Specs Aurorus, Beheeyem, and Focus Blast Simisear can overwhelm Lickilicky if it tries to switch into them to take their attacks, especially with hazards on the field.

**Trick**: Trick users such as Rotom-Frost and Mr. Mime that Lickilicky likes to switch in on can predict the switch and use Trick, which can seriously limit Lickilicky's ability to support its team, limiting it to only one move.

Last edited:

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Moving this into QC stage, I will add in pokemon for the C&C portion I listed later.

Edit: added them in

Last edited:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Add Trick users to C&C. Mention that Roar and Whirlwind users can phaze Lickilicky out on the turn it uses Protect to prevent it from receiving its own Wishes.

Ares

Add Trick users to C&C. Mention that Roar and Whirlwind users can phaze Lickilicky out on the turn it uses Protect to prevent it from receiving its own Wishes.
If you protect on the roar / whirlwind then you get the wish, did you mean when it tries to Wish Pass?

Edit: added in Trick, and a usage tip about passing on whirlwind / roar users.

Last edited:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
roar and whirlwind goes through protect iirc. that means it'll be phazed on the turn it would have received its Wish. someone confirm plz, i'm at work

Ares

I could of sworn they didn't, that might of been last gen or maybe not at all lol, anyways I double checked just to be certain and it does phase them out. Added in a point in Usage Tips about being weary about it.

WDM EDIT: wary* :P

Mont Edit: sshshshsshhhh :P

Last edited:
It was last gen.

I'd also give a mention to Avalugg in team options, as it's a sturdy physical wall that helps remove the entry hazards that wear Lickilicky down.

Ares

It was last gen.

I'd also give a mention to Avalugg in team options, as it's a sturdy physical wall that helps remove the entry hazards that wear Lickilicky down.
The problem with Avalugg is that it doesnt synergize well with Lickilicky, Fighting-spam isnt as big a thing in PU but still switching into a fighting type isnt something Avalugg wants to do as it can get 2HKO'd if rocks are up :/

Those are some really nice set you have. n_n I would add into the Other Options, Fire Punch, Earthquake and Power Whip for more type coverage and Explosion cause of STAB as a last resort move.

The problem with Avalugg is that it doesnt synergize well with Lickilicky, Fighting-spam isnt as big a thing in PU but still switching into a fighting type isnt something Avalugg wants to do as it can get 2HKO'd if rocks are up :/
Yes, but Lickilicky is almost always being paired with both Gourgeist-XL and Garbodor (or Pokemon of similar typing), which helps to negate it. You could also mention Pelipper, but removing your own hazards is kinda meh.

I just seems like no mention of any hazard remover is bleh when this thing is probably going to be passing Wishes to its teammates during the match.

Ares

Yeah I can see how hazard removal can help licky, it can mean the difference between getting 2hko and 3hkod, ill make a mention of it.

This looks pretty good, only thing I have to say is that Dusknoir doesn't really fit onto the same teams lickilicky does, I'd mention Gourgeist-XL and Misdreavus in team options instead as those are more stall-oriented spinblockers.

QC 1/3

I think Own Tempo could use a mention somewhere on the analysis to help better deal with Chatot. Seriously, that thing's a bitch, and without it you have the chance to be Chatter haxed to death. Own Tempo means no confusion, allowing Lickilicky to beat it 100% of the time. The amount Pokemon that actually use Taunt in PU are pretty minimal, anyways. (Electrode and Vullaby are the only two I could think of, with the former not being particularly common and the latter not even carrying Taunt a good portion of the time. There's also Kricketune I guess, but there are better Pokemon to send out against Lead Krickitune than Lickilicky, not to mention it'd prefer to Endeavor you when it's at 1 HP.)

Also, maybe it's just me, but I kind of feel like Knock Off and Heal Bell should be slashed before Body Slam and Dragon Tail. A lot of the times, the Pokemon Lickilicky will be paired up with will be using Rest, making Heal Bell a great asset to the team. It can also just cure status in general, such as burns from Gourgeist. Knock Off is also a really great move that helps it to deal with non-Sub Disable Haunter, Misdreavus, Gourgeist, and others. Body Slam and Dragon Tail are good, but I think Heal Bell and Knock Off are overall better.

You should also put why you'd use Oblivious in Set Details.

I think Own Tempo could use a mention somewhere on the analysis to help better deal with Chatot. Seriously, that thing's a bitch, and without it you have the chance to be Chatter haxed to death. Own Tempo means no confusion, allowing Lickilicky to beat it 100% of the time. The amount Pokemon that actually use Taunt in PU are pretty minimal, anyways. (Electrode and Vullaby are the only two I could think of, with the former not being particularly common and the latter not even carrying Taunt a good portion of the time. There's also Kricketune I guess, but there are better Pokemon to send out against Lead Krickitune than Lickilicky, not to mention it'd prefer to Endeavor you when it's at 1 HP.)
Completely agree on this part

Ares

Yeah I'll update this when I get a chance to get on a computer if I remember, am on my phone atm. I am also dislike having Knock Off as Licki's only attacking move, ill post more about that when I've updated the thread with Own Tempo. Also Heal Bell is a very viable option for Lickilicky but Dragon Tail is overall more useful to licky as it prevents set up (which just knock off begs for) and can phaze out common switch ins like Poliwrath, which with hazards up can really wear it down quickly.

galbia ill also beef up C&C and tag you when I do.

Overview needs mentions of Pokemon Lickilicky can wall, first line if usage tips has to be "Switch Lickilicky into x, x, x, etc". Mention Kadabra here but talk about its Encore being a pain. Slash Heal Bell before Dragon Tail, but keep Body Slam where it is, or you can't break Serperior's Substitutes, something you should wall.

QC 2/3

Ares

Implemented the changes, will have this written up sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)