ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Archie & Maxie portrait being missing:
They don't have mugshots, but 3D models. I don't think we have Steven either.

Music Files:
Dude fuck that noise, DEOXYS
1. We actually see Wally (though oddly I think its meek Wally) and Steven 3D battle models in the trailer at the end of every demo run.

2. FUCK YEAH DEOXYS THEME! (I know it say FRLG, but it's still the same theme from RSE)

With PSS System (i think, right?) being confirmed and everyone's OT being Orlando (i don't know if there will be girl option as it wasn't in the Demo) , how will the PSS System work? Will we just see everyone as Orlando? I kind of doubt that but I don't really know how we're going to be able to navigate and tell the difference between people in the PSS System with everyone going to be Orlando. excuse me if i'm asking a dumb question that has a blatantly obvious answer. lmao.

edit; yes, im a dumbass. kill me
Still, how will the PSS work without any customization? Will we see waves and waves of May and Brendan (I'm not calling him Orlando, he's Brendan) faces? Well, they can probably include a portrait face fro all the trainers in the game, but still there will be plenty of repeats. May we'll be allowed to make a custom PSS avatar?

I've been having the "code not appearing" problems, but now it's in my hands!!! My precious....
Sorry, went Gollum on my 3DS.
It's weird seeing a section for contest after four-and-a-half years. But why does it have to be pink?
BuzzNav mentions a sale next month at Lilycove Department Store. Right when I go. Sweet.
Hmm...an area in the south of Mossdeep filled with trees that we could not enter in Gen III. Maybe something will be hidden here (Mega Stone?).
A mysterious white rock in Mossdeep relating to space? Well, we have our Deoxys rock!
We can sneaky walk now!!!! Thank you, Circle Pad!!! (Thought that was just for that one feature)
*sigh* Separate Poké Marts confirmed.... Also, boring outer designs for gyms again. Black and White spoiled us. Though I do like the new Pokémon Center designs.
3D Hoenn...*drools*
The wild encounter theme sounds amazing! So much nostalgia (which is weird since I didn't play Ruby until I was seventeen, about seven years after it came out).
I will continue my comments about the demo later. Just too much to experience for me to wait!

This is why I buy physical copies. That and I like being able to easily switch between DSes to trade between games.
1. Think the Lilycove Department Store is just alerting us that it exists, though it would be a cool feature if it held sales on certain items.
2. The White Rock has always been there, it's just now taped off. The girl next to it mentions wishes and wish tag, so maybe it might involve Jirachi?
3. #physical4life.

Yup. Seems like the 3D models for battles belong to:

• Brendan / May
  • Wally
  • Steven
  • Maxie / Archie
  • That Zinnia character

Kinda disappointed that the grunts don't get a 3D model, but they probably scrapped them so they could do the Trainer Horde and/or give the model space to someone who could use it.
I think they chopped the Grunt models so that Steven could get a 3D model... *looks at Diantha*

May seems to show a lot of expression in the 1st mission, which is a potential plus in my book. She was unnecessarily annoying in the original games, so more expression, if done right, will hopefully make her like-able now.

Steven confirmed "pretty boy" by Tabitha.
1. Doh! That's one thing I forgot to talk about in my analysis! Yeah, I love how expressive the characters are (at some of the times) and the personalities they gave to the villainous team, even to some of the grunts. :D

2. Yeah, like how they poked fun at that. In the beginning the female Magma Grunt also made a comment about that.

Is there still any chance that there are still Megas that aren't known yet/not found in the demo?
There's maybe a chance they didn't add everything in their demo, even though I doubt it.

Played through the demo.

Mega Glalie is terrifying, considering it breaks its jaw to mega evolve. It'd be better if it could close its mouth, but...

Ouch.

Just wondering, is the Glalie/Steelix in the demo shiny-locked? I saw someone post a screenshot of meeting a shiny Pelipper in the demo earlier in the thread iirc, but you can't catch wild Pokemon. Glalie is the only Pokemon you get to transfer to your main game, so ...

Is there still any chance that there are still Megas that aren't known yet/not found in the demo?
There's maybe a chance they didn't add everything in their demo, even though I doubt it.
It's possible. But the inclusion of Hoopa's forme might imply no . . . though if we assume each one of the XY trio get another forme Volcanion's lack of a forme might imply otherwise.

"I've got more style than I know what to do with." -Aqua Grunt

Oh, jeez. Anyway, comments on the demo: I love all the little details that went into the animation and models. The fact that the player character is taller than a kid but shorter than the adults, the facial expressions, the arm salute the magma grunts do, the new evolution animation (that looks more like digivolution than mega-evolution does if you ask me), the happy final-fantasy-esque after battle jingle, I love it all.

