The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

Accidentally used Master Ball on trainer Pokemon. And I didn't save for about 3 hours before that.
Still, turning the game off was worth it because I screwed up.

That time on Wi-Fi when I had a massive brainfart and used Focus blast on an Aegislash and by the time I realised what I did it was already too late. I hope the other person just thought I mispredicted cause it was really embarrassing.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Released a 5iv good nature shiny Pokemon. I yelled and turned off the 3DS in 2 second tops. Thankfully I hadn't gone over an hour or so without saving.

Not me but my ex nonchalantly threw his only Master Ball at the most random wild Pokemon. It caught me off guard and I freaked out a lil' and he wound up restarting lol. In retrospect I should've let him be, not like you even need the Master Ball since the box legends are a joke to catch.

I've probably ran from / fainted over 150 Horde shinies since I got the games. I probably should have caught them for trade bait.. but the EVs were more important to me.

I wanted to find a Chansey in Pokemon Platinum. I looked outside Solaceon City for about an hour and I couldn't find it, so I decided to get a different Pokemon.

I had to go through that same route after I had beaten the Elite Four, and guess what the FIRST POKEMON I FOUND WAS?!?!?
;~;

The following conversation between me and one of my best friends, about a year ago:

(We were discussing making a pokemon comic in a fake region)

Me: "The professor should be named like Professor Maplewood."

Friend: "No no, let's name him Professor Gold, to tie in with the HGSS theme."

Me: "... But gold is not a type of tree!"

Friend: "Why does that matter?"

Me: "Because all the profssors are named after trees?"

Friend: "No they aren-" *stops to think for a minute* "HOLY SH**!!!"

Me: "YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING THESE GAMES HOW LONG AND NEVER NOTICED THAT!?!?"

i was 11 when d/p came out. i really like the mr mime family. ...I traded palkia to my little brother for a mime jr.
It's become an injoke between us. I ask him for a normal version exclusive, he asks for my version mascot, i tell him to shut up, repeat once a gen
(I still have that mime jr)
I once traded a Shiny Stunfisk for a common Yu-Gi-Oh card. Though to be fair, that card did help me win a few tournaments, giving me a decent profit.

I wanted to find a Chansey in Pokemon Platinum. I looked outside Solaceon City for about an hour and I couldn't find it, so I decided to get a different Pokemon.

I had to go through that same route after I had beaten the Elite Four, and guess what the FIRST POKEMON I FOUND WAS?!?!?
;~;
Another one I forgot about;
When I first started playing Pokemon I thought Electric was weak to Grass because of the Mega Man Battle Network games :P

Another one I forgot about;
When I first started playing Pokemon I thought Electric was weak to Grass because of the Mega Man Battle Network games :P
Well, nowadays I sometimes think that Fighting is super effective against Electric due to the TCG. My favourite Electric-type being indeed weak to Fighting does not help matters.

This just happened a few minutes ago, and I applaud my own stupidity.

Breeding Absol. Just hatched a beautiful 6IV one. Reset the game to do TSV shenanigans, thinking I had saved after getting the egg.

I hadn't.

I wish Ctrl-Z worked in real life.

Breeding Absol. Just hatched a beautiful 6IV one. Reset the game to do TSV shenanigans, thinking I had saved after getting the egg.

I hadn't.

Lol that must suck so bad

Well, nowadays I sometimes think that Fighting is super effective against Electric due to the TCG. My favourite Electric-type being indeed weak to Fighting does not help matters.
Is it Heliolisk?
I cant think of any other electric types that are weak to fighting. sorry for the double post.

The Magnemite line is also weak to Fighting.
Don't forget Rotom-Frost. Anyways for the longest time I used to think Steel was not very effective against Grass because it wasn't super effective against the other starter types either ( logic ftw ). I never really used Steel moves ever so I wasn't aware of it until my Skarmory did neutral damage against a Grass type with Steel Wing.

I hadn't.

This. It happens to me more often than I would care to admit. Last time it was with a 5IV Togepi that I got on the first batch. My heart shattered when I SR'd and found myself with no eggs and far behind enough to be able to recover it.

I was once SRing for a shiny Cobalion, and after too many SRs, it finally appeared and I KOed it. ;_;. Still too depressed to try SRing it again.

On a related note to all the mis-typing discussions, I once thought that dark types had no weaknesses due to pokemon cards saying so, plus I never even touched a bug type or a fighting type.

