Ability: Air Lock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

My star Pokemon! Selected for the Uber shiny sprite and for the insane wall-breaking combo of Draco Meteor and V-create. Went with Dragon Dance as the 4th move so that I can stay in after a V-create if a get a chance to set up and compensate for putting no EVs in Attack. V-create does as much damage as STAB Outrage and Dragon opponents get a Draco Meteor in their face faster too.

Deerstalker (Klefki) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Selected to balance weaknesses with Rayquaza. This amazing set of keys fits into many locks, actually. Checks Xerneas and Yveltal more reliably than it checks Dragons in practice as most Dragons carry a Fire move to get past Steel types. Also performs as my Spikes setter, Status spreader and Special tank (really good at poisoning support Arceus forms). This poor Pokemon is the most overworked one on my team.

Godzilla (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar

My Physical tank and Stealth Rock setter. I rarely lead with this Pokemon due to it low speed, but once it comes in on a Physical attacker, it gets its job done. It can also phase out E-killers and other setup sweepers and Substitute abusers very reliably. In a real pinch, it can try to Phase out paralyzed Geo Xern (if it gets a freak crit on my poor Klefki).

Cell (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- ExtremeSpeed
- Blaze Kick

My favourite revenge killer. Excels at bashing in the head of Geo Xerneas (which I first paralyze as a rule of thumb) and other fairies and breaks down Mewtwo forms as well. My usual lead, especially when the opponent has a Sashed lead like Deoxys or the like. Good at revenging E-killers too, as it resists Extreme speed. Blaze Kick is for Steel types, though I usually go with Groudon for those.

Arceus-Grass (Arceus) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Defogger. The type was based on the suggestion of Melee Mewtwo to replace Giratina-O (my Arceus was earlier Water typed), to keep counteracting Gengars and reduce weakness to E-killers and other Arceus-Ghosts. Does well against the latter as those are usually SD sets and are crippled by Will-O-Wisp and then phased away with Groudon.

Captain Ahab (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Without this, Kyogre will drown my whole team. Hands down, the best Kyogre counter. Beats most Support Arceus as well as it doesn't care about burns. It's the dedicated special attacker on my team with two coverage moves to reduce the need to switch out. Though, Thunder is solely for Kyogre, which can also be crippled with Thunder Wave or even Toxic. Thinking of replacing Thunder with one of those.

That's all about my Balanced team for Gen-6 Ubers play. Any weaknesses spotted and pointed out will be appreciated. Thank you for your comments! :)

Last edited:
solid build

things that jump out are ray + tina-o which covers a lot of the same things so you can drop one to open up room for more stuff. tina-o is also running a subpar set, i strongly recommend using the defog sforce set dice posted in the underrated movesets thread in the ubers subforums.

the hard part in changing this is not making it a dice build (the ho-oh one to be specific) so I'm inclined to leave ray and drop tina-o to give it something special. You'll need a defog mon, like you mentioned, in that slot to not be keys weak and you'll need it to be able to check ghostceus cause it just wrecks you atm.

mega absol might actually fit here over tina-o. Not exactly defog and not exactly the best keys switch-in but it stilll gives you some anti hazards measures and it covers ghost arc for you. i'd probably put eq on it so you can ohko keys, maybe fire blast would work but I doubt it with spdef investment + weak spatk from mega absol. There's no really standard set to refer you too and it's not a mon i've messed with much myself so I can't give you anything more detailed, just fiddle with it.

btw, not every team has to have a mega mon. there's plenty of amazing teams that don't.

solid build

things that jump out are ray + tina-o which covers a lot of the same things so you can drop one to open up room for more stuff. tina-o is also running a subpar set, i strongly recommend using the defog sforce set dice posted in the underrated movesets thread in the ubers subforums.

the hard part in changing this is not making it a dice build (the ho-oh one to be specific) so I'm inclined to leave ray and drop tina-o to give it something special. You'll need a defog mon, like you mentioned, in that slot to not be keys weak and you'll need it to be able to check ghostceus cause it just wrecks you atm.

mega absol might actually fit here over tina-o. Not exactly defog and not exactly the best keys switch-in but it stilll gives you some anti hazards measures and it covers ghost arc for you. i'd probably put eq on it so you can ohko keys, maybe fire blast would work but I doubt it with spdef investment + weak spatk from mega absol. There's no really standard set to refer you too and it's not a mon i've messed with much myself so I can't give you anything more detailed, just fiddle with it.

btw, not every team has to have a mega mon. there's plenty of amazing teams that don't.

