Rapidash (QC 1/3)

Ah...forgot how much Rapidsh's Sp.Atk sucks....altho tbh I did say nail Seismitoas on the swtich!

:X it gets Baton Pass? How does that work xD.^^ Probably an XD move right? Using Baton Pass doesn't give LO recoil tho right x_x

I was literally asking how Rapidash got Baton Pass :x I know what does man :P. I thought for some strange reason it cuts HP due to LO recoil tho >_>. Kinda cause I've never seen an LO Mon use it. THanks :P

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview is kinda all over the place. Lists a lot of redundant points, and doesn't list a lot of important info. It's really not that strong, has competition from the much stronger and (specially) bulkier Flareon, etc etc etc.

Drill Run should really be first imo, gets coverage on a ton more stuff and Low Kick still doesn't do a whole lot to Rock-types even with the extra power.

The first point in Usage Tips is really questionable. Pyroar straight OHKOes you with LO Hyper Voice after SR, and Typhlosion does over 50% with Specs Extrasensory, which you rarely want to risk if you plan on actually keeping it around long enough to deal any damage.

Kabutops in TO alongside spinners

Don't even mention Poison Jab or Double-Edge in OO, they literally do nothing lol

Overview is kinda all over the place. Lists a lot of redundant points, and doesn't list a lot of important info. It's really not that strong, has competition from the much stronger and (specially) bulkier Flareon, etc etc etc.

Drill Run should really be first imo, gets coverage on a ton more stuff and Low Kick still doesn't do a whole lot to Rock-types even with the extra power.

The first point in Usage Tips is really questionable. Pyroar straight OHKOes you with LO Hyper Voice after SR, and Typhlosion does over 50% with Specs Extrasensory, which you rarely want to risk if you plan on actually keeping it around long enough to deal any damage.

Kabutops in TO alongside spinners

Don't even mention Poison Jab or Double-Edge in OO, they literally do nothing lol
Will edit in a few hours, thanks Dat Blast

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not QC, this is just my input, so feel free to ignore me.

I have been reading through the thread and i saw mentions of 3 attack+LO Rapidash. While I agree that Life Orb has stupid recoil and that it should be added, I personally feel that 3 attacks + Morning sun is better than Choice Band. The set that i've been running is 3 attacks with Charcoal or Expert Belt to bluff the band, and it doesn't suffer from the unreal amounts of recoil that LO does, giving it actual survivability while maintaining the ability to switch attacks. I feel that the ability to switch moves is rather important for Rapidash with Morning Sun as it is such a shitty move to be locked into for obvious reasons, and it alleviates the immense recoil problem caused by Life Orb. My proposal: you split the analysis into to sets:
  • 3 attacks + morning sun w/ Charcoal
  • CB w/ Baton Pass
this way we can avoid low-to-mid ladder players running shit like CB+Morning Sun, and we can highlight the slight playstyle change that is caused by the 3 attacks + Morning Sun set without the recoil issue that LO causes.

once again im not qc, so feel free to ignore me and/or criticize any of my points.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I feel that the ability to switch moves is rather important for Rapidash with Morning Sun as it is such a shitty move to be locked into for obvious reasons
this way we can avoid low-to-mid ladder players running shit like CB+Morning Sun, and we can highlight the slight playstyle change that is caused by the 3 attacks + Morning Sun set without the recoil issue that LO causes.
Notice the way the set is arranged. It is implied that Baton Pass is used in tandem with Choice Band (former slashes), whereas Morning Sun is used alongside Life Orb (latter slashes). The Set Details could probably make a clearer note of that, but otherwise I don't know how you managed to arrive to the conclusion that we are condoning Choice Band + Morning Sun, because that would be kind of dumb :/.

That said, Charcoal can probably be mentioned in OO Soulblaster, just note that Charcoal won't boost Rapidash's coverage options, leaving them rather weak.

