Doubles CAP Project thread! Stage 8: Stat Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moudou I'm not really sure what you mean by Flying being weak offensively, considering most people feel it's a very powerful offensive typing. If you mean the STAB moves, then yeah, Flying does have some shits STABs.

Water / Fire sounds interesting. I actually really like this combo. It teams with Lando, Terrak, and other Fighting types like Loom. It helps switch into Fairies, and beat Grass quite easily with its Fire STAB. It does, however, struggle against Water types, which makes Rain a really hard matchup. It also means that we're weak to both EQ and Rock Slide, limiting switch in opportunities.

Fangame10 Sand Force is kinda meh overall anyways, so losing that as a potential ability really isn't that big of a deal.

I think Water / Flying and Water / Fire are both really nice. I'm kinda iffy on Water / Flying though because Rotom-W hard walls us lol. Water / Fire sounds nice as well, but then we get walled by Keldeo, so it kind of seems like a pick-your-poison type of thing. Electric / Flying also sounds really interesting, and I think with Hidden Power Ice, it'd have a pretty easy time dealing with Lando-T. We could also remove things like Ferro with the right support. It doesn't give us a switch in to Fairy- or Rock-type attacks, though, which kinda sucks. However, with Sand Rush + HP Ice, I'm wondering how much that'd matter once you're able to get it out onto the field.

I think the main issue with Flying-type, though, is the STAB issue. Making us a physical attacker is a no-go imo, especially considering how important it is to beat Lando-T. Because of this, I really like Water / Fire for the fact that it doesn't rely on a shitting Flying STAB. However, it isn't all that great defensively, which is something we need to be careful of. It also lacks a way to hit Fighting super effectively, making Keldeo and AV Conkeldurr problems :[. Maybe we could give it like Psychic?

Moudou I'm not really sure what you mean by Flying being weak offensively, considering most people feel it's a very powerful offensive typing. If you mean the STAB moves, then yeah, Flying does have some shits STABs.

Water / Fire sounds interesting. I actually really like this combo. It teams with Lando, Terrak, and other Fighting types like Loom. It helps switch into Fairies, and beat Grass quite easily with its Fire STAB. It does, however, struggle against Water types, which makes Rain a really hard matchup. It also means that we're weak to both EQ and Rock Slide, limiting switch in opportunities.

Fangame10 Sand Force is kinda meh overall anyways, so losing that as a potential ability really isn't that big of a deal.

I think Water / Flying and Water / Fire are both really nice. I'm kinda iffy on Water / Flying though because Rotom-W hard walls us lol. Water / Fire sounds nice as well, but then we get walled by Keldeo, so it kind of seems like a pick-your-poison type of thing. Electric / Flying also sounds really interesting, and I think with Hidden Power Ice, it'd have a pretty easy time dealing with Lando-T. We could also remove things like Ferro with the right support. It doesn't give us a switch in to Fairy- or Rock-type attacks, though, which kinda sucks. However, with Sand Rush + HP Ice, I'm wondering how much that'd matter once you're able to get it out onto the field.

I think the main issue with Flying-type, though, is the STAB issue. Making us a physical attacker is a no-go imo, especially considering how important it is to beat Lando-T. Because of this, I really like Water / Fire for the fact that it doesn't rely on a shitting Flying STAB. However, it isn't all that great defensively, which is something we need to be careful of. It also lacks a way to hit Fighting super effectively, making Keldeo and AV Conkeldurr problems :[. Maybe we could give it like Psychic?
Yeah, I was talking about the bad Flying STAB moves. You already had mentioned the point btw, Brave Bird and Air Slash isn't great...

I'm gonna go off topic, but I don't think that we should be discussing moves yet. Sure Psychic could be very nice on that Flying type (and on a Water/Fire too for that matter), but if we start thinking about giving it Psychic, I think we should consider using my Flying/Steel type and consider giving it Ice Beam for instance (just an example, I didn't actually mean it).

(And if we want to beat Lando-T, Sand Rush will probably be the best ability on the market...)

About the Water/Fire type, you say that it doesn't check Water types and Rain Teams. I say we can't have it all lol! Right now, we have something that can decently deal with Lando-T (if it outspeeds it...) and check a lot of weaknesses on the team. Plus it already deals with Terrak for instance. I think that if you know how to dance and dodge, Rain Teams are a pain in the ass but you can handle them with other mons on the team.The biggest problem obv being Keldeo...

