XY Doubles sup

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I felt like making an RMT for this because it's performed really consistently, but since the goal of posting teams is to get feedback please give me feedback

no nice formatting because whatever

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

I originally built this team because I really wanted to use Garchomp. Considering how overshadowed it is by Landorus-Therian, I had to figure out what it had over the ever-present earth cat, which basically boils down to "it's a fucking dragon." Mega Garchomp has a shit ton of power behind it that Landorus-T lacks, but because it lacks the pivoting ability of Landorus-T it's more vulnerable to both status and Intimidate. Fortunately, Substitute stops both of these things! Sub Mega Garchomp is ridiculously powerful, often becoming a win condition due to its strength alone. Dragon/Ground is great offensive coverage and backed by STAB. The EVs give it the maximum possible power (duh), give it an odd HP number to make one more Substitute, and allow it to outpace neutral base 85s.

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Tailwind

I figured Togekiss was the best possible partner for Garchomp - it could draw away Dragon and status attacks, set up Tailwind, stop Hitmontop, and generally be a good Pokemon. I think I added a ton of speed creep to it after a hard loss to Mega Venusaur, but I can't remember how much (real talk: Mega Venu is rare and not a great meta pick).

I'm honestly convinced Togekiss is the best Pokemon in the metagame right now. It's not particularly powerful or versatile; it does one thing and it does that damn well. Its typing meshes incredibly well with a lot of great Pokemon in the current metagame - resists Fighting for Kangaskhan, immune to Dragon for... Dragons, immune to Ground for free Earthquake switchins, and all the other shit Fairy/Flying does. It has great bulk (these EVs take a +6 Azu Aqua Jet fwiw) and it's not quite a slouch offensively. Also flinches fo dayz

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

I've grown to like Scarf Rotom recently - it's very nice on fast-paced teams like this one to outspeed and immediately remove Lando-T from the game and spread fast Will-o-Wisps if needed. Rotom is unfortunately the team's only Water resist, leading to a somewhat poor Rain matchup, but it's very useful.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Wrecking ball. Sylveon's main purpose is to punch holes in some of the beefy Pokemon in the game and take down some of the more dangerous sweepers. It's great, but a bit annoying to actually wield here -it's not that fast and it lacks power on some occasions. Probably the most replaceable Pokemon on the team. Hyper Voice and Psyshock are probably the two most used moves. Mostly Hyper Voice (SCREAM)

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

LO Hitmontop is a set I use occasionally when I want the utility of Fake Out + Intimidate but don't want the loss of momentum that Hitmontop has a habit of bringing. LO Close Combat hurts a bunch of stuff, and Sucker Punch is really useful for picking things off. Wide Guard is always useful, putting a lid on things like opposing Sylveon and Gardevoir (which are major threats to the team) as well as gimping Landorus-T. There's probably a better EV spread out there though.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Heat Wave
- Focus Blast

I can't quite remember the idea behind special Blaziken, but it's been a great help to the team. Fire/Fighting is an amazing offensive combination, and it's able to turn the entire concept of speed control on its head (two Pokemon immune to Thunder Wave helps here too). Focus Blast demolishes anything weak to it and deals massive damage to things that don't resist (252+ SpA Life Orb Blaziken Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 286-337 (80.1 - 94.3%)). Heat Wave is a nice spread option that torches most Fire-weak Pokemon. Stone Edge is specifically for Charizard Y (and deals a lot more damage than HP Rock). Blaziken complements both Garchomp and Sylveon incredibly well, taking out the Steel-types that resist Hyper Voice and simply being Garchomp's partner in bashing heads in. Speed Boost lets it outrun the things that threaten Garchomp and smack them around.

This team is weak to fairyspam and Trick Room. It also has some problems against Rain, but Speed Boost and Tailwind are helpful against that and other weather strategies. Bulky offense gets shredded unless it has a few specific Pokemon (fuck you Talonflame and Mega Venusaur).

Shoutout to champetero for getting stomped out of a 6-2 against Garchomp and Blaziken

pls help

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know I've already said this to KyleCole personally but I'm procrastinating right now so fuck it

Sash Bisharp is working out a lot better than Sylveon did. I occasionally miss Hyper Voice's sheer damage output but Defiant is sexy and the priority is a huge help.

Currently considering bulky Rotom-W over the current Scarf set and bulky Hitmontop over LO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)