VGC Well I'm kinda insecure about this (VGC 14')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, well I'm from Costa Rica, I've been building a new team for a tournament on this sunday, but I've been having too much troubles with it so I'm requesting some help now.

Charles (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 220 HP / 108 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect
This ev spread allows Charizard to survive a rock slide from mamoswine and anything lower than it (like chomp), also takes kanga's returns and m-manectric volt switch/thunderbolt, it doesn't need that much of speed tho.

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 196 HP / 120 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
Well this is a pretty bulky standart spread, usually the hp ice allows me to 2HKO garchomp most of the time, it also takes rock slides pretty well.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
Well this is Collin Heier's spread, I thought it'd have been nice because of the usage of the weakness policy.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 12 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard
Well. I added this poke as my main support, with the intimidate and the fake out, it can take a brave bird from a -1 choice band talonflame.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
This is my scarf mamo, with the choice scarf the speed is enough to outspeed things like garchomp, mega charizards and others, the full hp allows it to get around 30%-40% from an overheat of m-manectric

Talonflame (I don't know if I'll switch it for gardevoir) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
And this is just a basic standart set for talonflame.

PS : Sorry if my english is not that GREAT ^.^, I'd like to get some comments about what can I add/change or take out of the time. Thanks!

Last edited:
you need at least three lines of description for each pokemon in order to explain the choices in the pokemon and sets. people can tell that a certain set is standard, but they want to know why you made these choices and how it works with the rest of the team. take a look at the rmt rules and other rmts to see what's expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)