ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so is the secret mission replayable? If so, maybe something happens if you play it enough.
Replayable. Seems it alternates between Aqua and Magma.

Not sure if Mega Steelix will eventually show up as a random mission, but the dialogue gives me hope.

A grunt questions whether or not there really IS a mega-evolving pokemon on that island.

And there's also May saying she'll stay behind and do some research on the pokemon living on that island...which is strange because there are no wild pokemon on it. o.O

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Replayable. Seems it alternates between Aqua and Magma.

Not sure if Mega Steelix will eventually show up as a random mission, but the dialogue gives me hope.

A grunt questions whether or not there really IS a mega-evolving pokemon on that island.

And there's also May saying she'll stay behind and do some research on the pokemon living on that island...which is strange because there are no wild pokemon on it. o.O
That would be a nice surprise if both were available, maybe even make a bit of sense why this is a secret mission.

You get hyper potions....... *facepalm*. I never checked my bag XD.

Well, at least more people are getting the secret mission now, so who wants to SR the secret mission to see if we can get Mega-Steelix from it? ^^

It'd be great, but I really think the M-Steelix being in the demo thing is just wishful thinking, can't see it myself.

You get hyper potions....... *facepalm*. I never checked my bag XD.

Well, at least more people are getting the secret mission now, so who wants to SR the secret mission to see if we can get Mega-Steelix from it? ^^
Problem is, we don't know whether Steven says something different if Steelix shows up. If it actually can, that is.

Having to watch the flying cutscene will be a pain.

Ikr, but if everyone keeps doing it, we'll be sure to find out in about a day if something happens. But I doubt he'll say "Looks like running them off once wasn't enough", it'll be more like running them off twice, or something... Sigh... Couldn't the Dataminers mine something? Or does it not work like that? XD.

This might be a stupid question, brace yourselves.

Do the new weather abilities have the effects of their "weak" counterparts as well? As in, does Primordial Sea's strong rain still boost water moves and make Thunder 100% accurate, or does it ONLY make Fire moves fail and cannot be overwritten?

Related to that: if there was a "weak" weather effect on the field when the Primals switch in, does this effect keep going after they switched out or does switching out a Pokémon with the "strong" weather abilities reset the weather completely?

Do the new weather abilities have the effects of their "weak" counterparts as well? As in, does Primordial Sea's strong rain still boost water moves and make Thunder 100% accurate, or does it ONLY make Fire moves fail and cannot be overwritten?

Related to that: if there was a "weak" weather effect on the field when the Primals switch in, does this effect keep going after they switched out or does switching out a Pokémon with the "strong" weather abilities reset the weather completely?
Yes to the first, no to the second.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

The "Strong" Weathers are an upgraded version of their weather. They do everything that weather does plus the additional effects that came with the upgrades.

"Strong" Weather is a weather effect so replaces the active weather meaning it's no longer active, even if the Pokemon with the ability to summon the "Strong" Weather is brought out of battle (the "Strong" Weather will stop, but there will be no more weather effects active).

Hmmm, I just noticed that some of the Elite Four rematches have Pokemon that have Tutor moves on them such as Glacia's Vanilluxe having Signal Beam and Steven's Carbink having Earth Power..

Very subtle confirmation that we're getting updated B2W2 tutors (even though it was confirmed already, this just gets it something to get even more confirmation).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hey, I just realized this, in the demo we're using the Mega Bracelet, not the Mega Bangle!

Also the trainers in the demo ARE also the trainers from the game. I was battling a Battle Girl and thought I recognized her name. Sure enough, I looked her up and its indeed a Battle Girl from Brawly's Gym. I checked the other's name and they too are from Brawly's Gym.

...In addition on the mission islands you can randomly encounter another scientist, Lisia, male elder from Mt. Pyre, and Aarune (though I haven't met him yet)...
...I've actually encountered one other person on islands while on missions. It's an elderly lady. She says she's one of the four something-a-rathers. When I encounter her again I'll post her exact dialogue...
I encountered her again here's what she says
I am one of the four cardinal sisters. We lead the way for any tourists who get lost in Mauville, Hoenn's greatest city... But now I'm the lost one, wondering how to get back to Mauville City! Keh heh heh heh!
In spite of her quote she's not a lost person during a lost person mission she's just stadning around same as Aarune, Lisia and whoever

Hey, I just realized this, in the demo we're using the Mega Bracelet, not the Mega Bangle!

Also the trainers in the demo ARE also the trainers from the game. I was battling a Battle Girl and thought I recognized her name. Sure enough, I looked her up and its indeed a Battle Girl from Brawly's Gym. I checked the other's name and they too are from Brawly's Gym.
Wasn't the Mega Bangle from the Japanese translation, though? I know Bangles and Bracelets look similar, but it looks more like a Bracelet to me so that's why its called a Mega Bracelet in the English translation.

And Finally on my one-millionth soft reset Steven Finally says: "I heard that someone has gotten lost on a particular island near here."

oh wait..... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
4 hours of SR still didn't receive the quest, insert drama song.

Edit: I wonder what is the chance of finding the secret quest, like a shiny? Like Pokerus? or both at the same time D:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I encountered her again here's what she says. In spite of her quote she's not a lost person during a lost person mission she's just stadning around same as Aarune, Lisia and whoever
Interesting. Sounds like they really overhauled Mauville City.

BTW I found Aarune. Still haven't gotten secret mission yet.

Wasn't the Mega Bangle from the Japanese translation, though? I know Bangles and Bracelets look similar, but it looks more like a Bracelet to me so that's why its called a Mega Bracelet in the English translation.
Oh, you're right. I mistook it for the Mega Ring in XY for some reason. My mistake.

4 hours of SR still didn't receive the quest, insert drama song.

Edit: I wonder what is the chance of finding the secret quest, like a shiny? Like Pokerus? or both at the same time D:
I'm right there with you. TT_TT

And whatever the chance is it's too high. Honestly, it shouldn't have been completely random...

Hmmm, I just noticed that some of the Elite Four rematches have Pokemon that have Tutor moves on them such as Glacia's Vanilluxe having Signal Beam and Steven's Carbink having Earth Power..

Very subtle confirmation that we're getting updated B2W2 tutors (even though it was confirmed already, this just gets it something to get even more confirmation).
That doesn't confirm anything, to be honest. Elite Four members and Gym Leaders have been cheating since Generation I (Lance's Dragonites, anyone?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)