Ladder Balanced Hackmons

I just got back into the BH meta, and it's honestly still fun, as stall isn't as lost as I thought.

Here's a wallbreaker i've been using that's excellent against most teams:

Groudon-Primal @ Charcoal / Earth Plate / Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- V-create
- Recover
- Infestation / Clamp

Adaptability Primal Groudon can KO some of the best walls in the metagame with ease. Primal Groudon's bulk is also quite outstanding without much investment, and allows it to pivot some of the tiers' most dangerous threats, such as physical Pixilate Diancie. The EV spread allows Primal Groudon to outpace 252 Spe Adamant Mega Gyarados, and helps it speed creep many other threats.

• 252+ Atk Charcoal Adaptability Groudon V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 330-389 (94 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Adaptability Groudon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 368-434 (104.2 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Earth Plate Adaptability Groudon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 280-330 (55.6 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Earth Plate Adaptability Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 206-244 (52.2 - 61.9%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Adaptability Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Audino: 450-530 (109.7 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Clamp is a physical attack, so it's stronger than Infestation.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Yeah, I guess, but the miss chance is risky, and it isn't really intended to do much damage anyway. If you really wanted to take that to an extreme, you could try Magma Storm, which also gets the Adaptability boost and hits physical walls hard but misses so often that it might not even be worth including.

canno

formerly The Reptile
So, this thread is uncharacteristically dead, considering how many new additions we've had. As for me, I've been experimenting with some various balanced defensive core combinations:

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Soft-Boiled

Slowbro-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle
- Dragon Tail (Rapid Spin can also fit on here somewhere)

and this one hasn't had as much testing, but seems pretty good:
Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Entrainment
- Aromatherapy
- Heal Bell
- Baton Pass

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Perish Song
- King's Shield / Will-o-Wisp / Baby-Doll Eyes
- Roost

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Heal Order

I'm basically just trying to handle the -ates as best I can and, in the process, deal with other common threats (for instance, Mega Gengar is handled by Mega Audino). So, has anyone found anything else good along these lines?

As for offense, besides the obvious Mega Rayquaza with Aerilate and Mega Diancie with Pixilate (two of the most spammed Pokemon on the ladder), I've been using the new megas mostly in defensive roles, so I don't have as much to say in this regard. I have had trouble finding the best roles for Primal Kyogre and Groudon, though, although I know they have great potential on both the physical and special sides.

I've actually not been playing much lately because work, so I've not had time to really test stuff.

Though I feel like I might get busy trying to find the source to this image. Supposedly the hacker(s) who discovered some other things we know found this. But, of course, grain of salt for now. It might not even be usable in multiplayer battles if it is real.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I've actually not been playing much lately because work, so I've not had time to really test stuff.

Though I feel like I might get busy trying to find the source to this image. Supposedly the hacker(s) who discovered some other things we know found this. But, of course, grain of salt for now. It might not even be usable in multiplayer battles if it is real.

If this is real, we need to suspect egg and blank-space. Those are really powerful, and I would like them banned.

In all seriousness, this seems interesting. Most likely the limit for levels would be 255 if this is real, since I believe level might be stored in a manner that has that as a max value?

That's how it was in RBY. I had a level 255 Magneton on my copy of Blue, thanks to Rare Candy + capturing Cinnabar coast glitch Pokemon shenanigans, and giving it another candy rolled it over to level 0. It's been five generations since then, yes, but I don't see why it'd be different since there'd be no reason for the game to store a Pokemon's level as a larger integer, so it'd be the safe assumption.

If the level cap does wind up getting bumped up to 255, then everything will become ever so slightly bulkier as a result.

(Level 100) 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 178-211 (44 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(Level 50) 248+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mew: 94-112 (45.4 - 54.1%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The PS damage calculator doesn't allow the level to go above 100, so I don't know exactly how much of an effect that may have on the bulk of things, but it would be notable, turning some possible 2HKOs into guarantied 3HKOs, and so forth. It would also make EVs wonky as hell.

Well, if this is true, then EVs will most diffidently work quite a bit differently. So, I figured I'd post a few things I can figure about how EVs work at level 255.

Level 100 Rayquaza-Mega attack stats:
0 EVs, -atk nature: 356
0 EVs, neutral nature: 396
0 EVs, +atk nature: 435
252 EVs, -atk nature: 413
252 EVs, neutral nature: 459
252 EVs, +atk nature: 504

Level 255 Rayquaza-Mega attack stats:
0 EVs, -atk nature: 901
0 EVs, neutral nature: 1002
0 EVs, +atk nature: 1102
252 EVs, -atk nature: 1045
252 EVs, neutral nature: 1162
252 EVs, +atk nature: 1278

So yeah, that should give everybody an idea of how much higher stats are going to be in this meta now. Oh, and by the way, Chansey has 1779 HP now. So that's a thing.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Obviously this is all still rumor and conjecture, but I'm going to go ahead now and say that if it is confirmed that we can hack in game to over 100 and use those mons over wifi we'll decide whether or not to implement it on the server at that time.
If it is possible to use them over wifi I will laugh so hard at the fact that the one thing they checked is the evs, but not something insanely arbitrary like levels. (Moves I can excuse because coding for event moves is complicated and tedious, and Abilities requires knowledge of whether they're actually released or not)

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
"curse those hackers for utilizing more then 510 evs, but the level restrictor? nah thats gotta go!"
or
"man those people bringing hacked legal pokemon into wifi...we gotta stop it...whuh? a level restrictor that makes the pokemon way more broken then any illegal moveset? nahh"

seriously though, if this is true, it will be safe to say bh has officially become "a shadow of its former self" as to which being good or bad is questionable, however, id think it would be healthier the higher the level restriction is due to the slight bulk increase on many pokemon walls and sweepers alike.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
"Shadow of it's former self" is a bad way to put it. BH emulates the game, it's the game thats changing, not BH (in a sense).

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
"Shadow of it's former self" is a bad way to put it. BH emulates the game, it's the game thats changing, not BH (in a sense).
oh, when i said that, i mostly meant "it changed a whole lot from what it was last gen mechanics wise" i wasn't implying it was no longer "bh" anymore or anything, :P i used the wrong wording looking back, so i apologize for that.

Well, according to the person who originally posted the screenshot, he says the "levels apparently revert back to 100 in battle," although I'm trying to find out if that's just the level display or if the stats do too. Also trying to get the source where he got the screenshot from him. Supposedly it's the guy who found stuff like Mega-Lati@s during pre-Poke Bank, but I'm trying to get all that clarified so I can go hunting on my own.

So, might be a false alarm. Although an intriguing one.

Also, while we're talking about game mechanics changes, did anyone ever confirm if Arceus forms behave as they do in Gen V still? I asked before, but nobody gave me an answer either way.

I'm just getting into BH after being afraid of it for so long, and I'm having a lot of fun despite only having played five battles. I haven't lost yet. I've been using a balance team with Prankster Giratina for Defog support, Magic Bounce Empoleon for Stealth Rock support, Mega Manectric for a fast Mold Breaker Taunt, and strong priority users in Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Gyarados.
Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- King's Shield
- Brave Bird

Giratina @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Heal Order
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Shift Gear

Gyarados-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Sucker Punch
- Icicle Spear
- Bullet Seed

Manectric-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare

Here's a replay of my latest battle, which was my closest yet.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-177121965

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)