(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Sorry man, I get very passionate when I see stuff like that :pirate:

I'm done talking about it if everyone else is.
Eh, it's easy to get caught in the chaos, just felt as if this is kiiinda detracting from the point of the thread. Maybe a thread on whether IVs are a detriment or a boon to Pokémon in this context would be good, though. Just not here

Evolution stones. the stone emporium only sells water, fire and leaf stones. if you want extras of any of the others, you have to be really good at super training or be able to beat fucking psychic inver, which requires getting 9 super effective hits on a three pokemon team while remembering all the flipped type matchups. I just want a togekiss and an aegislash and a clefable gdi

Evolution stones. the stone emporium only sells water, fire and leaf stones. if you want extras of any of the others, you have to be really good at super training or be able to beat fucking psychic inver, which requires getting 9 super effective hits on a three pokemon team while remembering all the flipped type matchups. I just want a togekiss and an aegislash and a clefable gdi
I know! They should at least have Thunder Stones. I've been lucky with my Pickup Pokémon and have a decent amount of Moon Stones.
Actually, if I haven't said it before, I will say it here:
Leftovers should be available for BP. I will but Leftovers for 48BP, so please just give me the ability!

I know! They should at least have Thunder Stones. I've been lucky with my Pickup Pokémon and have a decent amount of Moon Stones.
Leftovers should be available for BP. I will but Leftovers for 48BP, so please just give me the ability!
Why not throw all the evolution stones up there while we're at it? Seriously. The other damn evolution items are there, as is Rare Candy, so why not?

oohhh can you get any evolution stones with pickup? Because my Dedenne has pickup and it's gotta find some way to pay the bills beyond being cute
No, just Sun and Moon Stone.

[quote="No, just Sun and Moon Stone.[/quote]
Welp *shrugs*
(I mean, I'm transferring all my pokemon to AS when i get it so presumably stones will be easier to find there)

Why not throw all the evolution stones up there while we're at it? Seriously. The other damn evolution items are there, as is Rare Candy, so why not?
I can accept less when it at least feels complete. Though I would just prefer to be able to buy all the evolutionary items for PokéDollars (I'm looking at you, Metal Coat!).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I know, WTF? The Pokeball Boutique sells all the different kinds of Poke Balls (even individual Premier Balls, no Master Ball though, the Lottery have all of those *shakes fist angily*), what the hell happened here? Maybe I could understand if every day he changes what stones he sell so since they are evolution stones, but still they other stones should still be sold there at some point (even if its at a higher price).

Well there's one on Route 12 and you can get it from Pickup. But yeah, being how popular of a competitive tool it is it probably should be sold for BP.

New Annoyance:

Does anyone find it annoying that the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion didn't get a 3D battling model? Like I can understand it for XY since they had ALL the Pokemon models to mold, but what's their excuse for ORAS? At least in ORAS Steven is getting a 3D battling model.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Aquacorde Town. It really annoys me.

Why? Well, it's very pretty, has great music, is atmospheric as heck, is situated neatly at the bank of a river which reflects the image of the trees and the lovely bridge, and it even has a street café, but... that's it. The city is completely devoid of anything to do. You can buy a whooping two items there, in different shops, even, and your adventure starts there. But that's all. It's a beautiful place that GameFreak somehow decided to abandon completely after the first five minutes of the story. It could have had, say, a riverboat service to Camphrier Town. It could have had a shop selling special items postgame, or access to some special area, so you at least had some reason to return to it. But no, this city with great potential is designed to be left behind the minute you get your first Pokémon, and you have absolutely no reason to return there, unless you beat the Elite Four without bringing a Pokémon with Fly. Even then, you only run through the town without stopping, since there isn't even a PC there.

I'd really like a reason to revisit this pretty little town, but no. There's nothing to do there, apart from taking a picture and laughing at how silly the shops are. I really hope something is done with it in the inevitable Kalos Revisit game.

New Annoyance:

Does anyone find it annoying that the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion didn't get a 3D battling model? Like I can understand it for XY since they had ALL the Pokemon models to mold, but what's their excuse for ORAS? At least in ORAS Steven is getting a 3D battling model.
I was annoyed with it in X/Y. I'll still be annoyed by it in OR/AS. I could care less about the Team Flare grunts, or the Team Flare admins, or the scientist ladies you face twice absolute maximum, or Xerosic for that matter. The budget for their models should have gone to the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four and Diantha.

Aquacorde Town. It really annoys me.

