Other OU Player of the Week #1: aim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I doubt my question is gonna make it through the flood at this point by oh well if it does then cool :]

Do you think its impossible for "newer" battlers to become as good now? For instance, there doesn't seem to be as many RMTs to get into the game (like Dice talked about in Dice Offense Omnicrom, iirc) and that there aren't po clans and all of that cool stuff. This is coming from a perspective where I'm a yt'er just trying to get better, and it seems like I'll never get that much better at the game haha

Deleted User 212624

Banned deucer.
Some time ago you made a vid in which you wanted your subscribers to ask you questions...But you never made another vid to answer them,so I'll ask you the same question I asked you back then:what is your favourite generation and game(pokemon game of course)?

:]

Custom avatars are for Pokemon Showdown Moderators (and above), aim is a Moderator of Smogon's RMT forum.
Ahh, I didn't know that but I did think that there is some stupidity in my question but hey I always like looking at those customs showdown avatars.

Tried out the dog and lobster team and in my first battle ran into monkey and the maiden

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-173682994

Other than yourself, Jamvad and Chimpact, what other active Youtubers are there that upload high level battles. Once you've seen Japanese girls puking in each others mouths its hard to go back to playboy once you start watching high level stuff its hard to go back to the normal stuff knowmsayin

Aim you are my idol! Please continue to make videos.

What do you do if you tilt from say, 1800s to 1400s. Should I just quit that alt or keep trying? PS: My gxe went from 83-71.

PS name Obviously_AV

Tried out the dog and lobster team and in my first battle ran into monkey and the maiden

Other than yourself, Jamvad and Chimpact, what other active Youtubers are there that upload high level battles. Once you've seen Japanese girls puking in each others mouths its hard to go back to playboy once you start watching high level stuff its hard to go back to the normal stuff knowmsayin
ThunderBlunder777 also uploads high level battles imo

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ill fire up some more questions since this was p cool:

ost9 thoughts?

baril porra yn?

Best trashtalker on smogon?

should olt become a season-based tournament?

Should the voting standards be raised? A.k.a is it too easy to get to vote for suspects nowadays?

Most overrated player?
1. the one where Hugo won? I'm happy he won haha he's a friend and a great player/builder. Granted the circumstances were out of the ordinary but hey can't argue with results.
2. y
3. The Based Lord? MY BALLS! lol ctc :]
4. i'd like that though idk since it offers a trophy i kinda like how it is now as it would be in the way of other major tours
5. i think so. Maybe i'm just bias but i feel that a player who has proved himself should just be able to vote. Only reason i say this is because everyone and their mother came out of the woods to ladder for gengarite. people who don't even play. granted i guess i promoted that and told people to ladder haha but the ladder isn't imo a good way of justifying the meta if that makes sense
6. me
joeyyyyyyyy :]

I have been watching your videos religiously for the past couple years because your prediction skills are far beyond impressive and it's to the point that it feels like your PO/PS lives are pre-recorded lol. I actually have a question outside of battling. I know you're a One Piece fan and I'm sure you can tell based on my avatar I am, too, so I was just curious what made you get into OP and what is your opinion on how the anime is going currently (anime-only watcher here btw). Also, what other animes do you like to watch?
Haha yeah i love One Piece and you can blame PK, Leo, and shofu for that. They always talked about it so i ended up spending a month of my summer a while close to 2 years ago watching episodes 1 - 400something and i continue to watch it today. the characters are amazing and though it's really slow and drawn out, that's how OP is, it gets good in the end. Man i'm just waiting for them to fight Joker. Um i also like a lot of sports animes since i play them though anime makes them all look like superheroes playing sports. I like Hajime no ippo. diamond no ace uh kuroko. stuff liek that. I bounce around from anime from time to time since i dont have much time to watch haha.
hi. teach me how to get girlfran pls
Get off this site o.o

ou or ubers?
That's hard haha i'd say OU but only by a little.

In terms of competitive viability, what do you think is the most overrated pokemon?
Mega Pinsir. It's good just so easily checked idk even a wp one i just find it a bit underwhelming even though i've used it plenty of times to get reqs

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Watching your road to top tens inspired me too get better at competitive, and i couldnt thank you enough because its honestly so much fun :)
You seem to play on showdown ALOT do you prefer it over the actual games or do you just like it for videos?
Haha np buddy glad that i could be an inspiration! No i love the actual games it's just showdown takes far less time to get more battles and generally the skill level is greater. of course i'm only saying that cause i can get 50 battles in the time it takes to get 5 wifi battles and if 4 out of 5 of those wifi battlers are a bit inexperienced it's just something that turns me off from wifi. i love playing my friends though on wifi and i love the ingame. Showdown is great for videos too haha
Ok I doubt my question is gonna make it through the flood at this point by oh well if it does then cool :]

Do you think its impossible for "newer" battlers to become as good now? For instance, there doesn't seem to be as many RMTs to get into the game (like Dice talked about in Dice Offense Omnicrom, iirc) and that there aren't po clans and all of that cool stuff. This is coming from a perspective where I'm a yt'er just trying to get better, and it seems like I'll never get that much better at the game haha
I think that it definitely is possible through practice! enter tournaments! lose! and learn from those losses broski. i love watching replays as well as I get to learn from people who i consider better than me.
When where and why did the :] aka PK face originate? :J
You'd have to ask PK himself Aneel Blading :]
Some time ago you made a vid in which you wanted your subscribers to ask you questions...But you never made another vid to answer them,so I'll ask you the same question I asked you back then:what is your favourite generation and game(pokemon game of course)?

:]
Haha yeah sorry about that, been meaning to do that. My favorite generation by far has to be second and gold is my favorite game. It brings bck so many good memories. I loved the whole plot and being able to travel back to gen 1. wish there was more story in it though.
is lowgock actually really better than you in xy uu??
heh maybe.

lmfao nice. Um i'd definitely say watch blunder http://youtube.com/thunderblunder777 he knows what he is doing and i definitely feel yah man. also Edgar http://youtube.com/user/dblacstardust if you like ubers
Aim you are my idol! Please continue to make videos.

What do you do if you tilt from say, 1800s to 1400s. Should I just quit that alt or keep trying? PS: My gxe went from 83-71.

PS name Obviously_AV
Haha im flattered and i will! I'd say just take a break friend. take a day or two break. tilt stays the longer you continue trying to ladder. do something else, take your mind off the losses and come back strong!
Will you be doing more nuzlockes? I want to learn from the best :]
:[ maybe lol

Haha yeah i love One Piece and you can blame PK, Leo, and shofu for that. They always talked about it so i ended up spending a month of my summer a while close to 2 years ago watching episodes 1 - 400something and i continue to watch it today. the characters are amazing and though it's really slow and drawn out, that's how OP is, it gets good in the end. Man i'm just waiting for them to fight Joker. Um i also like a lot of sports animes since i play them though anime makes them all look like superheroes playing sports. I like Hajime no ippo. diamond no ace uh kuroko. stuff liek that. I bounce around from anime from time to time since i dont have much time to watch haha.
Yea Dressrosa's been amazing so far but I get what you're saying regarding the pacing. OP needs to have a few filler arcs once the pirate alliance saga is finally finished since the manga is so close to the anime. I honestly can't see doffy being defeated unless Law's plan actually works out. Doffy has done nothing but either kill people or left people hanging on by a thread lol. I'm also gonna check out those sport animes since ive been trying to find something different to watch lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)