XY RU Volt-Turn To Exploud (Peaked #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys King here with my first rmt since i'm lazy. I came up with this team after seeing how much stall was being used. based around the god of wall breakers exploud.

" ]This team got me to rank 1 with little problem.

Now we shall move on to the team ;

what is moltres (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

This is my switch in to one of the most potent wall breakers none as moltres and meloetta with the rare psychic. It helps weaken Registeel and Gligar cores. It also forces switches with acid spray giving a turn for exploud to come in. It may not be able to take 2 fire blasts from moltres but can be a check.

Control Hazards (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gligar is just a normal gligar that is slower than other gliagr to get slow turns. It's there for hazards control considering we have a fletchinder. It walls well know physical threats and can defog on almost any physical attacker. With the help of cobalion it keeps rocks off the field for most of the game helping fletchinder out for the majority of the game considering fletch is a threat but has a x4 weakness to stealth rock.

Stall? (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Exploud is just a wall breaker that has no switch-ins. With Registeel gone and anything that doesn't get 2hko'd you basically get a kill everytime you get it in with a u-turn or volt switch. Play this thing safely and stay away from knock offs, fast fighting types and special defensive jellicent which gets 3hko'd. It basically kills most things and is the base of this team's offensive core.

So Fancy (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

This think is on most balance teams due to it's versatility and taunt with rocks. This has one of the fastest non prankster taunts in RU. Honestly I think this is the best lead at the moment. As to the main plan of the team it has volt switch to get exploud in on mons if the opponent switches out. With it's good speed of base 108 it can work to revenge weak things with close combat. (Most of the time it loses to gligar so i usually taunt and switch out.) In conjuction with spiritomb and gligar it gets rid of audino, amoongus, and most physical presences.

Wonder Burd (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Meet the almighy Burd, it's the best at what it does which is either revenge killing, setting up after will o wisping physical mons, or weakening mons for exploud to just win. Not much to say about this one because it does what it moves do which is setup. be careful of sd doublade without exploud to stop it from using shadow claw. Fletch is my only mon that checks Swords dance virizion due to it's priority flying attack. If you see a virizion it's safe to save fletchinder and get it in on a free switch because they may carry stone edge.

psychic trapper (Spiritomb) @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

It does what it's name said, traps psychic types such as delphox, slowking and Meloetta. It can also beat doublade if it wins ties. spin blocker and can wisps threats known as hitmonlee, rhyperior,and gallade. Spritomb is kind of here as a spin blocker and utility. It can soften up teams with it's stabs and will o wisp others. With infiltrator it's moves go through sub meaning it can will o wisps sub bulk up Gallade. Lastly I used the 44 speed to tie with doublade unless they have a little more added speed.

I think i covered this team pretty well and has little weakness feel free to comment if you think otherwise.

Weaknesses:

Mixed Abomasnow really soften up this team but i think that it can be dealt with by fletchinder and eelektross.

Also the upcoming gurdurr can be a problem with fletchinder gone or if it gets up to +2 defense which is where it only take about 30-35% from acrobatics.

Tyrantrum can also be a problem if it doesn't get burned.

The gist of the team is play safely and win slowly with exploud.

what is moltres (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Control Hazards (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Stall? (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

So Fancy (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

Wonder Burd (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

psychic trapper (Spiritomb) @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Last edited by a moderator:
Team seems pretty legit me gusta. Tbh I can't see any glaring weaknesses atm, I guess you are kinda weak to mixed abomasnow, but you have enough switch ins to mindgame them out so you should be good. Might have some trouble breaking stall with bulky water types, as ppl can just switch out on eel. But overall the team seems pretty solid, I like it.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)