@Melee Mewtwo: Considered your points and replaced Giratina-O and my Arceus form with the following two:

Arceus-Grass (Arceus) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Captain Ahab (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

My team can now perform much more reliably against E-killers, Kyogre and other water types with Ice Beam coverage. Always have to watch out for Kyogre's Thunder, but I've totally predicted that move and brought in Groudon a few times :P just for laughs! Decided to go for Lustrous Orb on Palkia as the coverage moves are generally used on supereffective Pokes and don't need LO boosts and Choice items are restrictive. I leave the revenge killing to Genesect and sometimes, Rayquaza.

Also, Hasty nature is needed on my Genesect to maintain legality with ES and Blaze Kick, but I hate giving Atk boosts to opposing Genesect and (worse) Ditto. Are there good non-event moves so that I can go with Jolly nature?

Do you think it's better balanced now? Plus, I'm moving up the ladder into the 1450-1500 range (creeping, really) and I'm thinking of getting a Taunt user. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ah, that's a very good way to resolve your problems. I'd just suggest that you max your speed on arc ghost so you can tie with the standard ekiller spread (which is also max) and maybe burn it before it sclaws you as well as outspeeding gengar before it mega evos. (less important since you are arc ghost but still nice) Also, use Twave over Thunder on Lustkia. It helps it beat the arc formes that now check it this gen as well as mess with attempted geoxern setups (although it's mostly the former that it comes in handy since you have keys). Lust spacial is usually the better move to be clicking on a kyogre, anyways.

Why do you want a Taunt user? I guess the easiest way would be to make ray into lo ygod, which would cover the slight cm ghost arc weakness you have and make use of the fact you now have Palkia as your Kyogre check. (aka, the best one in the meta)

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hm. I'm just gonna remind you that you need at least three lines of description for each Pokemon or else this'll get locked.
Don't wanna see that happen.

Also, Melee Mewtwo covered most of the main points, but don't listen to him with Mega Absol.
That thing takes hits about as well as a wet paper bag. I've tried it, but it isn't that hot, and the having to wait a turn before Bounce activates or whatever really kills you.

Thunder Wave over Thunder is a must-have on Palkia IMO, as the Thunder Wave cripples Xern switchins and you can proceed to hope for parahax and actually beat it.

Also LO ygod is really good this gen, and taunt makes it a massive pain in the ass for CM users and blobs.
Standard set is
Sucker Punch/Oblivion Wing/Dark Pulse/Taunt

Also if you really want something for keys then obv use Krookodile
Pretty solid build for a first Ubers team, and a helluva lot better than my first.
Good luck, have fun in the tier, and don't die from the horrible diseases you will indubitably contract while laddering.

Hm. I'm just gonna remind you that you need at least three lines of description for each Pokemon or else this'll get locked.
Don't wanna see that happen.
@8-BIT Luster: Do you mean I have to expand the original description or the modified team post with 3 lines per Pokemon? Also, ya, I was also thinking of replacing one of my pokes with Yveltal for Taunt. But, I was planning to use a physically defensive spread with Foul Play, Taunt and 2 other moves as I really want to keep MixQuaza.. But then, I'd have to kick Groudon out after which I'd need a Stealth Rock Pokemon.. Oh, decisions, decisions..

Also, Taunt will be used to prevent setting entry hazards, which means I'll have to lead with Yveltal, which is better with the LO version (more speed). That would reduce/remove the need for Defog, so I could make my Arceus into the E-killer.. But that means no Rayquaza!! I'm in a dilemma..

Well, in response to the warning, I'm going to redo the initial post to display my current team (with Arceus-Ghost and Palkia).. 3 lines per Pokemon, eh?

@8-BIT Luster: Do you mean I have to expand the original description or the modified team post with 3 lines per Pokemon? Also, ya, I was also thinking of replacing one of my pokes with Yveltal for Taunt. But, I was planning to use a physically defensive spread with Foul Play, Taunt and 2 other moves as I really want to keep MixQuaza.. But then, I'd have to kick Groudon out after which I'd need a Stealth Rock Pokemon.. Oh, decisions, decisions..

Also, Taunt will be used to prevent setting entry hazards, which means I'll have to lead with Yveltal, which is better with the LO version (more speed). That would reduce/remove the need for Defog, so I could make my Arceus into the E-killer.. But that means no Rayquaza!! I'm in a dilemma..

Well, in response to the warning, I'm going to redo the initial post to display my current team (with Arceus-Ghost and Palkia).. 3 lines per Pokemon, eh?
I really think you'll just have to let go of the Ray and build a new team around it. It's just not fitting here as well as LO Yveltal would.

