Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
WARNING
LARGE POST INCOMING!
I'll start making more of the shinies when the time comes.
However, Layell, the Groudon doesn't look complete, specifically with the back sprite, the tail is not done and the designs need be edited a little bit. Unless you were just testing the colors, then I suggest that the eye color should be a darker shade of yellow so that it doesn't become black.
also for Shiny Primal kyogre, it seems that it all looks it would work well sorta... Light blue outlines become yellow. But that might interfere with some of the highlights on normal primal as it's blue on blue.
I will also like to note these guys:
They may mess with our pallets. Most notably Audino and Sceptile as they have huge color changes. And yeah you guys were right, Audino does have some funky colors with eyes turning yellow and anything else turning gray. Mega Latios gets Blue eyes. Not sure about Sableye, seems tricky but do-able. Salamence is self explanatory, I think Rayquaza is self explanatory.
As for Mega Hoopa...
What enen is this thing... I find this fake, but whatever PokeBeach/ProjectPokemon found in the demo it's most likly in the full game. Is this do-able? Hell this looks more like an evolution and not a Mega (I heard it has a BST gain of 80 and not 100). So for all we know this could be a totally different Pokemon and not a Mega or Form or an Evolution.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know about the eyes, screw them. I can think of a few shiny details in other sprites that small that get lost. Tail I know too, I'm changing that up once I get refs I need.

Hoopa is real, bond and kaphotics don't lie.

WHOMEVER MADE KYOGRE PRIMAL BACK LARGER THAN 96 x 96 IS DEAD TO ME

Also I'm sending in an ORAS update to PS yayyy

Last edited:
I know that a couple of people have stated they wanted to take a shot at Mega Steelix, but I just wanted to throw out what I had made myself:

He's lacking those mystical steel plates that float around his body, but I wanted to get the core done before I started plastering gray specks everywhere. It took me forever to try and see what exactly was going on with his face and where I should arrange everything. I think I've got a pretty solid start on it.

Also, in regards to Mega Altaria edits, I'll get to it eventually; I've just honestly been lazy. I have ideas on what to edit with it, though.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I know about the eyes, screw them. I can think of a few shiny details in other sprites that small that get lost. Tail I know too, I'm changing that up once I get refs I need.

Hoopa is real, bond and kaphotics don't lie.

WHOMEVER MADE KYOGRE PRIMAL BACK LARGER THAN 96 x 96 IS DEAD TO ME

Also I'm sending in an ORAS update to PS yayyy
I might have made kyorge too big when I made it, if it is my fault I apologize. Also hooray on sending them to showdown!
I know that a couple of people have stated they wanted to take a shot at Mega Steelix, but I just wanted to throw out what I had made myself:

He's lacking those mystical steel plates that float around his body, but I wanted to get the core done before I started plastering gray specks everywhere. It took me forever to try and see what exactly was going on with his face and where I should arrange everything. I think I've got a pretty solid start on it.

Also, in regards to Mega Altaria edits, I'll get to it eventually; I've just honestly been lazy. I have ideas on what to edit with it, though.
Looks like the colors would be over the limit, face should have a lot of of work added to it though, love that body though. Maybe use a different head or create one from scratch?

Steelix-Mega.png
This is what I could do in the 2 hours I was working on it,(and I did use the BW Steelix sprite) I've just started on the face thing that he gets, I will try to finish it tomorrow

Obligatory M-Glalie sprite from the dude with the Glalie avatar.

At first I tried to use the original sprite as a base, but the bowed-down angle didn't look good with M-Glalie's mouth, so I based it off on the artwork.
I also don't have a clear reference showing what the back looks like so that will have to wait.

i made this Mega steelix sprite
View attachment 28167
Isn't that leparagon's, though?

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
i made this Mega steelix sprite
View attachment 28167
yeah this is leparagon's. I looked up his name and found his sprite under it . In fact the sprite was the first thing that came up.

ThatGuyYouKnow, you have a wonderful sprite, it looks huge compared to everything else though. I do like how you make the head, specifically the fins on chin. Perhaps we could use Cynical's sprite but you can edit it to fix what needs to be done?
BTW, make sure when you send edits, press the edit button on the bottom right corner instead of making a full new post.