I'm not that fan of a Flying/Electric type, it's vulnerable to Rock, and we already have some good stuff with that typing :/

Yeah I know what you mean that we can't have it all lol. I'm just trying to come up with every single thing each typing may be weak to, as it can influence decisions as to whether or not things are a good type.

And Psychic was more of an afterthought than an actual argument lol. The only time I may use moves as actual arguments are if they're STAB moves or if it's Hidden Power, as every normal Pokemon can learn Hidden Power.

But I do think one thing we want in our CAP is to, at the very least, have SOME option to deal with the types TTar is weak to. The thing about Fire / Water is that while its pretty strong offensively, it's pretty terrible defensively, being unable to switch into Rock and Ground, two of the main types we need answers to. There's also the fact that, once again, it doesn't really have any option against Fighting- or Water-types.

I really do like Water / Flying but it does lose to some key mons like Rotom-W. However, if we're able to give it a nice Flying STAB move, then it should be able to deal with Grass, Bug, Fighting, Rock, and Ground offensively while being able to deal with Ground, Fighting, Steel, and Water defensively. That's pretty good IMO, as it only really has one thing (Fairy) it struggles to deal with. I think it may have the best mix of things it threatens offensively and things it can switch into defensively. If this typing was chosen, I could see something like Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Lum Ferrothorn as a good partner, as they resist Fairy and can deal with Rotom-W fairly well.

Of course, if a good Flying-type STAB move is not possible, I think we're going to need to look elsewhere. Like I said, I like Water / Fire due to its ability to deal with the threats you've mentioned previously. I think if we did have this typing, we'd need to play with the CAP a lot more cautiously as a sweeper due to its common weaknesses. Latios would also be an almost mandatory partner due to its ability to deal with Water- and Fighting-types, most notably Keldeo.

So yeah I think at this point I'd be most likely to vote Water / Flying, but if a strong Flyng-STAB move isn't an option, then my vote would go to Water / Fire.

But I do think one thing we want in our CAP is to, at the very least, have SOME option to deal with the types TTar is weak to. The thing about Fire / Water is that while its pretty strong offensively, it's pretty terrible defensively, being unable to switch into Rock and Ground, two of the main types we need answers to. There's also the fact that, once again, it doesn't really have any option against Fighting- or Water-types.
That's why I like the Grass / Ghost idea. Offensively it has a STAB type that can potentially OHKO Keldeo and Terrekion and Politoed, and it would have STAB on one of the best offensive typings in the game: Ghost. Defensively, it's immune to Fighting and resists Ground and Water. While I like the STAB combo that Fire / Water gives, it just isn't good enough defensively. Also, Moudou, Ghost would remove Grass's weakness to Bug too.

The problem with Ghost is it seems very similar to Steel / Flying in that it really doesn't do enough offensively. You hit Ground, Rock, and Water, which is great, but your only options of hitting Fairy, Fire, Fighting, Bug, and Steel is with a neutral STAB move. That's a lot imo, and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I fear this would leave our CAP unable to remove of these threats fast enough, allowing them to fire off a powerful STAB move and ruin a sweep. Another thing you have to worry about are Hydregon and Bisharp, two fairly common Pokemon that wall a Ghost / Grass CAP pretty hard.

What I DO like about Grass / Ghost, however, is its potential to hit everything. You're right in saying that Ghost is probably the best offensive typing in the game, being resisted only by Dark and Normal. This means we will always have SOME option to deal with all of TTars weaknesses. However, I do wonder if this would be enough to pull off a sweep consistently, which at least right now, I don't think it would be.

First of all I would like to say, I really liked that ground/fairy idea. When reading the description that is actually the typing that first came to my head (along with storm drain lol)
Are we all set for this thing to be a sweeper? I get the feeling that everyone is going with sand rush as if its the only thing viable about sand but I'm not 100% convinced.
If we plan to go all offense, I think Ice/fairy will totally wipe a tonne of tyranitar's counters. Of course there is scizor but that won't be staying in if tyranitar has fire blast. I thought of this along the lines of the balanced hackmons playstyle where people like to go for STAB refrigerate ice spams

But if I were to choose just on the basis of typing alone, I would pick bug/fairy. Killing landoge doesn't need an ice STAB and tyranitar has ice beam anyway. This said, the viable tyranitar set is not always physical. Just look at OU Ttar.
Landorous T usually runs earthquake/rock slide, both are spread moves so getting tyranitar to safely fire the ice beam is a matter of the movepool of the partner (e.g. wide guard, after you, if this thing is going to get any of them).

