Smogon Fantasy Basketball '14-'15

Here we go again!

Keeper league has been renewed and invites sent. I will try to follow up with everyone that participated last year to make sure they are returning. Anyone new interested in this please post, so I now you can be a replacement in case someone decides to not return.

We also had a standard H2H league last year, so anyone interested in participating in that post below! I also sent invites to whoever participated last season. However I would like someone else to manage it this time around, I'm too busy as it is.

Current draft time:
  • Keeper: Sat, October 25 4pm EST (-5 GMT)
  • Standard: Sat, October 25 6pm EST (-5 GMT)

I might make these a bit later, not sure. Please let me know of any draft time conflicts so we can try to schedule draft at the time the most people can be available (on the bright side, Yahoo now has a working app where you can draft from!).

--------------------------------------Keeper league stuff---------------------------------------

Ok, now to the keeper league. Here are the keeper league rules we are running by:

1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year.
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years. If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
Note: Last year's draft can be found here.
For returning teams: You can choose your keepers from the "Choose Keepers" section under "My Team". The deadline to choose keepers manually is Thursday, October 23. This is to allow me time to approve keepers, make changes and give us flexibility on draft time. For this year, pay special attention to the last rule!

Also, last year it was mention to base draft order based on standings. Quoting myself:
For next year we can base the draft order on standings (not sure if non-snaking is better in that case). If we do decide to do this, I want to make it so that whoever wins consolation playoffs (7-12) goes first in the draft and then go down based on standings, as to make the consolation playoffs worth something.
Let me know if you guys agree with that, or if we should just go random as always.

I'm interested in joining the standard H2H League. I do Fantasy Sports on a Regular basis and Basketball is my prefer Fantasy Sport.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can't remember if I participated last year. If I did, will do so again. If I didn't, consider this my application.

I'm coming back baby, for both leagues.

Confirm Keepers
-S. Curry
-G. Dragic

Only two keepers this year.

Last edited:
Can't remember if I participated last year. If I did, will do so again. If I didn't, consider this my application.
Err, don't remember. Do the leagues from last year appear in your Yahoo Fantasy page?

I will be sending messages to everyone who has expressed interest so far throughout the day tomorrow.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Keepers:

Anthony Davis
Kevin Love
Ricky Rubio

Lgi.

Edit: Oh I can't keep Kevin Love I think. Whoops. In that case I choose Klay.

This means that I am giving up the following:

2nd round pick - Anthony Davis
4th round pick - Klay Thompson
7th round pick - Ricky Rubio

Sets me up nicely to land a few superstars

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but can't see a choose keepers button.
I changed the keepers date to tomorrow. Get to it!

Invites sent to everyone who has posted so far. There is still room in both leagues. Spread the word!

Last edited:
If the draft is Tonight as scheduled, those who have an Android can download the Yahoo Fantasy app. The app allows you to draft on the go and its a lot easier to manage your teams.

So I will have to delay the Keeper League draft to after the standard H2H draft while I look for 1 more person and set everything up. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)