Anyway let's be srs gais. This is smogon. So here's some competitive battling! Warning: very 1337...

So when I was... Ten? Twelve? I decided to take up pokemon battling in 3rd gen. I was determined to make the ultimate team. Incidentally around this time I had independently discovered IV's through careful note taking and breeding.

So here was my ultimate plan:

You know how the macho brace "make a Pokemon stronger but reduces speed"? I sure did. I wanted to make the ultimate team, so I slapped that thing on my newly breeded level fives and proceeded to train it FROM FIVE TO ONE HUNDRED without ONCE taking it off. Yes, I was that badass as a child. Oh and the best part? I gave the level fives all of the vitamins off the bat before putting the macho brace on.

Also, for a while, I hear a rumor that you could put new abilities on pokemon if the male held the everstone in The day care. I spent many days trying to breed an intimidate sceptile.

Rinse and repeat, until I had my awesome ultimate team. This is the import in case you want to try it out and win at life:

Sceptile @ miracle seed
Sassy/overgrow (would be better with intimidate)
EV's: 100HP, 100SA, 100SD, 100DF, 100SP, 52 AT
- leaf blade
- dragonbreath
- thunderpunch
- focus punch

Salamence @ lum berry
Adamant/ intimidate
EV's 100HP, 100 AT, 100DF, 52 SA, 100SD, 100SP
-dragon dance
- aerial ace
- earthquake
- dragon claw

Milotic @ leftovers
Docile/ marvel scale
EV's 100HP, 52AT, 100 DF, 100SA, 100SD, 100SP
- surf
- ice beam
- toxic
- recover

Typhlosion @ charcoal
Gentle /blaze
EV's you can probably guess
- Flamethrower
- sunny day
- solarbeam
- blast burn (yays for colosseum!)

Metagross @ metal coat
Hasty/clear body
Ev's blah blah blah
- Meteor mash
- Ice punch (in gen 3)
- sludge bomb
- explosion

Rayquaza @ quick claw
Lonely/ air lock
EV's are 2 gud
- Dragon Claw
- thunderbolt
- extreme speed
- dragon dance

So as you can see this was the best ou team in gen 3 ever.

LET ME TELL YOU A POKEMON SHOWDOWN STORY

I was in an Ubers tournament battling against Evuelf. He had an annoying Resttalk Xerneas and I kept using my Grassceus's Judgment until I got a critical hit and killed it. Fast forward about 40 turns, his only Pokemon left is a Gastrodon, and mine is Grassceus.

Ha! This should be easy! All I have to do is use Judgme-

THE MOVE JUDGMENT HAS RUN OUT OF PP!

I used all of Judgment's PP on that Xerneas, and my other moves were Will-o-Wisp, Recover, and Defog. And he had Toxic, Leftovers, AND Recover ;-;

After that I used Grass Knot.

YAY IT'S STORY TIME!

One day, me, my friend Brandon, my other friend Dylan, and my other other friend Sanjay decided to have a battle tournament. It was when we were 10 so we had no idea about EVs, IVs, and didn't care about natures.
All we knew was that half of them had Action Replays and that Arceus was really, really OP.
The rules were:
Single Battle
All Pokemon set to level 50
1 legend/myth per team
The first day, I was supposed to battle Brandon. We didn't make up the rules till the next day, so Brandon's team was:
Giratina
Arceus
Arceus
Arceus
Arceus
Arceus
My team:
Palkia
Giratina
Reshiram
Emboar
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
You can probably guess how that went. I eventually finished off Giratina, but Dragon Arceus came in and blew up the whole union room.
The next day, we had decided on the rules. I went ahead and battled Brandon, but lost. Then, I beat Dylan easily. The day after that, Brandon was sick, so we called off the tournament for 1 day. The last day came, and I was facing off against Sanjay, who was 1-1 like I was. I decide to lead with the hacked Shiny Rayquaza Dylan had given me. He leads off with Reshiram. I outspeed and OHKO with Outrage, and he does a really stupid thing. Are you ready for this? He sends in HAXORUS. Why Sanjay? Why??? Rayquaza then proceeds to sweep the rest of his team, guaranteeing me 2nd place!
1st place: Brandon 3-0
2nd place: Me 2-1
3rd place: Sanjay 1-2
4th place: Dylan 0-3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)