Garbodor [QC 1/3]

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
'i suppose' ..

Dude I wasn't even supposed to help you out during the deadline that Raseri gave you. Yet you came to me TWICE saying that you fixed everything.

First time: A lot of shit left to fix. I POINT EVERYTHING OUT TO YOU. There's no freaking way that you could miss something. You then have the guts to tell me what you never asked me to check your OP and that you didn't edit anything (me, raseri, and hollywood clearly saw that you did!).

Second time: You pmed me today saying you fixed everything the best you could.. and guess what? you didn't fix half of the stuff I pointed out to you. You even left the freaking 'Taunt can wear down Garbodor' in C&C.. when I pointed it out in yesterday's check.. The worst is that after that, you come to me asking me what you forgot to change when I listed everything. You can't even seem to be able to compare your OP to my check and see whats left to fix.. how retarded can you be?

I am so damn tired of this BS

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
As an uninvolved QC member and leader who stumbled onto this thread today:

One of the things that we should always be focusing on in C&C is to make sure our analyses do more than spout out the same information to new users, who are looking at analyses to learn how things work or why they should be using a Pokemon over another one. When I read through the OP, I don't learn anything new that I could not figure out by looking up Garbodor's moveset or stats on Serebii or Veekun. There are a few instances where you go into specifics and talk about Garbodor in our metagame (for example, how Drain Punch is a good option because it lets Garbodor not be walking set-up bait to Pawniard and Klinklang), but those seem to have all been initiated and/or suggested by our current QC members.

Raseri's challenge to you was primarily to find out what you could create in this analysis that wasn't simply regurgitated stat or moveset info. What do you have to share with newer players who are looking to find out what Garbodor does, or why it's so effective? I hope that everyone but the absolute newbies know what moves like Gunk Shot or Spikes do. Simply put, I don't think that this analysis is up to par, and I don't think it will become up to par unless QC steps in and rewrites it until it is deemed satisfactory. That's not our job.

Pestering QC members to fix it frequently =/= what we want to see in an aspiring writer, either. It all changes when you focus less on grinding out whatever fluff you feel is necessary to cover your bases here, and get more comfortable with knowing and talking about the roles of the Pokemon you're writing about. I am not currently convinced that you've got much to share with new players that they couldn't already google.

Zeb is right. Before you reserve analyses in the future, make sure you try to improve on these flaws. If in the future you want to try to contribute again, don't hesitate to contact me about it. But for the time being this is being reassigned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)