Why? Well, it's very pretty, has great music, is atmospheric as heck, is situated neatly at the bank of a river which reflects the image of the trees and the lovely bridge, and it even has a street café, but... that's it. The city is completely devoid of anything to do. You can buy a whooping two items there, in different shops, even, and your adventure starts there. But that's all. It's a beautiful place that GameFreak somehow decided to abandon completely after the first five minutes of the story. It could have had, say, a riverboat service to Camphrier Town. It could have had a shop selling special items postgame, or access to some special area, so you at least had some reason to return to it. But no, this city with great potential is designed to be left behind the minute you get your first Pokémon, and you have absolutely no reason to return there, unless you beat the Elite Four without bringing a Pokémon with Fly. Even then, you only run through the town without stopping, since there isn't even a PC there.

I'd really like a reason to revisit this pretty little town, but no. There's nothing to do there, apart from taking a picture and laughing at how silly the shops are. I really hope something is done with it in the inevitable Kalos Revisit game.
Vaniville Town and Aquacorde Town should have been one town, in my opinion. At least then I'd have a little more reason to stop by...

To also add onto the Aquacorde Town thing, Route 1 has awesome theme music. It looks pretty neat. You have very little reason to ever go to it more than 2 times. A complete waste of time.

But for the sake of peace:

I hate the fact that there was next to nothing to do on the ORAS demo. Just battle a few random grunts and ... that's all.

So much hype and so little joy... :(
It is a demo, what did you expect. All it is meant to do is show you the basics, but since it is Pokemon, nothing really has changed in that department. And I like that we can transfer our items and Glalie over to ORAS once it comes out.

Inver

In order to get the evolutionary stones (which the stone emporium notably lacks), you have to get at least seven supereffective attacks on his three pokemon. Which means you have to be careful not to OHKO or 2HKO his pokemon, despite the fact that you need to use supereffective moves on him.

Also, if you take 10 turns to finish him off, he says he's "No match for you". Odd, you'd think he say that about a person who managed to finish him in three.

Inver

In order to get the evolutionary stones (which the stone emporium notably lacks), you have to get at least seven supereffective attacks on his three pokemon. Which means you have to be careful not to OHKO or 2HKO his pokemon, despite the fact that you need to use supereffective moves on him.

Also, if you take 10 turns to finish him off, he says he's "No match for you". Odd, you'd think he say that about a person who managed to finish him in three.
You can also get them with Super Training. Regardless, there should be a more convenient way...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
To also add onto the Aquacorde Town thing, Route 1 has awesome theme music. It looks pretty neat. You have very little reason to ever go to it more than 2 times. A complete waste of time.
There was a Route 1? Where? Oh, you mean that short straight path that's at most a dozen steps long with no grass?

LAMEST. FIRST. ROUTE. EVER.

Sure, the first route is suppose to be a simple route and honestly you have no reason to ever go back to it in any game once you caught all the low level com mons there, but it's still the first route of the game thus there should be something there! Or at least make it special going out into it, like how in BW you and your rivals all took their first step onto Route 1 together. Or how in DPP and RSE that's where you picked your starter and soon after that you were able to go further as you can go into the "grass barrier". But in XY? Just a short path.

Inver

Inver just annoys me generally. Not because I don't like him, I do, and that what annoys me. He has a special way of battling that COMPLETELY changes how you battle (you wouldn't think so, but thinking backwards is a lot harder to do), yet he's just a random trainer on a route. Meanwhile it's the Sky Trainers that go advertised but you can only battle them once (so once you battled all of them, there's no more Sky Battles in the game) and really there rules just limit the Pokemon and moves you can use, not change anything.

However it looks like Inver might be getting some more impotence in ORAS as he has a special class call "Proprietor", making it sound like he might run a, for lack of a better words, Battle Facility now. Which would be AWESOME!

There was a Route 1? Where? Oh, you mean that short straight path that's at most a dozen steps long with no grass?

LAMEST. FIRST. ROUTE. EVER.

Sure, the first route is suppose to be a simple route and honestly you have no reason to ever go back to it in any game once you caught all the low level com mons there, but it's still the first route of the game thus there should be something there! Or at least make it special going out into it, like how in BW you and your rivals all took their first step onto Route 1 together. Or how in DPP and RSE that's where you picked your starter and soon after that you were able to go further as you can go into the "grass barrier". But in XY? Just a short path.

