Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 43 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gc and pokemon xd i bought but never played. Is there any value in anything i can get from this, or since they aren't xy or newer they can't be used online with oras anyway?​
There's a lot of value in the Tri Attack Togepi you can get from there.

There's exclusive ball and egg moves combinations, exclusive moves, tutor moves, and the like. But I'll turn it into a giveaway, so it isn't like you'll be losing anything by voting for a pokemon.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I have a gc and pokemon xd i bought but never played. Is there any value in anything i can get from this, or since they aren't xy or newer they can't be used online with oras anyway?​
There's a couple of unique things from XD that are worth getting.

Zapdos gets Extra Sensory, Baton Pass, and Metal Sound, all three of which are pretty cool.

Poochyena gets Heal Bell, which I guess is cool

Duskull gets Helping Hand, which had a niche in Gen V VGC as a TR supporter. Probably not worth it anymore because Aegislash, but still is an option.

Mawile gets Sing, which could be cool on devensive sets.

Both Lunatone and Solrock get Baton Pass, which is actually neat in low tier matches (plus since they're gender-less, you get ones with cool balls)

Togepi gets Tri Attack, which is neat in throwback matches (it doesn't get STAB anymore in Gen VI)

Beedrill gets Baton Pass, which might be fun now that Mega Beedrill is a thing

Electabuzz gets Follow Me, which is fun in doubles because of Motor Drive

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Might've missed a few though.

Edit: Scratch Togepi; I forgot about wifi being dead for DS games. -.-

Guess it's still an option, but eh.

Last edited:

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Dragon Dance Refresh Salamence in a Great Ball pls.

There are some useful 'mons that can be caught there, the most relevant ones for today's competitive metas IMO are Baton Pass/Extrasensory/Metal Sound Zapdos, Heal Bell/Haze/Extrasensory Articuno, Psycho Boost/FeatherDance Lugia, the Helping Hand Ghosts (Sableye, Duskull, Banette), Helping Hand/Tri Attack Togepi, nearly anything that learns Baton Pass (Solrock, Lunatone, Dodrio, Beedrill, Swellow and lolFarfetch'd), Follow Me 'mons (Magmar and Electabuzz) and a cool Refresh Salamence (If you're as crazy as me)... and nothing else I can remember atm.

Does anyone have a female Heavy Ball Shellder? Skill Link would be preferred, but I can always breed for it. IVs are unimportant; just need a spitback

Edit: Also, if I get a non-redis Poke from you, what would you think if I traded it (the mon, not a clone) to my brother, who I know for a fact doesn't use wi-fi at all when it comes to Pokemon and would just use it for in-game things? Personally I'd be pretty okay with it (this is a situation a trader has presented to me before), but idk what you guys think.
I definitely would not be ok with it. I wouldn't want a pokemon that I spent hours SR'ing that was not redis by the person I traded it to and then find it being traded months later on here or other forums by that person's friend or sibling

Edit: Also, if I get a non-redis Poke from you, what would you think if I traded it (the mon, not a clone) to my brother, who I know for a fact doesn't use wi-fi at all when it comes to Pokemon and would just use it for in-game things? Personally I'd be pretty okay with it (this is a situation a trader has presented to me before), but idk what you guys think.
When I say non-redis, that means non-redis. I have a great deal of trust in this community but if people suddenly started trading my mons when I specifically told them not to do so, I would probably stop trading.

I am looking for any Sableye with Recover egg move. I can trade the following pokemon for one.

- Perfect 5IV Modest Seismitoad with Earth Power Egg Move in Dive Ball - Battle Ready
- Perfect 5IV Jolly Toxicroak with Dry Skin and Drain Punch Egg Move in Dive Ball - Battle Ready
- Perfect 5IV Quiet Politoed with Drizzle in Dive Ball - Battle Ready

I am looking for any Sableye with Recover egg move. I can trade the following pokemon for one.

- Perfect 5IV Modest Seismitoad with Earth Power Egg Move in Dive Ball - Battle Ready
- Perfect 5IV Jolly Toxicroak with Dry Skin and Drain Punch Egg Move in Dive Ball - Battle Ready
- Perfect 5IV Quiet Politoed with Drizzle in Dive Ball - Battle Ready
I just bred some the other day. It's Impish Prankster 31/31/31/XX/31/31 with Recover. VM me your FC and we can trade.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Echoing what others have said above. The existence of redistribution rights is what makes Smogon WiFi such a (mostly) safe and enjoyable place to trade. If you wanted to do this with someone's Pokémon, you would need to ask the original owner very explicitly if it was ok with them.

If this were one of my Pokémon that you wanted to trade to your brother, I might allow it, depending on what it was that you were asking for. HOWEVER, I would require that you trade something else for an additional copy from me. You would not be allowed to clone it yourself.

Can somebody who knows about GameFAQs help me get an egg hatched, please? Also looking for HA Nest Ball Carvanha, and someone to clone two of my shiny Scatterbugs (Savanna and High Plains).

This is more like a case-specific scenario. Personally, I wouldn't mind it if you traded my non-redis stuff to people that will clearly never set foot here or very, very casual players. However, that's just me. Other people here seem to mind this a lot more and don't want to see their beautiful breeds/RNG's reappearing somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)