Hey, nice team you got there. I really like the idea of Rayquaza and Klefki. Anyways, Melee's rate is already pretty good so I'm just going to suggest a rather small suggestion that would help your team's structure a lot. I highly suggest you to use Swords Dance Rayquaza over your current set. Although you stated you wanted to spam Draco Meteor and stuffs, Swords Dance Rayquaza is one of the best wallbreakers at the moment, +2 V-Create demolishes everything that is not a resist. Swords Dance Rayquaza would also aid the team with some priority as Life Orb Extremespeed hits really hard. About the Evs, I think you should use the following: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed, this gives Rayquaza so much power and even destroys hard walls like Physically Defensive Xerneas and Lugia. The wallbreaking potential is just brutal. Another advantage that Swords Dance Rayquaza has is that it revenge kills paralyzed Geomancy Xerneas with V-Create. Anywho, as for the moves, V-Create hits everything really hard, Dragon Claw is preferred as you don't get locked into it which doesn't allow pokemon like Xerneas to revenge kill. Lastly, Extremespeed is a strong priority move, which allows you to hit something really hard even though your speed is lowered.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-Create
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

I highly suggest you to use Swords Dance Rayquaza over your current set.
There's nothing to lose, but the main point of my MixQuaza is to lure physical walls/attackers and OHKO with Draco Meteor. I have got so many KOs against Landorus-T and Groudon (the former is always OHKOed latter can survive DM but is then KOed by ES) Plus, after one DD, the only dragons to switch in are Scarfed ones, so I can easily switch to Klefki and counter.

I don't have a dedicated Physical attacker/wallbreaker on my team, though, so your suggestion is something to consider. I have a counter-suggestion, though.. Can I keep the EV spread and depend on SD boosts to give me physical attacking power?

Something else I could do is get rid of Defog Ghost-Arceus (which I realize is not needed on a Sticky Web team. I currently use it to Defog in case I don't get to start with my Shuckle because of Darkrai running all over the ladder!) and put in something to kill opposing Defoggers instead, like Mega Gengar. Or, I could replace that slot entirely with a Scarfed or Banded Physical attacker to pressure defoggers..

Up to you, just take into a count that a +2 V-Create Rayquaza still beats most of the things that Draco Meteor would.

I think Draco Makes sense as it allows ray to come in and punish Gdon/lando which SD ray can't really do if they are healthy. I still think Ygod would be better at that role, though, and just building another team to use Ray.

I think Draco Makes sense as it allows ray to come in and punish Gdon/lando which SD ray can't really do if they are healthy. I still think Ygod would be better at that role, though, and just building another team to use Ray.
Yeah I don't know, I would definetely expect Draco Meteor if a Rayquaza comes in on my Landorus/Groudon, but that's just me.

Yeah, so you would switch out. That's all I think he needs in that slot, something that makes donner think twice before clicking EQ cause it have to switch out without gaining anything.

Hey etErnALChaOsMaKer! Nice team you have there, I've been wanting to write a rate for a while now but I've been really really busy irl with school and such things etc etc you know the drill. But here I am at last :p I'm happy you decided to put up an rmt (I was the one who recommended this for anyone wondering) as this team honestly is pretty solid already, however I do have some suggestions for you that would help improve it even further. One of these has already been made, but only sort of. What I'm talking about is running Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost>Defog. First you had Giratina-O, and arceus ghost does fit much better so its a solid change. However one of the main advantages of using klefki is that you dont have to use a defog arceus forme, but can run calm mind instead. Having defog+spikes is also pretty counter intuitive, especially on such an offensive team as this one. It's really not a big change, just removing the semi-useless defog for calm mind, which gives you a much needed special win condition. The only matchups this change worsens a bit is vs scolipede spikestack but running calm mind is worth it. I also adjusted the ev's to speed tie with the standard swords dance arceus spread, so you can burn it before it gets off a hit. Now secondly, I'm going to support edgar with his change of Swords Dance Rayquaza>Mixed. I agree with mixed being a very situational set, because in most cases you would just rather set up and punch holes/sweep that way. The main reason I want this change though, is because of your poor matchup vs stall. You lack a good way to break stall, and with swords dance on rayquaza you have an attempt to break trough stall teams, especially with one or two hazards up. Now the last change is Thunder Wave>Thunder on Palkia. Thunder is usually a very redundant option as you don't actually need it to check kyogre; you do this just fine without thunder. Thunder wave can not only slow down kyogre meaning you can kill it on the next turn, you can also catch switch-ins to palkia and paralyse them as well (mexican strats hehe boi). Its mostly used for checking/neutering geomancy xerneas though. You could argue this makes you a bit weaker to spdef ogre, but the teams that that mon is only usually wont be threatened by thunder so much that it warrants a use over thunder wave. I didn't touch on the genesect set as gene is a mon I have a negative bias towards, but if you don't go with sd rayq (which I really think you should), you should replace it with a stand-alone stall-breaker, or mon that improves you match-up vs stall at the very least. Pokemon that do this and would fit well with your team are shaymin-sky and dakrai.

Hope I helped, good luck with the team fren :]

ps. I didn't 'bother' posting the sets as they changes are limited to one-move changes only but if you have any questions still, be sure to ask me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)