Inver just annoys me generally. Not because I don't like him, I do, and that what annoys me. He has a special way of battling that COMPLETELY changes how you battle (you wouldn't think so, but thinking backwards is a lot harder to do), yet he's just a random trainer on a route. Meanwhile it's the Sky Trainers that go advertised but you can only battle them once (so once you battled all of them, there's no more Sky Battles in the game) and really there rules just limit the Pokemon and moves you can use, not change anything.

However it looks like Inver might be getting some more importance in ORAS as he has a special class call "Proprietor", making it sound like he might run a, for lack of a better words, Battle Facility now. Which would be AWESOME!
I've admittedly never done an inverse battle before, but that would be a cool alternative to something like the Battle Palace... not that there's definite proof any save the Battle Tower are returning as of yet.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Diantha didn't help at all during the story. She's worse than Wallace.
Wallace at least takes you to Sky Pillar and unlocks its door for you in Emerald (he also has the excuse of being worried about Sootopolis so that's why he as you go up there alone) and is there watching the events take place. Diantha is pretty much a no show Champion. I know people give the Gen V Champions a lot of flack (though I personally like Alder's character, Iris is alright though it kind of felt they made her Champion just to have that twist in. Honestly I'd rather have seen Marshel become Champion being he's Alder's disciple and would make more sense as he showed in BW the wanting of more power), but at least they were some involved with the story (well, at least in BW, in B2W2 they were kind of a no show). However Diantha's only involvement in the story was that Lysandre tried recruiting her while giving vague messages (gee, I wonder why she turned you down after sounding like a lunatic) and one last time in Coumarine City talking about bonds.

I'm kind of hoping they start making the Champions interesting again. To me Iris and Diantha kind of fell flat (and some would add Alder to that least, though once again I like Alder so I include him with the interesting Champions like Lance, Steven, Wallace (sorta), and Cynthia).

Wallace at least takes you to Sky Pillar and unlocks its door for you in Emerald (he also has the excuse of being worried about Sootopolis so that's why he as you go up there alone) and is there watching the events take place. Diantha is pretty much a no show Champion. I know people give the Gen V Champions a lot of flack (though I personally like Alder's character, Iris is alright though it kind of felt they made her Champion just to have that twist in. Honestly I'd rather have seen Marshel become Champion being he's Alder's disciple and would make more sense as he showed in BW the wanting of more power), but at least they were some involved with the story (well, at least in BW, in B2W2 they were kind of a no show). However Diantha's only involvement in the story was that Lysandre tried recruiting her while giving vague messages (gee, I wonder why she turned you down after sounding like a lunatic) and one last time in Coumarine City talking about bonds.

I'm kind of hoping they start making the Champions interesting again. To me Iris and Diantha kind of fell flat (and some would add Alder to that least, though once again I like Alder so I include him with the interesting Champions like Lance, Steven, Wallace (sorta), and Cynthia).
Steven at least looks INCREDIBLY involved in ORAS, even moreso than in Emerald.

For a change, they could make the BW main character the champ and then he gives us reshiram/zekrom

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Steven at least looks INCREDIBLY involved in ORAS, even moreso than in Emerald.
Steven was involved in all the Gen III Hoenn games. Though you are right he looks way more involved now, actually looking like he's going up against Team Aqua/Magma actively. Meanwhile Diantha is off making a movie or something while your character is saving the world (let's also not forget that that for the most part the Champions who were involved in the story were going around and investigating to know what the villain teams were fully planning. Meanwhile, Diantha (and the rest of Unova) were literally called by Lysandre who told them he was going to do something evil... yet you don't see her until the end of the game. THE VILLAINS CALLED YOU!).

Steven was involved in all the Gen III Hoenn games. Though you are right he looks way more involved now, actually looking like he's going up against Team Aqua/Magma actively. Meanwhile Diantha is off making a movie or something while your character is saving the world (let's also not forget that that for the most part the Champions who were involved in the story were going around and investigating to know what the villain teams were fully planning. Meanwhile, Diantha (and the rest of Unova) were literally called by Lysandre who told them he was going to do something evil... yet you don't see her until the end of the game. THE VILLAINS CALLED YOU!).
Well, Steven was a little more involved in Emerald than RS iirc, but it's incredible that they've involving him even more when they couldn't be bothered to do anything more than the new champion than give her a little chit-chat with Lysandre

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Well, Steven was a little more involved in Emerald than RS iirc, but it's incredible that they've involving him even more when they couldn't be bothered to do anything more than the new champion than give her a little chit-chat with Lysandre
Yep, going through Bulbapedia he does has some more involvement in Emerald (he has that added part in Mossdeep City where you tag battle with him in the Space Center, something which didn't happen in RS).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 11)