Bug/Fairy is a great counterpart to tyranitar's weakness: fighting 4x, bug fairy grass ground steel water. Bug/Fairy will resist fighting by 4x, and 2x to bug, grass, and ground. It's true it has steel and flying weakeness but quick guard from itself or from a support like hitmontop would help. The water weakness depends also if it would get storm drain, which will surely answer the rain team problems.

And looking at the main rain sweepers, ludicolo and kingdra? Weak to bug, weak to fairy.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems to me that a more defensive synergetic combination would be quite superior to adding more offense to an already glass cannon-like playstyle. What isn't being emphasized enough in this discussion is what exactly fucks Tyranitar up? Its long list of weaknesses is one, but in the grand scheme of things, simply covering weaknesses isn't very difficult to do, leaves us with too many unsynergetic combinations (like Steel / Flying which I heavily oppose and will explain why later) and just generally isn't very directing at this stage in the game.

Another major problem Tyranitar has is dealing with other competing weather, and I don't think enough people have touched upon that in this discussion. Right now, Tyranitar gets its ass kicked in a lead 1 v 1 situation versus both Politoed and Mega Charizard Y (unless you run counterteaming Pokemon but that gets too theoretically unreliable as the opponent can bring counter-counters and things just get too unpredictable.) Toed can shrug off hits easily, isn't scared by Excadrill, and will burn your team to death. Zard can simply mega evolve, take away your weather and 2HKO both your Pokemon with the same move. Because of this, it is highly unadvisable to lead with Sand, and is also quite difficult to gain control of momentum once you lose it because it's so hard to switch in.

(You see know why Steel / Flying doesn't work- you literally add another Pokemon for Sun and Rain to smash. Even loads of extra special defense aren't going to help, and an ability can't handle both Fire / Water at the same time. Also, you are quite helpless offensively against both; most Rain teams carry Steels that can set up on you / Electric types, while Sun teams can just send in Charizard / Landorus-T)

I propose a defensive synergetic combination because of this:

Tyranitar would very greatly benefit from a partner that can flawlessly switch into Politoed and Mega Charizard Y so that switching out to switch back in isn't a pain in the ass. This allows Sand players to make more reckless yet more rewarding plays, puts more pressure on the weather war as opposed to surviving the onslaught, and opens up more opportunities for your own sweepers to come in.

Sand really doesn't need more repetitive offense. Landorus-T already beats TTar and its main sweeper; adding another physical Pokemon to beat Fighting-types and stuff is really pointless because it won't work. Trying to squeeze in a special attacker won't help much either because then it becomes very difficult to synergize, maintain power / speed, and also maintain bulk with a typing that isn't trash. As long as you can manage Landorus-T, you're pretty set, even if means just outlasting it, which isn't hard nowadays since Lefties / Sitrus isn't the most popular item.

On the flipside, sand teams really need more bulk, which will help them shrug off hits when (and they will) they lose the weather war, even if temporarily. A major problem sand teams have is that they let Rain or Sun get up and then it just goes downhill from there- if your team is 1/3 Landoge weak and 2/3 designed to counter Landoge, you become really weak to everything else Sand has problems with. Support would be great as well; Sand teams in generally have trouble beating speed control because of lack of bulk, and have trouble getting past attack control because of lack of special power.

Main typing I propose:

Poison / Water

Other notable types for consideration:
- Dragon
- Electric

Provided this Pokemon is given bulk and a good ability (idk if we're even allowed to mention these here, sorry if not) it would be a great supportive supplement to Sand teams. With this typing, our first CAP will have the tolls to handle Mega Charizard Y / Sun and Toed / Rain fairly easily in a 1 v 1 matchup, and would also be able to handle quite easily Steel, Fairy, and Fighting. It might have problems with Electric-types, but Excadrill can take advantage of that easily, and with Ground-types, but that can be solved with an ability or other team members (and Ground-types can't switch in) I mention Dragon as a possibility over Water to better handle Electric-types as well as Water / Fire, though I believe Water is best because you keep your resistance to Fairy.

As a supportive tank, this Pokemon will easily outlast Politoed and Mega Charizard Y, which is enough to give Sand an edge in the weather war. It can also be relied on to readily switch into sweepers from both weathers- including Ludicolo, Mega Mawile, and Mega Scizor from Rain, and Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y, and Heatran from Sun. This is with only barely above average defensive stats and no help from items or a possible ability. With its STABs this Pokemon will also be able to hit these threats for a lot of damage without having to require too much offensive investment. Instead, it can be thrown in to stalemate sweepers and wear them down, perhaps even sacrificing itself in the end to allow another teammate to come in.

