BW OU Foetus In The Desert [BW OU]

:tyranitar::skarmory::latias::reuniclus::gastrodon::heatran:

BW OU is one of my favourite tier since i joined smogon and started to improve myself for competition, i hadn't planned to make an rmt but i noticed that ppl are starting to steal it.
I built this team for my Smogon Tour playoffs game against Bloo which i won, and i also used this team during smogon tour 18 week 5 which i won.

I always wanted to build around Reuniclus since a longtime because it's just too good in current metagame especially against sand balanced which are very common, but also because it has a decent bulk making it as a check/counter for terrakion/ferrothorn/Skarmory and as a really good sweeper with calm mind.
But fact is that most of time, build around reuni mean to use thing like Gengar Will-o-Wisp or something like that, thats why i opted for Latias Thunder Wave because it's more discreet than Gengar so i can lure my opponent more easily. Indeed Latias can twave Tyranitar/Scizor preventing them from outspeed reuniclus and kill it, and can twave Jirachi which cant spamm iron head flinch + para because most of time it will get para'd too (logic).
Then i choose to use Dual Hazard in case of latias's work would have not paid.

Thats why this team is probably one of my best BW team in addition to win against any match up.
I invite CTC to not masturbate himself on my RMT thx.

------------------------------------

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Atk / 104 SpD ==> EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature ==> Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

First i had to chose my weather inducer, i choose sand because Rain/Sun are making some threat stronger like keldeo/heatran which can be annoying for reuniclus. Then i opted for Tyranitar instead of Hippowdon because i wanted something that can Trapp/Check Gothitelle/Gengar/Reuniclus which are really annoying for balanced Sand.
I don't think you need more explanation about my set, this is classic maybe except 156 Ev atk, indeed with that i can safely 2HKO reuniclus with crunch (No Ev cant do it with leftovers recovery). Stone edge instead of fire blast because i don't need to lure ferrothorn/forretress/skarmory since they are all setup bait for reuniclus and also because stone edge offer me a good answer against kyurem-b.
Tyranitar is also a good weapon against Tios/Tias choice which can trick reuniclus and make it useless.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 60 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

As i said before i needed dual hazard if latias failed, but why i didnt use roserade or forretress ? Thats simple i wanted something can use spikes + heal so forretress couldnt be good, but i also wanted something that can come on reuniclus's check so skarmory was definitly better here. Then Skarmory has whirlwind which can be a very good combo with Entry hazard up. Im using Rocky helmet instead of Leftovers because most of time reuni will attract jira/scizor which are systematically using uturn or body slam, so with rocky helmet i can still hit/weaken them.
20 ev speed is for Scizor SD (they usually run enough to outspeed skarm) because it can be very dangerous if my main check (Heatran) got fucked earlier and my opponent keep Scizor as last then set up, with these Evs i can outspeed it and start to pp wast roost or i can just force him to attack then 2HKO him with brave bird + rocky helmet damage.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover

Latias is definitly one of the best pokemon in my team, indeed because she's the one that gives reuniclus the opportunity to clean.
When i choose to use Thunderwave i got 2 options, i could play offensive version or defensive version (with reflect type n shit). I obviously choose the offensive one because i wanted to keep pressure against offense and sun but also because i could play surf which is very useful against double steel team, Exemple : If my opponent brought Heatran + Scizor he will systematically send Heatran over Scizor because Hp fire is more common than surf and so i can't twave Scizor, while with surf i can force my opponent to send scizor then thunderwave it in ass. I opted for leftovers instead of life orb because im already using sand which is not good for my staying power.
164 Ev Spa can safely 3HKO specially defensive Heatran with Surf and makes draco meteor stronger.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

The based foetus, no one can beat it when it get on fire, Reuniclus bulky CM is probably one the best anti-metagame in BW, indeed it has many setup bait like Terrakion/foretress/starmie defensive/Ferrothorn/Skarmory/Toxicroak and can get a free calm mind easily. Im using psyshock instead of psychic because i can hit chansey more easily and i can also win war against CM Jirachi/Reuniclus/Latias. 8 Ev speed only to outspeed other cm Reuniclus which usually run 4 ev. As i said before reuniclus is just really good in the current metagame, i actually won a couple of game with that and i think in my opinion that he's probably the best partner a balanced sand may have.
Im definitly making Reuniclus as the main Guadeloupe's emblem before Tropius !

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Then i noticed that my team had big issue against Rotom + Ttar because Rotom could scoot Latias with volt switch then send Tyranitar to trapp it. And i also wanted something that can check Jirachi CM and rain, so i opted for gastrodon.
Im using scald instead of ice beam because i can burn mew and also because Dragonite/Loom are not really dangerous for my team (I can still burn loom with scald btw).
Gastrodon is a really good partner for my team and offer a synergy with Skarm which is useful against thing like Heatran/Rotom/Tyranitar Fireblast ....

