Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

My thoughts have been pretty much summed by everyone else. Thankfully the future anime adaptation of this fight will extend it to a proper battle...realistically only looking at 3-4 chapters of fighting and 1-2 more for conclusion.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So they expect the Chansey v. Chansey double-slap fight to end in 3 turns?

I think this chapter was great in terms of imagery:

-Punch-into-fist-bump (that creates understanding)
-"I'm not going to leave you alone."
-Sasuke fight 1: "It's said that top class Shinobi understand each other when they fight."
-Sasuke fight 2: "It's not like before, because I already understand you-- and you understand me too."

So they expect the Chansey v. Chansey double-slap fight to end in 3 turns?

I think this chapter was great in terms of imagery:

-Punch-into-fist-bump (that creates understanding)
-"I'm not going to leave you alone."
-Sasuke fight 1: "It's said that top class Shinobi understand each other when they fight."
-Sasuke fight 2: "It's not like before, because I already understand you-- and you understand me too."
Nah this is more like the infamous Metapod vs Metapod Harden battle if you ask me. So pointless Misty, er Sakura, will eventually berate both of them for their stupidity. And then Team Rocket will appear and be fought off once again.

What I expect to happen in the next chapters is to see the statues of Hashirama and Madara to be destroyed by Naruto and Sasuke. (And Talk-No-Jutsu) If you look closely at the statues in the newest chapter you can see them crumbling from the explosions. If you asked me, Kishi got lazy with the newest chapter and didn't show a lot of different tactical strategies. Kishi just drew explosions and the power-up of Perfect Susano and Kurama Mode.

What I can see going down is that Naruto and Sasuke will destroy the statues. The statues represent the old ninja system and the old way of living. People still follow Hashirama's village structure and political structure which is what Sasuke wants to destroy and create a revolution. Naruto wants to destroy the darkness which would be Madara which would end the Itachis, Sasukes, Tobi/Obito, and future Madaras.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This battle will be a whole lot harder to write tactical strategy for compared to the typical because there are no bystanders. No one to react, analyze, appreciate. There's only so much Kishi can do with just Naruto and Sasuke.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In that sense, without the bystanders, you need a little TnJ to give some more emotion to the fight...as long as we don't have a giant attack, followed by a chapter of TnJ, and then a dead Sasuke.

Reactions: TLS

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
why would either of them bother with strategy? 90% of their jutsus are massive explosions/power blasts and the other 10% are perfect defenses. spray and pray is basically all that has a ghost of a chance lol...

Meanwhile, as a show watcher, I was not at all prepared for how stupid Kaguya's backstory would be.
The biggest question I have is will Kishimoto every explain why Kaguya needed an entire White Zetsu army? Why did Kishi introduce this but never explained it? Did he or is editors decided to just scrap that idea or did Kishi simply said "fuck it I'm through with Naruto" and forgot about it. Because if so that's terrible writing from him and I'll be extremely disappointed if he doesn't explain this.

Woohoo, TnJ fails for now.

The biggest question I have is will Kishimoto every explain why Kaguya needed an entire White Zetsu army? Why did Kishi introduce this but never explained it? Did he or is editors decided to just scrap that idea or did Kishi simply said "fuck it I'm through with Naruto" and forgot about it. Because if so that's terrible writing from him and I'll be extremely disappointed if he doesn't explain this.
If you remember from a while back, white zetsu are the remains of the original people caught in the infinite tsuyukomi. Eons later when Madara was poking around with zetsus, the black one came to him while serving Kaguya and claimed to be a creation of Madara to gain his trust, and introduced the white ones as his creation too. So Madara was the one that used them as an army since there's a lot for starters, and having been changed, also possessed limited mokuton abilities. Essentially though, they're just remnants of the people caught in the original infinite tsuyokomi. It's not that she needed an army, it's that Madara made them into his army.

This is a fight that could srsly never end. Seriously-- are these guys even capable of hurting each other...?

The series has built into both characters a whole lot more defense than offense it just doesn't seem like they can actually do anything to each other.