Poison is almost a must, I should say, because it provides a Fairy and Fighting resistance, two important things for Sand teams. You won't have to switch in Exca and have it lose half its health in order to allow Tyranitar to survive one more turn when nonweather whips out its Sylveon. It also enables Sand to attack Sun / Rain at an angle that is relatively not guarded- Steel types can be bypassed quite easily with Excadrill / Water-typing.

Anyway if you get nothing else from this long ass post know these two things: defensive is better and Poison is good. That is all.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I really don't like most of the typings listed tbh. I don't have a typing of my own atm (hopefully will soon) but I'd urge people to keep in mind that offensive synergy is more important than defense for this mon. While it might seem nice to have something to cover TTar's weaknesses, the main problem is that Excadrill isn't sufficiently threatening as it can be handled by many Pokemon in the metagame (such as Landorus-T) and it and Tyranitar are checked by the same stuff (unless you use LO Special TTar on every Sand team, and even then). For these reasons, I think that keeping offensive synergy in mind over defensive synergy will be more useful for Sand teams, since that is the main issue as to why Sand Offense isn't as popular as other forms. There are plenty of existing ways to handle Tyranitar's weaknesses defensively, but finding something that can take advantage of Sand offensively in an effective manner is very difficult.

edit: Pwnemon, I said exactly what you said at the end. "and it and Tyranitar are checked by the same stuff"

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I absolutely have to agree that our typing should be primarily defensive. For one, there's the matter that ALL typings are, to some extent, primarily defensive. You can pack coverage moves, but you can't pack coverage resists. This is especially relevant when looking at things like Landorus-T, who can get absolutely donked by coverage types.

But you're wayyyyy overly focused on 'the weather war.' that is the least of Sand's concerns—for one, Tyranitar natively destroys Charizard if we run a Dragon Dance or Scarf set (i.e., basically every usable Tyranitar set). For two, charizard plus politoed makes up about 17% of teams total, yet i can guaran fcking tee that tyranitar does not have an easy time vs 83% of teams. That's because he has way bigger problems than having to switch out of toed.

23:00 Pwnemon: !usage1337 politoed doubles
23:00 TIBot: Politoed - #16 in Doubles | Usage: 9.48164% | Raw count: 26,347 | Weight: 0.0120558809703
23:00 Pwnemon: !usage1337 charizard doubles
23:00 TIBot: Charizard - #23 in Doubles | Usage: 7.60591% | Raw count: 61,968 | Weight: 0.00412447508918

I stick by the threatlist I named earlier (though now it occurs to me I may have named it only on irc...)

1) Landorus-T
2) Terrakion
3) Mawile
4) Keldeo
5) Scizor
6) Aegislash

These are the biggest threats to Sand, no doubt. All can switch in on Rock Slide, all can threaten the hell out of Tyranitar, all have generally good resists and can use the offensive momentum generated by forcing out Tyranitar to run train on your team. We need to focus on these, not the weather war (lol).

Water/Poison actually does...pretty well vs all of these, with one major exception: landorus-t. Ouch. Yeah. The single most common Pokemon in doubles. by a long shot. It also does poorly against Pokemon that may not be able to switch in so well against rock slide but are real terrors once they're in, like Rotom-W and Gardevoir.

As a side note, that's why i'm so against flying-anything. Can't switch in on lando or terrakion, useless stabs vs mawile, and destroyed by Rotom-W. Not exactly helpful.

So my thoughts go back to Grass. Grass is the best type for switching into Landorus because it resists EQ while not being weak to Rock Slide. It's great vs Terrakion and Keldeo and Rotom-W and the other mons on my list can all be covered with the same coverage move. It also, in case you like Electrolyte are terrified of Politoed, beats that. I really don't see a route to take that is better than grass.

OH great audio u just ninjad me. I disagree entirely. The reason Exca is bad is because it's handled by the exact same things as Tyranitar.

Proposing Water / Ground typing because it works well on Sand, takes advantage of Rain, and is a wonderful defensive typing. Of the 6 Pokemon that Pwnemon named, its STAB moves hit all but Scizor and Keldeo super effectively, which does help a bit. This typing gives a resistance to common spread moves and is only neutral to Earthquake. This typing would be a nice defensive typing for a Pokemon, allows it to benefit from Sand, and helps wall / hurt common threats.