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 148 HP / 164 SpA / 196 Spe ==> EVs: 136 HP / 176 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Finally i choose Heatran scarf, indeed heatran has a good place in my team because i needed something against dragmag like that i can outspeed or revenge kill thing like Salamence/Dragonite by taking one outrage then kill them with Hidden power Ice, but also because i wanted something against Volcarona which is very annoying for my team if Ttar has weakned, and with Heatran i also got more solidity against Sun teams.
This is classic set except toxic, isnt toxic weird on a choice scarf user ? No, and i think that it's totally viable because with toxic i can win against bulky Volcarona roost by using toxic then rotate with my mons but i can also win against Sub CM Latias if i sacced Tyranitar earlier game, then with toxic i can still lure thing like jellicent/politoed/gastro/rotom and take advantage. 196 speed timid is enough to outspeed +1 Adamant Dragonite, 164 Spa is enough to OHKO Garchomp with Hidden power ice/ Dragonite (after Stealth rock) and also to OHKO Ferrothorn under Rain with OverHeat (Not safely)

------------------------------------
Yeah it is the end of my rmt, i hope that all of you appreciated it.
And also we all know about my bad english so please try to not harass me about that when you will post (if i even made fault). :D

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 60 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 136 HP / 176 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Stoutouts to :
McMeghan boudouche Twin Citiez Hot N Cold Reymedy dadoux Luckstard. Deckline Vinc2612 Alf Cristal Masterclass Destiny Device Wiz T7 Haunter Bloo Emeral Korby Unamed Zenadark dfmetal Eaarth' Akola Meridian Cicada Mustounet Yong'seun Dallaren Drugs Halcyon. IAmGingy Lady Bug xtra$hine Ojama El-Soldier Rockhp Shoka Chirac gr8astard Valentine Pyrogon tennisace Biosci Thatsjustpeachy TV-Rocka M Dragon ium Goddess Briyella Yagura Funkasaurus Plus Lord Ninjax Lyconik Laurel ModestGarchomp Jsaok3
Audiosurfer badabing Nova tml Felony Maomiraeniya Adyctif Myogui Mix PoweredByRevenge davidTheMaster majaspic22 PDC tab dice Danilo Heist Steeljackal<3 H-C Srn Wettin

Sry if i forgot you, just tell me if u want to be tagged here ;)

Last edited:
Volcarona
Volcarona is def my main problem when it has hp ground + bug buzz (BW1 Version)
I cant rlly deal with it if tyranitar/Gastrodon are weakned.

Gothitelle
Gothitelle can be very dangerous if nicely played since it can trick Reuniclus or trapp Skarm/Gastrodon.

Dragonite
Dragon dance set can put some pressure on my team since im forced to lock it on outrage then send Heatran.

Terrakion
Im talking about SD Rock gem, i know that it's rlly rare but it can still sweep most of my team here and OHKO reuni with stone edge +2.

Hydreigon
Even if he's rare too, he's very dangerous for my team since i don't really get a safe switch in against him especially if my opponent is using sub version with dark pulse which can set up on Gastro/tran locked or skarm if weakned.

Gengar
Sub wow can be annoying for the team because it can just burn my ttar/skarm and it can also kill tran with focus blast.

Last edited:
Really great team, i've seen recently a lot of sand teams following similar formula.

Not gonna rate because i'm not bw expert, but just want to answer what the spdef evs on skarm does. Also is there a reason why are you running sassy on tar when u don't have speacial attacks?

Nice work!

Really great team, i've seen recently a lot of sand teams following similar formula.

Not gonna rate because i'm not bw expert, but just want to answer what the spdef evs on skarm does. Also is there a reason why are you running sassy on tar when u don't have speacial attacks?

Nice work!
thx

Indeed ahah i had fire blast and i just forgot to change it.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Really good team Leftiez, love it. Reuniclus is definitly a threat in the tier to be reckoned with, and I especially liked how you didn't go with the usual build around Reuniclus (WoW Gengar, Rocky Helmet Chomp/Ferro). I've been liking Scarf Heatran a ton too and it's a great fit in your team.

Now, there are some things that trigger my EV-autism with your team that I'd like to bring up.

Why is Tyranitar Sassy? I assume you had Fire Blast or Ice Beam at some point and you forgot to change the nature? Whatever the reason, you should go back to Careful as soon as possible! You're also wasting EVs by going with a +SpDef nature when you use so much Attack. That being said, here is a better spread for your Tyranitar: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SDef, Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk). You'll have the same Attack with 5 more points in Special Defense. Alternativly, you can run 88 EVs in Attack to always get the 2KO on Max/Max+ Reuniclus with Crunch, Leftovers included. This spread 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 SDef, Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) would achieve such a fit while giving you almost the same Special bulk as of now.

Also, your Heatran cant OHKO Garchomp since it's Timid, but if you run 176 EVs in Sp.Atk, you can OHKO it with HP Ice after one round of SR damage. I'd also add 4 EVs in Speed to outspeed ScarfToed (assuming you run a 31 IV in Speed with HP Ice).

toupip

Really good team Leftiez, love it. Reuniclus is definitly a force in the tier to be reckoned with, and I especially liked how you didn't go with the usual build around Reuniclus (WoW Gengar, Rocky Helmet Chomp/Ferro). I've been liking Scarf Heatran a ton too and it's a great fit in your team.

Now, there are some things that trigger my EV-autism with your team that I'd like to bring up.

Why is Tyranitar Sassy? I assume you had Fire Blast or Ice Beam at some point and you forgot to change the nature? Whatever the reason, you should go back to Careful as soon as possible! You're also wasting EVs by going with a +SpDef nature when you use so much Attack. That being said, here is a better spread for your Tyranitar: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SDef, Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk). You'll have the same Attack with 5 more points in Special Defense. Alternativly, you can run 88 EVs in Attack to always get the 2KO on Max/Max+ Reuniclus with Crunch, Leftovers included. This spread 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 SDef, Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) would achieve such a fit while giving you almost the same Special bulk as of now.

Also, your Heatran cant OHKO Garchomp since it's Timid, but if you run 176 EVs in Sp.Atk, you can OHKO it with HP Ice after one round of SR damage.

toupip
You're totally right, i love bananas and i always got problem with Ev, i guess your spread is probably the best i can use from now for my team. About Heatran i'll also take your advice since anyways i've free Ev (Hp).
Thx u BigFrite :toast:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)