Edit: stream time.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
ANOTHER HUGE POST GET READY

Did anyone order some more shinies?
upload_2014-10-17_21-12-8.png
oooh boy so much. this was basically just to see what they could possibly be in shiny form. I think it worked out well although I had to work with Slowbro several time to make it work. Camerupt I don't know how to fix this. But just a few color errors happened when I did him. altairia, pretty much the same, swampert the same. Sharpedo was a goofy one so many weird colored areas. I like how I recolored sableye and it looks nice, looks really bright though. I plan to make more edits to see how they could work out but not right now.
upload_2014-10-17_21-20-16.png
here have some fixed groudons with color and new edited backsprite.
upload_2014-10-17_21-21-10.png
upload_2014-10-17_21-22-13.png
and some new kyogre sprites. new lights more fluid on the front. back sprite was fixed to fit in 96x96, if it still doesn't message me. I did test to see how the shiny would work for him, we need to fix the blue colors in order to do it., or make them gray on the top.

I think this is about it for this update so yeah.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good stuff from both ThatGuy and Brylark, I'll take a look at the shinies at a later time TS as I just want to get the essentials updated and work on some other stuff. Your wording made it sound like they aren't palette swaps and atm I am too blergh to check this, plus they aren't individual files and transparent and I am lazy sometimes.

Maybe a bit more "red"?

BTW, I'm new in this forum. I'm a Gen. IV hacker, and I have a hack since 2012. It's a shame you don't make DPPt/HGSS-styled sprites, they're very nice!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Good stuff from both ThatGuy and Brylark, I'll take a look at the shinies at a later time TS as I just want to get the essentials updated and work on some other stuff. Your wording made it sound like they aren't palette swaps and atm I am too blergh to check this, plus they aren't individual files and transparent and I am lazy sometimes.
Yeah I was really lazy when uploading and just decided to make them all one file. I don't normally make them transparent until the sprite is finished. Which not really any of the ORAS sprites are. if you want to be separate I will do it on my own time. But not now, cause I'm just as lazy. and yes ther are color swaps, but a big of trouble with Camerupt (who isn't done with the color it seems) and the original slowbro has some weird color problems with it's shading, I fixed that in this picture and will post an update for fixing the main sprite later.

Maybe a bit more "red"?

BTW, I'm new in this forum. I'm a Gen. IV hacker, and I have a hack since 2012. It's a shame you don't make DPPt/HGSS-styled sprites, they're very nice!
Primal Groudon should actually be darker than normal groudon. your sprite actually hurts my eyes it's so bright. We use BW sprites as they are more detailed, more colors I think and more high res overall. We do use some DPPtHGSS as bases however like Kangaskhan and Pidgeot. I still plan to fix those colors on Groudon's underside, but it's fine for now.

View attachment 28404 ------> View attachment 28402 --------> View attachment 28403

the gnomowladny's sprite lacks a lot of detail plus it doesnt look that good compared to mine
Even then, in terms of scale it's WAY too large compared to most other sprites. Mega Beedrill is only 4'07" in height, translating to 140 cm. It's not a four-meter behemoth like Palkia, hence why the sprite should be a lot smaller in comparison.
Sure, your sprite looks good quality-wise, but you should try to adjust the size compared to Pokémon of its own size. Besides, even small sprites can be made to look detailed; that's the art of spriting.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Behold the sprite people wouldn't believe is a palette swap, and in the colour limit.

This would have been done faster until I realized the eyes also needed to change colours.

EDIT: I have Mega Beedrill edits in the works, will still take quite some time though.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Behold the sprite people wouldn't believe is a palette swap, and in the colour limit.

This would have been done faster until I realized the eyes also needed to change colours.
Oooh it looks so nice. Sceptile always looks nice though <3
I'll fix up some more shinies later today and try to fix those regular sprites of Slowbro and Camerupt. And this time I'll make them do seperate files this time. :)

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Fixed:
upload_2014-10-22_20-10-55.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-11-36.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-11-12.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-13-35.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-12-43.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-14-21.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-15-11.png
These guys made into separate files. Keep in mind that they still won't turn into transparent files for some reason.
Edited:
upload_2014-10-22_20-26-46.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-27-10.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-28-40.png
upload_2014-10-22_20-27-45.png
upload_2014-10-22_21-8-30.png
upload_2014-10-22_21-12-27.png
upload_2014-10-22_21-9-16.png
upload_2014-10-22_21-9-49.png
Colors fixed and turned into shinies. I tried counting the colors on Camerupt, but not sure if it's 16 or 15. If it's 16 don't fret to message me back.

Edit: Mewtwo confirmed for Smash, time to celebrate not having a Wii U

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Yeah sorry that I didn't fully explained what I did xP
I fixed color problems, such as slowbro's shading and lightning on camerupt's rocks. There was also a stray pixel that was miss colored on the back of slowbro's head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)