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Proposing Water / Ground typing because it works well on Sand, takes advantage of Rain, and is a wonderful defensive typing. Of the 6 Pokemon that Pwnemon named, its STAB moves hit all but Scizor and Keldeo super effectively, which does help a bit. This typing gives a resistance to common spread moves and is only neutral to Earthquake. This typing would be a nice defensive typing for a Pokemon, allows it to benefit from Sand, and helps wall / hurt common threats.
That is basically Gastrodon,

I agree that Grass is our best defensive type because it can resist landorus quite well.
another typing I think would work well would be the Grass/Ground type as this type is untouchable by landorus (u-turn is his best move) can do super effective damage to Rotom-W while taking neutral, same with the water pokemon and rain teams, Kill Steel types as well such as Bisharp and mawile, and it can destroy the musketeers, immune to spore, Its only threats: Fire/Bug/Ice/Flying are all KO'd by tyranitar easily. So I'd think this type would work to our benefit as it's also part ground to benefit from sand force. I would say only scizor gets away from this pokemon, so It would need a fire move in the futre.

Last edited:
Yes grass is good and immunity to spore + prankster stun spore (if anyone uses whimsicott?) is pretty neat. STAB giga drain (?) could also help it sustain a tonne.

I have to disagree with grass and ground
"Its only threats: Fire/Bug/Ice/Flying are all KO'd by tyranitar easily."
The main problem is, ice. Most ice move users are not ice types themselves. They are water types. And if I recall correctly, Keldeo carries icy wind. This means that the grass/ground type must either 1) Have sand rush and sandstorm is up or 2) is faster than 108 base (Keldeo)
Putting 108 in speed could make the other stats lower than they should be. Also most swift swimmers carry ice beam, so it would be nice if we don't get 1 shotted by it.

While on the topic of speed, why not Grass/Electric? It can't be paralysed so it can retain its speed, resists bullet punch (and all other steel moves of course) and can potentially get bolt beam coverage (or psuedo bolt beam with HP ice). Is resisting earthquake super important? It all depends if this thing outspeeds lando right?
I murder you before you murder me

It needs to be part bug / grass / flying IMO so that it can switch into EQs from both friendly and opposing Excadrills and Landoges. I agree with Pwn about the flying type idea though if we go the defensive rout. Offensively, flying is a good idea, but it is bad defensively. How is ghost as a secondary typing? It's immune to fighting, resists bug, and synergies really well with tyranitar's dark typing.

Ghost leaves it weak to three of the threats Pwne mentioned though. Mawile (Sucker punch), Scizor (Knock off) and Aegislash (shadow sneak/ball). Apart from shadow sneak (which I believe is getting less usage now), they are all very capable >80 base power moves. I don't really see why grass/ghost would be better than bug/fairy. So for now I'm sticking with grass electric (I had bad experiences with thunder wave).

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Actually I like that electric/grass idea, it dose have good speed control and the all important resitance to steel. but most importantly is that it'd make for a very good type for a pokemon with sand rush as its speed can't be lowered by t-wave. I would be fine with this type simply because no other pokemon uses it lel. But this type is going to have a hard time against landorus t without an ice move because it can't switch in on EQs

In my opinion, Grass is one of the most important typings for the CAP to have since it makes for the best Lando-T switchin/friendly EQ absorber, resisting Ground without adding a weakness to Rock Slide. A resistance to Water-type attacks is also very helpful vs. Rain.

With a primary Grass-typing in mind, I looked at several possibilities for the secondary typing, and I considered each one with the threatlist Pwnemon provided (Landorus-T, Terrakion, Mawile, Keldeo, Scizor, Aegislash). Grass/Fire instantly pops up as an option to beat the Steel-types mentioned (Mawile, Scizor, Aegislash), but this leaves use weak to Rock and neutral to Ground, making the CAP weaker vs. Lando-T, which is something that we definitely need to be able to beat. Adding other typings such as Poison, Electric, Steel, etc. each have their own benefits, but make the CAP neutral to EQ, something I definitely feel we should resist in the interest of beating Landorus-T, as well as tanking EQs from its partner if need be. Grass/Ground is interesting since it provides offensive STAB vs. the Steel types that threaten us, but the 4x Ice weakness is a real pain and worsens its matchup vs. Rain.

