Kecleon [QC 3/3] Writing

Fixed up everything that Hollywood suggested (thanks btw), however I think that a completed Kecleon analysis won't be possible untill ORAS comes out and I can update with all of the new compatible moves/viable sets that it will be able to run. Any thoughts about that?

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fixed up everything that Hollywood suggested (thanks btw), however I think that a completed Kecleon analysis won't be possible untill ORAS comes out and I can update with all of the new compatible moves/viable sets that it will be able to run. Any thoughts about that?
Pretty much every single analysis will need a revamp when ORAS comes out, but it won't be to much of a change for Kecleon. Yes the moves it will get will greatly increase its viability but at the same time it's either going to be adding in a new set or just substituting out a few moves and usage tips. If you get the whole thing done now then when ORAS comes out it should be fairly simple to put a few moves on and what not.

Pretty much continue to work on it.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I thought about that too. I agree we should just move forward for now and tweak or revamp it when ORAS comes out. For now, I just want a decent legal set onsite.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't say Gurdurr "appreciates" being Tricked a Band, but I would note that it's not completely crippled by it

QC 2/3 Can-Eh-Dian

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
fuck richard tbh. also i feel like usage tips could use some expanding, what does kec come in on? i.e. does it need a free switch in or does it get in for free on common mons. talk about the way protean plays defensively in ut as well, i.e. leaving yourself open to coverage moves by type changing or avoiding moves by type changing for that matter. I'd also mention more team options in which kec fills the supporting role, right now you're just sort of offering advice on building around kec and i think you can add info on how it helps teams that arent necessarily aiming to use it. (other choiced attackers and physical threats like having bulkier pokemon tricked cb as its easier to predict for example)

implement those before you write up since richard just felt like sniping anyways. ;]

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Can-Eh-Dian make sure to implement the things Kiyo suggested. Also when it comes to C&C you need to be more detailed and outline specific situations that Kecleon can encounter along with Pokemon who can give out status to it. If you have any questions about this just message me on PS.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
this was dropped / thecanadianwifier is taking over (montedit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)