Turns out I got another demo code sent to my gmail, which is what I used for my trainer club account. Guess they sent another for the nintendo club, since that was under a different email.

Anyways, looks like I got an an unused demo code, so pm me if you need it. first come first serve, if i don't reply by tonight then i probably will by tomorrow morning

edit: deleted first post because i had to make sure...looks like 2 different demo codes

no more code, someone got it

Last edited:
It's possible. But the inclusion of Hoopa's forme might imply no . . . though if we assume each one of the XY trio get another forme Volcanion's lack of a forme might imply otherwise.
Volcanion has another year to go so not having a forme/mega now doesn't mean anything

Not sure if this OK to talk about here, but..

I'm very, very intrigued about this Pokémon Trainer / Lorekeeper Zinnia/Higana. He or she seems to get her own 3D model and own battle music (presumably battle music (STRM_BGM_VS_HIGANA)) for battling her.

His/her has two Trainer titles and teams, the first being the Pokémon Trainer title and her having a team of level 55-57 Pokémon being Altaria, Tyrantrum and Salamence. His/her second trainer title being Lorekeeper and her having a team of of level 60-62 being Goodra, Noivern, Altaria, Tyrantrum and a Mega Salamence.

He/she definitely likes her Dragon-types, that's for sure.. but how will she play a role in the game? Its very intriguing to say at the very least. Thoughts?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just wondering, is the Glalie/Steelix in the demo shiny-locked? I saw someone post a screenshot of meeting a shiny Pelipper in the demo earlier in the thread iirc, but you can't catch wild Pokemon. Glalie is the only Pokemon you get to transfer to your main game, so ...
The Pelipper image was fake. Kaphotics and the gang confirmed that everything in the demo is shiny locked.

For people who have been playing the demo for a while. Has anyone found out how many play throughs it is to get the Devon Scope? Or how to get it? And or what ultimately becomes of that Kecleon in Mossdeep?

(Mega Sceptile is stunning btw)

For people who have been playing the demo for a while. Has anyone found out how many play throughs it is to get the Devon Scope? Or how to get it? And or what ultimately becomes of that Kecleon in Mossdeep?

You can get the Devon Scopes? I haven't even found out how you unlock the secret mission adventure thing yet. D:

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

haven't seen any reports of people getting stuff like the devon scope, as far as hidden content goes it's just that secret scenario that has you go do another few battles with team aqua/magma which no one has found a consistent way to unlock.

Not sure if this OK to talk about here, but..

I'm very, very intrigued about this Pokémon Trainer / Lorekeeper Zinnia/Higana. He or she seems to get her own 3D model and own battle music (presumably battle music (STRM_BGM_VS_HIGANA)) for battling her.

His/her has two Trainer titles and teams, the first being the Pokémon Trainer title and her having a team of level 55-57 Pokémon being Altaria, Tyrantrum and Salamence. His/her second trainer title being Lorekeeper and her having a team of of level 60-62 being Goodra, Noivern, Altaria, Tyrantrum and a Mega Salamence.

He/she definitely likes her Dragon-types, that's for sure.. but how will she play a role in the game? Its very intriguing to say at the very least. Thoughts?
I've actually theorized how the post game goes on serebii so may as well

So trying to think about why Wallace & Steven have those weird rematches, I think it's part of that Mega Rayquaza post-game plotline.
I think we can actually piece together a fair amount of it based on the teams.

We know Wallace & Steven are involved at the Cave of Origin in the gen 3 games, and presumably here, so I bet we battle them as part of hte process of proving ourselves or gathering information. Probably a back-to-back battle.
We fight Zinnia twice. The first time she's just "Pokemon Trainer" and the second time is "Lorekeeper." She has a team full of dragon types. I bet the first encounter is more her coming to us and the second time is when we prove our selves (?) and learn more about the lore behind rayquaza (AND ~THE SECRET OF MEGA EVOLUTION~). Judging by her levels relative to the others, she's probably the last battle in this plot line
Magma Admin Courtney has these...
======
Magma Admin Courtney - 697
======
Pokemon: 1
Camerupt (Lv. 53)
======
Magma Admin Courtney - 698
======
Camerupt (Lv. 55) @[~ 767]

And Matt has these
======
Aqua Admin Matt - 686
======
Sharpedo (Lv. 53)
======
Aqua Admin Matt - 687
======
Sharpedo (Lv. 55) @[~ 759]