The main typings that stand out to me are ones that resist EQ, aren't weak to Rock Slide, resist water, and don't accidentally open up a gaping weakness to a mon on the threatlist. The possibilities I found most ideal were Grass/Water and mono Grass. Grass/Water is really nice for tanking Water attacks, and has a resistance to Bullet Punch as a bonus. Mono Grass, while boring, isn't a bad option at all as it can still solidly switch in on Lando-T (the best it can do is U-turn), and has incredibly useful resistances to Electric, Grass, Water, and Ground. The main drawback to these particular typings is that none really provide resistances to Fighting/Fairy, but imo being able to switch in and beat Lando-T is of the utmost importance since he's one of the largest threats to sand. Access to Fire coverage such as Fire Blast/Lava Plume would be incredibly helpful to deal with Steels (espcially Scizor), but not a secondary Fire-typing though for the reasons mentioned above, but that's a topic for the movepool discussion.

Ghost leaves it weak to three of the threats Pwne mentioned though. Mawile (Sucker punch), Scizor (Knock off) and Aegislash (shadow sneak/ball). Apart from shadow sneak (which I believe is getting less usage now), they are all very capable >80 base power moves. I don't really see why grass/ghost would be better than bug/fairy. So for now I'm sticking with grass electric (I had bad experiences with thunder wave).
Scarf tar with Fire Blast and Crunch beats all of these, and they're are all very easily crippled via W-o-W. Also, what's more important to sand offense? Beating Scizor and Aegislash and Mawile easily, or beating the musketeers (who are hard counters to nearly all Tyranitar variants)? Plus, Excadrills can handle them with EQ / Drill Run, so I think the order of things to beat goes like this:

1) Landorous-T
2) Terrekion (it gets a SpDef boost in the sand)
3) Mawile
4) Keldeo (Tyranitar gets a SpDef boost in The sand)
5) Aegislash
6) Scizor

Ghost / Grass beats two of the top 3, 3 of all of the and is only beaten by 2 of them. Overall, I think it's a solid choice for a defensive typing.

Edit: Also, all of them but Keldeo (and lum berry Tyranitar) cower in fear at willowisp, and (not to "poll jump" into move pool discussion) WoW isn't out of the question as a move to deal with them.

Last edited:
I think in supporting T-Tar I would first look for a typing that covers his 4 x Fighting weakness first and foremost and then what else he's most likely to be hit by on the physical side of things as Sand affords him the greater Special Defense.

Likely this is would be Earthquakes, strong U-Turns and Iron Heads.

Therefore I'd like to propose Ghost/Flying as our CAP as out of the likely moves aimed at T-Tar only Iron Head would be taken for neutral damage and we neatly cover the Fighting and Ground weakness by immunities, allowing good switching to gain us momentum.

Ghost and Flying types generally have quite good support to offer with varied moves like Feather Dance, Wisp, Trick Room, Tailwind etc which could allow us to go down the support route if we so choose or if people have their hearts set on sweeping then Flying/Ghost gives us neutral coverage on most of the metagame with key super-effectiveness on Fighting types that T-Tar and Excadrill struggle with as well as a potential answer to both Venusaur and Ludicolo if we can can catch them outside their comfort zone weather and making Breloom run for cover.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
It's now time to vote again! The votes in CAP all follow the same pattern: First we have a Preferential Block Voting segment which narrows down the slate of options to the top 3. We then hold an IRV runoff between the top 3 options to determine the ultimate winner. Each of these rounds lasts 24 hours. So your first slate for voting consideration, compiled between myself and srk1214, is as follows (in order of submission):

Grass / Ground
Grass / Ghost
Water / Poison
Poison / Flying

This will be a Preferential Block Vote (PBV) (a form of Instant Runoff Voting which re-runs the counting, each time removing the previously top-ranked candidate in order to determine the 2nd most preferred, 3rd most preferred, etc.), the details of which are outlined here and here. This is a ranked vote: order does matter! You can upvote your favourites and downvote your least favourites. You may choose to rank as many or as few options as you like, but we encourage you to rank as many options as possible to ensure your preferences are taken into account.

Bold your votes and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:
First Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Third Most Preferred
Fourth Most Preferred

Any other comments you wish to make go here.
Please post only your votes in this thread. You are allowed to say whatever you like in relation to your vote at the bottom of your post, but please do not look to begin a discussion. Keep those comments to the peanut gallery or #doubles on IRC.

This voting round will last 24 Hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)