Naruto Offense v. Sasuke defense
First off, Sasuke has the Rinengan, so he is able to cancel any Ninjutsu-- so rule out basically every kind of huge ninjutsu as long as Sasuke doesn't overuse his Rinnengan. Sasuke is different from Pain in that he can absorb nature energy.

On the Taijutsu front, Sasuke is physically slower than beast mode Naruto, but the predictive powers of his Sharingan + the Rinnengan's teleportation ability that trumps Naruto's physical speed basically makes Sasuke impossible to hit with an attack that doesn't cover his whole teleport range (and again, Sasuke can just absorb big ninjutsu). Naruto could try fill up that whole space with shadow clones. That's a potential weakness, but not one likely to come into play because--

Susanou. If everything else fails (which it won't) Sasuke still has Susanou, which let's Sasuke fly (moving his teleport zone) and protects him from most attacks.

Sasuke offense v. Naruto defense

Naruto is physically faster than Sasuke (by a LOT-- Sasuke was overwhelmed by Raikage's Speed and hasn't gained any major physical boosts since, where Naruto was faster than Raikage's just with his incomplete ninetales form-- now he has connection to ALL the tailed beasts' Chakra, and can combine it with his natural sage chakra too). Speaking of sage mode, 6th path sage mode's sensory ability combined with Naruto's superior speed and ability to Fly is going to make it all but impossible for Sasuke to hit Naruto with anything-- even with Teleporting. All of this presumes Sasuke actually figures out which body is the real body and not a Shadow Clone, pretty much impossible since Kaguya couldn't do it even with ALL THREE of the great doujutsu (while Sasuke lacks the Byakugan).

Naruto also has the tailed beasts inside him, making him immune to most Genjutsu... so yeah. It's a potential weakness, but not one likely to come into play.

Finally when all else fails (which it won't) there's still Naruto's beast shrowd and regenerating abilities to take into account-- and his sage healing powers. On top of all this, Naruto is able to use the 6th paths black matter like Madara, which is capable of making basically indestructible shields, so in the unlikely event Sasuke actually hits Naruto with something, there's not a whole lot that something can do in terms of lasting damage.

In fact all of these types of problems existed in the fight with Kaguya, who could only hurt Naruto/Sasuke with her spears, because those were the only attacks she had that could trump Naruto's healing/shields and Sasuke's Susanou/jutsu absorption.

Sasuke and Naruto too had nothing to actually hurt Kaguya, and only got around her defense by sealing her (as opposed to beating her by damage).

In Sasuke v Naruto, there will be no sealing. There are no attacks either has as decisive as Kaguya's spears (which were still pretty crap in practical application).

Unless Kishi totally ignores the canon powers of both characters (which he probably will, cause otherwise it'd never end), this might as well be a double-slapping contest between two Blissey.
I knew as soon as the fight started all this crap would go out the window. I actually doubt Kishi can remember half the bs powers he gave these two during the last arc. I sure as hell can't(I can't even remember how all this started)

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's like when a kid tries to role play and gives himself all of these crazy powers. He ends up giving himself so many that he just forgets the less important ones he had.

The more this drags on, the harder I find that it will end properly. I almost feel like the fight is going to have some sort of abrupt end to it, like one of the two dying too quickly.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
total bs-- this story is going so far off from the cannon powers of both characters and functions of ninjutsu it's just retarded.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I don't care if it ends happily ever after or not, or yes-- Naruto better BEAT Sasuke in the real sense of the word (none of this Kakashi-saves-his-ass bullshit, or Sasuke lets him live bullshit). If Naruto doesn't win, I will flip my shit. I'll be more pissed than I was at the ending of Hikaru-no-Go. I will be more annoyed than I get during every Rurouni Kenshin scene where Kenshin's being a fucking pansy drama-queen. Take notes writers: Your main character has to WIN at the end of a good Shonen, unless he is also the villain (ie. Death Note, but even then the series was best at the point L dies and went downhill from there).

Naruto better WIN or will be so pissed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)