Notice the way the set is arranged. It is implied that Baton Pass is used in tandem with Choice Band (former slashes), whereas Morning Sun is used alongside Life Orb (latter slashes). The Set Details could probably make a clearer note of that, but otherwise I don't know how you managed to arrive to the conclusion that we are condoning Choice Band + Morning Sun, because that would be kind of dumb :/.

That said, Charcoal can probably be mentioned in OO Soulblaster, just note that Charcoal won't boost Rapidash's coverage options, leaving them rather weak.
done

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I think the confusion stems from the fact the set needs to stop being called Choice Band because we're saying either Band it or have LO 3 attacks with Morning Sun. Name it 'Physical Attacker' instead.

Honestly I think Life Orb recoil isn't that bad and getting forced out because being locked into the wrong move basically costs you a 'recoil' of 25% HP. Not to mention being locked into the wrong move gives your enemy valuable setup turns. There are times where you'd rather threaten a Wild Charge and die to Aqua Jet than let their Feraligatr / Kabutops / everyone and their mother set up. I feel that unless the Choice Band is required to hit necessary OHKOs and 2HKOs, Life Orb should be the main option.

I think the confusion stems from the fact the set needs to stop being called Choice Band because we're saying either Band it or have LO 3 attacks with Morning Sun. Name it 'Physical Attacker' instead.

Honestly I think Life Orb recoil isn't that bad and getting forced out because being locked into the wrong move basically costs you a 'recoil' of 25% HP. Not to mention being locked into the wrong move gives your enemy valuable setup turns. There are times where you'd rather threaten a Wild Charge and die to Aqua Jet than let their Feraligatr / Kabutops / everyone and their mother set up. I feel that unless the Choice Band is required to hit necessary OHKOs and 2HKOs, Life Orb should be the main option.
done! thanks for the advice.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
not sure if mentioning archeops being hit by wild charge in overview is a good idea lol, epsecially when you have it listed in C&C, just end it at good neutral coverage.\

in set details its worded as though choice band is the superior set and that life orb is detrimental, since life orb is the first slash this needs to be changed to reflect that. (i.e. life orb can be used over cb --> cb can be used over lo, etc.) I think you can cut the line about attack investment in set details, and I think you should stick to saying that it speed ties with things like mismagius rather than listing pokemon in 3 different speed tiers, it can get confusing.

Mention defog as an option for hazard control in team options, right now it only has rapid spin. you can probably mention fire types in team options as well, as they all love having their checks and counters worn down by rapidash and vice versa.

HP grass and overheat deserve a mention in other options if we've deemed a mixed set to be unviable (2hkoing seismitoad on the switch is pretty great lol) even if the sunny day set achieves similar things the extra moveslot can be nice.

Definitely mention some specific priority users that threaten rapidash in C&C such as fake out hariyama and kangashkan, and sucker punch users like cacturne and pawniard.

not sure if mentioning archeops being hit by wild charge in overview is a good idea lol, epsecially when you have it listed in C&C, just end it at good neutral coverage.\

in set details its worded as though choice band is the superior set and that life orb is detrimental, since life orb is the first slash this needs to be changed to reflect that. (i.e. life orb can be used over cb --> cb can be used over lo, etc.) I think you can cut the line about attack investment in set details, and I think you should stick to saying that it speed ties with things like mismagius rather than listing pokemon in 3 different speed tiers, it can get confusing.

Mention defog as an option for hazard control in team options, right now it only has rapid spin. you can probably mention fire types in team options as well, as they all love having their checks and counters worn down by rapidash and vice versa.

HP grass and overheat deserve a mention in other options if we've deemed a mixed set to be unviable (2hkoing seismitoad on the switch is pretty great lol) even if the sunny day set achieves similar things the extra moveslot can be nice.

Definitely mention some specific priority users that threaten rapidash in C&C such as fake out hariyama and kangashkan, and sucker punch users like cacturne and pawniard.
edited! thanks!

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While its obvious as to why you are investing in Attack it still needs to be mentioned. You can keep it simple by saying a standard offensive spread and then mention the speed ties and what not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)