XY OU My first attempt of a competitive team.

- The Team:

-Introduction:
This is my first attempt to create a XY OU team. This doesn't have a theme or something like that, I only say that this is, basically, a balanced OU team, but I also think that it is a Offensive OU team. Originally, this team belonged to my sister, however, she gave it to me because she made a better team, then I made a few changes, changed some pokemons... In the end, this team was created. I won't post her original team because I don't wanna make her angry xD

With the introduction end, I'll explain the roles of every member of the team.

- Descriptions of the Members:

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

The head, and the Mega, of the team. His role is simple: Sweep. With one or two calm mind this Pokemon can destroy anything in front of him. Psyshock is my STAB move, is here to deal with the Special Walls like Chansey, Shadow Ball is here to deal with others Walls that Psyshock won't hit, just like Cresselia. Also, can hit very hard against Pokemon like Gardevoir and Jellicent. Focus Blast to hit Steel-Typo Pokemon with great force.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

In most cases this Pokemon is the lead of my Team. The sash is to resist one hit before setting the Spore, then I can predict the change and change to another Pokemon. Bullet Seed is here to deal with Pokemon like Quagsire, also is one of the STAB of this set, who without Breloom, could stop all my team. Rock Tomb is to hit x4 to Pokemon like Talonflame, or to any Flying Pokemon in the change. Mach Punch is here for priority, and also for STAB, nothing too special. All these moves are boosted by the Technician, so they can hit very hard in the right moment.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ancient Power

Heatran is, in theory, my Special Wall, specially against Fairies or another Steel-type Pokemon. Lava Plume is here for STAB, it can make good damage to much Pokemon and if the Burn appears, can give me a little advantage. Roar is here to stop Pokemon like Talonflame to set himself with the SD or another boost move. Stealth Rock to have a entry hazzard in the team and Ancient Power is here to hit Flying-type Pokemon very hard.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

I don't know the exact role of this Pokemon. But I'm gonna say that is the Water and Fairy power that the team needs. Aqua Jet for STAB and priority, Waterfall and Play Rough for STAB too. Knock Off is here to hit any Pokemon in the switch, only if that Pokemon can resist any of the three STABs of this Pokemon. The EV points are invested in order to improve the defenses of the Pokemon and increase it's defensive power, that's because an attack like Earthquake can deal him a lot of damage (30-40%), but with the spread I can resist these attack easily.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

Most of the team have one, and this is not an exception. Salamence is my choice of a Dragon. Maybe he doesn't have much bulk like Dragonite, however, his power can be destructive is he boost himself with one or two Dragon Dances. Dragon Claw is here because the Outrage is a dangerous election of attack for all the fairies that are out there, this attack have STAB and can OHKO most of the Dragons is he have, at least, used dd once. Aerial Ace, I use this attack to hit Fighting-type Pokemon with great force, also for STAB and to deal with Mega-Venusaur that can stop my entire team if not where for him and Alakazam. Earthquake can hit Electric-type, Steel-type and Fire-type Pokemon very hard, and a lot of others Pokemon life Heatran.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The last, but not least important, member of the team. Thundurus-Therian can offer me a immunity against the electric attacks, and algo a great resistance to Flying-type attacks. Nasty Plot to start boost, with one, he changes into a total beast that can hit anyone and, hopefully, OHKO almost any Pokemon that gets in front of him. Any Pokemon that resist a hit, only does that with very low HP. Thunderbolt for STAB. Focus Blast to hit Pokemon like Chansey, Ferrothorn and Heatran, also Aggron and another Pokemon that can't resist a Fighting-type attack. Hidden Power Ice is here to destroy Pokemon like Dragonite, Salamence and every other Flying and Dragon-type Pokemon.

- Conclusion:
I don't know if I did good descriptions of the members of the Team, but this is my first time making a team and also is my first post here in Smogon. I hope that you let your opinions of the team. I'll be waiting.

I feel like your team would be pretty easy to set up on. I'd look for synergy between your pokemon and make it so you rarely have to switch. For example, salamence is weak to ice, dragon, and rock. After he dies, have a dual steel type ready to come in that can resists all of those types so your opponent has to switch and you can set up again. This was much easier a couple generations ago since there are so many pokemon with such unique dual typings now. And due to it being that tough to figure out well, I recommend having a wall or two on your team. That can handle many different types of attack so you can try and go for a physical and a special that cover them all. Chansey is perfect for the special side. Ferrothorn is pretty good on the other side since you could always just switch to salamence if a fire, ground, or fighting attack is expected.

this seems like an interesting team. it definitely could use some optimization however.
Alakazam- replace calm mind with protect, alakazam is usually too frail to set up, and protect helps zam safely megavolve
breloom- everything is ok
heatran- earth power>flash cannon, lets you hit other heatran and other fire types harder, besides you already have thundy-t for flying type mons
azu- everything is ok, you could theoretically replace knock off for superpwer if you are having trouble with ferrthorn
salamence- run fire blast/fire fang over aerial ace, fire blast/ fang let you hit things like skarm, ferro and sciz and while aa may be stab it's not that useful
thundy-t- replace with thundy-i as thundy-i outclasses t b/c prankster twave and higher speed tier among other things. run whatever set you think fits you best.
i hope i helped, good luck with this team

Thanks! But, I don't wanna change Thundy-t for the inmunity to elec attacks, is more useful and I don't need Thundy-i for the moments... Al the others changes sounds really good, I gonna change some things, thank you guys ;)

Change Azummaril's ability to either of the others thick fat is useless for that set

Edit: Huge Power would be the most helpful.

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Thanks! But, I don't wanna change Thundy-t for the inmunity to elec attacks, is more useful and I don't need Thundy-i for the moments... Al the others changes sounds really good, I gonna change some things, thank you guys ;)
The electric type is not a problem with this team. I actually like this team but hers a few changes make azu huge power for more power. rocky helmet is better than life orb on salamence. other wise great team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)