Maxie, Tabitha, Archie & Shelly don't have these. I bet we fight the remnants trying to get Rayquaza for their own ends and I specifically think that Courtney & Matt will team up and fight us in a double battle, twice. Think like Platinum's post game, of sorts.

so probably something like...[some starting event, maybe the initial double battle with Matt & Courtney] -> Zinnia fight 1 -> Wallace & Steven battles -> [stuff happens, got to sky pillar?] -> Courtney & Matt round 2 to finish them off -> Zinnia final battle -> Plot dump -> Go get Rayquaza

Makes quite a bit of sense if this is how it ends up in the game.
I think Zinnia will also cameo during the main game. There's dialog that talks about a strong woman with dragon types storming their base (also...a girl with a whismur doing the same) and how even the admins would be in trouble.
If we assume Zinnia's lore she's keeping is about mega evolution and primal reversion, I bet that she's trying to stop Maxie & Archie at some point or another.

Alternatively, we storm an AQua/Magma base in the post game

I think Zinnia will also cameo during the main game. There's dialog that talks about a strong woman with dragon types storming their base (also...a girl with a whismur doing the same) and how even the admins would be in trouble.
If we assume Zinnia's lore she's keeping is about mega evolution and primal reversion, I bet that she's trying to stop Maxie & Archie at some point or another.

Alternatively, we storm an AQua/Magma base in the post game
All this speculation on a single character is making ORAS' post game look even better.

All kinds of past game's legendaries all accessible to you and you even get to hear their themes in remixed Gen VI glory (hopefully). Battle Frontier most likely returning (Battle Tower theme , Battle Resort theme and Frontier Brain battle theme present -- maybe the Battle Resort is a new facility), New Mega Stones to find (and hopefully some we don't know of yet). Post-game story-lines. Tons of Post-game content. I love it!

Just a little speculation on what we thought was the Battle Frontier, being the Battle Resort. Now that the sound files have been dumped it shows that the Battle Tower and Battle Resort have their own theme (as well as the Battle Frontier Brain battle theme returning, yay!).

Perhaps the Battle Resort is a new facility alongside the Battle Tower in the Battle Frontier?

Mod edit: Seriously, stop double posting.

All this speculation on a single character is making ORAS' post game look even better.

All kinds of past game's legendaries all accessible to you and you even get to hear their themes in remixed Gen VI glory (hopefully). Battle Frontier most likely returning (Battle Tower theme , Battle Resort theme and Frontier Brain battle theme present -- maybe the Battle Resort is a new facility), New Mega Stones to find (and hopefully some we don't know of yet). Post-game story-lines. Tons of Post-game content. I love it!

Just a little speculation on what we thought was the Battle Frontier, being the Battle Resort. Now that the sound files have been dumped it shows that the Battle Tower and Battle Resort have their own theme (as well as the Battle Frontier Brain battle theme returning, yay!).

Perhaps the Battle Resort is a new facility alongside the Battle Tower in the Battle Frontier?

Mod edit: Seriously, stop double posting.
Battle Resort probably has the Battle Tower in it, and not itself its own facility.
The entire area is probably called "Battle Resort" and within it is the "Battle Tower" (or an area that plays the Battle Tower theme)

e: Remember, in DP, the are that aconnected to the Battle Tower was called "Battle Zone" despite not being anything really related to battling

Battle Resort probably has the Battle Tower in it, and not itself its own facility.
The entire area is probably called "Battle Resort" and within it is the "Battle Tower" (or an area that plays the Battle Tower theme)

e: Remember, in DP, the are that aconnected to the Battle Tower was called "Battle Zone" despite not being anything really related to battling
True, the Battle Frontier does resemble a Resort, but I don't see why they need to rename the Battle Frontier personally, but it is Game Freak..

Its just a little speculation, really. Its either the Battle Frontier, Battle Frontier getting renamed for whatever reason to Battle Resort, or the Battle Resort is a Facility on the Battle Frontier Island.

Speaking of the Battle Frontier island.. does it look 'larger' on the ORAS in-game map in ORAS?

Most fun part of the demo that is also pretty useless: There is a hidden Keckleon in front of Stevens house. Most houses can't be interacted with but steven has an tile in front of the door with something hidden that you can interact with l. Amazing fun detail.

ORlando and AShley
~that was bugging me for a while~

My favorite thing about my fancy new Glalie is that he'll be just about as easy to level up as any regular Pokemon, because when he's not fainting on the spot, he's gaining experience faster than normal thanks to him being a transfer mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)